Reminder: Ask for Permission

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Reminder: Ask for Permission

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:14 pm

It's nice to know that with the high compatibility of 2K12 and 2K13 files we can convert a lot of the 2K12 stuff easily and bring them over to 2K13. However, it's one thing to do this for yourself, and it's another thing to release the edited/converted works of others.

If you want to release an edited or converted version of another modder's work, be it a Cyberface, an Arena, a Jersey, or whatever, you should ask for their permission first. Not release and then ask for permission, ask for permission FIRST.

Although most modders shouldn't mind to see their work converted to 2K13 with proper credit, some of them don't like it when people re-release without permission.

Any reports of stolen work or releases without permission will be handled immediately resulting in the deletion of the files and/or the thread. Repeated offenses could lead to an official warning, or even a ban. So keep that in mind, and play fair.

P.S. With that said, starting asking for permission and converting! What are you waiting for? :P
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Reminder: Ask for Permission

Postby 2phER on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:55 pm

YEAH!!! ASK FOR PERMISSION FIRST!!
2phER

Postby Mile23 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:55 am

I asked some people 2-3 times for a license but never answers and I see that they are online ... it seems to me that individuals deliberately ignore private messages ... It certainly is not right
My Fictional Courts - HERE
Mile23

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:38 am

While responding to a request like that is the polite thing to do, no one is necessarily obligated to respond to a private message if they don't want to and they may feel that their silence is answer enough (though again, a "No sorry, but thanks for asking first" type of response would be polite in this situation). Some people might not bother with private messages for whatever reason, so you could always straight up ask them in their release thread.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mile23 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:44 pm

I asked for each case in the release thread ... we'll see ...
My Fictional Courts - HERE
Mile23

Postby sasha104 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:50 am

Idk where 2 write, but think some of the textures are stolen from my releases!

Firstly the main, "Miller" from Heat pack. Doesn't it looks too similar to be truth?!

Secondly, "Peak" dorna. I'm sure 'bout this one, because these hieroglyphs aint logo. I selected em, cause they looks similar to original. And rudy has stolen mine!!!

Also I must say that the "NBA 2K13" dornas look like stole too. I'm talking 'bout the font, used in "enter the new dynasty" and "executive produced". It's not original, and I spent almost an hour on selecting the most similar one. I don't believe that rudy found the same as I did and put it on the same place relativly to "jay-z".

I want you to take any measures.

Rudy's - viewtopic.php?f=149&t=89564 (miami and all packs with "nba 2k13" dorna)
Mine - viewtopic.php?f=149&t=88394 (miami, spurs and hawks all v2)
Check out my dornas for NBA 2K13
sasha104

Postby iamLillard on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:57 am

sasha104 wrote:Idk where 2 write, but think some of the textures are stolen from my releases!

Firstly the main, "Miller" from Heat pack. Doesn't it looks too similar to be truth?!

Secondly, "Peak" dorna. I'm sure 'bout this one, because these hieroglyphs aint logo. I selected em, cause they looks similar to original. And rudy has stolen mine!!!

Also I must say that the "NBA 2K13" dornas look like stole too. I'm talking 'bout the font, used in "enter the new dynasty" and "executive produced". It's not original, and I spent almost an hour on selecting the most similar one. I don't believe that rudy found the same as I did and put it on the same place relativly to "jay-z".

Rudy's - viewtopic.php?f=149&t=89564 (miami and all packs with "nba 2k13" dorna)

:roll: :facepalm2:
iamLillard

Postby lethal on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:20 am

Lol ask him personally.
Lets Go GSW!

You better Visit and Give my Roster A Try
Just click the Orange Text Lethal Roster
lethal

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:25 pm

An important note about this:
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=90863
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby segasaturnboy on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:06 pm

iamLillard wrote:
sasha104 wrote:Idk where 2 write, but think some of the textures are stolen from my releases!

:roll: :facepalm2:

Hey man I just put up a thread asking you and Hawk and franci27 and suirad for permission to reupload some of the courts and logos from the base roster
along with some of your jerseys. If I get the okay from every one it will complement my 93-94 association roster very nicely.
segasaturnboy

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:50 pm

I've locked that thread because that's not what this section is for (nor this thread, really). A message like that is best sent to the individual modders directly via private messaging or at least in the Ultimate Base Roster thread, since it's not a preview or release for NBA 2K13...at least not yet. ;)

Having said that, we all appreciate you doing the courteous thing by asking for permission. Hopefully those guys will give you the OK. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding