Dwight Howard Imagined Having To Retire.

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Dwight Howard Imagined Having To Retire.

Postby Like A Boss on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Lakers center Dwight Howard said he briefly imagined his career being over eight months ago when doctors said a herniated disc caused nerve damage in his left leg that could have forced him to retire.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/12/23/dwight-howard-imagined-having-to-retire/
Like A Boss
Bulls

Re: Dwight Howard Imagined Having To Retire.

Postby Kyrius on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Tallest clown ever.
GONYGONYGO!
Kyrius

Postby Cartar on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:31 am

Kyrius wrote:Tallest clown ever.

Not really
Cartar

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Can't blame him, it does sound like a rather serious - and painful - injury. I imagine that thought would run through a player's mind upon the initial diagnosis. While he obviously handled his departure from the Magic very poorly to say the least, I'm glad he's been able to resume his career. I wouldn't wish a career-ending injury on anyone and it wouldn't have done the league any favours to lose him so abruptly.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Martti. on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:30 am

Having read this I think I might have a similar problem, obviously not as severe, but there was a time when I'd get raging pains in my left leg whenever sitting down, and I didn't do anything to my leg, though I've had back problems. And at the gym, whenever I workout my left leg, I get pains in my back, nothing when working out the right leg.

Though it doesn't bother at all while I'm playing ball, I can jump just as high and run as fast, but during a two-hour bus ride it's a real bitch. Luckily, it's gotten a lot better over time. But it has been over a year where I've been in discomfort because of it.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Kenny on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:44 pm

While Howard's attitude has been off-putting, we want to see the league at it's best, and having a player of his caliber retire would have been to the detriment to the
league.

Meanwhile, he's drawn an interesting comparison. Howard's game has slightly declined because of injury, and Koufos is getting more minutes (and having a pretty decent season). I'd still trade Koufos for Howard if the deal was on the table though.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA & Basketball