NBA 2K13 Sliders Thread

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

NBA 2K13 Sliders Thread

Postby Like A Boss on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Yeah, I know I felt this game was great already than 2K12. I felt the need of making a sliders thread so that it will be easier to find slider releases.
Like A Boss
Bulls

Re: NBA 2K13 Sliders Thread

Postby Leftos on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:29 pm

We can do slider discussion here, but if you have a particular slider set you want to release, you can do so in the Releases subforum just like sevin0seven and I did for 2K12, once it is set-up today by Andrew.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby TessellatedMind on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:53 am

From what I understood, the game mechanics are the same as 2K12. If so, any sliders could work here.

Can anyone confirm this?
If I'm not reading or rocking out, I'm probably walking or watching others walk.
TessellatedMind

Postby The X on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:26 am

Anybody got some ideas on where to start with sliders to get game playing a little more fun like it was in demo (I know demo was imbalanced in areas but I just want to start there as a base)?

Start with default sliders? Demo had a little more speed, more fastbreaks, right stick control seemed more fluent. Looks like they might've toned down for actual release.

I can do sliders myself, just need some ideas on where to start and what main sliders I need to mess with.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby jp10_pogi on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:05 pm

I also observed an imbalance scoring with the default sliders.
We just have to experiment the sliders and surely someone will release a BETTER sliders soon.
Don't Criticize, HYPERize!
jp10_pogi

Postby hova- on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:50 am

X, I suggest to play around with the "Player speed" "Game Speed" in the menu before games and the quickness slider to get the perfect speed for fast breaks without making the game too arcadish.

Apart from that I lowered the jumping slider by a lot, changed "off reb" and "def reb" slider to nerf off rebounding, lowered "ball handling" and "dunks in traffic" as well as "dunking" in general.

I might up the blocking as I really nerfed the jumping slider to get good blocking numbers. Right now only "erasers" seem to get blocks. I also decreased "hands" a bit. I increased "strenght" but not sure if it is needed like last year.

Stealing has to be reduced a bit, since all those Sig Skills regarding stealing the ball make it easy to get steals, imho too easy.

Just some ideas so far.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby AcE_ on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:24 am

i was annoyed by how much the offensive rebounds the cpu got. so if you guys had that problem set the offensive rebound to 15-20 (for CPU setting). also the help defense was terrible imo. the cpu just needed one screen and can dunk right to the basket so i set the help defense it to 100 (user setting). feels so much better but i think its easier to score and such.
AcE_

Postby The X on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:20 am

hova- wrote:X, I suggest to play around with the "Player speed" "Game Speed" in the menu before games and the quickness slider to get the perfect speed for fast breaks without making the game too arcadish.

Apart from that I lowered the jumping slider by a lot, changed "off reb" and "def reb" slider to nerf off rebounding, lowered "ball handling" and "dunks in traffic" as well as "dunking" in general.

I might up the blocking as I really nerfed the jumping slider to get good blocking numbers. Right now only "erasers" seem to get blocks. I also decreased "hands" a bit. I increased "strenght" but not sure if it is needed like last year.

Stealing has to be reduced a bit, since all those Sig Skills regarding stealing the ball make it easy to get steals, imho too easy.

Just some ideas so far.

Thanks for the tips. Once I get a chance to play more, will play around with it.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby RedPhazon8 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:19 pm

As a Sim/Coach/Spec player I'm slowly figuring out a good set to kinda balance out the a game a bit, here's what I've had issues/fixed so far. Going off All-Star difficulty and Sim Sliders:

~ Offensive rebounding happens too often so I lowered it to 25 and brought up def rebounding to 75, seems to have helped out a bit.
~ Points in the paint is too high for me so I brought up Mid-Range to 75 and lowered drives to 25, mainly because guards attack all the time and usually don't look for mid-range shots.
~ For drives it didn't lower frequency for drive heavy players such as Derrick Rose, he still attacks at a good rate but it's not as heavy.
~ I increased defensive awareness to 75 to fix the horrible coverage of picks and screens, and since I lowered drives it should force more mid-range shots.
~ I lowered all the success sliders for all shots by 5 to help lower field goal percentage, mainly because vanilla sim sliders had people shooting 60% with around 50%-60% team shooting.
~ The main issue I have right now is the pace of the game off rebounds, more often then not teams go into fast break mode and I'm trying to figure out a good way to lower the amount of times they do that.

Other then that I like the game a lot so far, I just need something to get the pace to slow down a little bit off defensive rebounds.
RedPhazon8

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:18 am

AcE_ wrote:i was annoyed by how much the offensive rebounds the cpu got. so if you guys had that problem set the offensive rebound to 15-20 (for CPU setting). also the help defense was terrible imo. the cpu just needed one screen and can dunk right to the basket so i set the help defense it to 100 (user setting). feels so much better but i think its easier to score and such.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem right here!! I'm going to give this a try!!

Also, the computer leaks out like crazy and get wide open, breakaway dunks all the time

Operation Sports has a decent sliders thread, but I'm having more problems with the AI rather than the game play
ThaLiveKing

Postby RedPhazon8 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:44 pm

I uploaded a video on some of the new changes I made, tell me if it helps you guys out if you decided to try them out.

phpBB [video]
RedPhazon8

Postby Jowe on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:21 pm

RedPhazon8 wrote:As a Sim/Coach/Spec player I'm slowly figuring out a good set to kinda balance out the a game a bit, here's what I've had issues/fixed so far. Going off All-Star difficulty and Sim Sliders:

~ Offensive rebounding happens too often so I lowered it to 25 and brought up def rebounding to 75, seems to have helped out a bit.
~ Points in the paint is too high for me so I brought up Mid-Range to 75 and lowered drives to 25, mainly because guards attack all the time and usually don't look for mid-range shots.
~ For drives it didn't lower frequency for drive heavy players such as Derrick Rose, he still attacks at a good rate but it's not as heavy.
~ I increased defensive awareness to 75 to fix the horrible coverage of picks and screens, and since I lowered drives it should force more mid-range shots.
~ I lowered all the success sliders for all shots by 5 to help lower field goal percentage, mainly because vanilla sim sliders had people shooting 60% with around 50%-60% team shooting.
~ The main issue I have right now is the pace of the game off rebounds, more often then not teams go into fast break mode and I'm trying to figure out a good way to lower the amount of times they do that.

Other then that I like the game a lot so far, I just need something to get the pace to slow down a little bit off defensive rebounds.

What are the typical points in the paint like for the cpu? I'm getting ravaged and pillaged for open dunks constantly by the cpu. Doesn't help that my cpu teammates are oblivious to cutters :roll:
Fee Nick's Uns [15-10] says:
i'd suck allen iverson's cock any day -
Fee Nick's Uns [15-10] says:
just so i could say i've met allen iverson
Jowe

Postby RedPhazon8 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:26 am

Jowe wrote:
What are the typical points in the paint like for the cpu? I'm getting ravaged and pillaged for open dunks constantly by the cpu. Doesn't help that my cpu teammates are oblivious to cutters :roll:

Those changes are different then my video fyi, but without editing anything other then shot success sliders I ended up with 80pts in the paint with a score of 104, that's way to high. I haven't played a full game with my video edited ones but so far shot distribution is defiantly better.
RedPhazon8

Postby jp10_pogi on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:20 pm

try help defense to 100
Don't Criticize, HYPERize!
jp10_pogi

Postby illusiondrmr on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:08 pm

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... iders.html

Ain't no sliders atm (i doubt that its a slider matter) that can produce realistic stats for 12mins quarters. CPU keep the pace of the game extremely high and rarely shooting and the end of 24sec attack. Those sliders are perfect for 11mins/q and im using them on superstar/HOF level.
illusiondrmr

Postby JBulls on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:30 pm

I had to reduce all mine and the cpu's offensive sliders to 0.4 in order not to always get scores like 130-125 every game :shock:
JBulls

Postby RedPhazon8 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Only issue I have with rising help D is it doesn't solve some of the issues on defense, but I'd recommend following my video and at least trying those changes out. It's just a few basic edits other then the more complex sets I've seen, the only real issue will be games that are simmed, there's not much I can do about them.
RedPhazon8

Postby hova- on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:10 pm

So I came across some guys putting these sliders together:

Game Speed: 52
Quickness: 100/100
Ball handling: 10/10
On Ball D: 65/65

At first I thought, 100 Quickness + 52 game speed should be sick, way too fast. But somehow it works together with the ball handling and the game has the right speed if you ask me. You can blow by defenders, but the overall game is not unrealistically quick. Dribbling isn't overpowered cause of the ball handling. Seems a good idea. I'm working on it.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mile23 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:32 am

I think the game speed over 45 is too quickly to be realistic
My Fictional Courts - HERE
Mile23

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:29 am

This year, I'm trying to just do the sliders myself. I love how the game plays and while slider sets I find usually improve realism, they kill the fun factor for me.

RIght now, here's what I'm running with:
9 minute quarters - Pro difficulty
Everything Simulation Mode Sliders except:
Default Shooting Sliders
Shot gather def 55, release def 55
Pass Accuracy at 55 (personal preference)
Def Reb 65, Off Reb 35
Vertical 35
Dunking 55
Blocking 100
Def Awareness 70

Perhaps a little arcade-y but they're a work in progress and I get realistic stats (on 9 minute quarters mind you). I don't mind and actually prefer the shorter games as well as the pace so I don't mess with the game speed.
Lamrock

Postby Mile23 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:31 am

I also myself right sliders. I found a lot of good, but none of what I'm looking for the game ....
Mile23

Postby hova- on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Lamrock wrote:This year, I'm trying to just do the sliders myself. I love how the game plays and while slider sets I find usually improve realism, they kill the fun factor for me.

RIght now, here's what I'm running with:
9 minute quarters - Pro difficulty
Everything Simulation Mode Sliders except:
Default Shooting Sliders
Shot gather def 55, release def 55
Pass Accuracy at 55 (personal preference)
Def Reb 65, Off Reb 35
Vertical 35
Dunking 55
Blocking 100
Def Awareness 70

Perhaps a little arcade-y but they're a work in progress and I get realistic stats (on 9 minute quarters mind you). I don't mind and actually prefer the shorter games as well as the pace so I don't mess with the game speed.

Don't know about the passing. Imho it's too easy to heave it upcourt. So I lowered the passing to 45. In comparison to last year, this does not kill the game by letting PGs throw away the ball on easy passes. But on 12 mins quarters it really gives you a good amount of non stealing turnovers.

Blocking at 100 looks interesting. I also lowered the vertical by a lot and with blocking at 70 I still dont get enough blocked shots. So I might try to go with 100 and the lower it if needed.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mile23 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:42 pm

bothers me the most is not enough free throws ... Does anyone know what needs to be adjusted to that?
Mile23

Postby illusiondrmr on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:07 am

Yes, you have to set all the foul sliders to 100 except shooting at 90.
illusiondrmr

Postby Mile23 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:58 am

I'm going to try it :)
Mile23

Next

Return to NBA 2K13