HonorGlow's Ongoing LAKER Dynasty (NBA Live 2004)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

HonorGlow's Ongoing LAKER Dynasty (NBA Live 2004)

Postby HonorGlow on Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:22 am

First there was Showtime, then there was the Lake show...

now at the twilight of Shaq's monstrous career comes:
"The Clumsy Kids of the NBA": a Laker Dynasty???
[=> In-Depth Web Coverage <=]

Starring:
PG: Spike 'DeadEye' Faulk

SG: Veteran Little 'H.' Gulmatico

PF: All-Star Brian 'the Exception' Cook!

C: 7'6" Thomas 'Big Time' Goldberg

coming at you from a different Laker angle! Yes, these guys can flop, get blocked, and turn the ball over with the best of them!

What no Kobe? no Payton or Malone? A starting five without O'Neal!?!?!

HonorGlow, vGM of the three time NBA Champion Lakers

More to come...I know the suspense is just killing you.
Last edited by HonorGlow on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:56 am, edited 16 times in total.
HonorGlow

Postby Ruff Ryder on Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:34 am

Whats up with the screens? Its this Live 2004?

Interesting Dynasty it looks like. (Y)

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Drex on Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:27 am

Is this a PS2 dynasty?? :?:
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Nick on Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:12 am

It looks to me like the screens have been taken with a digital camera of his TV. ;)
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:22 pm

Sounds interesting. Not many people have done Dynasty/Franchise threads this far into the future. I look forward to the recaps. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby HonorGlow on Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:20 pm

[irrelevant post]
Last edited by HonorGlow on Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HonorGlow

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:15 pm

At the moment I'm playing my Dynasty on the PS2 version, so it's not as easy to take screens. If I was playing on the PC, I'd probably post screens as it's much easier to use the in-game screenshot feature.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Screenshots...

Postby HonorGlow on Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:09 am

Does any PC user out there know how to do this in-game screenshot feature..I'm fairly new to the Live series. Not necessarily basketball though...
now that I think about it…fuzzy mug shots are getting a bit embarrasing..although it's kind of cool knowing what these guys look like…a fuzzy picture may "equal only 500 words"
Thanks!
HonorGlow

Postby alexboom on Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:28 am

to take a screenshot in PC version of NBA Live 2004 you've got 2 solutions :

1/ go to the replay section, and click on the photograph button you have on right bottom or

2/ during the game, press F12

your photos will be saved in bmp format in My Documents/NBA Live 2004/screenshot folder. I suggest you convert them in JPEG format, it will decrease the size of the file so you'll upload it more easily on Internet, and it will be easier for us to view them. You can convert BMP files into JPEG with programs such freeware IrfanView available at www.irfanview.com
alexboom

...gotcha

Postby HonorGlow on Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:30 am

Thanks so much Alex Boom! I will definite try this, and thanks for letting me know where the pics are saved...

For anybody who cares on the progress of Brian Cook's defense:

Laker Power Forward Brian Cook's defense rating over 3 year period

PLAYOFFS ARE HERE: My one hope...Timberwolves vs Lakers, Western Conference Finals! (C'mon KG get out of the first round for once!)
HonorGlow

2005-2006 Playoffs: Kobe-less, Payton-less, Malone-less

Postby HonorGlow on Sun May 02, 2004 9:41 am

Despite a starting line-up that has no clue how to play team ball...the votes are in...

Phew...after a long NBA season the 2006 playoffs are finally here!
2006 Playoff Seedings:
Western Conference
1 Los Angeles Lakers
2 Minnesota
3 Sacramento
4 Memphis
5 Dallas
6 Denver
7 Houston
8 Phoenix Suns

Eastern Conference
1 Chicago
2 Philadelphia
3 Washington
4 New Orleans
5 Orlando
6 Miami
7 Milwaukee
8 Boston

Teams in bold making their first appearance after a significant absence

After dispatching the Phoenix Suns in 5 games for the first round, The newly dubbed Clumsy kids of the NBA faced their greatest challenge, the "never say Die" Dallas Mavericks. As you can see from below, Brian Cook and Company had fight in these closely contested and high-octane bouts:

Game 1: DAL @ LAL Lakers lose 132-128
Game 2: DAL @ LAL Lakers win 156-150
Game 3: LAL @ DAL Lakers win 164-162
Game 4: LAL @ DAL Lakers win 153-149
Game 5: DAL @ LAL Lakers lose 146-144
Game 6: LAL @ DAL Lakers win 164-153

Highlights(or lack thereof):
Game 1: Not taking the Mavericks seriously, the Lakers attempted too many lob passes that...eventually ended up in the stands. Leading to the desperation comeback only to fall short
Game 2: (PG) Spike Faulk goes down with an arm injury sidelining him for the next 3 games
Game 3: Lil H Gulmatico drills the winning bucket with .5 seconds left to seal the win.
Game 5: With a chance to win and the last possesion of the game, Brian Cook inbound pass intended for Gulmatico intercepted. Lakers go on to lose by 2.
Game 6: Back from his injury, Faulk seeks revenge and screams at his team to play their style of ball and goes on a scoring frenzy, draining 72 points for the game. Breaking Michael Jordan's 22 year record of 63 point and pulls the Lakes from under the water to a convincing win.

In other news:
The Timberwolves survive a hard fought 4-2 series against the Kings and will duel the semi-injured Lakers for the Western Conference finals!

More to come...stay tuned!
Last edited by HonorGlow on Wed May 19, 2004 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
HonorGlow

Postby Andrew on Sun May 02, 2004 12:23 pm

Nice read so far. (Y) Could you provide us with any statistics from the regular season? :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Western Conference Finals!

Postby HonorGlow on Thu May 06, 2004 1:00 am

Welcome to 2006 Western Conference Finals featuring the Minnesota Timberwolves and your…
Los Angeles Lakers

Guts, determination, a comeback injury, an overtime, and a controversial game ending call made this 5 game Conference Finals one of the most exciting series in a long time. Still embittered by their 2003 opening round series exit, the T-Wolves were poised to show that the real reason why the yesteryear Lakers left the Twin Cities was simply because the Timberwolves were the real deal in Minneapolis. Here's a pictorial review:

From the outset, Spike Faulk new it was going to be a physical series.

'Big Time' Goldberg always trying to get into the T-wolves' head, goes one step further.

The Laker franchise has quite the admiration when coming back to Minneapolis. So much so, the affection overflows to the referees as well.

Not to be outdone, Sam Cassell returns the sentiments…

Pissed off of his reinjured Game 4 setback, Faulk goes on a scoring tirade in Game 5.

Despite their all out physical play and late comebacks, Minnesota succumbed to Los Angeles, 4 games to 1.

On to the NBA Championship series…with the darkhorse of all the post-season teams, the ORLANDO MAGIC!
HonorGlow

Postby HonorGlow on Sun May 16, 2004 5:42 am

We interupt the 2006 NBA finals to bring this special announcement:

Cocobee - Point Guard, Atlanta Hawks
East Rooke of the Month 2007

PPG 12.5
APG 1.5
RPG 4.3
BPG 0.8
SPG 0.6

Congratulations on an awesome month, keep it coming!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled Dynasty programming...
HonorGlow

Re: Western Conference Finals!

Postby RipHam23232 on Sun May 16, 2004 5:59 am

HonorGlow wrote:Welcome to 2006 Western Conference Finals featuring the Minnesota Timberwolves and your…
Los Angeles Lakers

Guts, determination, a comeback injury, an overtime, and a controversial game ending call made this 5 game Conference Finals one of the most exciting series in a long time. Still embittered by their 2003 opening round series exit, the T-Wolves were poised to show that the real reason why the yesteryear Lakers left the Twin Cities was simply because the Timberwolves were the real deal in Minneapolis. Here's a pictorial review:

From the outset, Spike Faulk new it was going to be a physical series.

'Big Time' Goldberg always trying to get into the T-wolves' head, goes one step further.

The Laker franchise has quite the admiration when coming back to Minneapolis. So much so, the affection overflows to the referees as well.

Not to be outdone, Sam Cassell returns the sentiments…

Pissed off of his reinjured Game 4 setback, Faulk goes on a scoring tirade in Game 5.

Despite their all out physical play and late comebacks, Minnesota succumbed to Los Angeles, 4 games to 1.

On to the NBA Championship series…with the darkhorse of all the post-season teams, the ORLANDO MAGIC!

- In the pic of Cassell playing d down low, is that O' neal he's guarding and if it is i thought o neal wasnt playing for you anymore?
RipHam23232

Re: ...

Postby cocobee on Sun May 16, 2004 6:20 am

HonorGlow wrote:We interupt the 2006 NBA finals to bring this special announcement:

Cocobee - Point Guard, Atlanta Hawks
East Rooke of the Month 2007

PPG 12.5
APG 1.5
RPG 4.3
BPG 0.8
SPG 0.6

Congratulations on an awesome month, keep it coming!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled Dynasty programming...

LOL!!Good stuff man. :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby HonorGlow on Wed May 19, 2004 11:38 am

Welcome to the....
2006 NBA Finals!

Welcoming the Orlando Magic and your Los Angeles Lakers.

Game 1: ORL @ LAL Lakers win 129-121 Leading Scorer: Gulmatico-47
Game 2: ORL @ LAL Lakers win 152-149 Leading Scorer: Elwood-31
Game 3: LAL @ ORL Lakers lose 124-122 Leading Scorer: McGrady 42
Game 4: LAL @ ORL Lakers win 160-153 Leading Scorer: Wagner-71
Game 5: LAL @ ORL Lakers win 147-140 Leading Scorer: Wagner-50

photography: Wally Skalij, Los Angeles Times

Rookie Matthew Wagner just excited to be part of festivities

Whether it was first time jitters, or the Laker's stifling defense, it was obvious that Tracy McGrady was trying a bit too hard offensively.

Tracy McGrady back at home: Ahhhh that's better.

If only they had a pinch/relief dancer for each team, Orlando fans would not have to endure such travesties...

Orlando just didn't have an answer for the diminutive 6'1" Matthew Wagner, filling in again for the oft-injured Faulk.

But in the end, it's Shaq's team that ends victorious in Game 5:

More Re-Caps and interviews to Come!
Last edited by HonorGlow on Tue May 25, 2004 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HonorGlow

Re: Western Conference Finals!

Postby HonorGlow on Wed May 19, 2004 11:55 am

RipHam23232 wrote:- In the pic of Cassell playing d down low, is that O' neal he's guarding and if it is i thought o neal wasnt playing for you anymore?

Actually for that season, he was benched in favor of up and coming rookie, Marty 'Ice' Elwood. He comes in after Elwood got about 10 assists or 10 minutes, whatever pissed off Shaq more...

...plus I had to change the script a little bit, life without the The Big Aristotle would be...unphilosophical! :wink:
HonorGlow

AP Newswire

Postby HonorGlow on Fri May 21, 2004 1:41 pm

O'Neal/ Gulmatico Re-sign With Lakers

July 24, 2006 AP

LOS ANGELES (AP) Free agent Center and Guard, Shaquille O'Neal and 'Little H.' Gulmatico sign three-year contracts with the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday night.

Gulmatico spent the last 3 seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers and helped them win the second set of three straight NBA championships. He agreed to a three-year contract. Gulmatico will reportedly earn about 300,000 points a season. "'Little H.' is a proven winner. He doesn't care about personal accolades although he always seems to hord all the NBA awards to himself. His only concern is winning...and his stats. Other than the latter, there is a reason he helped us achieve greatness the last three years," Lakers General Manager Honor Glow said. "Although clumsy as hell, he does everything well. He can defend. He can run the floor. He polishes my shoes. And - as we all know - he can hit big shots as big as his ego. We're excited to keep a player with his skills, composure, experience and leadership to our team." Gulmatico is coming off an MVP playoff run, when he averaged 36.6 points albeit him leading the league in turnovers and having one of the worst assist to turnover ratio's in league history. In the NBA Finals, the Lakers lost only one game to the Orlando Magic to win the NBA title. During 82 regular-season games, Gulmatico averaged 34.2 points and 9.9 rebounds in 36.2 minutes. Gulmatico, originally a Portland Trailblazer, was traded at the beginning of the 2003-2004 season for Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher, before former General Manager Mitch Kupchak was committed to Cedar Sinai Hospital but after it was too reverse any of the contractual damages.

O'Neal agreed to a three-year contract which reportedly will earn him about 231,700 points a season. O'Neal is coming off his worst three seasons statistically. Since 2005, O'Neal has had to adjust to a small forward role after the emergence of power forward Brian Cook and then rookie, 7'6" center Thomas Goldberg. His minutes were reduced to just 27.2 minutes a game last season. Says GM Honor Glow, "He's been a good sport about it and we've kept winning championships."

As compensation he later added, "at least he doesn't have to polish my shoes"

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2007, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

above: O'Neal loathes his moments in a suit
below: Gulmatico goes through the formalities
Last edited by HonorGlow on Sat May 22, 2004 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
HonorGlow

Postby Bolbronx on Fri May 21, 2004 9:16 pm

hey honorglow, did you get my PM at .org?
Bolbronx

Bolbronx...

Postby HonorGlow on Tue May 25, 2004 4:56 am

Hey Bolbronx! Yes, you'll be in the 2007-2008 Season with Genocide. Cocobee had a good year in 2007 making all rookie Second Team. (If he wasn't shut down by the Lakers in the two games perhaps he would have been First Team :wink: )

Rumour Mill: Honor Glow may be stepping down as GM of the Clumsy Kids in 2007-2008 to also take a stab in the NBA (as Mitch Kupchak is due for Psychiatric review at Cedar Sanai that season) Since he can't play for the Clumsy Kids, anybody have a suggestion where to put him? (Be nice now!) Cavs, Atlanta, Clippers are also out(taken by other affiliates)

I was thinking Memphis in hopes that Kobe may eventually end up there!
HonorGlow

The 2006 NBA Draft

Postby HonorGlow on Fri May 28, 2004 1:12 pm

"With the 2nd pick in the 2006 NBA Draft, the Los Angeles Lakers take Myron Wal.. ...what the F*$#%$ they did it to me again!" - David Stern

June 26, 2006

Draft Dream cascades in midpronunciation
By Stefen Honsen, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

Myron Walker took his first steps when Magic Johnson kareem-ed his famous 'junior junior sky hook' He cried at age four when Michael Jordan made the go ahead shot in Game 2 of the 1991 NBA Finals. So, it was no surprise that long-time Laker aficianado and Shaw University star was in dread with the anticipation of how Commissioner Stern would finish off his NBA inductory sentence at yesterday's Draft Day.

With a mild mannered calm in Stern's voice, he re-aligned his near mid-air collision statement, "...um, pick Myron Walker and future considerations to be traded to the New York Knicks for Mario Kapov."

And like that, Center Myron Walker's dreams of sunny California and Staples Center riots were shattered.

Future Considerations? It was Walker whose future was considered a shoe-in with the three time champions, after he left Shaw after his Sophomore year with scouts and agents touting that the Lakers were in desperate need of this backup Center- having an indefensible inside game and a veteran's understanding that makes Karl Malone feel like he was in kindergarten.

Understandably so, it was visibly noticeable that Walker was in tears by the time he reached the podium to shake the Commissioner's hands. From heaven to Purgatory in less time than .4 seconds.

Immediately afterwards, says Knicks President Isaiah Thomas, "With the Lakers also weak at Power Forward, I knew we had the upper hand on them. Number 1 or Number 2, it doesn't matter, we got the man[Walker] we wanted and THEN SOME. Honor Glow owes me big time!"

Of course Thomas is talking about Laker General Manager Honor Glow, who's known for his wild wild west trade trigger. His resume: Kobe Bryant/Derek Fisher for unknown Little H, Rick Fox for Marko Jaric, Devean George for a draft pick. This latest trade could very well be his Russian Roullette if first overall pick and England born Mario Kapov doesn't pan out the way he expects. Kapov is more known for his suaveness with the ladies back in the motherland, hence his collegiate nickname of "Smoove".

But Honor Glow begs to differ that "Smoove" also describes Kapov's beautiful mad power hop and quickness that envies Alan Iverson. "Unbeknownest to many, Brian[Cook](Laker starting Center) and I had a long talk in regards to what we felt we needed to continue our championship run, " reflected Glow, "we both agreed that his development was a bit arrested this year and would be best that we brought a high profile Power Forward in Kapov to not only break down our opponent's defense but also bring in the female crowd with Kapov's stunning good demeanor and Pierce Brosnan Accent." Unfortunately, Cook has been somewhat lacking in those latter two qualities.

Honor Glow, in his response to compensating New York for the 1st pick, continued, "we have to give up something more at the backend during the regular season but for the total concession stand value it'll return, my goodness I'm fricken excited."

Noted Walker at the post-draft party, "I don't have any animosity towards the Lakes and I wish them all the best. But they better be watching out for me as soon as they step onto the Garden floor...if they even get that far"

Training camp starts in mid-October.

Team Captains 'Little H' Gulmatico and Shaquille O'Neal welcom Kapov at training camp
Last edited by HonorGlow on Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
HonorGlow

The Season 2006-2007

Postby HonorGlow on Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:27 pm

2006 Draft notables:
PG T. Gallagher TOR Rating: 74
PF M.Kapov LAL Rating: 71
SG L.Higgs UTAH Rating: 68

Welcome to...
Will the Clumsy Kids win their 4th Straight Title?
Contract years for Goldberg, Cook, and Faulk...which two will stay?
Is Los Angeles big enough for two Gulmaticos?

Stay tune for more Los Angeles Times articles!
Last edited by HonorGlow on Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HonorGlow

Postby Jay-Peso on Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:33 am

I sent you my cyberface, thanks again. :D
What you know bout that?
Jay-Peso

Postby HonorGlow on Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:16 am

Not a problem, INFRAR3D...actually I should be able to get you in my current year so we won't have to wait until the following Draft.

As I always state...more fun to come!
HonorGlow

Next

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame