[Tool] Roster Editor

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor

Postby CjRice on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:15 am

JaoSming wrote:yep, just trade players in the tool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMUFJMdkMNw
phpBB [video]

Thanks!! Thanks!!! Thanks!!!! Thanks!!!!!
:bowdown2:
CjRice

Postby Answer348 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:10 am

Does anyone have issues with the Playbooks tab? I'm trying to paste playbooks from one roster into another, and it always seems to cause the new roster to crash upon loading. I think that the auto-offsets are not being generated properly (since I had no problems in earlier versions of the editor). Any thoughts?
Answer348

Postby Leftos on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:49 am

The auto-offset is calculated based on the default first play for the 76ers. If you're opening a roster that has that play removed or moved somewhere else, auto-detection fails. If you know the base official roster for your modded roster, you can open that, see what the PlaybookOffset becomes in the Options tab, open your modded roster, set that PlaybookOffset in the Options tab and save, and you should get the full table.

It's irritating, but my reverse engineering skills only got me that far this year. For reliable playbook editing no matter the roster or save, use REDitor.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby shivaa008 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi Sir Leftos, thanks for the Roster Editor u made, it really helps me. :D but i just wanna ask a question...

i changed the coaches on my NBA 2K13, well the cyberface and portrait works, but the name of the coach are different... for example, i changed NETS new coach Jason Kidd, i saw the portrait and cyberface, but the name is different... Thanks sir :D
shivaa008

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:39 pm

You need to use RED MC or hex editing to change names like that
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ayarauuf on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Hello Sir, is it possible to change the players number (plnum) in the Teams Tab? i know there are 18 players maximum allowed but i want to make it 20 players if possible. thanks.
ayarauuf

Postby KwstasTrikala4 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:28 pm

Guys I have already install a patch but I can not create a player because ll the players that have been created at this patch are like created and not replaced. Any soloution?? can i delete some players with this tool
KwstasTrikala4

Postby Messenger4Christ on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:36 am

I just downloaded the editor recently, and I cannot get the editor to open. How can this be fixed?
Messenger4Christ

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:45 am

by telling us any errors that pop up when it doesnt show up?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ayarauuf on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:26 pm

Sir Jao, do you have any idea if it is possible to change the players number (plnum) in the Teams Tab? i know in Roster Editor only 18 players maximum allowed but i want to make it 20 players if possible. thanks.
ayarauuf

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:44 pm

if that is the max, it is the max
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby pampitonGIL on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi Leftos and JaoSming. I just wanna ask how to check and/or uncheck "IsInFAPool" and "IsHidden"? Because i want to have J. Farmar on my FA Pool so i can assign him to the Lakers. Is that possible? THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the help.
pampitonGIL

Postby KwstasTrikala4 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:56 pm

KwstasTrikala4 wrote:Guys I have already install a patch but I can not create a player because ll the players that have been created at this patch are like created and not replaced. Any soloution?? can i delete some players with this tool
KwstasTrikala4

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:37 pm

pampitonGIL wrote:Hi Leftos and JaoSming. I just wanna ask how to check and/or uncheck "IsInFAPool" and "IsHidden"? Because i want to have J. Farmar on my FA Pool so i can assign him to the Lakers. Is that possible? THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the help.

you edit the teams tab, if you want the player in the FA pool, put him in the FA "team". Check my Learn link in my signature for tutorials.

KwstasTrikala4 wrote:
KwstasTrikala4 wrote:Guys I have already install a patch but I can not create a player because ll the players that have been created at this patch are like created and not replaced. Any soloution?? can i delete some players with this tool

this is more suited for the RED MC, which will let you better identify and move players around, but you are only going to run into issues if all the slots are already taken up.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby wikisaiyan on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:17 am

I am having probelsm with my roster file. I have been adding players from the recent free agents moves. But every now in then as I add a player multiple duplicates come up. For ex: when I add J. Jack to Cavs I got like 6 copies of him. also It seemed to even remove some players from the team! So I got Leftos tool and now when I launch it , it closes down. It the error log it says something about LeftosCommonLibrary missing or something.

What am I doing wrong.
wikisaiyan

Postby daveberg on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:37 pm

Encountered PS3 freezes after changing jerseys with lefto's editor. The game normally packs up during the team select screen - is this a known issue, further more, is there a fix for this?

Also, can we edit short length for the PS3 with this?

Many thanks (Y)
daveberg

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:20 pm

the PS3 files aren't supported by the tool, so it is very likely something could mess up like that.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby pampitonGIL on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:03 am

Hey JaoSming, how can i find the rookies CF in this tool? Coz i want to assign Ryan Kelly's. Thanks.
pampitonGIL

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:27 pm

its not easy since you have you manually assign names with the names.txt

either use the free version of RED MC, or figure out a specific rating, height, or something to try and identify the player.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby vnardella5 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:46 pm

hey jao, when i change the name in in the CFNames.txt, they dont get changed in the editor....im doing it with the ps3 aswell, but idk if it has anything to do with it..and yes, their is a way to edit rosters on the ps3 with this
vnardella5

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:50 pm

goto the options and make sure the tool is using the CFnames.txt and not a different file.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby vnardella5 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:57 pm

yep i did..and it is..i gotta see..maybe ill download the updated one as i am still using the old one
vnardella5

Postby wanleisa on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:38 pm

I am having trouble working with the roster editor. Below are the steps I made, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?!

1. Save Roster file from XBOX onto USB
2. Insert USB on computer/ open up Horizon, extract the file and place it on desktop - then DELETED the file from USB
3. Open up the file with Roster Editor
4. Roster shows up, but when changed from PC to 360, all the file names DISAPPEAR.
- To resolve that I reset the roster, saved it, then clicked Find offsets - the names have appeared
5. From there i continued to make the changes i wanted to on the roster & clicked save.
6. Error appears - telling me that ID's past 1364 cannot be saved - therefore i went to options and changed the last ID # to 1364 - Saved worked.
7. Took the file and placed it in Horizon planning to Rehash & Resign & Save, but file error - STFD appears .... cannot save.
- To resolve that I realized that if I originally didn't extract the file from the USB and made changes directly it CAN be opened on the XBOX but NO CHANGES have been made.

After many times of trial and error I don't know what else I can do. All i really want to do is to make slight changes to the roster, save it and be able to play it on the xbox.

I have tried everything to fix it and even changed from horizon to modio and used different rosters... I'm usually not the type to work with these tools but I'm trying to help my boyfriend with his roster :S If anyone can help me and point out what steps I did wrong I would appreciate it so much!
wanleisa

Postby JaoSming on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:52 pm

it looks like everything is being done right. You might need to pay up for the RED MC though since this tool isn't getting updates
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby lolersaurus on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:41 pm

This tool was working perfectly for me until a week or two ago, now whenever I try to open it up I just get a blackscreen on the tool, and it was working perfectly before! ive already tried redownloading it but I cant find a solution. any help would be great
lolersaurus

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding