Fict.DraftClasses : New tutorial !

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : Working on #6

Postby z_dize on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:12 pm

Try imageshack, i know i used that sometime before (nba live days) for image uploading. If you have a ton of of faces and you're going for 1,000, i don't know maybe just list the headshape you use as base and the skin tone use as base on your uploads? i mean, just create a doc listing headshape and skintexture of the player. Like
pngxxxx - headshape - cf skin something like that. I think that'd give us an idea without you having to do all screen shots and uploading them (which is more tedious).

example:

png9001 - b.griffin - k.thompson
z_dize

Postby jenksalot on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:04 am

Pierralban,

Is there a chance the CF # for Jermaine Lee was different in your earlier versions? I tried replacing the newer one with the one you gave me but no change. Can anyone tell me how to look up what CF is assigned to the draft class players? Thanks in advance.
jenksalot

Postby z_dize on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:38 am

@jenksalot

Go back to the first page and view the tutorial on the custom cyberface by pierrealban.

In summary, google and download Turbo Trainer for NBA 2k.
Start your game, go to your game ( I'm assuming your in assoc right now) and edit Jermaine Lee, literally hit the "edit this player" whatever.
Then open Turbo Trainer, hit on the Player Tab, the Vitals tab.
You'll see CF ID info there, that should be your Jermaine Lee's assigned CF. That's his png9999.iff number. If it's 7889 that means he's png7889.png in your 2K folder. So grab the non-braided version pierrealban gave you, change the png number to match that of the one you just recently discovered (via Turbo Trainer) and drop it to your 2k Folder (program files folder). Overwrite.

That should do it.
z_dize

Postby jenksalot on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:34 am

@z_dice

Awesome, thank you. I don't know what I did, but now the game has him as Lee Jermaine. It still lists him as Jermaine Lee under the 'edit player' part, but everywhere else it's Lee Jermaine. Any ideas?
jenksalot

Postby jjgildner27 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:02 am

you probley unchecked is USA name in turbo if thats what you used it reverses the name
jjgildner27

Postby pierralban on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:28 am

FROM REAL PLAYERS

TO FICTIONAL PLAYERS

NEW STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL TOMORROW
pierralban

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : New tutorial preview, coming tomorro

Postby z_dize on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:23 am

@jenksalot, jjgildner27 was right. But you only had to view the png number though, you shouldn't have clicked on save button on the Turbo Trainer.

Anyways, pick up the steps until you're in edit player menu in-game. Open the Turbo Trainer, check the box "US Name" and hit save. Then in-game, (you're supposed to be on edit player right now) save your changes as well. See if that fixes things up.

@pierralban, awesome previews. I wonder if we can do custom coaches? They don't even have to be fictional faces, some recently or formerly retired players could be put in there. I just don't know how and where.
z_dize

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : New tutorial preview, coming tomorro

Postby pierralban on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:03 pm

So here is a new tutorial on how i make cyberfaces.

To begin I choose the 6 players whose headshapes and textures I'm going to use :

So we have K.Azubuike, J.Petro, D.Wade, C.Hayes, C.Martin and R.Alston.
Open modify player, then go to the turbo training editor to find the cf ID of the player. Do that for each players.

Go to your 2k13 folder and find png(number of the ID of the player you want).iff and copy and paste it somewhere. Do it for each players.

Open your copies of your six players .iff with "3DM NBA2K Mod".
Save the face texture, the arms texture, the green texture and the small white texture for each players somewhere.

Here are our six textures.

Open them with photoshop and start modifying.
What i do is take the eyes of one player and put it on the texture that is on it's right. And i do that for each player, like this :

Then I do the same thing with the noses, but instead of putting it directly to the texture at the right of the original one, i put it on the one after like this :

Same thing for the mouth and jaw, except one more to the right :

After you did that you need to start applying the textures. To do that you can use a combination of :
-Image>Adjustment>Brightness/Contrast
-Image>Adjustment>Hue/Saturation
-Image>Adjustment>Match Color
-And all the tools you feel necessary to apply the texture correctly.

Here is my result :

Don't forget to modify the alpha by copying your texture, going to Channels, then clicking on alpha and applying the texture. It will be black and white. Then go to Image>Adjustment>Levels and change it so the skin is white and the hair are black.

- Save your texture in DDS format (DXT5).
- If you modified the arms as well, it's DDS format (DXT1 no alpha). You can apply tattoos on the arms, it's a lot better than having the tattoos of already existing players.

-Return to 3DM NBA2K Mod and extract your modified textures and the player you want the headshape of. And save.
I did extract my textures on png1921.

- Rename the png####.iff of your player to an unused one like png4550. Then drop it on your 2k13 folder.

-Go back to the game and modify a player of your draft class.
Open the turbo trainer again and modify the values of CF ID, Player ID and Portrait ID with the number you assigned to your .iff
Don't forget to tick 'Use CF" and save.

-Go back to the game and save the player you were modifying.
Open "Modify this player" again and he should have a CF.

Here is my final result.

If anyone has questions i'd be happy to answer. :D

Here is the guy i modified using Wade headshape. He as custom tattoos.
pierralban

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : New tutorial !

Postby dancooper on Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:16 am

hey pierralban, I've made some cyberfaces and some custom head shapes you can use it on your draft class, hope it helps:
http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=5118 /http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=5114

also, how do you make custom tattoos? do you take photos from the internet and change them on photoshop?
Hip Hop all day, everyday.
dancooper

Postby atrak5[LTU] on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:33 am

Hey, how to open those .FDC files? I want to copy player to rosters .ROS
atrak5[LTU]

Postby ayarauuf on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:21 am

Thanks bro for providing us alternate link to your fictional draft classes. keep it up man!!! (Y) :bowdown2:
ayarauuf

Postby joneboy2000 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:48 pm

Just came to thank you for you're draft classes, i had a blast rebuilding the Heat around Tarence Hollins after Lebron & Bosh left for free agency.

I created a dynasty with Hollins and Deshawn Overton, other players who we're part of my core:

Al Galloway (i developed him into a Gary Payton 2.0, led the league in assists for 9 times while playing godlike defense)
Andray Fraser (he was my starting 4 for quite awhile, just a great glue guy and a hustle player)
Allen Williams (he was my 6th man and a great scorer off the bench)
Danny Brooks (my starting 2-guard, his shooting was inconsistent but he formed the best defensive backcourt in the league with Galloway)

Anyways hope you continue to make these classes for future titles :cheeky:
joneboy2000

Postby specthenbaguy on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:19 am

I fixed the mycareer Jeramine Lee problem. It turns out i was using the wrong section on leftos roster editor. Instead of putting it in the cfid section i put it in the "ASAID" Thanks for the cyberface anyways!
specthenbaguy

Postby specthenbaguy on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:41 am

For year five can i have a list of which cf belong to who?
specthenbaguy

Postby arkaeyn on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:52 am

I'm really enjoying using the Year One draft class and looking forward to Year Two when my season finishes. However, I'm having an issue where certain players get really distorted faces when they sit on the bench, but only after they've played in the game--that is, they're fine when they're in warmups, but when they're in their uniforms on the bench, they get all messed up.

Here's Mel Goodson looking like Scarecrow from Batman, in the middle of the Phoenix bench: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/61389 ... DA2F68869/

This is only happening with pierralban's faces, and it's happening with a lot of the players, though I don't think all.
arkaeyn

Postby jeaceb on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:24 am

Why is there no Scouting reports for these draft classes
jeaceb

Postby jeaceb on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:22 pm

Also what other fictional draft classes are good for the PC since these are amazing
jeaceb

Postby joneboy2000 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:28 pm

jeaceb wrote:Also what other fictional draft classes are good for the PC since these are amazing

I liked Kiearan's classes after few potential and tendency tweaks
http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=89596

Also Dare's was really solid
http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=89422&p=1630777&hilit=dare%27s+draft+class#p1630777
joneboy2000

Postby jeaceb on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:28 am

Cool that sounds great
jeaceb

Postby jeaceb on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:31 am

Does anyone know if you could do cyber faces on Mac and know of a tutorial
jeaceb

Postby specthenbaguy on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:47 am

Can anybody give me the CF number to "Tommy Padillo" I love his CF and I am hoping to use him for my PG/SG in MyCareer.

And pierralban, i love your Draft Classes and use them, keep up the great work and hopefully you'll come back next year!
specthenbaguy

Postby jeaceb on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:53 am

Are you still making More of these Draft Classes also is there anyone that knows how to get the roster editor to work with a mac and the software needed for cyberfaces or would be willing to help me make my own fictional draft classes i did plenty of them on my Ps3 but i would like to do some on PC and share them with you guys
jeaceb

Postby Bobis on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:52 am

This is really wierd. I believe I'm currently in year 3 on my Heat assosiation. And it seems like every player from the 1st draft class now has either the Air Jordan or Classic layup package depending on their position. :crazyeyes:

Can I turn it off somehow?
Bobis

Postby DeusExMortem on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:16 am

i have a question do you need to merge the green texture, arm texture, 2 white textures????
DeusExMortem

Postby Kobe on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 am

You'v created Chris Ingram twice on Year Five!
as a point guard and as a shooting guard
Kobe

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding