Fly Fatboy Fly - In 2K19

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Fly Fatboy Fly - In 2K19

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Wait, there was a first JaoSming saga?
My Wii Fit failure

Background

I'm 6'6" but got up to 325 over the summer, blame the baby, but since then I've been consistently losing weight. Well, I've reached my plateau...so why not get motivated by all of you supportive bastards again!

The weekly community open gym is going on again, so each week I am going to try a dunk attempt, upload it for lulzhopefully$$$$, and have something to show for progress.

Try to enjoy
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Fly Fatboy Fly - Another JaoSming Saga

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:48 pm

Week 1

Weight: 306
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH1MAFMaqf4
phpBB [video]

This will be interesting.....
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby The X on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:12 pm

Good luck. I'm 6'2" & have gone from about 260lbs a year ago to my current weight of less than 230lbs. All I've done is running the dogs a mile a day each morning. Fitter for bball too now, which is always good.

I'm sort of locked in at 227-228lbs & have plateaued a bit, but aiming to drop another 10 pounds.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Like A Boss on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Good luck Jao hope you can do it! (Y)
Like A Boss
Bulls

Postby Dc311 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm 5'7" and weighing in at 137 pounds.I remember being a fat guy.My max weight was 250.One year later I was at a comfortable 160.This was about 12 or 13 years ago when I was 18 or 19 years old.How did I do it? Diabetes was to blame.That and I use to have a bad cocaine problem.So I guess you can technically say I cheated.Haha.But besides that,I hope you do well man.I am currently trying to gain weight.So yeah that's it.
Dc311
"F@*K YOU WHALE!!!F@*K YOU DOLPHIN!!!"
Contributor

Postby J@3 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Good luck with this though the Dwight arm sleeves are killing me. You sure you're not Asian??
J@3

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Best of luck with it man. Love the music on that first video. :lol:

The X wrote:Good luck. I'm 6'2" & have gone from about 260lbs a year ago to my current weight of less than 230lbs. All I've done is running the dogs a mile a day each morning. Fitter for bball too now, which is always good.

Running. Definitely a believer in that. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby _Steve_ on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Andrew wrote:Best of luck with it man. Love the music on that first video. :lol:

The X wrote:Good luck. I'm 6'2" & have gone from about 260lbs a year ago to my current weight of less than 230lbs. All I've done is running the dogs a mile a day each morning. Fitter for bball too now, which is always good.

Running. Definitely a believer in that. (Y)

Depends on your weight. I went from 230lbs to 205lbs (I'm 6'2") but had big knee and ankle problems when I first started running (at 230lbs). Switched to some workout DVD's my wife bought some time ago and changed my diet to nearly zero carbohydrates. Lost 10lbs over the first week and started with cycling again which was way better for my legs. I'll be out running again in spring but try to ride my bicycle as much as weather allows it.
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby J@3 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:21 am

I hate anything cardio related, I just lift weights 6 days a week. It hurts more but means I get to stay in the one spot
J@3

Postby dopeboy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:54 am

J@3 wrote:I hate anything cardio related, I just lift weights 6 days a week. It hurts more but means I get to stay in the one spot

Maybe you should avoid lifting weights so often. Doing it every other day might be more beneficial because of muscle recovery time. If you don't like cardio training, you could substitute it with higher intensity exercises.
"Fighting for peace, is like fucking for virginity" - George Carlin
dopeboy
as deadly as can be

Postby JaoSming on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:47 am

First, I am surprised at all the support I'm getting with this, here and the YouTube comments.....I thought it was going to be a funny little thing like what Wii Fit ended up being, but wow. So thank you

I'm sort of locked in at 227-228lbs & have plateaued a bit, but aiming to drop another 10 pounds.

The 25 I've lost has been nearly 100% diet change, since I still can't do much with the baby.....more like I'm too tired to do more. The goal is 250lbs, but I don't plan to be down to that weight for another year. According to BMI I want to be in the 220 range....but that was my weight in college/high school and you could see my bones.

Dc311 wrote:That and I use to have a bad cocaine problem

Inspiring :lol: but either way, weight just sucks

J@3 wrote:Good luck with this though the Dwight arm sleeves are killing me. You sure you're not Asian??

Paternity tests have been ran throughout my life....I assure you, not Asian.
....those sleeves though, lol. I should just goto the drug store and get some elbows sleeves or something less.....Dwight, but its just too funny looking with the neon yellow shoes to not.

Andrew wrote:Love the music on that first video. :lol:

Thank you very much, I'd like to thank the 30 year old half broken and very out of tune Piano we have.

SteveHTOWN wrote: but had big knee and ankle problems when I first started running

My knees have always been my downfall (notice the straps). Running on a court never really left me with issues, but concrete hurts under my knee cap and dirt/grass is prime ankle issues. I'd say I'm falling apart, but I've dealt with these injuries throughout high school and college....so I'm just broken.

J@3 wrote:I hate anything cardio related, I just lift weights 6 days a week

....memories of "lifting cardio". Short breaks, low weight, and lots of reps. Friggin hate cardio...

...which is my main option. We got a stationary bike and got it setup in the living room....it just feels like a waste of time to pedal in place there for a half hour watching TV.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:49 am

dopeboy wrote:Maybe you should avoid lifting weights so often. Doing it every other day might be more beneficial because of muscle recovery time.

Alternating routine, muscle sets, or intensity each day.
Like work the upper body for the first day, lower body for the second day, then back to upper fo the third day, and so on.
Same shite as resting a day.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby dopeboy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:03 am

shadowgrin wrote:
dopeboy wrote:Maybe you should avoid lifting weights so often. Doing it every other day might be more beneficial because of muscle recovery time.

Alternating routine, muscle sets, or intensity each day.
Like work the upper body for the first day, lower body for the second day, then back to upper fo the third day, and so on.
Same shite as resting a day.

True. Forgot to mention that myself. For me, it's more of a personal preference to skip every other day. I feel better that way and it's less time consuming as well.
"Fighting for peace, is like fucking for virginity" - George Carlin
dopeboy
as deadly as can be

Postby The X on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:20 am

Re knee issues that were mentioned, I've had my share with shin splints (got better footwear to help with that), tendinitis caused my imbalance of hamstring & quadricep muscle strength. That's why my running has never ramped up beyond a mile a day. I feel like my body breaks down a little.

JaoSming wrote:First, I am surprised at all the support I'm getting with this, here and the YouTube comments.....I thought it was going to be a funny little thing like what Wii Fit ended up being, but wow. So thank you

The 25 I've lost has been nearly 100% diet change, since I still can't do much with the baby.....more like I'm too tired to do more. The goal is 250lbs, but I don't plan to be down to that weight for another year. According to BMI I want to be in the 220 range....but that was my weight in college/high school and you could see my bones.

Yeah, don't pay any attention to BMI, since it looks like you've got a bit of bone mass like me. 245-250lbs would probably be good weight for you.

I lost my first 10 pounds purely on diet (& gastro bug), the remainder being lost since February with the next 10 pounds on exercise & diet & last 10 pounds on exercise alone (since my diet hasn't been as good since 2nd baby born with lots of parties, weddings, functions, some booze etc).

I'm 31 now so wanted to get myself in better shape before I let it go too long.

Truth be told, I only started running because with the young kids, dogs still need a walk. Walking them is painful since they're hound dogs so running is more convenient. I now have another running partner, pushing my daughter in a jogging stroller, for extra workout :P But yeah, with 2 young kids I got no time, so 6am jogs for 15 minutes before work is all I have time for (other than Sunday evening bball).
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby J@3 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:26 am

dopeboy wrote:
J@3 wrote:I hate anything cardio related, I just lift weights 6 days a week. It hurts more but means I get to stay in the one spot

Maybe you should avoid lifting weights so often. Doing it every other day might be more beneficial because of muscle recovery time. If you don't like cardio training, you could substitute it with higher intensity exercises.

My program is fine, it's designed so that each area is separated by as many days as I can separate them. I'm not on some starting strength shit lol
J@3

Postby [Q] on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:41 am

Dc311 wrote:I'm 5'7" and weighing in at 137 pounds...I am currently trying to gain weight.So yeah that's it.

good luck. at the same height, i am hanging around 131 lbs. i actually gained 10 lbs in the month of August put i've definitely hit a wall since then.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby rise on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:34 pm

Qballer wrote:
Dc311 wrote:I'm 5'7" and weighing in at 137 pounds...I am currently trying to gain weight.So yeah that's it.

good luck. at the same height, i am hanging around 131 lbs. i actually gained 10 lbs in the month of August put i've definitely hit a wall since then.

In the exact same boat as both of y'all. 5'7, 135, maybe 140 tops.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby el badman on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:29 pm

z02.0 wrote:
Qballer wrote:

In the exact same boat as both of y'all. 5'7, 135, maybe 140 tops.

+1
I'm 6'0" and I'm probably just 150 lbs or so, I'm just physically unable to gain any fucking weight.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:37 pm

SteveHTOWN wrote:Depends on your weight. I went from 230lbs to 205lbs (I'm 6'2") but had big knee and ankle problems when I first started running (at 230lbs). Switched to some workout DVD's my wife bought some time ago and changed my diet to nearly zero carbohydrates. Lost 10lbs over the first week and started with cycling again which was way better for my legs. I'll be out running again in spring but try to ride my bicycle as much as weather allows it.

That's true, it can be hell on your knees. Mine are holding up so far, I run 5 km every day, but I'm thinking I'll have to pull back a bit in a few years.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Nick on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:20 pm

This is cool. Good luck to you. (Y) Cardio and diet is your friend.
JaoSming wrote:
phpBB [video]

"Bigman one-handers off two" dunk package.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Re: Fly Fatboy Fly - Another JaoSming Saga - Week 2

Postby JaoSming on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:07 am

Week 2

Weight: 305.8 (woo!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwP_xpZ4jK4
phpBB [video]

NLSC exclusive, pick the next dunk I attempt
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Fly Fatboy Fly - Another JaoSming Saga - Week 2 & Poll

Postby formx on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:22 am

Was that a blob I've seen dunking that ball? :-P

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Re: Fly Fatboy Fly - Another JaoSming Saga - Week 2

Postby Like A Boss on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:48 am

JaoSming wrote:NLSC exclusive, pick the next dunk I attempt

360 Between the Legs :mrgreen:
Like A Boss
Bulls

Re: Fly Fatboy Fly - Another JaoSming Saga - Week 2 & Poll

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:49 am

Right on. (Y)

I'm going to say try for the reverse.
Andrew