Re: Andrew's Updates: Final 2010/2011 Rosters; Knicks Logos

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Thanks, always nice to hear that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates: Final 2010/2011 Rosters; Knicks Logos

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:18 pm

First post has been reorganised and updated with links for the new Downloads section.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates: Rosters; Updated Wizards Logo, Team Bo

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:47 am

Here are fixed versions of the Wizards logos and the NBA Team Logos bootup screen (with the fixed Wizards logo), using the logo exported from NBA 2K12.

Washington Wizards 2011/2012 Logo Patch

NBA Team Logos Bootup Screen 06

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates: Upcoming Projects

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:39 pm

I must stress that no releases are imminent at this time, but I did want to post a quick update on what I'm working on and the rough order I expect to have those projects out in.

Updated rosters for the 2011/2012 season

New current rosters are my top priority at this time. Please note that I cannot and will not set a date, but my aim is to have them out as soon as possible. In the meantime, I certainly welcome any contributions of art updates for the 2012 season; I'll try to get the stickied list updated as soon as possible so that we have a checklist for the NLSC update and possibly TUP as well, since there's obviously some overlap there in art requirements.

New versions of LIVE JAM

Call it the "On Fire Edition"...edition. Because they're based on the current rosters, they'll be coming next but I'll be tweaking the concept a bit as far as the rosters are concerned and looking to add some new stuff if possible.

Updated ESPN transitions

I found a good sized image with the new NBA on ESPN logo, so I'll be making some new transitions. These might actually come between the current rosters and other projects, as it's a relatively quick update to make.

Historical project

At some point, I'd like to take a shot at a historical project based on the Jordan Challenge and NBA's Greatest. There's already some historical art updates out there so if the creators are willing to share those assets, they should be fairly easy to make. However, I have been experimenting with a few ideas for presentation.

Basically, it involves taking the art files and changing the textures to greyscale. By having two different sets of files for teams like Russell's Celtics, we can have a team that can face off against a historical opponent in complete black and white, along with a version that's in full colour to bring them into the modern era. Basically it involves:

- Greyscale court and arena textures
- Greyscale faces and skin files, with a different PLAYERPKG
- Plain white socks and black shoes assigned to black and white teams
- Greyscale jersey, with a different filename and separate entry in teamgear.dbf
- Duplicate portrait for players to match the second PLAYERPKG value

I expect only a few teams would require 60s presentation, so it wouldn't be too much work. The ball can obviously be greyscale as well but you'd need to switch the art files back and forth in the sgsm folder to go between the colour ball and greyscale ball. That could always be done with a batch file though.

Anyway, that's a bit of a far off project, one that'll come after the current updates and LIVE JAM. But I wanted to show everyone something I'd be messing around with recently.

Cartoon/Cel-Shaded Lighting

Based on the effects in the Legends Showcase DLC for NBA 2K12. I was originally messing around with the lighting file to try and replicate the black and white presentation before I figured changing the textures to greyscale would be easier and much more effective, during which time I accidentally put a black outline around players. I wish I'd kept that version of my messed up file though because I've subsequently thought I could use that effect for a cartoonish/cel-shaded look but wouldn't you know it, I haven't been able to replicate the effect I stumbled across by accident. :doh: Something else I'll fool around with in between the larger and higher priority projects.

So that's about it. No release dates as yet, so please don't ask or bug me about that. ;) I will do my best to have the current rosters out as soon as possible though and again, I'd very much appreciate any contributions of art updates for the new season. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackie Kong on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:31 am

Andrew, thanks for keeping the nba live community alive and thanks for all the roster updates you made over the last decade. It doesn't matter if you don't include a release date in the next roster update. What matters is that you intend to release one.

It is a shame that you never received the credit you deserve from nba live producers. Maybe, that is one of the reasons why they are where they are. They don't deserve you. I find pretty obvious that they should have hired you to make the game official rosters because your roster always have been more official than the nba live roster to people. In fact, i found out about the nba-live community playing nba live online. Everyone used your roster so i figured i needed to find out what the fuss was all about. :D
Jackie Kong

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Appreciate the kind words. :) It should be noted that unofficial rosters can do things that official rosters cannot, like adding missing legends and the like, so in a way we actually have an advantage over the developers here (who also have to immediately start working on the next game once one is out). If I were to do the updates for EA, I'd find myself handicapped by the same limitations. In this case, it definitely helps to be unofficial. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby paklitro on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Andrew exits NLSC 4.1 roster update for NBA Live 06???
paklitro

Postby paklitro on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:26 pm

I just find it. sorry for the inconvenience!
paklitro

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:44 am

No problem. For anyone who's wondering, all my releases for 06 can be found in the first post in this thread. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Updated player names are updated in the NBA PC mod... right?
KOBE: CHASING PERFECTION
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:03 pm

You mean the audio files?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Aha ... :(
KOBE: CHASING PERFECTION
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:36 pm

The ones that have been in the past few updates will continue to be included, but nick_collison doesn't seem to be around anymore so there won't be any new ones in the foreseeable future.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackie Kong on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:46 pm

All the files in the 1st page (Logos, Presentation & Front-End, etc.) other than the "NBA Live PC Project for NBA Live 06 v4.1" files are excluded from the NBA Live PC Project (Full Package) or some are in and some are not? I am trying to figure out what i need to install to get the most complete update. :mrgreen:

Also, I was thinking it would be cool if there is an official nba live pc project soundtrack in the game with the best songs from old nba live games voted by members of the community. What i don't know is if it would be perfectly legal to do such thing.
Jackie Kong

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:04 am

The full package is absolutely everything, if you download that you don't need to worry about downloading anything else to make it work. :)

We could do a soundtrack update but given the size it might be better to make it optional. As with other patches, there shouldn't be any problem with it as long as we're not charging money for it (which we wouldn't be), other people have released custom soundtracks without any problems. So it's certainly something to consider.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackie Kong on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:28 pm

Andrew wrote:We could do a soundtrack update but given the size it might be better to make it optional. As with other patches, there shouldn't be any problem with it as long as we're not charging money for it (which we wouldn't be), other people have released custom soundtracks without any problems. So it's certainly something to consider.

Sounds good. Maybe, there could be a thread where members would post the names of their favourite all-time nba live songs and the nba live project optional soundtrack would come out based on the results with a limit of 2-4 songs per game. I think this is a good idea because i believe soundtracks have always been one of nba live most positive aspects. I can't speak for the rest of the people but it certainly helped me to connect with the game.
Jackie Kong

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:33 am

Sure, we could do that. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby joan1094 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Andrew, you just the best (Y) (im new here)
joan1094

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Thanks for the kind words, and welcome. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby joan1094 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:32 pm

:bowdown: Andrew :bowdown2: lol
joan1094

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:42 am

I’m pleased to announce that at long last, I anticipate releasing new roster updates for NBA Live 2005 through NBA Live 08 by the end of the week. At this point, all of the necessary players have been created, player art is in place, the rosters for all 30 NBA teams and the East and West All-Stars are up to date and years pro have been updated to include the 2010/2011 season.

Over the next couple of days, I will be finishing up editing ratings for players who were in last year’s rosters, ensuring all team art is in place and up to date, updating things like salaries, team records and accessories, adding this year’s Rookie Challenge rosters and putting on other finishing touches. Once the NBA Live 08 update is complete, I’ll be converting it for use with NBA Live 07, NBA Live 06 and NBA Live 2005. As soon as that’s done, I’ll be uploading the new rosters and announcing the release here on the NLSC.

A huge thanks to everyone for their continued patience and support. I am getting the rosters out much later than I would’ve liked, due to a combination of the lockout dampening my enthusiasm, burnout on making the updates and other responsibilities continually getting in the way, however the release is finally in sight. At this point I’m not sure about the future of the updates beyond this season, especially if NBA Live 13 does come out on PC, but I will evaluate the situation around the time of the 2012 Draft as I’d like to do what I can to keep the old games alive for those who still play them. In the meantime, check back soon for the new rosters!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mhar on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:15 am

OH yeah!!been waiting for this....!!salute to you sir andrew !!! :bowdown2:
LIVE AND LET LIVE !!
mhar

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:52 am

Thanks for the support. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby wardogs101 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:22 am

Yeah! (Y) :headbang:
wardogs101

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:12 am

Just a quick update on the status of the NLSC roster updates for NBA Live 2005 through NBA Live 08. Unfortunately I encountered a minor setback over the weekend which has pushed back the release slightly, however I still anticipate having the rosters out within the next couple of days, just in time for the 2012 Playoffs.

At this point there are still a few art updates to put in place and check, along with some accessories and contract info to update. I’d estimate the NBA Live 08 roster to be about 98% complete; once it’s done, I’ll be completing the conversions for NBA Live 2005-07 and releasing all the roster updates right here on the NLSC. Thanks again to everyone for your patience and understanding, at long last we’re in the home stretch!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 06