Andrew's Updates | Bulls-Wizards Jersey

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Re: Andrew's Updates | New 2012 Season Rosters (June 12th)

Postby Dc311 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:43 pm

You obviously did not read his post when you already had asked.

Andrew wrote:My intention is to continue the roster updates, though I can't set a date in stone at this time. I will try to keep everyone informed of the status of future updates as best I can.
Dc311
"F@*K YOU WHALE!!!F@*K YOU DOLPHIN!!!"
Contributor

Postby Source on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:46 am

Dc311 wrote:You obviously did not read his post when you already had asked.

Andrew wrote:My intention is to continue the roster updates, though I can't set a date in stone at this time. I will try to keep everyone informed of the status of future updates as best I can.

He may have forgot, and I'm just wondering whether or not he's actually planning on doing one for the beginning of the season or waiting til the end.
Source

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:38 pm

Yeah, I haven't forgotten. It's a little hard to forget when people continue to hound me about the updates when I've repeatedly asked not to be pestered about them.

I have explained the situation very clearly, multiple times. I am also very serious when I say that if I continue to be pestered about the updates, I will be pulling the plug on them, because after all these years I'm getting just a tad fed up with it. No more, please.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates | Roster News

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:56 pm

Just to reiterate, I do intend to release new rosters for the season that's just tipped off. I'm currently aiming to have them out by the end of November, but am calling upon the community to please help out with art updates. To that end, I'll try to get an updated list of required art compiled and posted soon. More info can be found in this bulletin:
http://www.nba-live.com/update-on-curre ... e-2005-08/

Thanks again for your support and patience. Once again, I do appreciate that folks are anxious for the rosters but I do ask that you don't bug me about them as it just makes the whole process that much more of a chore. As I said in the bulletin, most folks have been pretty good about that so far, which I really do appreciate. "By the end of November" is about as specific as I can be for the moment, when I get a bit closer to the release I'll probably offer up a more specific date. Stay tuned!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Emor on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:43 am

Always grateful for your continuing support! Can't wait :)
Emor

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Here's a progress report which I've just posted on the main page:

I know a fair few people are still waiting on the 2012/2013 season roster updates for NBA Live 2005, NBA Live 06, NBA Live 07 and NBA Live 08, so I wanted to give you all a quick status update. I had hoped to get the rosters out by the end of November, however that unfortunately proved to be unfeasible as a myriad of other things ultimately got in the way. I am therefore officially pushing them back at least a couple of weeks, however I am still working on them and intend to release them as soon as I possibly can.

To give you an idea of the current status, there are still players to create and some ratings I’d like to update, however all players who were in the league last season are on their correct teams, years pro have been updated and everyone who wasn’t a free agent this past offseason has up to date contract information. I’ll continue to get everything up to date in that regard in between my other responsibilities, however I do need help with current art updates. You can find a list of currently required art updates here in the Forum; please note I also need some help in converting jerseys for use with NBA Live 2005 and NBA Live 06, so if you can lend a hand there, that would also be appreciated.

Thank you once again for your continued patience and understanding. I hate to have to delay the rosters further but I do have matters that are more important and therefore must take precedent. A few people have gotten a bit antsy and I do appreciate your enthusiasm for the updates, however I must ask again that I not be pestered about the release as if the rosters do become too much of a chore, I’m going to have stop doing them. I’ll try to keep you all posted on the status of the updates in the coming weeks, as I get closer to a release.

Once again, you can find that list of required art here:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=89526
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates | Bobcats Logos, NBA Bootup, Roster New

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:36 am

I'm continuing my work on the rosters, however here are two standalone releases that will also be included in the rosters once they're out: an updated NBA team logos bootup screen with the new Charlotte Bobcats and Brooklyn Nets logos, and updated in-game logos for the Charlotte Bobcats. I released the Brooklyn Nets logo update a few months back, please see the first post in the thread for the link.

NBA Team Logos Bootup Screen 2005

DOWNLOAD

Charlotte Bobcats 2012/2013 Logo Patch

DOWNLOAD

Stay tuned for further updates on the rosters, their eventual release and perhaps a couple of other releases in between. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby fanste on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:40 am

Hey Andrew, great job creating all the mods, can't wait for the 2013 one to be released, nice too see that some people still enjoy playing old games. I have a few questions, 1.In Live 05, the headbands of some players are very wide, almost like their head, can i fix that ? , and 2. i recently installed the 2011/12 mod, works perfectly, but every time i load an earlier saved dynasty and simulate one day, it exits the game and a database error pops up, why? Keep up the good work, hope the new mod comes up soon i'm out :D
fanste

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:35 am

1. Usually that's an issue with the headshape/headband file. I don't do any work in that area, so I can't really offer any advice on how to edit those files.

2. I believe that one's covered in the readme file (I'll have to check, if not I'll add a note about it) but that's a known issue with custom rosters in NBA Live 2005. If you re-load the rosters then re-load your Dynasty save, it should work properly without any database errors.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby fanste on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:04 pm

Well, thanks for the info, one more thing, is there any way i can assign crossover moves and alley-oops(slam dunk) in Live 05?
fanste

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:10 am

What do you mean by assign them?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby fanste on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:46 pm

Well, i can't perform them using a keyboard, only on a joystick, but i dont have one with the axis'.So i want to assing them to one of my buttons on a keyboard if possible.
fanste

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:03 pm

No idea, sorry. I've been using a dual analog gamepad since NBA Live 2003 came out.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby fanste on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:56 pm

I tried a little experiment of my own to do that, and i came up with a temporary solution.I opened(or is it opend, my english isn`t perfect) the configs folder in NBA Live 05 in My Documents, and the i found the KEYBOARD file, i opened that using notepad and then i typed in this
bind K_(any key you want) RYAXISCHANGE, and you can do that multiple times and assign crossovers to any button but that ain`t it, players just do the same thing every time, no matter which button i press :| Thanks again, how is the new 2013 mod going, is there still a lot of work to do??
fanste

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:41 pm

A release is not imminent, if that's what you mean. I realise you're keen for the rosters but I really must ask that you don't ask for progress reports; at this point I'm more than a little fed up with being hounded about them, I'm beyond being burned out on doing the rosters and have come very close to pulling the plug on them altogether. The enjoyment is pretty much gone for me, so I really don't know how much longer I'll be doing them beyond the update I'm hoping to get out as soon as I possibly can.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby fanste on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:02 am

Not trying to push it or nothing like that, i know that you don`t have to do this, we can just buy new computers and new games, i realy and deeply respect the work that you are putting in to this, just because there is still guys like you and your team in the world that are making these mods, games will never die. R-E-S-P-E-C-T i`m out :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
fanste

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:21 am

Appreciate it. If all goes well I'll be able to deliver the rosters soon. If I can post any progress reports before the release, I will.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby fanste on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:14 am

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS THE NLSC :bowdown2: :bowdown:
fanste

Postby fanste on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:18 am

What can you tell me about the constant crashing of Live 08? After 30 mins. or so, or if i am playing dynasty mode and i enter the assistant category the game crashes.The same thing happens for pirate versions and my original, can i fix that!?
fanste

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:02 am

We won't help you with pirated games - discussing them is strictly against the rules and grounds for an immediate ban - but there are various reasons for crashes with legitimate copies that are covered in a stickied troubleshooting thread in the NBA Live 08 section. My release thread for NBA Live 2005 is not the place to ask about stuff like that, please see the aforementioned stickied thread for more info on how to troubleshoot crashing issues.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:31 am

Here's the latest status update on the current rosters, a note about future releases and some previews of some bonus content, with special thanks to Dc311 and bayag:
Latest Update on 2012/2013 Rosters for NBA Live 2005-08
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Emor on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:31 am

Thanks for the update, can't wait :)
Emor

Postby fanste on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:46 am

Just wanted to thank you for all the work you have put in this and how much you have sacrificed to create these new mods, massive respect to you and to all the other guys that worked with you on this, i hope that you keep up the good work, and if you do decide not to create any more mods, respect to you again, you have already given everything you could. Thanks for everything man, :applaud: :applaud: :bowdown: :bowdown2:
fanste

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:29 am

Thanks, I very much appreciate kind words like that. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby fanste on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 am

A quick question, i really like that some players in Live 08 have their own shot animation, is there any way to insert that in Live 08 ?? P.S. I would play Live 08 if my damn computer had a good enough graphics card to support the game, i mean i see the players and everything, but i don`t see the court :|
fanste

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 2005