The Official NBA 2K13 Q&A Thread

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Re: The Official NBA 2K13 Q&A Thread

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:42 pm

perezdi wrote:It's me again, Mario!

Anyway, here it is: there is any way to use other uniforms in MyCareer or it can be done just by changing the files inside the core game files?

As usual, thank you!

Only by renaming the jersey files as desired. Being able to select different jerseys in that mode is something a lot of us would like to see; it's not a huge, crucial feature, but it'd be a nice touch.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby perezdi on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:04 am

Andrew wrote:
perezdi wrote:It's me again, Mario!

Anyway, here it is: there is any way to use other uniforms in MyCareer or it can be done just by changing the files inside the core game files?

As usual, thank you!

Only by renaming the jersey files as desired. Being able to select different jerseys in that mode is something a lot of us would like to see; it's not a huge, crucial feature, but it'd be a nice touch.

Thank you!

Someone does have the answer for this?
perezdi wrote:And another quick one: my team logo in the scoreboard inside the away matches is wrong, I have no idea when or how it happened, how do I fix it?

Already tried reinstalling the original logos but it didn't solve the issue.
perezdi

Postby perezdi on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:26 am

Actually, just noticed that at least on more team has its logo messed up. Atlanta Hawks has Grizzlies on. I'm puzzled because I already tried to put the original files back.
perezdi

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:52 am

Do you have a custom scoreboard installed? Sounds like there's a conflict in there somewhere.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby perezdi on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:05 pm

Andrew wrote:Do you have a custom scoreboard installed? Sounds like there's a conflict in there somewhere.

I tried to install it but it didn't work. Let me see the files and replace then and I'll let you know here. Thank you again!
perezdi

Postby perezdi on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Well, Andrew, I reinstalled the newscorebug but it didn't work. To explain even better what it is happening:

What is wrong:
- When I play away the team logo in the scoreboard is wrong, in the cuts to the replays too, the aftermatches interviews have the wrong logo in the background and in that TV too.
- Some other teams have this weird thing too, but just happens when I play away.
perezdi

Postby perezdi on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:43 pm

If I want to do a reinstalation of the game, I have to save only the %Appdata% files? I'm starting to think that it will be the cure.
perezdi

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:15 pm

For the record, you can just edit your previous post if you have something to add. ;)

I'd avoid reinstalling if possible, since it can lead to issues where you have to contact 2K Support to provide you with a new CD key. Instead, I'd recommend following these steps:
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=90254

And restoring the official update files from 2K using our pack:
Official NBA 2K13 Roster & Online Data Update
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby perezdi on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Andrew wrote:For the record, you can just edit your previous post if you have something to add. ;)

I'd avoid reinstalling if possible, since it can lead to issues where you have to contact 2K Support to provide you with a new CD key. Instead, I'd recommend following these steps:
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=90254

And restoring the official update files from 2K using our pack:
Official NBA 2K13 Roster & Online Data Update

haha, truth, much time since I used forums. :lol:
I'll check it out then. Thank you.
---

EDIT:

Guess what, I reinstalled it and the problem isn't solved. :P
Never seen anything like this, so weird. The only persistent files that I'm using are my saves, so I screwed it up on my roster or something, but I have no idea where to change it on the Roster Editor, I don't know even if it is possible. :shock:

---

EDIT 2:

I'm certain that it is my save now, since what I intended to do was changing the uniforms. I'll check other saves to see if I have a problem with them too, but I don't think it is the case, I think the problem is specific with this save.
perezdi

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:56 am

If the problem is with the save, maybe you can correct it by undoing any changes but worst case scenario, you'll have to start over.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dim-3D on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:14 am

I read a lot about the of.rebounding and i'm here just for that.

I Just delete the season i played with Denver Nuggets and propably i'm done with this game. I just can take it anymore with the bugs. Cpu doesn't make the game more difficult in every level it just steals you more and it does that mainly with rebounding. In alomost every game i saw every guard jump higher that McGee and faired and grab rebounds, they just ignore the block out, jump over the big guys and grab one of. rebound after the other. It's ridiculous.

In my last game maybe ever, in the play-of i saw in a very critical game Barea grab an of.rebound over McGee 3-4 ballgames after Rubio jump over Faried to do the same thing and i'm not ever counting the times the big gus of Wolves took an of. rebound by ignoring the block out (over the back foul you say??? no such thing for the cpu). They had 12 of. rebounds in the middle of the 3rd period (they had double of. rebounds in every game) That was it for me, i'm done i feel like that game is making fun of me, this thing is just bullshit. And that wasn't ever the worst i've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgE18wKY5P4

this is a video i made (i cant' record directly from the game unfortunately). Faried grabs the def. rebound but the ball just slips through his hand and goes... backwards to a Cavs player who scores without any trouble. It feels like one of those guys who made the game sits and watch all of those things and just laughs with an evil grim.

Even the nba live series had a more realistic of.rebounding. For me they destroyed a good game with this thing.

(i'm always talknig about the pc version)
dim-3D

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:21 pm

Not exactly a question but yeah, that is an annoying issue when it comes to rebounding.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dim-3D on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:45 pm

Andrew wrote:Not exactly a question but yeah, that is an annoying issue when it comes to rebounding.

I wanted to post this in a different thread actually, I put it here by accident
dim-3D

Postby rafal723 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:46 pm

Is there any way to convert a replay from NBA 2K13 in .REP format to any other, e.g. .avi; .flv etc. ?
Sorry for my English. Linsanity (we remember)
"People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can't do it. You wanna something. Go get it ! Period." - Chris Gardner, Pursuit of Happyness
rafal723

Postby JaoSming on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:10 am

that is not how the rep files are saved, they are an interactive save of gameplay for the game, not a video file.

So you need to load each one up in game and use Fraps or an alternative to capture what is happening on your screen and into a video file. I do not recall if the YouTube/community site upload feature is working or not.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby rafal723 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:34 am

O.K., Thank you !

P.S. Sorry if it's not allowed to write here these things. ;)
Sorry for my English. Linsanity (we remember)
"People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can't do it. You wanna something. Go get it ! Period." - Chris Gardner, Pursuit of Happyness
rafal723

Postby perezdi on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:35 pm

Guys, I was wondering, there is any way to edit the amount of SP that you gain per match? Since in PC you don't have the online experience to get VC, I want to boost it a bit, but not just giving my new player like lots of SP, just to edit the amount that you get per match so I can gradually (much faster or just a bit faster, like 1.5x+) increase my player stats.
perezdi

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:41 am

I don't believe so.

Also, this thread isn't for modding questions, it's for questions about the base game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby perezdi on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:11 am

Andrew wrote:I don't believe so.

Also, this thread isn't for modding questions, it's for questions about the base game.

I see.

Thank you, anyway.
perezdi

Postby fj2305 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:17 pm

Since 4 days nba2k13 doesn't work? 11months it ran perfectly and now after 5 secs it shuts down? any solutions?
fj2305

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:09 am

This thread is for general questions about the game. If you're having technical difficulties, you should start a new thread.

You'll also need to post more information about the game and your system for someone to be able to point you in the right direction.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby fj2305 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Andrew wrote:This thread is for general questions about the game. If you're having technical difficulties, you should start a new thread.

You'll also need to post more information about the game and your system for someone to be able to point you in the right direction.

ok... I will try somewhere else;) thx anyways
fj2305

Postby ikez on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:38 am

:)

hello guys! only have one question. "how will i play the player i created in the association???" because whenever i start a new association it always restore to the default roster and i was hoping you guys had a ways now to deal with this ''playing the association with the updated roster''.

FYI this is for Playstation Portable Version (Not on PC)

:bowdown2: hoping for speedy response (Y)
ikez

Postby fox on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:56 am

I too would like to know how to play a created player in games other than exhibition. In my case I would like to play the 5 created players I made as a team in season play. But even if I load the saved players it always resets back to default roster when I start season mode. I am also playing on PSP.
fox

Postby Eben on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:46 pm

SLEEVED JERSEY FOR NBA 2K13.
Eben

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13