30 Team Association Mod 1.0 (Realistic FA, GM Firing)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

30 Team Association Mod 1.0 (Realistic FA, GM Firing)

Postby Illini Boy on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:45 am

30 Team Association Mod 1.0 (Realistic FA, GM Firing, Salary Cap Management, Draft Rights)

Over the past year, I have been working on an excel sheet that you would use with a thirty team association to help create a more realistic association.

This is not a "mod" in the sense that you overwrite something and you see the difference in-game. It is for people who take associations slowly and hate seeing King James go to the Bobcats.

The mod is completely done for myself, unfortunately, it is not the most user friendly thing ever. I will be presenting tutorials for each sheet in the coming weeks.

If you are somewhat experienced with excel then you will be able to use this right away.

Currently, this excel sheet contains several sheets that either help you organize your association, or help with certain aspects of the offseason.

Draft Protection and Rights - A sheet that has all future first round picks, who used to own them, and what they are protected for the correct amount of years.

Salary Cap Management - This is for those people who enjoy playing realistically with a tax line and tax "apron". Small market teams will not go over the tax (Milwaukee, Toronto) and this sheet helps show what teams have the available money to make certain moves. This sheet is completely automated and could be used with any soft cap number, or any tax line number. It has all the real exceptions and uses them accordingly.

Free Agent Bidding - This is truly my favorite sheet that I have made. You enter that players name, overall, position, FA type, in-game ratings for "Play for Winner" and "Financial Security" (5 being Extremely Important and 1 being Not Important), and what teams are offering him for what amount, and the excel sheet will show you who he would sign with. The excel sheet takes into account market size, monetary value, star power on team, and historical prestige of the franchise.

Free Agent Offers - This sheet shows what team has offered what player.

General Manger Firings - This is still a work in progress, it is very rough around the edges, but I figured I could release it and then test and fix bugs. It takes several factors into considerations when deciding if a GM should be fired.

NBA Rankings - This is a completely separate excel sheet, BUT IT MUST BE PUT NEXT TO THE NBAUniverse EXCEL SHEET. The NBAUniverse sheet will not work unless the NBA Rankings excel sheet is next to it. This is the sheet where you enter All-Star teams, playoff runs, All-Rookie teams, etc etc.

I realize that this mod will have a very small following, but if someone finds enjoyment in my work I will be satisfied. I originally planned on turning this into an actually application, but life has really kicked me in the pants and I have decided to keep it in excel sheet. I am working on coach firings, draft AI, and trade AI. I plan on trying to create my own NBA text sim in the future years, and I am in the initial process of finding algorithms. Once again, I will be posting tutorials on each sheet if there is interest in them. This is only for NBA 2k players who enjoy controlling some aspect of all the teams. I let the computer control the rotations, but I control all the aspects of the offseason. If you have any questions, feel free to ask or PM me!

30 Team Association Mod 1.0

Thanks,
Illini
Last edited by Illini Boy on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Illini Boy

Re: 30 Team Association Mod 1.0 (Realistic FA, GM Firing)

Postby johnbuckeyefan on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:06 pm

this is pretty sweet, thanks for all the hard work. I wonder if it would be possible to write a program that will accurately control the teams based on your spreadsheet, but it might be impossible to code into the game. Maybe some of the experienced programmers/hex editors can figure this out! Either way, this is great for those of us who are perfectionists when it comes to realism in Association mode! I will definitely follow this project, Great Job! :bowdown:

EDIT: I saw that you posted this in Jao/Leftos' new program mod, really hope they can implement it into the program they're making!
johnbuckeyefan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby thelegend23 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:48 pm

great job on this man! (Y) hope you continue this i like playing realistic association :D
thelegend23

Postby rysiox on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:54 am

impressive :shock: :shock: will definitely give this one a try
rysiox

Postby Kukurikapu on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:59 am

Sweet. I just started a 30-team association. I will take a look at this one. Thanks! :bowdown: :bowdown2:
Kukurikapu

Postby Illini Boy on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:26 am

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really did not know how many people would use this, but I'm glad there are people out there who play with thirty-team control. I would love any thoughts or comments on things I could work on or improve. I will start to make tutorials for each sheet for those people who are not used to excel in the coming days.
Illini Boy

Postby $Lil Miq$ on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:26 am

how to install this?
$Lil Miq$

Postby Illini Boy on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:30 am

Download both files, open the files at the same time, and that is all it is. It doesn't overwrite files, or change things in-game. It is an excel sheet that helps 30-team association owners to create a realistic free agency using factors that change.
Illini Boy

Postby LROBA on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:29 am

dl, then open file, then run 2k13? is that all?
LROBA

Postby Mark. on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:21 am

So say I don't control all 30 teams. Can I still use this then use the Roster Editor to make the changes as I see fit?

Seems like a very useful tool. I will deffo be giving it a go. Thanks for your work (Y)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Illini Boy on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:34 pm

Mark. wrote:So say I don't control all 30 teams. Can I still use this then use the Roster Editor to make the changes as I see fit?

Seems like a very useful tool. I will deffo be giving it a go. Thanks for your work (Y)

Absolutely! You could technically let the computer to do everything, but say free agency. You would then input bids for certain teams and players and see which team the player would sign with, then assign that player on that team that won.

LROBA, you do not have to have 2K running for it to work, however, I typically have it running so I can switch back in fourth. The excel sheets do not actually use the game itself in anyway. Just download both files, open both files, and the excel sheet will work properly. I will have tutorials out in a couple of days for certain sheets to help people use them.
Illini Boy

Postby LROBA on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:08 pm

Illini Boy wrote: LROBA, you do not have to have 2K running for it to work, however, I typically have it running so I can switch back in fourth. The excel sheets do not actually use the game itself in anyway. Just download both files, open both files, and the excel sheet will work properly. I will have tutorials out in a couple of days for certain sheets to help people use them.

i guess ill wait for your tutorial.btw thanks for this.
LROBA

Postby blizzcoe on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:29 am

i am also confused on how this excel sheet will work on association mode, i think I would better wait for your tutorial then. (Y)
blizzcoe

Postby njnets123 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:50 am

Both links don't work. Whenever I try to open both files, computer says that they are corrupted. :(
njnets123

Postby Illini Boy on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:06 am

I have updated this now, Mediafire wasn't allowing it to be downloaded because of macros in excel. I put them in a zip file so this should eliminate that problem. I will be uploading tutorials in the coming days of how to use each page. Thanks for being patient!
Illini Boy

Postby njnets123 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:16 am

Illini Boy wrote:I have updated this now, Mediafire wasn't allowing it to be downloaded because of macros in excel. I put them in a zip file so this should eliminate that problem. I will be uploading tutorials in the coming days of how to use each page. Thanks for being patient!

Works great, Thanks!
njnets123

Postby A$AP-Pookie on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:51 am

wtf how should i use that. I don't have excel...
http://www.forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=90858
Comment me and you'll be commented too.
A$AP-Pookie

Postby Durant35 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:25 am

This is certainly a big help. I'm a Sam Presti and Thunder Fan, so I always try to imitate him. Thanks for your hard work! (Y)
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby Illini Boy on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:50 am

A$AP-Pookie wrote:wtf how should i use that. I don't have excel...

If you do not have excel, then this mod will not work for you. If I get more time, I will try to put this on Google Docs for those non-excel users. I recommend following this thread as it is using the same concept, but on a bigger scale and its an actual application.

Durant35 wrote:This is certainly a big help. I'm a Sam Presti and Thunder Fan, so I always try to imitate him. Thanks for your hard work! (Y)

You are quite welcome! I enjoy using the small-market teams as well, and get so frustrated seeing teams like the Bucks spend twenty million over the tax line!
Illini Boy

Postby LROBA on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:03 pm

hey bro wer is the tutorial?
LROBA

Postby blizzcoe on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:08 am

can the thread starter kindly post the tutorial or just another kind fellow if that's so...please! :bowdown: :bowdown2:
blizzcoe

Postby njnets123 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:05 am

Yes tut please!!!! :D
njnets123

Postby Illini Boy on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:14 am

The first tutorial will help with the NBARanking excel sheet. If this sheet doesn't work, then none of it works.

This sheet is not that hard to understand. It is just putting the correct teams (mainly the correct spelling) in the right spots.

1) Open both the NBARankings and the NBAUniverse excel files (you should do this step every time)

2) The first tab we will be working on is the Championship History tab. This tab is pretty self explanatory.

You simply add a "1" in the spot where a team won a championship. If the Los Angeles Lakers won a title in 2015, you would put a "1" in the 2015 column with the row "Los Angeles Lakers".

3) The second tab we will be working on is the All-NBA Team tab. This tab is not very difficult either, you just have to make sure you spell everything right.

Go to your history page in your NBA association, find the All-NBA team, and each new year, replace the current team with the new players team. So next year, if Kobe, Nash, and Howard were all first-team All-NBA players, you would simply get rid of the "Oklahoma City Thunder" in the first column and replace it with "Los Angeles Lakers" because that would give you three Los Angeles Lakers players on the first team.

4) The third tab we will be working on is the Playoff Tab. This tab is slightly more difficult because I do not have the seeding set up, but I feel like it is not that bad.

First, each new year you will put down the first round teams, and then the teams that advance, and so on and so forth. Where you put them in regards to seeding, doesn't matter a whole bunch.

5) The Rising Stars Challenge, All-Rookie Team, and the Yearly All-Stars use the same set-up as the third step. Just replace the current teams with teams that happen each year in your association. Spelling, once again, has to be correct for it too work.

Everything else about this sheet is completely automated. These are the only things you have to worry about with this sheet. These rankings are what give the Free Agency a realistic experience. If you have any questions about this sheet, feel free to ask. I will be posting a similar tutorial for the NBAUniverse file.
Illini Boy

Postby njnets123 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:57 am

Thank you very much

Does this also work with MC?
njnets123

Postby Illini Boy on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:21 pm

njnets123 wrote:Thank you very much

Does this also work with MC?

No, it does not.
Illini Boy

Next

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding