40%
Most likely not
9%
Definitely not!
3%

Total votes : 35

Pre-E3 Poll: Will you buy NBA 2K13?

Postby Andrew on Sun May 20, 2012 11:28 am

We don't have many details on NBA 2K13 yet, but we know that it's coming out and can probably assume it'll have similar features and quality to NBA 2K11 and NBA 2K12. With that in mind...at this point, are you planning on buying NBA 2K13? Why or why not? Do you think you could be persuaded otherwise?

I figure we'll run this poll a couple more times before the game comes out. It'll be interesting to see how the community is influenced by the previews, what changes people's minds.

As for me...I'll definitely be picking it up. It goes hand in hand with running the site really and I don't buy too many new games a year, so it's within the budget to get it along with NBA Live 13.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Pre-E3 Poll: Will you buy NBA 2K13?

Postby RedPhazon8 on Sun May 20, 2012 11:36 am

At this point I might, but I'd have to see where they're going with it from E3 and afterwards. I'm definitely interested though...
RedPhazon8

Postby Mavs4Life on Sun May 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Maybe, all depends on what I said in the Live section.
Mavs4Life

Postby Andrew on Sun May 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Thought they'd be a few more "definitely" votes by now. As I said, it'll be interesting to see if and how things change once the previews start coming out.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon May 21, 2012 1:58 pm

if there is a PC version, it is a buy Day 1. If they drop us, I mean the PC version, then I'm not getting it until the first $40 sales hit a few weeks or months after launch. 2K12 is too buggy to live up to the "not taking a year off" hype, and the complete lack of non-shoe texture updates and DLC blacktop mode didn't gain any trust for 2K in my book either.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Tue May 22, 2012 2:04 am

I just can't imagine 2K without a PC version. I mean sure, it has only been here since 2K9, but I can't imagine me just grabbing it for a console and miss out on all the modding and stuff. Meh. PC version or sticking with last year's. It should be pretty damn impressive to actually persuade me to get it for a console.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Tue May 22, 2012 12:00 pm

JaoSming wrote:if there is a PC version, it is a buy Day 1. If they drop us, I mean the PC version, then I'm not getting it until the first $40 sales hit a few weeks or months after launch.

Good point. In that instance, I'd probably rent first to offer impressions and a review but I'm not sure I'd buy it straight away. I'm guessing they'll continue to release for the PC version, though it'll also continue to be an afterthought in terms of post-release support.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kieran on Tue May 22, 2012 12:08 pm

There HAS to be a PC version, the popularity seems to be pretty big. Like Leftos said, the ability to customize the hell out of it like we do is a big drawcard. 2K have always seemed to have a better approach to improvement too, particularly when it comes to gameplay. The Live series lost me after about 2006 or so as they seemed to not care about the PC product and each year brought little improvement. They'd have to bring out something pretty special for me to dump 2K and go back to them. I don't really have the time to play both. Definitely will purchase 2K13.
Kieran

Postby deihatein on Tue May 22, 2012 3:21 pm

Will definitely get 2k13. Probably because most of my friends expect me too :lol:
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Tue May 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Hellz ya :D

And guys:

Code: Select all
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/nba-2k13/101479

2K12 is my all time favorite Basketball game. Previously, it was 2K11. And in the future I think it will be 2K13 :mrgreen:

People are all posting for Live & against 2K, but in my somewhat opinion, 2K is by far the dominant one here.

BTW, rumors are getting stronger that Lin is the cover? :!: :?:
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Andrew on Wed May 23, 2012 9:23 am

Pre-orders aren't necessarily confirmation, but again I feel quite confident that they'll continue to release 2K for PC.

NBA 2K does have the better game, but not everyone is completely satisfied with it and some feel it's time for a change. That's why there is so much interest in NBA Live's return. NBA Live has a chance to make a strong comeback, but anyone who feels it will overtake 2K in just one year is setting the bar too high, and I say that as a longtime fan of the Live series.

Where are those rumours coming from? I guess we couldn't rule it out, but I still think they'd go for a bigger name.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Spree#8 on Thu May 24, 2012 1:21 am

SoF'nAwesome wrote:People are all posting for Live & against 2K, but in my somewhat opinion, 2K is by far the dominant one here.

Probably because it has had no competition for the past two years. Like, literally none at all.
Andrew wrote:NBA Live has a chance to make a strong comeback, but anyone who feels it will overtake 2K in just one year is setting the bar too high, and I say that as a longtime fan of the Live series.

EA can't make Live 13 better than 2K13 themselves, but it's possible if 2K helps them. 2K can help them by glitching just about everything in their game and we've seen they are definitely capable of that. I mean, when compared to 2K12, 2K11 seems almost perfect and we all know that's not the case. But it's fun, a lot of fun in fact, which I can't say for nothing about 2K12. By being so careless about their games and allowing so many bugs to make it to the final version, 2K are handing EA the perfect opportunity to make a strong comeback on a silver platter. Whether EA take advantage or not is to be seen.

As for the poll - most likely not. I've had enough of being frustrated with bugs all over the place and with waiting half a year for a patch just to find out it only fixes a few of many problems and creates some new ones that were not there before. As I've said somewhere else, two conditions must be met for me to buy 2K13 - Live not released for PC and 2K13 being actually a solid game that should have made it through QA.
Spree#8

Postby Andrew on Thu May 24, 2012 10:16 am

It'd have to be pretty glitched. Top to bottom, NBA 2K13 will still very likely be the better release in terms of AI, depth of game modes and the like, though I wouldn't be surprised if NBA Live 13 has better online support. NBA Live 13 still has a chance to put out a respectable game that stacks up fairly well again NBA 2K13 and suggests great promise for future installments.

As for NBA 2K13, they need to stamp out some of these issues once and for all, continue to build on what they've got and lift their game as far as online features are concerned.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby cdj on Thu May 24, 2012 11:00 am

I'm going to wait and see. NBA 2K is an amazing franchise, but some of the issues in 2K12 turned me off - namely the CPU comeback AI, the inability to play online (partly my connection issues, partly 2K issues) and the options (or lack of) within Online Association. If I feel like I can get a complete or enjoyable experience from Live, I'll probably pass on 2K13 this year (or buy it when it gets cheap next spring).
cdj

Postby Axel The Great on Thu May 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Spree#8 wrote:I've had enough of being frustrated with bugs all over the place and with waiting half a year for a patch just to find out it only fixes a few of many problems and creates some new ones that were not there before. As I've said somewhere else, two conditions must be met for me to buy 2K13 - Live not released for PC and 2K13 being actually a solid game that should have made it through QA.

This exactly. (Y) I should not have to pay the full $60 for a game that I have to wait until November/December to be able to play without it breaking down. 2K is just too infested with bugs/glitches for my liking, it makes it frustrating and a little nerve-racking to play. That's not to say a game like Live 10 didn't have its own glitches, but they were small potatoes compared 2K's.

2K13 will be a buy if they actually reduce said glitches, and if they are able to retain the legends from 2K12. I passed on 2K12, mostly because of the bad reviews I read about it and because I still play and enjoy 2K11. Either way, I will not rule out buying both games this year.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Return to NBA 2K13