***NEW UPDATE***: Ult. ModPack UBRV63+(44+ Complete Seasons-1970-Pres) 11/1/14

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ult. ModPack UBRV44+(33+ Complete Seasons-1980-Pres)-3/1

Postby Ballaboi on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:49 am

Man, looks like alot of work has been put in over the last couple of days, amazing.

@rich great work on the cf's man :applaud: . Can you do a young, curly-fro Larry Bird?

If anyone is doing 2k13 conversions, juan has a number of cf's that for 2k13 that are needed for the UBR. Off the top of my head, the improved cf's he made are:
Danny Manning (10 times better than the current UBR one)
Terrell Brandon (Just about perfect)
Latrell Sprewell (Warriors ver. and T'Wolves ver.)
Larry Jonhson (Knicks ver., dead on)
Samaki Walker (actually looks like him)
David Wesley (much improved from UBR ver.)
Shareef Abdur-Rahim (much improved)
Alvin Robertson (bald ver., perfect)
Vin Baker (almost perfect)
There are others I''m sure, those are the one's I remember. Most of the cf's that he's done for Retro's 97-98 season are improvements on the ones in the UBR.

Also, Hawk could u please add the young Chris Webber from Ray's 94-95 seasons, throughout the UBR (93/94 Warriors & 96/97 Bullets) and season mods (93/94-98/99). I've already personally added it to my UBR, but it's much,much better than the one in there (That doesn't even look like C-Webb, in my opinion), and I think most people would appreciate it. If you could, also add the generic 2k12 CF for Kings Webber with mini-fro. I think the seasons include this, but the UBR has the bad, young Webber cf but with hair.
There's also a better cyberface of Derrick Coleman and Allan Houston in the Fiba 2k12 mod.

I also wanted to state that 1980 afro Kareem should have goggles, he started wearing the goggles in the mid-70's. His afro should be a little smaller too, but I'm not complaining. Also, I don't know if anyone else noticed but most of the year specific Kareem cyberfaces for the 80's are available here: viewtopic.php?f=143&t=90363
Revolver released 2 and Mojio posted 4. I downloaded all of them and compared them, and with some minor adjustments to them we could have pretty accurate cyberfaces for Kareem for every year from 1980-89. The tweaks I came up with for them to have every year is this:
1980 Kareem: Afro Kareem, in game. Like I said needs goggles.
1981 Kareem: Revolver's early 80's Kareem- hair should be a little bigger, more of a King's C-Webb length than a fade.
1982 Kareem: Mojio's early 80's Kareem- there should be a bald patch starting in the back, same size as Revolver's early 80's Kareem, this one has no balding starting.
1983 Kareem: Current UBR mid 80's Kareem- hairline needs fixed (more receeded), the patch in the back of the head needs fixed. I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed that.
1984 Kareem: Revolver's 1984 Kareem- only thing needed for this is the sides are receeded too far. If you know about balding, the top usually goes before the sides, and his sides stop beyond the ears. It needs to be brought up.
1985 Kareem: Mojio's mid-80's Kareem- hairline in very front needs to be pushed back a tiny bit, that's all.
1986 Kareem: For this year Kareem needs like the widow's peak buzz in CAP look. But the big balding patch in the back of Mojio's mid-80's cf needs to be added. You could use Mojio's Kareem as a template.
1987 Kareem: For 1987, he needs the, what I call, the George Jefferson look lol. Bald on top to the bald patch in the back, sides still medium length
1988 Kareem: Kind of the same as 87, except sides should be short buzz length instead of medium length. Could use Mojio's late-80's Kareem as template. He has it as all buzzed, but by this time the hair on the top of his head was pretty much all the way gone.
1989 Kareem: All Bald. Already in game
Examples:
1986: http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news- ... o/83028399 ... o/83028399 ... o/83028399
1987: http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/abduljabbar/index.htm
1988: http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... fp-t-900-s ... fp-t-900-s

I wish I could do cyberfaces I would do it myself, but with all the great modders here I'm sure someone will get it done. Cough Rich, Bird, Suirad :D .

One last thing, can we get some more cyberfaces for the earlier teams in the UBR? I was playing NBA's Greatest mode, 71 Bucks vs 71 Lakers, and I noticed most of the added players had no cyberface. Like Happy Hairston, Pat Riley, McCoy McLemore. I can understand not wasting time making cyberfaces for benchwarmers, but players that log significant minutes should have cf's or at least well done generic CAP faces. I was playing 2k12 on the playstation before I got my pc, and the generic face they made for Pat Riley, was better on there than the one in the UBR. Which is absolutely dumbfounding to me since you can obviously do 100 times more with players looks on the pc. Really only the main players have cf's for the UBR, so hopefully we can fill out some of those rosters with at least half ass done cyberfaces, that would be better than a generic face at least. Same goes for the ABA mod, which was a great inclusion from ChrisBroadbeck, but most of the teams only have 3 or 4 players with cyberfaces. And honestly I really haven't played the ABA mod that much (even though it was one of the most anticipated mods for me) because alot of the time you have a court full of generic player faces runnin around. That just doesn't do it for me.
Last edited by Ballaboi on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ballaboi

Postby Bird_33 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:19 am

I've worked on Kareem throughout his career, I'll post some previews soon
The Unaccredited Great One
Bird_33

Postby Ballaboi on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:27 am

Bird_33 wrote:I've worked on Kareem throughout his career, I'll post some previews soon

That's what s up Bird! Can't wait to see what you got :D
Ballaboi

Postby Ballaboi on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:37 am

Hey Hawk, you never did let me know if you wanted me to send you my ROS file with all star mod corrections, every team has the correct numbers for players and rotations. I am using C-Webb's cf from Ray's 95 mod and James Harden's from the Fiba mod. I also have all the currently available Kareem cyberaces throughout the 80's teams. So you would either have to include those faces or change there cf id.
Ballaboi

Postby Bird_33 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:27 am

Heres a starter...I gotta get Suirad to edit the Alpha file, this is around 85-86 Kareem maybe, I'll have to research getty images before I can perfect them all. Those goggles need fixing though...needs his round goggles

Bird_33

Postby RayHoops1 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:31 am

Bird :applaud:
RayHoops1

Postby Brent72 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:52 am

Excellent work on Kareem. (Y)
Brent72

Postby carmelo on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:06 am

In the new 1999 mod some files missing like R. Miller face. So, I am looking forward to the V45.
carmelo

Postby retromanas on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:23 am

NIB wrote:Hey guys, i know sometimes it's little (VERY) annoying on having someone asking for the little changes on the Mod, i understand you and all the kidding thing, but it's just one of the most important and boring tasks to do, this check list of every little thing around, believe me.

Good spirit Broken... :D

And ofc, my sorries if i came up with some assignment already made above. (Y)
Btw, version 45 will Rocks! :crazyeyes:

i understand, but this small things with conferences, i request before and i don't saw that a big problem, just i help with what i can and sometimes request for some things there needs improve and that's all, i think lots of us like those kind a small, but still good things fixed as it should be, i really happy about this, definitely big thanks to HAWK (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)

Bird_33 wrote:I was just kiddin man, seemed an easy joke to make :) Im a perfectionist too so the more perfect the better (Y)

no problem, i understand :) yes i perfectionist like you (Y) i glad, that i can somehow to help to HAWK, with those lists, info and etc. (Y)
retromanas

Postby NIB on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:38 am

Bird, these Magic and Jabbar above are incredible!

They look real! Great job! Again??? Heheheheheh :applaud:
ATECUBANOS...
Yesterday... Carried the Piano - Today, Right Now... Playing the Piano - Tomorrow... Will Listen the Piano.

Working Here, Working There... Working Everywhere!

"Michael, you're not doing today! You ain't go doing today!!" - Dennis Rodman
NIB

Postby Bird_33 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:27 am

Bare in mind guys I gotta send these Suirad to edit the alpha files to get rid of the sweat on the old hairline file...

Kareem 1980-81..

Kareem 1982....Think he started the season with a beard but shaved it to a moustache during this season

Bird_33

Postby Brent72 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:41 am

It's going to be awesome to have year specific Kareem CFs throughout the years. Thanks for doing this. :cool:
Brent72

Postby NIB on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:49 am

I AM LEAVING........... :facepalm2: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :giveup: :shocked: :wave:
ATECUBANOS...
Yesterday... Carried the Piano - Today, Right Now... Playing the Piano - Tomorrow... Will Listen the Piano.

NIB

Postby suirad on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:51 am

@Bird SENT
suirad

Postby ryan4889 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:54 am

SO great to have internet back...just read up on the last 10 or so pages and amazed at how much has been done is such a short time...this mod will never die...outstanding work by everyone especially those who have provided updated and new cfs and courts...those new cfs are really amazing and I am really looking forward to year-specific Kareems throughout his career...BIG thanks again to the Hawkman for keeping this going and continuing to better this already amazing mod!!! :applaud: :bowdown:
Long live the UBR!
ryan4889

Postby shawnkemp on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:00 am

amazing kareem (Y)
shawnkemp

Postby RICH72601 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:16 am

That is a nice Kareem. Bird, if you want, I also have a Kareem with the other goggles to which you can just put your texture files on.
RICH72601

Postby Ballaboi on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:08 am

Bird_33 wrote:Heres a starter...I gotta get Suirad to edit the Alpha file, this is around 85-86 Kareem maybe, I'll have to research getty images before I can perfect them all. Those goggles need fixing though...needs his round goggles

Absolutely awesome Bird :bowdown2:
Ballaboi

Postby NIB on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Guys, i notice a problem...

As i am doing Fort Wayne Pistons squads (1943-45 & 1955-56) for the Expansion Mod, i notice when i load the UBR version 44 and try to play with the '54-'55 Fort Wayne Pistons team (FTW inside the UBR), the game crashes to the desktop, some thing is happen to the team.

I didn't check all the old teams, and i know that they are very old and maybe not so important, but if someone got the same problem, we got report for the fixing.

I hope someone got a clue about it! (Y)
ATECUBANOS...

NIB

Postby NIB on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:35 pm

NIB wrote:Guys, i notice a problem...

As i am doing Fort Wayne Pistons squads (1943-45 & 1955-56) for the Expansion Mod, i notice when i load the UBR version 44 and try to play with the '54-'55 Fort Wayne Pistons team (FTW inside the UBR), the game crashes to the desktop, some thing is happen to the team.

I didn't check all the old teams, and i know that they are very old and maybe not so important, but if someone got the same problem, we got report for the fixing.

I hope someone got a clue about it! (Y)

Ok, i think i know the issue... The "Allen County War Memorial ('52-'57)" Fort Wayne's court, got some problem, cause i played normally with the 55 ftw against Dallas (in dallas) and against the HEAT (in other stadium), i think Francis did that court, so we gotta report the problem to him.

If someone experiences the same, plz report...
Thx guys, :D
ATECUBANOS...

NIB

Postby Bird_33 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:11 pm

RICH72601 wrote:That is a nice Kareem. Bird, if you want, I also have a Kareem with the other goggles to which you can just put your texture files on.

Yeah Rich for sure, I wanna make sure its all on point so hit me up on pm if you can n send me it :D
Bird_33

Postby Ballaboi on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:20 am

Speakin of old teams, can someone make a young oscar robertson cf for the 61-62 Cincinnati Royals?

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... =yfp-t-900 ... =yfp-t-900

Ballaboi

Postby vic on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:18 am

Please fix issues with draft! It's not funny that we have few players in two draft classes, like Noel,Carter-Williams and some others
vic

Postby Ballaboi on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:32 am

Ballaboi wrote:Speakin of old teams, can someone make a young oscar robertson cf for the 61-62 Cincinnati Royals?

Scratch that request everyone. I was just playing with the 61-62 Cincinnati Royals, and other than Oscar and Bob Boozer (the two players that are already in the game) every player has a generic face. So I figured it's not imporant at all for Oscar to have a year specific cyberface when his whole team has no real faces at all!
Like I said in an earlier post, the pre 80's teams and ABA teams need some serious attention, as far as cyberfaces and some of the player ratings go. I know I'm not the only one on here that is a fanatic for accuracy, but I think I'm one of few people (NIB I know you're included in this :D ) who care about the really ol' school teams. The greatest thing to me about the UBR is the options you have. You can literally take teams since the NBA was formed and pit them against each other. But if 30 years or so (late 40's to late 70's) are not really done with the same kind of perfectionism as the latter 30 years (80's til present). Those teams are pretty much just taking up memory usage. I'm almost positive I'm not the only one who doesn't really like playing with a team full of generic faces that just have retired players names attached to them. If this were not the case, we wouldn't have the number of cyberfaces available that we do. Everyone would just make teams full of generic faces because it's easier and less time consuming. I even feel bad that I have ChrisBroadbeck making accurate jerseys for some of the 40's, 50's and 60's teams, when I probably won't being playing with them much, how they are currently constructed.
So if there are any more UBR enthusiast who are fanatics of the history of the game and the older teams, and are good with cyberfaces. Please, let's show those older teams some love and get at least half of them with cyberfaces! I love how year specific cyberfaces are starting to be created more, but it's silly, to me at least, that so many year specific players are being done and we have roughly 40 teams that have a small amount of the roster with cyberfaces. Now that probably sounds hypocritical because I have requested year specific players, and was about to request a young Clyde Drexler with fro, but after really going through the older teams in the UBR I would rather some attention be payed to really making those teams resemble themselves. I can deal with using Drexler's late 80's/early 90's look for the 1984 Trailblazers, more than I can using 2k faceman for a Paul Arizin, Happy Hairston, Jack Twyman or someone like that. I hope someone feels me, and I'm not alone on an island as far this matter goes.
Ballaboi

Postby Bird_33 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:22 am

Ballaboi wrote:
Ballaboi wrote:Speakin of old teams, can someone make a young oscar robertson cf for the 61-62 Cincinnati Royals?

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... =yfp-t-900 ... =yfp-t-900 ... =yfp-t-900

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... =yfp-t-900 ... =yfp-t-900 ... =yfp-t-900

Scratch that request everyone. I was just playing with the 61-62 Cincinnati Royals, and other than Oscar and Bob Boozer (the two players that are already in the game) every player has a generic face. So I figured it's not imporant at all for Oscar to have a year specific cyberface when his whole team has no real faces at all!
Like I said in an earlier post, the pre 80's teams and ABA teams need some serious attention, as far as cyberfaces and some of the player ratings go. I know I'm not the only one on here that is a fanatic for accuracy, but I think I'm one of few people (NIB I know you're included in this :D ) who care about the really ol' school teams. The greatest thing to me about the UBR is the options you have. You can literally take teams since the NBA was formed and pit them against each other. But if 30 years or so (late 40's to late 70's) are not really done with the same kind of perfectionism as the latter 30 years (80's til present). Those teams are pretty much just taking up memory usage. I'm almost positive I'm not the only one who doesn't really like playing with a team full of generic faces that just have retired players names attached to them. If this were not the case, we wouldn't have the number of cyberfaces available that we do. Everyone would just make teams full of generic faces because it's easier and less time consuming. I even feel bad that I have ChrisBroadbeck making accurate jerseys for some of the 40's, 50's and 60's teams, when I probably won't being playing with them much, how they are currently constructed.
So if there are any more UBR enthusiast who are fanatics of the history of the game and the older teams, and are good with cyberfaces. Please, let's show those older teams some love and get at least half of them with cyberfaces! I love how year specific cyberfaces are starting to be created more, but it's silly, to me at least, that so many year specific players are being done and we have roughly 40 teams that have a small amount of the roster with cyberfaces. Now that probably sounds hypocritical because I have requested year specific players, and was about to request a young Clyde Drexler with fro, but after really going through the older teams in the UBR I would rather some attention be payed to really making those teams resemble themselves. I can deal with using Drexler's late 80's/early 90's look for the 1984 Trailblazers, more than I can using 2k faceman for a Paul Arizin, Happy Hairston, Jack Twyman or someone like that. I hope someone feels me, and I'm not alone on an island as far this matter goes.

Learn to patch then (Y)
Bird_33

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding