The Friday Five: 5 Old School Features I Want To See Return

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

The Friday Five: 5 Old School Features I Want To See Return

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:15 pm

In this week's Friday Five, I get a little nostalgic for a old school features I'd like to see return in future games:
http://www.nba-live.com/the-friday-five ... ee-return/
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Old School Features I Want To See Ret

Postby beegees on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:13 am

Just do not return the T-Meter: at high levels of the strip are moving too fast. :?
And if a player with less than 70 FT Rating - do not fly. During the game so the AI ​​10-20 points handicap is obtained.
This Is Where I Came In

beegees

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:19 am

That's the point, to make free throw shooting difficult when you're using a poor free throw shooter. That's how it should be, neither the CPU nor the user should easily be able to shoot well with players who are weak at the foul line.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:57 pm

I like the idea of being able to get a cyberface for the created player in game. I remember they had it for one of the NHL games I used to play and it really enhanced the create a player mode. I'd also like to see the return of the T-meter. I think it got the most accurate free throw shooting numbers. The 2k system is fine, but if you've perfected a certain shooting stroke (like I have with Tyler Zeller of all players), you can get some pretty outrageous numbers.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:13 am

Exactly. To me, makes and misses also feel a bit too random with 2K's system and without any kind of true aiming system, it doesn't feel like misses have any rhyme or reason. For example, I find that I make more free throws with a B+ release than an A- release, which doesn't make sense as the latter is closer to the perfect release window. Additionally, with the T-Meter I know exactly why I missed a free throw and it will miss according to my aim; if I stop the bars/markers too short and too far left, then the free throw will miss short and to the left.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:30 pm

Elite's FT shooting was the best of both worlds... here's to hoping they keep it in Live 14!!
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:14 pm

Yeah, I thought that was something they got right with Elite 11. It didn't work out so well for regular shots, but I liked it as a free throw mechanic, a mix between the right stick method and T-Meter. Not a bad update to the concept.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard