Memphis Grizzlies Dynasty-Denver @ Memphis

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Memphis Grizzlies Dynasty-Denver @ Memphis

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:57 am

Memphis Grizzlies Dynasty
-Updated rosters with off-season trades and signings
-25 rookies
-9 min quarters
-82 game season
-Cocobee's sliders

Rookies added:
Dwight Howard
Emeka Okafor
Ben Gordon
Shaun Livingston
Devin Harris
Josh Childress
Luol Deng
Rafael Araujo
Andre Iguodala
Luke Jackson
Andris Biedrins
Robert Swift
Sebastian Telfair
Kris Humphries
Al Jefferson
Kirk Snyder
Josh Smith
J.R. Smith
Dorell Wright
Jameer Nelson
Pavel Podkolzine
Delonte West
Andre Emmett
Antonio Burks
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby cocobee on Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:59 am

Good Start bro, tell me if those sliders start to get easier--my current ones are a killer. Good luck :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby TheBigEasy on Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:10 am

With which roster will you be playing? All Rookies?

Oh .. and cocobee, where can I find your sliders? Old ones and your new killer ones?

TBE
TheBigEasy

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:12 am

TheBigEasy wrote:With which roster will you be playing? All Rookies?

I will have the rookies and the transactions and signings that I think that will happen. Like I will have the Miami-Lakers trade and signings like Kobe, Kmart, Dampier, and more. It will be a surprise when I play my games and you will see who is on what team. :)
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:30 am

Grizzlies add more depth, signs Cardinal

Jerry West adds another solid player, but will he lure in a big man?

By Ronald Tillery
September 15, 2004

Grizzlies president Jerry West made another surprising signing by acquiring Brian Cardinal from the free agent list. He used his entire mid-level exception for the sharp shooting forward.

Cardinal had a break-out season last year as he averaged 9 ppg and 4 rpg off the bench for the Warriors in 76 games. He also shot 44% from the 3 point line and hustles like a dog. He will fit well in Hubie's system and will make an immediate impact on the Grizzlies.

The Grizzlies now have an unbalanced rosters with 4 PG's and 4 SG's listed on their team. Jason Williams, Earl Watson, Troy Bell, Antonio Burks, Bonzi Wells, Dahntay Jones, Mike Miller and Andre Emmett all are still listed on the Grizzlies rosters. There are alot of possible trade ideas for the Grizzlies, but Jerry West is a very quiet guy and won't let anybody know exactly what he is doing.

There has been rumors flirting around that Jerry West tried to go after Mark Blount from the Boston Celtics, along with the Sixers, but Blount decided to stay with the Celtics after accepting their offer. Dampier is still on the Grizzlies roster, but the Warriors are trying to pull out from the trade talks that would send Dampier to Memphis in a sign-and-trade deal. "We aren't going to give up too much in trades, because we just won't take the risk on that. If they feel their players are worth more than what we are giving them then that is fine with me," West said. Jerry West has been interested in Erick Dampier since last season and tried to acquire him in a mid-season deal that fail to go down. West was in Los Angeles with Dampier agent a few weeks ago and there is no telling what went on during the meeting he had with him.

Memphis are still trying to resign Stromile Swift, but no team has made an offer to him, feeling that the Grizzlies will match any offer for him. The Grizzlies may get away with a steal and sign Swift for cheap. "We will do whatever it takes to hold on to our players," West said. The Grizzlies and Gasol are still working on a contract extension and has almost reached an agreement.

Ron Artest has been mentioned in trade ideas that included Bonzi Wells from the Grizzlies and Artest has the same agent as Brian Cardinal. Who knows? Jerry could still be in the works of working out a deal to acquire the all-star G/F from Indiana. The only thing we can say is that the Grizzlies aren't finished willing and dealing in this off-season.

- Ronald Tillery: 555-5555
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby ntw on Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:54 pm

nice start mafia
ntw

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:52 am

ntw wrote:nice start mafia

Thanks...I should have everything in full affect by Wednesday and Thursday. I made the thread just to let everyone know I'm getting ready to start it. Expect this dynasty to go very far.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:19 am

Training Camp Results are Impressive

Grizzlies didn't acquire the big man they wanted, but are on the rise of having another breakout season

By Ronald Tillery
October 5, 2004

After having a very tough off-season, by not acquiring Erick Dampier, Jerry West knew if he couldn't get his inside presence during the off-season that he had more time during the season.

The Grizzlies just started training camp a few days ago, and it has been a great one. Dahntay Jones has really improved his game as he was working very hard in the scrimmages. Players like Pau Gasol, Stromile Swift, Lorenzen Wright, Bo Outlaw, and Brian Cardinal worked very hard on their rebounding and shot blocking. "All because we didn't get the big man we wanted, doesn't mean the big men we have now won't work their butts off to give us their best effort," Coach Hubie Brown said.

Assistant coach Tony Barone was very impressed with Stromile's work ethic during the training camp. "He has really been at the other players during the scrimmages and work-outs. He is starting to become a more mature player and maybe this is the year he will breakout," Barone said. Stromile hasn't been able to contain a starting position every since Pau Gasol stepped into play and Swift was forced to play behind center/forward Lorenzen Wright for 3 seasons in Memphis.

The Grizzlies are going into the season with even more depth than what they had last year by adding Cardinal to the mix. After waiving forward Ryan Humphrey and losing Jake Tskalidis to the Utah Jazz during free agency, Jerry West thinks they have what it takes to advance further into the playoffs this season. "With the effort I have seen from our big men during training camp they seem very determined this season and don't want the same thing that happened last year, happen again this year," West said.

Special gem James Posey gave the Grizzlies a spark last year and was nominated for one of the most improved players during the 2003-04 season. "He will be one of our top scoring options this season and if we need a basket, it will either be him or Gasol taking," Barone said.

Teams like Suns, Rockets, Nuggets and Jazz have really improved dramatically during the off-season. Everyone one of those teams finished behind the Grizzlies last season and the Grizzlies will have to work even harder this year to prove they deserve to be in the playoffs. "We are kind of like the underdogs this season with all these teams making trades and signing FA's, but we are going to be just as good as last year and even better," West said.

Don't expect the Grizzlies to keep intact with that same roster if they start off bad during the season. Jerry West will do more to improve the team and you can expect that from him later on.

Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:31 pm

West Lands Dampier

He was targeted for almost 2 years now, and the Grizzlies got their wish

By Ronald Tillery
October 10, 2004

Dampier in his new Grizzlies uniform

It was all in a matter of time for Jerry West to pull the trigger on a deal that gave the Grizzlies their biggest wish on their Christmas list. Have you ever heard of Christmas in the fall? Well Jerry West has made the bells ring in Memphis as he acquired Dampier right before the start of the season.

This trade was very surprising to many players and teams as they thought Dampier was off the Grizzlies radar since Fegan, Dampier's agent, and West couldn't come up with an agreement. The deal included 3 of the Grizzlies players. Lorenzen Wright who was the Grizzlies starting center for 3 straight seasons in Memphis. "We just thought there was no need for Lorenzen if we had Dampier. We will still have Swift coming off the bench, which means it was either Swift or Wright that was going to leave. We are really going to miss Lorenzen as he brought the home-town flavor back to Memphis," West commented. Shane Battier who Jerry West really wanted to keep, but he had to make something happen if the Grizzlies we're going to get their big man. "I was very angry at the fact we had to give up Battier who was just one of the best role models on the team. He always did the right thing, and we just won't find another Battier anymore." Earl Watson was also dealt with in the deal as the Grizzlies had 4 PG's, but one of them had to go. "Watson was an all out type of player. He always played tough defense and never lacked it. He will also be missed from our lineup."

There was no rumor whatsoever going on about the Grizzlies and Warriors working a deal out. It was one of Jerry West specialties as he pulled off another surprising deal. "I'm happy to be closer to my hometown and I love the hospitality that's in Memphis. This is where I wanted to go since the end of last season because being closer to home is a big advantage," Dampier said.

Dampier is expected to finish training camp with the Grizzlies and start pre-season play in about a week.

Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:44 pm

The Grizzlies Season has Begun

The Grizzlies are back to Hubie Ball

By Ronald Tillery
October 28, 2004

James Posey (left), Coach Hubie Brown (middle), Pau Gasol (right) poses for NBA Insiders magazine

The Memphis Grizzlies have finally put together their opening day roster that is a very solid group. Hubie has said that he will continue to work with his 10-man rotation and this will only make the Grizzlies better as they improved their front-line during the off-season. The Grizzlies roster looks like this:

Memphis Grizzlies 2004-05 Regular Season Roster
C-Erick Dampier
PF-Pau Gasol
SF-James Posey
SG-Mike Miller
PG-Jason Williams
6-Bonzi Wells
7-Stromile Swift
8-Brian Cardinal
9-Bo Outlaw
10-Troy Bell
11-Dahntay Jones
12-Antonio Burks

IR:Andre Emmett

Memphis has an even amount of depth now and you will expect a 2nd unit of Swift, Outlaw, Cardinal, Wells and Bell. With Bell having more experience than Burks, he will be the one to backup starter Jason Williams. Having Cardinal in the 2nd unit will give the Grizzlies a better shooter, which they lacked last season off the bench.

The Grizzlies will have their season debut at home in the new FedEx Forum on November 4th against the Atlanta Hawks. The game is sold-out. $5 tickets will be available at noon during the day of the game.

match_66 thank you for helping me with the pics and magazine :wink:
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby cocobee on Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:52 pm

Great move to get Dampier. This team will make some noise. Great update bro!
NBA Insiders is a great touch
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Riot on Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:44 pm

This looks sweet keep it up mafia! :D
Riot
WHAT DA F?!?! CHEEZITS!?

Postby 'Melo on Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:30 am

This dynasty looks fantastic :shock:. Your dynasty are classics :wink:. Like your Denver Dynasty :wink:. Great Job :wink:.

-Carmelo
'Melo

Postby ntw on Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:06 am

good job on getting damp
ntw

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:40 am

ImageImage
Atlanta @ Memphis
November 4, 7:30 PM
Hawks, 1-2; Grizzlies, 0-0.

First Game Jitters

By Ronald Tillery
November 4, 2004

There is nothing like having the first game jitters as the Grizzlies open up their regular season schedule tonight. They have their new uni's, new arena and new attitudes for this season.

The spotlight is all on Hubie's guys as they face no.6 pick Josh Childress and the Atlanta Hawks tonight in the all new FedEx Forum. "We have been waiting on this moment to happen for awhile now. Playing each other in scrimmages everyday started to get boring for us," Miller said.

The Grizzlies came into the start of preseason play acquiring center Erick Dampier in a sign-and-trade deal that shocked many people. Jerry West never gave up on his main targer and he picked up the former Mississippi product. The Atlanta Hawks who hold a 1-2 record has had a good off-season as well. They drafted both Josh Childress and Josh Smit. They also acquired Al Harrington in a sign-and-trade that sent Stephen Jackson to Indiana. Atlanta tried to make a run at Denver's Kenyon Martin and yours truly, Stromile Swift, but they could not reach an agreement with either player.

The Grizzlies will hope to contain Atlanta's PG Jason Terry as he leads the Hawks in scoring with 20.7 ppg. "We have worked defensive plays for their guards during practice. It's going to be a tough situation tonight as we will need for our front-line to help out as well," Hubie Brown said.

Tonight's Key Matchup:
Jason Terry vs. Jason Williams

Terry loves to score, while Jason is the fancy ball handler and passer. It will be tough for Williams to contain Terry in this game, but with the Grizzlies help defense, Jwill won't have to worry too much on Terry penetrating to the basket. Williams has became a better shooter during the summer. With the front-line of Posey, Gasol and Dampier, things will be alot easier on Jwill and alot harder on the opponents PG.

Probable Starters:
Grizzlies(Last Season Stats)
C-Erick Dampier- (12.3 PPG, 12 RPG)
PF-Pau Gasol- (17.7 PPG, 7.7 RPG)
SF-James Posey- (13.7 PPG, 4.9 RPG)
SG-Mike Miller- (11.1 PPG, 3.6 APG)
PG-Jason Williams- (10.9 PPG, 6.8 APG)

Hawks
C-Mamadou N'diaye- (2 BPG)
PF-Jason Collier- (7.3 RPG)
SF-Al Harrington- (8.7 RPG)
SG-Josh Childress- (18.7 PPG)
PG-Jason Terry- (20.7 PPG)

Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Jay-Peso on Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:50 pm

One of your images is a dead link :(

Other than that, nice update.

Thank you
What you know bout that?
Jay-Peso

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:51 pm

James wrote:One of your images is a dead link :(

Other than that, nice update.

Thank you

Which one? It's probably the Ronald Tillery link, but it shows when I look at it. :?
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:19 pm

Grizzlies Win 1st Regular Season Game

Grizzlies depth was too much for the Hawks

By Ronald Tillery
November 5, 2004

ImageHawks-92
ImageGrizzlies-111

Gasol shoots the hook-shot, as he grabbed Player of the Game honors after the game

Hubie's philosphy of the 10-man rotation came in handy once again for the Grizzlies as they turn it up a notch in the 4th quarter to pull away against the Hawks. The Grizzlies had 8 players in double figures last night as their depth continued to bother the Hawks.

Atlanta did not have enough players to contain the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies kept running and running to tire out the Hawks and they finally we're too tired to guard anyone. The game was very close early on as the Hawks led after the 1st quarter 20-18. "In the 1st quarter, they we're forcing us to play the type of style they wanted to play, which was slow the pace down. After that, we turned our defense up a notch and we just start running the rest of the game," Mike Miller said.

The Grizzlies scored 34 pts in the 2nd quarter and went on a 15-2 run during that spurt. Memphis led 52-43 at the end of the 1st half, as the Hawks we're frustrated with their defensive effort against the Grizzlies. "It was a terrible effort out there for us. We played 1 good quarter and that was it from then on. Their depth is amazing," Jason Terry said. Terry was one of the few sparks the Hawks had in this game as he had a game-high of 31 pts and 12 asts. Rookie Josh Childress scored 21 pts for the Hawks as he continued his great rookie season.

Bonzi gets the easy dunk on the fastbreak

Erick Dampier was one of the key factors in tonight's game as well. He filled up the lane with us huge body and finished the game with 12 pts, 11 rebs and 3 blks. "I love it here in Memphis. The fans are loyal to the team and they love me here. I want to be here for a long time. We played great tonight and I want to do my best to keep this winning up," Dampier said.

Grizzlies move to 1-0 this season as the Hawks are 1-3. Memphis are in Salt Lake City tonight to take on the Utah Jazz.

Team Stats
Grizzlies
Points-111
Bench Scoring-40
Field Goals-40/78
3-Point-4/10
Free Throws-27/28
Rebounds-44
Blocks-5
Steals-10
Assists-22
Turnovers-15

Hawks
Points-92
Bench Scoring-20
Field Goals-41/80
3-Point-7/29
Free Throws-3/4
Rebounds-29
Blocks-2
Steals-5
Assists-22
Turnovers-14

Player Stats:
Grizzlies
J. Posey-18 pts, 4 rebs, 3 asts
P. Gasol-16 pts, 11 rebs
J. Williams-13 pts, 7 asts
E. Dampier-12 pts, 11 rebs, 3 blks
M. Miller-12 pts, 4 asts
B. Cardinal-12 pts, 2-3 3PFG
S. Swift-11 pts, 5 rebs
B. Wells-11 pts

Hawks
J. Terry-31 pts, 12 asts
J. Childress-21 pts, 4 rebs
J. Smith-10 pts
A. Harrington-10 pts

November 5, 7:30 PM
Grizzlies, 1-0; Jazz, 0-2.

Back-to-Back-to-Back!

Grizzlies are showing the league that they are a playoff bound team

Last night, the Grizzlies performed as if they we're teammates for a decade. The chemistry was there, the sold-out crowd was like wild animals, the arena was rocking, and the Grizzlies depth was unbelievable.

The Grizzlies had a total of 8 players with double figures in last night's game and Hubie's 10 man rotation tortured the Hawks late in the game. "This was a very important game for us because with this win we now know how each other play. Everyone works hard on the court and it's a team effort, Gasol said.

Tonight, the Grizzlies are playing one of the many back-to-back games. The Grizzlies wil have 3 more straight games coming up after tonight's game against the Jazz. "We are already experiencing the toughest part of our schedule. For us to play these many games at the start of the season is a joke, but we aren't going to let that bring us down," Posey said.

The Grizzlies matchup tonight against the Utah Jazz who have a surprisingly 0-2 record to start the season. "Don't let that record fool you at all. This is one of the tougher teams in the West and you can expect a very hard fought game from them tonight," Hubie said.

After acquiring both Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur, the Jazz have av ery tough frontcourt featuring Okur, Boozer and all-star Andrei Kirilenko. Kirilenko leads the team in scoring with 22.5 ppg and also grabs 7.5 rpg. In Okur's 2 games with the Jazz, he is averaging 11.5 ppg and 5.5 rpg. Boozer averages are 10.5 ppg and 8 rpg.

Utah is the 3rd to last in the league in scoring, only scoring 87.5 ppg a contestm while they give up 102.5 ppg.

Key Matchup:
Grizzlies front-line vs. Jazz front-line

This will be an all out war in the paint tonight as Dampier, Gasol and Posey take on Okur, Boozer and Kirilenko. It's front-line vs. front-line and both of these teams have worked hard to get a solid front-line during the off-season. The Grizzlies front-line averages a total of 46 pts, 26 rebs and 5 blks. The Jazz front-line averages a total of 44.5 ppg, 21 rpg and 3 bpg. This will be a very exciting match-up for the fans. Utah will have the advantage as they will host their first home-game of the season and you can expect a sold-out crowd.

Probable Starters:
Grizzlies
C-Erick Dampier- (3 BPG)
PF-Pau Gasol- (11 RPG)
SF-James Posey- (18 PPG)
SG-Mike Miller- (4 APG)
PG-Jason Williams- (7 APG)

Jazz
C-Mehmet Okur- (1 BPG)
PF-Carlos Boozer- (8 RPG)
SF-Andrei Kirilenko- (22.5 PPG)
SG-Matt Harpring- (13.5 PPG)
PG-Carlos Arroyo- (4 APG)

-BHZMAFIA-

Postby ntw on Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:43 pm

keep it coming mafia
ntw

Postby Mark. on Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:50 pm

Good win Mafia,

Its good to get on under the belt early.

Great write ups, i envy being abel to write like that.

Keep it up (Y)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:30 am

match_66 wrote:Good win Mafia,

Its good to get on under the belt early.

Great write ups, i envy being abel to write like that.

Keep it up (Y)

Thanks...More updates coming on Monday because I won't have time today to do any.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:40 am

Defense Wins Ball Games

A series of blocks from the Grizzlies helped them come out with the win

By Ronald Tillery
November 6, 2004

ImageGrizzlies-105
ImageJazz-96

Boozer's electrifying dunk wasn't enough to get the win against the Grizzlies

Grizzlies played their fast pace game throughout the entire game and made the Jazz pay. At the end of the 1st quarter, the game was tied at 30 apiece. After that quarter, Utah thought they could hang with the Grizzlies and their fast pace play. That plan did not work well as the Grizzlies dominated them in the next 3 quarters.

Pau Gasol who has came on since Dampier hit the scene in Memphis, was the Player of the Game with 16 pts, 10 rebs, 4 asts and 2 blks. "Erick was really helped me so far in the season. He allows me to be able to rebound the ball alot better and I don't get banged in paint as much. He is a solid gem for the team," Gasol said. Gasol was able to put Carlos Boozer in foul trouble early in the game which forced the Jazz to play rookie Kris Humphries against Gasol. "It was very tough guarding him because of his quickness and height. There was nothing I could do to stop him," Humphries said.

Dampier scored 16 pts, grabbed 9 rebs and blocked 3 shots to help the Grizzlies go 2-0 for the season

All game long, the Jazz we're knocking down outside shots. The Grizzlies inside presence was too much, but Jazz shot 34 three point attempts that kept them in the game. Despite only making 13 of those 34 three pointers, it kept them close in the 4th quarter as they cut the lead down to 5. Dampier and Gasol both stopped the Jazz on the inside as they combined for 5 blks in the game. "It is going to be a very fun year playing with both Gasol and Dampier. Those 2 together can do alot of things on the court and will help us in the near future," Miller said.

Mike Miller who had a team-high 21 pts was feeling it throughout the game. He shot 2-4 from 3 pt range and the Jazz we're too focused on Gasol, that they left Miller hanging on the wing and corner for the wide-open 3. "I was surprised that I was so wide open during that game. When I hit 3-4 shots in the row, I knew this was going to be the night for me to come up big and I really spreaded the defense out," Miller said.

The Grizzlies outrebounded the Jazz 39-27 in the game. Bench scoring was also a key factor in last night's game as the Grizzlies bench outscored the Jazz bench 36-21. Bonzi Wells led the Grizzlies bench with 12 pts on 5-9 shooting from the field.

Team Stats
Jazz
Points-96
Bench Scoring-21
Field Goals-39/76
3-Point-13/34
Free Throws-5/5
Rebounds-27
Blocks-2
Steals-5
Assists-21
Turnovers-11

Grizzlies
Points-105
Bench Scoring-36
Field Goals-44/77
3-Point-3/9
Free Throws-14/14
Rebounds-39
Blocks-6
Steals-6
Assists-24
Turnovers-12

Player Stats:
Jazz
A. Kirilenko-22 pts, 6 asts, 5 rebs
C. Arroyo-19 pts, 9 asts
M. Harpring-16 pts
M. Okur-10 pts, 5 rebs
C. Boozer-8 pts, 8 rebs

Grizzlies
M. Miller-21 pts, 5 asts
E. Dampier-16 pts, 9 rebs, 3 blks
P. Gasol-16 pts, 10 rebs, 4 asts, 2 blks
J. Posey-12 pts, 3 rebs, 2 asts
B. Wells-12 pts, 2 asts
S. Swift- 11 pts, 7 rebs
B. Cardinal-9 pts, 4 rebs
J. Williams- 6 pts, 6 asts, 1 TO

November 6, 7:00 PM
Celtics, 0-4; Grizzlies, 2-0.

Grizzlies=Heart

Grizzlies start the season off playing their hearts out

The Grizzlies are back home once again as they try to finish out their 5 games in 5 nights. "It's already been tough on us, but in out first 2 games we came out and took care of business," Dampier said.

Having that said, the Grizzlies have been playing with alot of heart to start the season. You can see it on their faces when they hit the court. Diving for loose balls and doing all the little things to help them win. "It'something we've worked on all summer and during training camp. I told them to leave their heart out on the floor when we play," Hubie said.

Grizzlies will face the Boston Celtics tonight at the FedEx Forum. Boston we're expected to be better than a 0-4 team. Pierce has been putting up MVP type numbers with 23.5 ppg, 8.8 rpg and 4 apg.

Rookie Al Jefferson and center Mark Blount combined for 24.3 ppg, 16 rpg and 2.5 bpg. Solid big men was something that Boston had to improve in hte off-season and they got what they wanted. "We have the talent, but just no chemistry going on with the team. We have a great coach in Doc Rivers, but it's us, the players that need to step up," Blount said.

Boston is last in th league in scoring with only 84.3 ppg. Memphis scores the 2nd most in the league with 108 ppg.

Key Matchup:
Paul Pierce vs. James Posey

Offensive machine meets defensive stopper. Pierce has been an offensive threat this season will have to deal with Posey tonight. James Posey is an excellent defender who never let the offensive player get anything easy. Posey is averaging 15 ppg, 3.5 rpg an 1 spg in 23.5 mins of play.

Probable Starters:
Celtics
C-Mark Blount- (1.5 BPG)
PF-Al Jefferson- (8.5 RPG)
SF-Ricky Davis- (5-10 3PFG)
SG-Paul Pierce- (23.5 PPG)
PG-Marcus Banks- (4.3 APG)

Grizzlies
C-Erick Dampier- (3 BPG)
PF-Pau Gasol- (10.5 RPG)
SF-James Posey- (15 PPG)
SG-Mike Miller- (16.5 PPG)
PG-Jason Williams- (6.5 APG)

-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Alcoholic on Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:53 am

Nice dynasty.. where'd you get the Booze from? I like that chest hair!
Alcoholic

Postby Ruff Ryder on Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:57 am

Alcoholic wrote:Nice dynasty.. where'd you get the Booze from? I like that chest hair!

I think it's Mikki's. :wink:

Nice Dynasty! (Y)

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby cocobee on Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:20 pm

another solid update, that boozer is nice. Gotta love the chest hair. :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Next

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame