NBA Live 07 Files Questions

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

NBA Live 07 Files Questions

Postby C r o s b y on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:48 pm

First off, I'd like to thank you guys for doing these downloads/updates etc. because it adds so much more fun to the game.

Now, I have a few questions. I just bought NBA Live 07 because I had a couple dollars left on a gift card and was just looking for something little to buy. I also just downloaded these files...

nets_updates
Transitions
ESPN GAME Intro Logo 07
ESPN Overlays v2.2
ESPN Playoffs Transition 07
ESPN Score Overlay
espn awesome 2012
MXA AIACT 5.0
zenvcmn
p07v41

So when I get NBA Live 07 and have it installed where am I putting all those files I downloaded?

And can I use all of them at the same time?

I mainly just want to use files that will add better graphics (if that's possible), rosters/teams/logos/etc, and maybe the ESPN overlays.

Actually one last question, does anyone know of a mod for better graphics? I couldn't find it in the 07 section anywhere. Thanks again, and any help would be appreciated.
C r o s b y

Re: NBA Live 07 Files Questions

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:59 pm

You can only have one type of transition update installed at a time. Likewise, there might be a clash between the different overlay/scoreboard updates.

Note that not all AIACT files are compatible with all roster updates. I cannot guarantee that the NLSC rosters - that's p07v41 - will work properly with that AIACT. That's something you'll just have to try out, keep a backup of the original AIACT handy in case you need to restore it.

Most updates should come with a readme file that mentions where they need to be installed if it's not clear or a little out of the ordinary but generally speaking art updates - courts, jerseys, faces etc - go in the sgsm folder, which by default is C:\Program Files\EA Sports\NBA Live 07\sgsm. If the files are in .fsh and .ebo format, they are placed directly in the sgsm folder. If they are in .viv format, they must go in subfolders (stadia for court files, uniforms for jersey files). Roster files are placed in the saves folder, which is found under your Documents in the NBA Live 07 folder.

Note that the NLSC update (p07v41) contains an installation file that should place the files in the right place automatically and includes a file with instructions on what to do if the art files are misplaced, which does happen for some people running the install.exe file.

For the most part, the art updates you'll find try to enhance the graphics and different lighting updates also aim to improve the game's aesthetics, but there's only so much we can do editing a game that is ported from the Xbox/PS2 version. We basically have to work within the limitations.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Download the SUM Mod .....
KOBE: CHASING PERFECTION
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby C r o s b y on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:43 am

Blake_Bryant wrote:Download the SUM Mod .....

Link please
C r o s b y

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:06 am

It's in the NBA Live 07 section of our Downloads database. Note that it's an old release though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:37 pm

C r o s b y, A tip from an old player ( altough I'm just 15),

Download SUM

Install the SUM MOD,

Then, Download Andrew's Updates ... p07.4.1?

Then install ...

If you want an updated roster 2011-2012 ... pm me ...

:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby C r o s b y on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:01 am

Could someone give me a small tutorial on what to do with these files/where to put them, etc. I'm having trouble. All I pretty much would like to do is just update the rosters/logos to the 11/12 season. I looked in the download section and couldn't find a 11/12 season link but someone said something about using nba live 08 downloads. Could I use a 11/12 roster update from that section? But like I said, if someone could put a small tutorial, after I download it, what I do in the following steps. I'd really appreciate it.
C r o s b y

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:12 am

Not without converting the rosters first. You can check out Blake_Bryant's thread for more information on that.

In my first reply, I mentioned where to place files:

Most updates should come with a readme file that mentions where they need to be installed if it's not clear or a little out of the ordinary but generally speaking art updates - courts, jerseys, faces etc - go in the sgsm folder, which by default is C:\Program Files\EA Sports\NBA Live 07\sgsm. If the files are in .fsh and .ebo format, they are placed directly in the sgsm folder. If they are in .viv format, they must go in subfolders (stadia for court files, uniforms for jersey files). Roster files are placed in the saves folder, which is found under your Documents in the NBA Live 07 folder.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby uly on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:41 pm

hey does the SUM mod has some logos of batch of draftees?batch 1996 up to 2008? jersey also and court?
uly

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Nope. Just from 07 ... if you think the draft teams .. refer to TUP.
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby uly on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:53 pm

oh!can you give the link to this?
uly

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:45 pm

TUP. 08 section
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby uly on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:42 am

i tried it (BLAKE_BRYANT) but still there's no logos of DRAFtEEs.. can you help me where to find these?
uly

Return to NBA Live 07