[Tool] Roster Editor

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor v0.4.1.1 (30 Rosters + FA Pool)

Postby R10barca on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:28 pm

it's possible to trade now greg oden from free agents in Brandan Haywood spot in bobcats in my career mode?
R10barca

Postby Leftos on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:56 pm

I've said repeatedly, this doesn't work with saves yet, only rosters.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby akokulit on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:59 am

Thank you Leftos for making this a free tool. I'll donate some money to you if I get some money in my Paypal account. :bowdown:
NBPA CHARITY B-BALL LEAGUE

The most original idea in association stories history ever!
akokulit

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor v0.5 (Ratings, Tendencies, Hot Spot

Postby Leftos on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:07 am

v0.5 released!
- Players and Options tab are now spreadsheet like as well
- Ratings, Tendencies and Hot Spots added to Players
- Teams' PlNum and Player Order will automatically be fixed on save
- Now the user can change the name of the file to load Player names from, to allow for multiple files

Note that I didn't have the time to match the Ratings/Tendencies/Hot Spots columns to the actual names in game, so you'll just see them numbered. I really don't have time to do the matching myself, but if someone does the matching for me by midnight Greece time (5PM Eastern), I should be able to get the column names in. Any release by tonight will be the last release until Wednesday.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Look my voice to LP on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:48 am

bodytypes please! :)
ImageImage
I am godfather of the Paint
Look my voice to LP

Postby Zeusnlsc on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:01 am

Hi,Leftos,
Very good job! (Y)
Since you can hide or unhide the players, can you make it hide or unhide the teams? like unhide dream team in the roster.
Zeusnlsc

Postby Leftos on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:16 am

No, but you can get all the Dream Team's player in the FA pool and assign them to any team you want.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jaelove on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:17 am

I wish I could help with research but I don't know how to but if someone could help with adding the stars to the blacktop mode that would be fantastic
jaelove

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor v0.5.1 (Ratings, Tendencies, Hot Sp

Postby Leftos on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:16 am

v0.5.1 released!
- Ratings, Tendencies and Hot Spots columns now are named
- Copy-pasting for the Players table should work completely

Big props to everyone that helped, especially solovoy for doing the research required to get all ratings, tendencies and hot spots implemented, as well as Hyperballer21, slimm44 and Eaglerock562 for matching them up with their names in-game.

This is my last release until next Wed/Thu, so enjoy! See you then everyone!

P.S. Note that when you paste into the Players table, you're not required to have your data sorted by Player ID, nor do you have to have the columns in the right order, nor do you have to have all the columns, nor does it matter if you have more columns than expected. The tool will automatically detect all compatible players based on ID and all compatible columns based on column name, and only update the compatible data. So you could have the columns and players arranged however you like, and you could even have only 2-3 columns in the data you're pasting, or you could have other irrelevant data in-between the columns (something that's part of your calculations, for example). It shouldn't matter, it should all work fine.

For example, the following should work and update the CFID of players 2, 4 and 6.

Code: Select all
ID    Beautiful    CF ID
2    Yes    5
4    No    8512
6    Who cares? 1111

The Teams table, on the other hand, pastes data like you would paste it an Excel spreadsheet. There's no auto-detection based on ID or column name yet, so be careful.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor v0.5.1 (Ratings, Tendencies, Hot Sp

Postby ILL-Patch guy on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:51 am

Awesome! thanks for your effort :)
ILL-Patch guy

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor v0.5.1.1

Postby Leftos on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:19 am

v0.5.1.1 released!
- Fixed various bugs that would cause the tool to crash or misinterpret data when pasting into the Players and Teams tables

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:28 am

:bowdown:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby DukeW74 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:54 am

Leftos wrote:v0.5.1.1 released!
- Fixed various bugs that would cause the tool to crash or misinterpret data when pasting into the Players and Teams tables

I was just about to ask about this :) Thank You sir
DukeW74

Postby DukeW74 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:02 am

Well I just tired the new version and I still have a crashing bug I think, that is unless you disabled being able to use a player ID and fill with concurrent numbers. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere if you did. I can post the error log as text or in code if you would like me to. Of course if you are out of time that's fine too. :)

This part is what I am talking about from your tutorial.
6. Enter whatever IDs you want. (If you want to try some consecutive ones, for example 10-21, just enter 10 in the first box and click Fill with Consecutive.)

Roster Editor crashes as soon as I Hit the fill button.

EDIT: 1
I did a bit more testing and if I in fact enter the numbers manually and save, Roster Editor does not crash and the roster loads fine.

Just in case I miss any reply here is the log

Code: Select all
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at NBA_2K13_Roster_Editor.MainWindow.myCell(Int32 row, Int32 col) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 832
   at NBA_2K13_Roster_Editor.MainWindow.btnFill_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 884
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

None
Last edited by DukeW74 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
DukeW74

Postby alvy2012 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:19 am

this may be dumb question but if i want to remove a player fro mmy roster in my career can i use this tool like put him in free agency ?? thanx in advance
alvy2012

Postby chaodck on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:31 am

alvy2012 wrote:this may be dumb question but if i want to remove a player fro mmy roster in my career can i use this tool like put him in free agency ?? thanx in advance

The tool, at the moment, isn't compatible with savegames (My Career or Association). It is only compatible with rosters, hence it can only edit .ros files.
chaodck

Postby Leftos on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:10 pm

DukeW74, yeah, just by the error report I know what I forgot to fix. I did some major changes behind the scenes to make it easier for me to scale to new parameters later, but I forgot to fix "Fill with consecutive". I'll fix it as soon as I come back on Wednesday, maybe a bit earlier since the code is on BitBucket too.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby DukeW74 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanks Leftos, Enjoy your vacation, you've really earned it.
DukeW74

Postby Dmayne on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:50 pm

Thanks for the tool Leftos. :bowdown2:

Will this tool get the ability to edit players on classic teams eventually? Looking to edit the scrubs on classic teams and change there name/port/face and such. Also maybe we could hide some classic teams?

Enjoy your vacation.

EDIT: Draft round, pick, and draft year if you could, so we can add to missing players.
Last edited by Dmayne on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmayne

Postby Leftos on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Classic teams rosters that are in the "Assign Player" dialog should be pretty easy to research. If someone takes a look at my code and looks at how I do team rosters, maybe they'll realize what they need to do, along with the research tutorial video I posted in the Tutorials subforum.

Otherwise, I should get those teams' rosters in next week.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby justinpot on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:30 am

this would be big if we could use it for save games like association (Y)
justinpot

Postby Leftos on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:58 am

Yeah, but if I were to spend so much time as to make it compatible with savegames and do my own research, it would be a closed-source payware like REDitor. Yes, it would be big, so if you want it to become that big, help with research, or ask someone else to help. I've made a tutorial video that couldn't make it any clearer on how you could help with the research so that new features would be added.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor v0.5.1.2

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:06 am

v0.5.1.2 released!
- Fixed Hot Spots overwriting Tendencies when pasting into the Players table

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor v0.5.2

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:28 am

v0.5.2 released!
- (Experimental) Audio ID(?) added to Players table

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor v0.5.2.1

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:36 am

v0.5.2.1 released!
- Fixed pasting Audio ID

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding