SJ1414 COMBO GLOBAL OFFICIAL RELEASED + CF's

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: SJ1414 Shadow and Sweat 100% kobe skin type TESTERS..

Postby dbzx on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:11 am

chicagoRAW wrote:I have yet to test this but in regards to sweat, players don't sweat more in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I don't know why people think that, first you have to consider half time. Second, once you start playing, after a few minutes of a full court baskteball game you're already going to be sweating pretty intensely, so by 2nd quarter it should be on max sweat. There isn't some kind of progressive sweat through out a game, you start sweating pretty quickly and you hit your max depending on the duration of your playing time without stopping and effort. Basically if a guy has played an entire quarter he should be max sweating, whether it's the 1st quarter or the 4th.

I've been to busy to test the globals, but for those who have played blacktop, how does it compare, to me, if it's just like blacktop, that's perfect, I think blacktop looks amazing.

Your logic makes sense and I agree with it, but players shouldnt sweat that much with less than a minute into the game. I picture i posted is the first possession after tip off.. so that would be around 24-30 secs max.
dbzx

Postby wtferrell on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:22 am

I'd like to say lets get the skintones/lighting correct first and foremost, then we can look at progressive sweat. I love Kobe's tone now. Once we get the other few skin lighting values correct, we can then take a look at the sweat. Just my honest opinion.
wtferrell

Postby RapboY on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:33 am

it looks great!

couple of things:
- sometimes it looks perfect, sometimes it looks too shiny. I think you should lessen how shiny it is just a little.
- some parts of skin tones get too dark when I use this, i don't know how you'd fix that though.

EDIT: and about the progressive sweat, it doesn't really matter imo, because honestly, some players just sweat a lot more than others so you really can't take everything in real life into account.
RapboY

Re: SJ1414 Shadow and Sweat Mod more preview

Postby Rangez on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:36 am

seanjohn1414 wrote:thnx for all the nice comments and critics for the last preview...

okay... now in the serious side... last season, im rushing things that i missed many parameters and the outcome is like the skin in gameplay and replay and also in the bench are not matching with each othere..
but now its different...

look at the gameplay pics and the replay pics... here it is... and i also need all your comments and critics.. its very helpful to me so guys.. cooperate okay ^^ LOL

okay here's gameplay:

here's replay:

is this with a photomod or none? if so which one?
°°°°°Rangez°°°°°
I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
Michael Jordan
NBA 2k Montage/Mix Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mr2KImpossible
NBA Real Life Mixes: http://www.youtube.com/user/TdotPrid3
Comment, Rate and Subscribe! :)
Rangez

Postby Jarus on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:41 am

PLEASE FIGURE OUT A WAY TO APPLY BLACKTOP LIGHTNING IN STADIUMS!!! YOULL BE THE UNDISPUTED KING
Jarus

Postby kendz4494 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:43 am

All of these are on first quarter with mlp111 photomod and fxxa.. No hd mode or other mods, It is a bit too shiny. Just lessen it a tad bit more and it is good to go. :D
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60
GPU: msi GeForce GTX 660 Twin Frozr OC 2GB
MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V LX
Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Series 120 GB
HDD: Seagate 1.5 TB SATA 6Gbps Barracuda Green
RAM: Kingston 16GB
PSU: Corsair CX600M
DVD: Liteon 24x Dvd/CD Writer
kendz4494

Postby Kinggdawg on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:45 am

yo SJ the global decreases FPS a bit, any solutions?
The King
LeBron James #23
CLEVELAND CAVALIERS
Kinggdawg

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:53 am

Jarus wrote:PLEASE FIGURE OUT A WAY TO APPLY BLACKTOP LIGHTNING IN STADIUMS!!! YOULL BE THE UNDISPUTED KING

:| I think he already is
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby chicagoRAW on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:38 am

Finally got to test the global. First off I would recommend not touching the skin tones at all, stick to the default 2k skin tones, I think in the beta global kobe is too dark. It's especially noticeable how darker he is when you go to a time out and the global edits get turned off, he is much more lighter. I don't really like him being that dark, along with other players with that skin tone. Second I would say when doing these edits, don't use any modified exe file. I don't use MikeV's exe's, I think his modification makes the game arcade-like. Now for the effect its self, I think it's on the way to being like black top mode, but it's probably 50% there. Again, I would like to see the default 2k skin tones with these edits. Here are some screens. ALSO, I took my screens during gameplay, I don't take replay screens, I don't take cut scene screens. 95% of playing is actual in game, gameplay (if that makes sense) so that's the effect I focus on. With that said, I don't see all the fuss about players being too shiny, during gameplay they look fine.

Here you have default global on blacktop:
chicagoRAW

Postby Nick on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:46 am

I kinda disagree with what everyone's saying. I really like the shine, and i hope it stays that way. And i don't think kobe's skin tone is too dark. I think you nailed the skin tone and should move on to other tasks. (Y)
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby jp10_pogi on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:57 am

Uploading Ingame pics

Heat vs Lakers cpu vs cpu
Fraps wasnt acting right. Uploading OKC vs NY

I think you will not get the sweat effect in 2minutes per quarter. try beta testing it in a 5-7min/quarter and see difference. cause I noticed your 2nd quarter score :mrgreen:
:idea: you can take ingame pics using replay :idea:

Nick wrote:I kinda disagree with what everyone's saying. I really like the shine, and i hope it stays that way. And i don't think kobe's skin tone is too dark. I think you nailed the skin tone and should move on to other tasks. (Y)

Yes (Y) skin tone is good already (Y)

but still i'll love if we'll stick to this sweat effect (Y)
what can you say guys?I dunno if you'll agree :?:
Last edited by jp10_pogi on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Don't Criticize, HYPERize!
jp10_pogi

Postby chicagoRAW on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:04 am

look at my kobe screens, im not using any exe mods, he's very dark, compare it to the default 2k skin tone which i think is perfect. I don't think skin tones should be changed.
chicagoRAW

Postby Maximus89 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:12 am

Players do get pretty sweaty in the 1st qtr. Go watch games.

I think it looks good as is!
Maximus89

Postby wtferrell on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:13 am

jp10_pogi wrote:
Nick wrote:I kinda disagree with what everyone's saying. I really like the shine, and i hope it stays that way. And i don't think kobe's skin tone is too dark. I think you nailed the skin tone and should move on to other tasks. (Y)

Yes (Y) skin tone is good already (Y)

but still i'll love if we'll stick to this sweat effect (Y)

what can you say guys?I dunno if you'll agree :?:

I agree wholeheartedly. I love it.
wtferrell

Postby intruda on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:08 pm

This has nothing to do with seanjohns global. But prior to using his global, anything from Carmelo to white didnt show sweat. With his global same thing, but i know hes only worked on kobe type.

Is this an issue for everyone else. I had sweat prior to this global but not on lighter skinned players.

Just making sure im not going crazy or wrong setup or something.
intruda

Postby shane91 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:16 pm

[quote="chicagoRAW"]Finally got to test the global. First off I would recommend not touching the skin tones at all, stick to the default 2k skin tones, I think in the beta global kobe is too dark. It's especially noticeable how darker he is when you go to a time out and the global edits get turned off, he is much more lighter. I don't really like him being that dark, along with other players with that skin tone. Second I would say when doing these edits, don't use any modified exe file. I don't use MikeV's exe's, I think his modification makes the game arcade-like. Now for the effect its self, I think it's on the way to being like black top mode, but it's probably 50% there. Again, I would like to see the default 2k skin tones with these edits. Here are some screens. ALSO, I took my screens during gameplay, I don't take replay screens, I don't take cut scene screens. 95% of playing is actual in game, gameplay (if that makes sense) so that's the effect I focus on. With that said, I don't see all the fuss about players being too shiny, during gameplay they look fine.

Hey man where did you get your wizars court?
shane91

Postby jp10_pogi on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:35 pm

intruda wrote:This has nothing to do with seanjohns global. But prior to using his global, anything from Carmelo to white didnt show sweat. With his global same thing, but i know hes only worked on kobe type.

Is this an issue for everyone else. I had sweat prior to this global but not on lighter skinned players.

yes. please relax. =) this is the result of releasing it unofficially. we will really expect glitches or questions. That's why SJ had a good idea in releasing it to his close friends first for beta test. But someone pressured him i think. that's what we get, its an unofficial release global. so backing up your global will be safe :!:
jp10_pogi

Postby intruda on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:47 pm

jp10_pogi wrote:
intruda wrote:This has nothing to do with seanjohns global. But prior to using his global, anything from Carmelo to white didnt show sweat. With his global same thing, but i know hes only worked on kobe type.

yes. please relax. =) this is the result of releasing it unofficially. we will really expect glitches or questions. That's why SJ had a good idea in releasing it to his close friends first for beta test. But someone pressured him i think. that's what we get, its an unofficial release global. so backing up your global will be safe :!:

What? I said this question had nothing to do with seanjohns global. Just by default theres no progressive sweat for lighter skinned players. As ive been playing with my config file and wanted to make sure everyone was experiencing the same thing.

Has nothing to do with what seanjohn released.

Your typing tone is funny, not everyone is a noob.

Thanks seanjohn for global buddy, will be using until next release, anything is better than default.
intruda

Re: SJ1414 Shadow and Sweat Mod more preview

Postby washbuRn on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:07 pm

seanjohn1414 wrote:you mean in the gameplay??

here's mine in practice

I think this one is perfect for me in gameplay mode. i really like the selfshadowing. this one is better than 2K's default one.
washbuRn

Postby jp10_pogi on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:22 pm

This has nothing to do with seanjohns global. But prior to using his global, anything from Carmelo to white didnt show sweat. With his global same thing, but i know hes only worked on kobe type.
Is this an issue for everyone else. I had sweat prior to this global but not on lighter skinned players. Just making sure im not going crazy or wrong setup or something.

ok my bad. just make it clear. I thought you're concerned of having no sweat with his global for kobe type and not on light skinned players. (Y)
jp10_pogi

Postby PennyGarnett on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:55 pm

(Y) SJ, amazing work! I was a big fan of your work in 2k12. Take your time, and thank you for all of your efforts!
PennyGarnett

Postby .aristotle on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:48 pm

definitely love what you've been doing. this outcome takes the cake!

here are photos with the FXAA + ENB

.aristotle

Postby Kinggdawg on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:44 pm

I don't see sweat on players whiter than Kobe :(
The King
LeBron James #23
CLEVELAND CAVALIERS
Kinggdawg

Postby jp10_pogi on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Kinggdawg wrote:I don't see sweat on players whiter than Kobe :(

cause the global you downloaded is for kobe skin type. SJ is not done yet with the rest.
jp10_pogi

Postby Like A Boss on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:04 pm

Bro SJ, sorry I can't test your global since my test is on next week and I cannot play :(
Like A Boss
Bulls

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding