Bugs & Glitches

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Re: Bugs & Glitches

Postby daninoz on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Bug description: Allen Iverson in Practice

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): All of them.

Game Mode: Practice

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Choose 76ers 00-01 in Practice Mode.

daninoz

Postby karlsanada10 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:15 pm

Bug description: Don't sub me out/ No feedback from coach

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): PC. Not sure about the others

Game Mode: My Career

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:
Not really sure what happened. Was playing with the Rockets. And they didn't sub me out nor hear a feedback from the coach.
karlsanada10

Postby R10barca on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:21 pm

Roonie 2k announced 4 hour ago patch for my Career realesed 10-14 days.
R10barca

Postby PeoplesChamp on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:45 pm

R10barca wrote:Roonie 2k announced 4 hour ago patch for my Career realesed 10-14 days.

Don't count on it being released for the PC within 14 days. There will probably be one official patch for the PC, released somewhere in 2013.
PeoplesChamp

Postby TessellatedMind on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Bug Description: CPU doesn't run plays if Run Plays option is set to ON
Platform: PC
Game Mode: MyCareer

Bug Description: PlayVision settings can't be saved. They must be set in every game.
If I'm not reading or rocking out, I'm probably walking or watching others walk.
TessellatedMind

Postby pravilaudavila on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Bug description: Cant Change Graphics

Platform : PC

Game Mode: All mods

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: When i go in video settings and change the graphics i must put everything on low cause i have a bad pc and when i go in a game player details and crowd and stadium is all on high and the game lags as hell even dough i put low details , even when i exit the game to desktop and enter it again everything is set on low but in game again lags , it accepts all graphics changes like resoluiton vsync , floor reflection except player and crowd details and stadium i cant set it , in 2k12 everything worked fine so i copied the the config from 2k12 from %appdata% to 2k13 but still all details on high , anyone knows the solution
pravilaudavila

Postby Nypper on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Bug Description: since I went above 1 million fans, I do not receive anymore messages from fans and all of the previous messages that I received since the beginning of Mycareer disappeared.

What is strange is that the number of fans keeps increasing game after game. For example, I just played against Miami and Chalmers + Battier became fans of me; or only Sean Kingston remained "unlocked" in the celibrities fan.

Nypper

Postby Pimp Daddy Wite Boy on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:09 pm

Bug description:
Wearing the Hyperdunk PLUS shoes in your MyCareer doesnt show the replay it should properly.

Platform (PC/X360/PS3):
PC

Game Mode:
MyCareer

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:
Putting on the Hyperdunk PLUS shoes is supposed to show a replay when you dunk showing the vertical that you achieved. In MyCareer itll show a black screen with the logos showing and the flashes on the ground where your foot steps where(sometimes that doesnt even work)

solovoy wrote:Bug description: Allen Iverson in Practice

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): All of them.

Game Mode: Practice

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Choose 76ers 00-01 in Practice Mode.

and LOL at this. super bug, how is he supposed to make his team mates better, with practice?
Pimp Daddy Wite Boy

Postby zoeshadow on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Bug description: Can't Save various Sliders/other settings

Platform : PC

Game Mode: All

You can only save different rosters now, You can't save different Sliders or settings...
zoeshadow

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:51 am

They need to fix the scoreboard bug ASAP. I really can't understand how this got by the testers before it was released. It's riduculous that the score isn't being posted throughout the game, and you have to pause the game to see it.
Uncle Drew

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:58 am

zoeshadow, Pistol, both issues have been worked around in my 2K13 Workarounds Tool.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:11 am

Leftos wrote:zoeshadow, Pistol, both issues have been worked around in my 2K13 Workarounds Tool.

Glad you came up with a temporary fix, however, where do you install the files to make it work? I saw the read-me and it doesn't explain what to do outside of running the game in windowed mode.
Uncle Drew

Postby Bilbut on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:59 am

karlsanada10 wrote:Bug description: Don't sub me out/ No feedback from coach

Not really sure what happened. Was playing with the Rockets. And they didn't sub me out nor hear a feedback from the coach.

Not exactly the same, but I wasn't subbed for the entire second half. I wonder if it is because I received really bad feedback from my coach ('If you keep it like that, you're out' and so on). And of course, my SG played C, AF and SF.
Bilbut

Postby Kristo on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:31 am

Bilbut wrote:

Not exactly the same, but I wasn't subbed for the entire second half. I wonder if it is because I received really bad feedback from my coach ('If you keep it like that, you're out' and so on). And of course, my SG played C, AF and SF.

In my opinion it happens when you have dynamic goal to complete. For example you have to bring your team within 5 points and you won't be subbed until it's completed. I guess it happens with other dynamic goals also, but those you can fail (make next 3 shots etc) and after you cant complete it anymore, you'll be subbed again. At least it has been this way for me, maybe it's just coincidence, but who knows...
English is not my native language.
Kristo

Postby fjswish on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:06 pm

Bug description: Social Media Dissapearing / Blacked out tweets

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): PC

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: I don't know, after finishing my 15th game, the Social media tweets were gone.
fjswish

Postby Nypper on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:31 pm

franqito10 wrote:Bug description: Social Media Dissapearing / Blacked out tweets

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: I don't know, after finishing my 15th game, the Social media tweets were gone.

Did you go above 1 million fans just after the 15th game? because It happened for me after my 15th game and at the same time I went above 1 million fans.

Just a detail for the developpers to know what's exactly the problem; either the step of 15th game or the step of 1 million fans or both maybe...
Nypper

Postby Bilbut on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Kristo wrote:
Bilbut wrote:

In my opinion it happens when you have dynamic goal to complete. For example you have to bring your team within 5 points and you won't be subbed until it's completed. I guess it happens with other dynamic goals also, but those you can fail (make next 3 shots etc) and after you cant complete it anymore, you'll be subbed again. At least it has been this way for me, maybe it's just coincidence, but who knows...

I think you are right, because it did happen after been given this dynamic goal of 'within 5 points'. But sometimes it is just not possible... :(
Bilbut

Postby iWarrior on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Bug description: Crash after First Game

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): PC (Freezes on the Console)

Game Mode: MyCAREER

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Play the very first game of the season, after the game is finished when you click on "Quit" the process closes and you're sent to the desktop (CTD).
iWarrior

Postby karlsanada10 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:12 am

Bilbut wrote:
Kristo wrote:
Bilbut wrote:

I think you are right, because it did happen after been given this dynamic goal of 'within 5 points'. But sometimes it is just not possible... :(

Well, that makes sense. But I keep getting that goal.-.-
karlsanada10

Postby Houndy on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:48 am

Bug description:
No Music playing at all; not during the pre-game little hype video, not on the menu's, but in games
Platform (PC/X360/PS3):
Xbox
Game Mode:
Menus/Pre-Game
Play a MyTeam game
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Kristo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 am

karlsanada10 wrote:
Bilbut wrote:
Kristo wrote:
Bilbut wrote:

Well, that makes sense. But I keep getting that goal.-.-

Played few more games, it happens only with "bring your team within XX points", other DGs doesn't make you unsubstitutable (is that a word? :D ) That bug is really annoying, since sometimes you just can't bring your team close enough and you have to play almost whole game. Hope they fix it (by March :lol: )
English is not my native language.
Kristo

Postby Nypper on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:01 am

Nypper wrote:
franqito10 wrote:Bug description: Social Media Dissapearing / Blacked out tweets

Did you go above 1 million fans just after the 15th game? because It happened for me after my 15th game and at the same time I went above 1 million fans.

Just a detail for the developpers to know what's exactly the problem; either the step of 15th game or the step of 1 million fans or both maybe...

UPDATE

After the 20th game, social medias are back. Maybe it's just temporary.

By the way, I noticed that the bug also affected ingame datas such as "shot impressions"; I mean that when you make a bad shot, the logo becomes red or when your shot is good, the logo is green; thus, at the same time of social media bug, the color was white during "shot impressions" and now as the social medias are back, the right colors are back. Maybe it's linked in some ways...
Nypper

Postby iWarrior on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:47 am

I don't know if you guys noticed, but Operation Sports also has a similar thread to this one and Ronnie2K happened to spot that list. So i was wondering if someone could send this bugs list to him so hopefully they'll fix the PC bugs aswell?
iWarrior

Postby Leftos on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:48 am

Feel free to tweet him, but last year we just got the fixes consoles got a few months late. Nothing PC specific.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby fjswish on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:27 am

Nypper wrote:
Nypper wrote:

UPDATE

After the 20th game, social medias are back. Maybe it's just temporary.

By the way, I noticed that the bug also affected ingame datas such as "shot impressions"; I mean that when you make a bad shot, the logo becomes red or when your shot is good, the logo is green; thus, at the same time of social media bug, the color was white during "shot impressions" and now as the social medias are back, the right colors are back. Maybe it's linked in some ways...

Yes, I went above the 1 million fans and then I got this social media bug. I didn't get to the 20th game yet so I don't know if the bug stops there.

The color thing, I haven't notice that.
Thank you for the response.
fjswish

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13