Dirk's Final Chapter - Might end this D - opinions!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Dirk's Final Chapter - Might end this D - opinions!

Postby hova- on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:39 pm

So finally a Mavericks dynasty from me. Here's what you can expect:

:arrow: 82 games season (playing as much as I like) / 12 minutes per quarter
:arrow: 5-7-7-7 Playoffs (this change should become reality again!)
:arrow: All-Star difficulty, own sliders (adjusted every now and then)
:arrow: fictional draft classes (creating my own NBA)
:arrow: thanks for following!
Last edited by hova- on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 33 times in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Damn ... it's Hova again - An Hovesque Dynasty Story

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:49 pm

MEGA KEEN! :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Justine. on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:13 pm

The party is not complete when hova is not present. Glad you're back. Good luck man. :)
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby dare on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:34 am

More stories to follow, the association/dynasty section is officially back.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:25 am

Hawks story?
Solaris Phase Two

Postby Red Rocket on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:32 am

Wow. Some high praise from everyone. Never seen your work, but it's always good to see a legend on this place I guess... good luck on this, and I'll be following it.
Into the Fire - HEAT 2K13 Association (NBA 2K13)
Red Rocket

Postby Martti. on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:55 am

Dallas?
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:08 pm

Bucks :cheeky:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:12 am

Definitely hyped for this. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:23 am

Should be a good one. Good luck, hov. (Y)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby The X on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:55 am

Is that beds' roster? Worth getting?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:05 am

The X wrote:Is that beds' roster? Worth getting?

Its pretty good. Along with chilliads draft

Also another vote for the Hawks. :D
Solaris Phase Two

Postby hova- on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:01 am

Ye bed's roster. I like it. Tendencies are spot-on. I also find it interesting, that he kind of eliminated total scrubs by giving every player an overall of at least 65. There are almost no players in the NBA who are completely useless, which is now reflected pretty well.

Thanks for the hype guys. Wanted to get this going today, but University kept me away from it. Will update this tomorrow. You can still guess the team.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:28 am

Welcome back in the business Hov! Looking forward to it (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:27 pm

hova- wrote:

Ye bed's roster. I like it. Tendencies are spot-on. I also find it interesting, that he kind of eliminated total scrubs by giving every player an overall of at least 65. There are almost no players in the NBA who are completely useless, which is now reflected pretty well.

Thanks for the hype guys. Wanted to get this going today, but University kept me away from it. Will update this tomorrow. You can still guess the team.

Cheers, will have to grab it & re-start my Association. Can never understand why some players are rated at 50.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 am

I am guessing Dallas. :)
Fresh8

Postby rise on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:06 pm

Charlotte? :D
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby hova- on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:45 am

Chapter One: "Give me peace - or Playoffs!

Actually, I did not want to stay in the NBA. After stints with the Knicks, Hawks, Bobcats and Kings, I felt like it was enough. Especially after not having the kind of success with those franchises that I was aspiring – although it wasn’t only my fault - but I got blamed for most of these failures. So the plan now was to get back to the St. Thomas Aquinas Highschool in NYC. Doing my regular job as a teacher and Highschool basketball coach. I've had a lot of fun there. Developing the game of young fellas and also helping them to get a job, it felt like my real profession. The school’s principal had already told me that I could come back whenever I wanted. He appreciated me. As a German teacher – actually we had only two German teachers when I had still been at the high school – and as a basketball Coach, because the St. Thomas Jackets, the team’s name, had a very successfull time under my rule. I was just looking for that home sweet home peace. Privacy. Being anonymous.

I was really looking forward to less stress and more fun in my job. Getting out of the spotlight. Not having to justify for every bad decision I made, every trade, suspensions or losses. Still I knew that I did not really leave my card on the desks of NBA front offices with my actions. A comeback would be pretty impossible in the future. I had never been to the Playoffs, which had been a dream of mine for quite some time. But I tried to tame myself. “Don’t be so proud”, I said. “Build on failures and learn from them”. Somehow though, inside of me, there was still this sizzling feeling. The feeling of not being good enough in something, which kind of ate me alive. But I left that behind me now. I wanted to start over again.

So just one night before my flight from Los Angeles to New York – I was leaving my hotel room after spending my vacation in L.A. – my cell phone rang. The number wasn’t shown on my phone’s screen.

“Hova”, I picked up the phone.
“Howdy, Mr. Hova, Cuban my name”, a voice yelled into the phone. “Gimme one second - I am still in the club”, he asked for some time without giving me a chance to answer.
“Mark Cuban?”, I wanted to make sure he was who I supposed he was.
“Yes, ah that’s better”, he said whilst the noise in the background disappeared.
“Now I am back in the V.I.P. room. Hey, Chris Hova, how are you doing?”, Cuban asked as he was still breathing deeply after running from one room to the other.
“I’m fine. It’s been a while. Didn’t think you’d call me again”, I answered adding a little punch: “actually I didn’t miss your phone calls either.”
“I know, I know”, he tried to sound sorry. “A lot of bullshit happened, Hova, I know that. And it wasn’t your fault, you know. It was me! Me!”, Cuban said with his typical loud voice.
“I’m regretting what happened, Hova. We wanted you – then you weren’t sure about what you wanted which made me pissed and in the end you were pissed, too. But the whole thing with Jason Kidd did not work out as he came back as a player – he is in New York now, you know that? What a traitor!”, Cuban shouted into the phone as if he was punching Jason Kidd in his imagination.
“Yes, the whole story wasn’t how I thought it would end either,” I said sticking to the facts.
“So if you’re calling me to say sorry, Mark. It’s okay. I’m out of the business now anyway. Tomorrow I will be back in NYC and get back on my regular job as a teacher. You’re foregiven,” I did not want to leave any unpaid bills before retiring.

“Wow, Chris, that’s nice, thank you. But, well, I don’t give a shit about that. You think I came to wealth and glory by saying sorry to everyone I shitted on? Do I sound like I am wearing a skirt?”, he sounded kind of harsh now.
“Hova, I came to wealth by making clever decisions, by playing hard, not by acting like a pussy and say sorry to every average Joe”, he said as I heard a glass dropping in the background.
“Aha okay, good to now. So what’s your problem?”, I countered whilst the tone of the conversation went somewhat into a witty direction.
“Hova, listen. The reason why I am calling is ...”, he stopped for one second. “We want you to be part of the Mavericks organization!”.
My eyes got big. “Me? You want me?”, I could not believe what he was saying after all the bad things that had happened in the past between me and Cuban and how he handled the situation now.
“Well, to say that I want you is maybe a bit exaggerated”, he answered. “Let me say it like that. We have one player who believes that you could be a decent part of the Mavericks getting back to glory”, Cuban said. I knew who he was thinking of, but I wanted to hear it from himself.
“Who wants me?”, I forced further explanations. “Who, who, who. What do you think who wants you?", he sounded angry now as I was playing possum". It’s Dirk. You know that. You know each other for some time now!”

Dirk and me, we knew each other from the German National Squad and had still been in touch every now and then.
“Well, Mark. It’s an honor that Dirk wants me to be part of your team and actually just to anger you I’d like to join and keep on fighting with you”, I said with a smile on my face that he better could not see.
“But I am out. No more NBA responsibility. Too much stress, too much hype. I don’t like it anymore”, I said. “So have a good night, thanks for the call”, I wanted to end the conversation.
“Wait, wait, wait! Hova! Wait.", he tried to sound friendly now. "I know you don’t want the attention anymore. But it should not be a problem. Your role would be the one of an assistant coach. Terry Stotts left us to Portland - another traitor bitch! Only a minor role in the coaching staff. Hova! This would be a perfect fit for you. Developing our young guns. C’mon C-Hov, my man. This is a position for you”, Cuban tried to convince me, only to make Dirk happy, I could noticed that. He was fearing that he could not fulfill one of Dirk’s wishes and Dirk would maybe question the franchises direction.
And somehow, I liked the idea. Assistant Coach for a Playoff team. I had never been to the Playoffs. Never. That was killing me. No media attention. Just assistant coach. But I wanted to get back to the kids, back to teaching. Playoffs. Teaching. Success. Privacy. Hype. Fun. Money. Helping.
“Hova! Hova! You still here???”, Cuban asked. Silence.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's ... - Chapter 1: Give me Peace - or Playoffs!

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:50 am

As much as i have a gut feeling ur doin the mavs cause of ch 1. I think u have a twist in mind.
Solaris Phase Two

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:09 am

Nice chapter man. Good read. (y) I cannot wait to see the next one. I want you to win a ring for Dirk f you choose ti work for Mark Cuban ;)
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:06 pm

A Mavericks association is missing here (Y) Hopefully you said yes Hov!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Red Rocket on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am

As Thierry said - a Mavs dynasty is missing. My first reading of yours didn't disappoint. Looking forward to where you go from here.
Into the Fire - HEAT 2K13 Association (NBA 2K13)
Red Rocket

Postby Valor on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:12 am

I hope it is what it seems like, Mavs story would be nice (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:17 pm

Go Mavs!
Lamrock

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood