Pro Wrestling X: Early Access Available Now - $10

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Pro Wrestling X: Uprising Released!

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:11 pm

And finished! (for now)
https://bitbucket.org/leftos/pro-wrestl ... /downloads

As always, video tutorials all around - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... -C0M_RwPid

Thank you again Leftos (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown2:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Very nice. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Pro Wrestling X

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:21 am

Andrew wrote:Unfortunately it's going to take a lot more people digging deep to reach that goal...kind of a shame as it would only need 2500 people contributing $30 to reach the target of $75,000. I'd have thought there'd be at least that many people interested in the game.
Andrew wrote:Indeed. It's strange, it seems like it still has a very enthusiastic following

lol. It's not strange.
Convincing about 100 people in anything that cost relatively something is already hard enough much less for only 2500 people to pay $30 for the development of a was almost dead or delayed game.
On the other hand having about 100 people committed to something may already be considered as an enthusiastic following. Just check the patching sections of the NLSC as an example.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby JaoSming on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:51 am

shuddup :cry:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:05 am

I guess the custom wrestlers we get for our investment will need to be NLSC themed. :P
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:18 pm

If Los Toro looks like a plain boring luchador I would be disappointed.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby JaoSming on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:39 pm

It would be El Toro, but not a bad idea. I'm still mulling over making my Rock Band guy to have Jao Sming in the game, or that Jason masked Fisher guy from before....
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:35 pm

I made a mod :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBR6JiEU6zY
phpBB [video]

http://forums.prowrestlingx.com/thread-69.html (thread 69) :cheeky:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby formx on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:31 pm

Just asking here, have any tools been released to make custom characters?

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby deihatein on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Real Noice Yaocenasming! (Y)
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Fantastic. Sooner or later, I guess we'll need to whip up a subsite. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:07 am

formyhunny wrote:Just asking here, have any tools been released to make custom characters?

phpBB [video]

But nothing good good. We can edit movesets
phpBB [video]

and customize everything, but no tool or easy way to do it......yet? :cheeky:
(Leftos is going to have me try this on my own, then help after, so this could be interesting)

Andrew wrote:Fantastic. Sooner or later, I guess we'll need to whip up a subsite. ;)

Um, HELL YEAH? lol
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:33 am

Couldn't hurt. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:04 am

Hey! I made the newsletter :mrgreen:
http://www.prowrestlingx.com/blog/wrest ... etter-566/

It's so nice to get pats on the back for modding efforts....I really do wish I was around here when that would happen with Live back in the day...

Also they are hiring
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:22 am

Nice one. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:28 am

JaoSming wrote:It's so nice to get pats on the back for modding efforts....I really do wish I was around here when that would happen with Live back in the day...

Also they are hiring

You're more than 10 years too late.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:50 am

silly creative control
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:38 am

oh snap, shot's fired.

So in the last newsletters Dave has talked about letting go of his programmer, after 'someone' complaining about money, and then we find out that the game has no developers on board and is essentially on hold until it is figured out. So Uprising updates are planned, but nothing is being worked on right now.

Well, I log onto their forums this morning and in one of my threads I see the old lead programmer post....
"anything over the last few years it's that you don't rush into hiring anyone"

You didn't hire anyone Dave. You begged me to make this game for you after you couldn't get it done after 6 years. I WORKED FOR FREE FOR YOU FOR TWO YEARS. Then you ban me from speaking to anyone and now I wonder exactly what it is you are telling these people about me.

It's a shame that Dave has kept me as far away from the community as he possibly could because I am the only person who could create any update, bug fix or mod you require in as little as a few days each. Dave does not even have the source code.

I don't program for PWX any longer for one simple reason. Dave is completely unaccessible and has made this possible by telling me to talk to his lawyer "if I have ny questions."

I would have loved to make PWX the wrestling game that it can be. I have already designed the tools for the next game, corrected all of the animations and programmed the base for the next engine. For this game I have fixed known issues and added more modding capabilities that changes collision detection with the environment. However I have my legal warning from Dave, so all that is collecting dust.

This game could have gone on and on improving dramatically each time. Dave is the one who brought it to a dead halt, not me. I wish I could tell you everything about the development of PWX for the last two years, but I Dave calls that "defamation of character" so sorry. That's about all I can tell you and once again no one is more sorry about not proceeding with the development of Pro Wrestling X then I am.

Sorry again, but my hands are tied.

Well then.... :|
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:03 am

Okay, wow. Post makes Dave look like a huge dick.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:30 am

I seem to remember a comment about money, but I couldn't find it on his Twitter or anywhere...

Dave's comments from the forums

The first update date has still to be set. Had to replace a programmer a few weeks ago and hit a little speed bump. No worries! I'm on it!

Since I had to replace a programmer I'm a wee bit hooped in that area at the moment. Just for the moment

I desperately want to get updates rolling. Hiring a new programmer hit the pause button on that but I'm working on it. If I've learned anything over the last few years it's that you don't rush into hiring anyone...ever

Dave's stuff from past newsletters.

It has been an incredibly tense past few years. The entire programming of the game was done by just one awesome guy who had to spend an entire year experimenting with the art and animations before he could even begin putting the game together. All while being a full-time parent. What you are playing when you play Uprising is a technical miracle. I’m so proud of Dan.

And now, God forbid anything ever happened and we lost the entire game source code and art, I know Dan could rebuild it again to the point it is now in maybe 2-4 months. That’s a testament to just how much collective experience and knowledge has been gained.

I’ve compiled a lovely list of those bug reports as well as a shiny list of most requested updates and sent it along to our intrepid programmer, Dan. I hope to have solid update info for you before the next newsletter.

One of the obviously pleasant results of Uprising’s successful launch is that it’s given us some money to play with again. And how do we want to spend it? Making Uprising better and getting a new game started, of course!

So if you are a wrestling fan (pretty important) who also happens to have experience animating, modeling, recording audio, or programming (C++ experience is nice) actual video games, please get those resumes and demo reels warmed up real nice. We’ll be accepting them soon and *GASP* paying you for your love of wrestling and making video games!

HIRING!
We are officially in the market for an awesome game programmer to join the Pro Wrestling X team! Do you know someone with experience coding games and a love for wrestling? Send him or her our way! We have the best fans in the world and can actually PAY people now!

We have a very exciting future in store for Pro Wrestling X. We are looking forward to the year ahead and wish our former programmer all the best in his future endeavors.

Over the last few months alone I’ve experienced epic highs and lows while also making some pretty tough decisions myself. I’m not complaining. In fact, I am extremely grateful for the lessons I’ve been fortunate to have been taught. And some of the most valuable lessons are the ones that seem the hardest at the time.

At the end of the day what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, and Pro Wrestling X has never been stronger. I’m looking forward to 2013 like you wouldn’t believe.

Pro Wrestling X… Undefeated

I can imagine how ugly all this is/was/can get.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:31 am

I have to admit, I'm kind of regretting my investment, small as it may be.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:27 am

anything I could mod/change to help with that?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:48 am

No, nothing like that. It's the current situation with the updates (or lack thereof), the game being on hold and that stuff with the programmer that's been let go. "I want my money back" has become a trite line on the Internet that's thrown around way too much when someone isn't completely happy with something but to be honest, that's kind of how I feel right now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:59 am

if you contact him he might refund you.

the programmer's post was deleted and Dave followed up with;
Really sorry you guys got a glimpse of the private ugliness going on. It's a rather heartbreaking situation, and we're feeling the hurt. basically, our lawyers have advised us not to say much more.

Yes, as I mentioned in recent newsletters I have to replace a programmer. I'm happy to say the search is going well! As for future updates of the existing Uprising code, there are options that I'm pursuing with people that I trust and I'll keep you posted like I always do every week for the last ten years Making games is FUN!!

I mean it can go either way. Blame on Dave or blame on programmer. It that had something to do with money in a tweet that was probably deleted at the request of the lawyer. But, as we interwebs people do, people usually side with the one having their voice stifled. I know for a fact that developing this game solo was hell, but since the programmer wasn't calling for the death of the project or anything, I'm fine with just waiting for the new hire to code like crazy.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:06 am

I might consider doing that but for the moment it's admittedly a knee-jerk reaction to a situation that I'm getting a glimpse of second hand and probably should be taking with a grain of salt. I'll wait a bit and see how things go, but it's a bit disheartening.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic