NLSC Podcast - Episode #5

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

NLSC Podcast - Episode #5

Postby Leftos on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:11 am

Episode #5 (September 17)

Hosts: Pdub, JaoSming, Leftos

The NLSC Podcast is back again this week to discuss all that's been going on. Pdub, JaoSming and Leftos go through:

• The official NBA Live 13 trailer
  • The news that NBA Live 13 won't be released early October
  • What Live 13 can do to become a viable alternative
  • NBA 2K13 adding just one retro team to the roster compared to last year
  • Its (lack of?) updates in Offline Association
  • EA's recent job listings and what that could mean for the future of the Live franchise
  • The possibility of 2K having hired a new Senior Online Producer, and whether that could lead into a proper online experience
  • Being able to earn 2K13's virtual currency in any mode, and whether that would lead to "cheating" in MyCareer
  • The official and olympic NBA 2K 13 trailers, and whether 2K will ever be able to fully simulate the style of basketball of the good ol' days
  • The second Question of the Week, and it's a two-fold one!

Click here to listen to the show!

Question of the Week: '92 vs. '12, and your favorite game mode
With NBA 2K13 including the '92 Dream Team and '12 Olympic Team, and the Olympic trailer and its cliffhanger firing up the discussion on who would win once again, we want to know which team you're going to use once the game hits, and why. If, however, you couldn't care less about this particular match-up, what is your first thing to do once the game hits? Which mode are you going to explore first?

Just FYI, the podcast was recorded yesterday, before the 2K13 demo announcement and the confirmation of Crew not being in this year. Don't forget to give us your comments on this week's episode, as well as your answer to the Question of the Week, in this thread. Remember, the Question of the Week is your chance to get fame and lots of money! Well, okay, maybe not.

A second podcast, a very special one actually, will be coming out this week, so keep on the look-out. And of course, we'll be back next week as well with all the news.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #5

Postby Radio95X on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:07 am

Another great Podcast guys, I upload a new promo to sound cloud for you and version 2 of the Intro hope
you can use them in some way. let me know what you think.
Radio95X

Postby Leftos on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:13 am

We're aware Radio95X, and thanks for your submission. We'll be starting to utilize community intros soon enough.

Glad you liked the podcast.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Nick on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:46 pm

I could care less about the dream team matchup. When i first get the game i do things like this:
1. Scroll through the rosters and edit any players that have overall ratings that really punch me in the face. Save my own roster, that i will likely be editing slowly for the next 10 months.
2. Have a quick look through settings/options, see if anything is different.
3. Play a quick game. Doesn't matter who with. HEY MAYBE DREEM TEEM!!!~!~!~!`1`1!
4. Assuming i've gotten a feel for everything, start an association and let the good times roll.

If Association mode hasn't been improved AGAIN then i will probably sigh to myself and let 2k13 collect dust this year.

(either that or fire up MyCareer mode)
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby The X on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Nick wrote:If Association mode hasn't been improved AGAIN then i will probably sigh to myself and let 2k13 collect dust this year.

That's what 2K12 did for me this year. Just shouldn't have wasted my money on it or sold it very early in the piece.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby RedPhazon8 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:14 am

In terms of the two Olympic team I'd probably go with the Dream team, and if I can move players freely in the manage roster section in game then probably association... as long as it works correctly.
RedPhazon8

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:32 am

Solid analysis as always, fellas. I'll hopefully be able to join in at some point but for the moment I'm really enjoying listening to the shows you guys are putting together.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard