"Pictures are worth 1001 words" Dynasty OVER

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby thaKEAF on Mon May 24, 2004 8:56 am

I haven't posted since November but I decided to post today and say this is the best dynasty I've seen anywhere online.

Keep up the good work. :D
thaKEAF

Postby cocobee on Tue May 25, 2004 2:37 pm

2006 Image NBA FINALS

VS

Game 1

Hawks 108
Suns 105

Charles Barkley from TNT Sports on Game 1: I'm SHOCKED! The Suns came to play! These boys played like there NBA lives depended on it. If it wasn't for a three point play by Okafor with 45 seconds left-the Suns could've of easily STOLE this game. I haven't seen these Sun's play until this game and some footage backstage--and let me tell you. This is a fun athletic team here. Peja can shoot with the best of them in league right now. Noone on the Hawks will be able to guard him 1 on 1. The Hawks threw Anthony, Manley and even Pat Garrity. No sweat as Peja was acting like he was at shoot around.Luckily, the Hawks still have Garnett to fall back on with his 30 and Cocobee's 25 points respectively. Rashad McCants was a huge suprise to me, I remember asking Kenny, who the hell is that kid? He came out of nowhere with 15 points jump start the Sun's second half run.I said I'd be suprise if this series went past 4 games, well--I'd be suprised if the Hawks sweep this team. The Suns are playing reckless ball and that's scary. They know, no one thinks they should be here--and there playing with something to prove. Those boys at Atlanta better start taking this team seriously or they'll be planning there summer vacation a little earlier.

Hawks
K.Garnett 30 pts
K.Garnett 9 rebs
Cocobee 10 assists

Suns
P.Stojakovic 29 pts
T.MacCulloch 8 rebs
R.Person 14 assists

Game 2

Hawks 100
Suns 108

Ervin " Magic" Johnson of TNT Sports on Game 2: As Chuck pointed out last game, the Hawks looked like they were in trouble. Now after game 2 , we know why? Someone please tell Anthony and Manley that this series isn't won yet. They are playing like someone is suppose to just give them the trophy. The Suns are playing very well and are not intimidated by this Hawks team. They believe they can win and more importantly they are playing like it. Peja is stroking the ball better than anyone on both teams. Brand is keeping Garnett honest and Person is "containing" Cocobee. This Sun's team is riding on cloud nine and should be, they need to keep playing with this "recklessness attitude" and not tighten up. The Hawks got a good smack in the face tonight, let's see what they do in Game3. If they are true Champs they'll come out with passion and pride.

Hawks
Cocobee 29pts
E.Okafor 8 rebs
Cocobee 12 assists

Suns
P.Stojakovic 32 pts
E.Brand 9 rebs
R.Person 14 assists

Game 3

Hawks 100
Suns 99

Kenny "the Jet" Smith from TNT Sports on Game 3: WOW! Instant Classic! What a game! The Hawks were just a little better tonight. Cocobee was just a little better tonight as well! With 3.2 seconds left in the 4th quarter, Cocobee takes a desperation 3 pointer to win the game as the Hawks were down 97-99. After the game Cocobee describes the winning shot : Cocobee:" Melo was suppose to look for Garnett down low, and if that wasn't open I would flash up--I noticed Person guarding me for the drive- he threw me a great pass and I just chucked it up and it went down. Luck was on my side tonight.." The Hawks took the Sun's heart and smashed it with a hammer tonight. This was a heartbreaking game! But we will see what the Suns are made of next game. The Hawks better come ready to play or the Suns might get there mojo back.
Editorial note: This was probably one of the best games of Live, I've ever played vs the computer. I really thought I lost and was hoping for a miracle. I had 2 options to my best players, I'm glad it worked out! :wink:

Hawks
K.Garnett & Cocobee 23 pts
E.Okafor 8 rebs
Cocobee 9 assists

Suns
D.Anderson 20 pts
P.Stojakovic 6 rebs
R.Person 9 assists

Game 4

Hawks 102
Suns 94

Charles Barkley from TNT Sports on Game 4: Awhhh Man...The Hawks are back to there old ways, kicking A$$ and taking names! The Suns played and looked like they got ran over by a Mack Truck. They played a heartless game and it seems as if there Championship dreams are coming to a close. Cocobee is a man amongst boys right now, he is unguardable. The only way the Suns can stop him, is if they put 6 men on the court, 4 to guard the other players and 2 to guard Cocobee. The Suns better play with some heart and get that attitude back for Game 5, if they even wanna chance. In my opinion, the Hawks will win there 3rd Championship in Phoenix.Too bad for the Suns' fans.

Hawks
Cocobee 39 pts
K.Garnett 12 rebs
Cocobee 9 assists

Suns
E.Brand 22 pts
E.Brand 10 rebs
R.Person 14 assists

Game 5

Hawks 98
Suns 117

Ervin " Magic" Johnson of TNT Sports on Game 5: The Suns came to play, Peja got his groove back. The Hawks couldn't hit a shot in the 4th quarter. The Suns came out and played the way that Championship teams need to play when there backs are up against the wall. The Suns have a lot of heart and will not go down easily. You can bet they will make a lot noise in Atlanta. Look for Peja to keep shooting. Person is playing great dishing out assists like candy on Halloween. Look for Game 6 to be a challenge for the Hawks. These Suns got there Mojo back--watch out and enjoy the ride.

Hawks
Cocobee 28 pts
E.Okafor 12 rebs
Cocobee 10 assists

Suns
P.Stojakovic 40 pts
E.Brand 10 rebs
R.Person 15 assists

Game 6

Hawks 102
Suns 110

Kenny "the Jet" Smith from TNT Sports on Game 1: The Suns have made a believer out of me! Behind Peja's clutch shooting and Person's steady play at the guard-the Suns have become once again, DANGEROUS. Person isn't playing better than Cocobee, all he is doing is not making huge mistakes and making the right decisions when given the correct situation. The game was never close as the Suns controlled tempo, the game got close in the third quarter with a Garnett dunk gave the Suns only a 4 pt lead. But a quick three by Peja and a 3 point play by Person after a steal ended that idea. We are now going to game 7. The Hawks have never been challenged like this, all there Championships have been easy. But just these playoffs alone have pushed to the Hawks into instant maturity. We will see, forget the million dollar contracts, the shoe deals, the commercials, the hype, the media and all the other BS around the league--this is a "balls check" The team / players with the bigger balls will be the 2006 NBA Championships! Game 7 Baby! I love this game!

Hawks
Cocobee 21 pts
K.Garnett 10 rebs
Cocobee 11 assists

Suns
P.Stojakovic 32 pts
E.Brand 14 rebs
R.Person 15 assists

Cocobee : " This right here, is why we play the game."

Elton Brand : "If you can't get up for this game, then get the hell out of this business"

Game 7

Charles Barkley from TNT Sports on Game 7: What else can you ask for? What about a 12-2 run in the 4th quarter by the World Champions? With 5:12 left in the 4th quarter, the Hawks went on a 12-2. With about a minute left to go--Garnett gave the Hawks the lead 103-101 with a catch and dunk. Then with about 15 seconds left E.Okafor came out and blocked a would be lay-up from Brand. Manley got the loose ball and got fouled and hit the next 2 free throws to give the Hawks there Third Championship! This was a great Game 7 and will be in the history books. The Suns showed a lot of heart and represented there conference very well. They had the trophy in ther hands and lost it with the heroics of Garnett, Cocobee, and Okafor. I've got to hand to both teams--I can't say enough, how great this game was--It's a shame that one team had to lose. We thought the Suns were out of it down 3-1 and came back and made it into Game 7. The Hawks have the hearts of Champions. This game better be on Classic Sports, because it was a Classic.
Editorial Note: This series alone has given me the 2 best games I've ever played. I played this game on Sunday and I couldn't believe I won Monday morning. The fact that it was Game 7 and it was started by Cocobee hitting a three, then Garnett with a dunk, next thing I knew it was a game again. This is why I love NBA Live 2004. I think, I would've been heart broken if I lost this game--it was so intense. What a great game.

Hawks 105
Suns 101

Hawks
Cocobee 25 pts
K.Garnett 14 rebs
Cocobee 12 assists

Suns
P.Stojakovic 29 pts
E.Brand 10 rebs
R.Person 12 assists

2006 FINALS MVP:
Cocobee: PG/#4
22.7 pts
3.1 rebs
8.1 assists

Enjoy :wink:
More to come : Draft 2006, the unveiling of the new NLSC Players Magazine covers, and brand spanking Hawks news.

GM Notes:
After the season, I was offered the Cleveland Cavs. I did not accept, but if I ever get Orlando, Philly, NY or LA Lakers--I'm gonna take that over. I'll still do it "1000 words style" but just with a different team.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Arcane on Tue May 25, 2004 3:03 pm

mad update man and congrats on the 3peat
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby cklitsie on Tue May 25, 2004 3:28 pm

congrats
cklitsie

Postby Mark. on Tue May 25, 2004 3:36 pm

Yeah Congrats Cocobee, good to see you playing that well. What was Garnetts Rebounding average for the playoffs because it didnt seem like he was getting many, i would have expected him to average 15 or something.

I look foward to the next post.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby idiot on Tue May 25, 2004 3:47 pm

wow wow wow wow wow ~~~ :D

good stuff cocobee (Y) it IS the best dynasty I've read on these boards! (Y)
idiot

Postby raptors6thman on Wed May 26, 2004 12:47 pm

congrats on not only winning you're third title but also on great work on the detailed recaps.. for a minute i thought u had lost game 7.. i was about to throw my okafor poster in the trash.. lol just kidding..

i think it would have been cool if you took the position as GM of cavs.. its only fitting that lebron finally wins a title well after melo has his third.. just revenge for getting robbed of his real life Rookie Of the Year award :cool:
raptors6thman

Postby cocobee on Wed May 26, 2004 2:41 pm

thanks guys, it was a one hell of a series. :wink: Okey Dokey...

THE 2006 NBA DRAFT

With the number 1 pick, the Orlando Magic select Earl "JR" Smith from the University of North Carolina

Dr. Jack Ramsay from ESPN Sports on the #1 pick : This young man is a college success story, he could've went out in 2004 but decided to upgrade his skills in college. Back in 2004 he would've been a top 10 pick but he waited, got better and now is the number 1 pick int the draft. Orlando will be exciting and fun this year. They are building through the draft and it's paying off. They have 3 up and coming players in the league. Dwight Howard is getting better while Cyriel Klitsie will now be the full time starting point guard beating out Steve Nash. JR Smith will contribute right away and look for him to fit well with the Magic. A very good choice for Orlando, as they didn't draft the best player in the draft but drafted the best player for them. Look for Orlando's youth movement to make some noise in the East.

With the number 3 pick, the Cleveland Cavs select Joakim Noah from the University of Florida

Dr. Jack Ramsay from ESPN Sports on the #3 pick : Everybody knows his father, the tennis great Yannick Noah. He went to Florida to become a better offensive player--he won't get you 25-30 points a night, but he'll get you 10-12 pts, 10-15 rebounds, 2-4 blocks a night--not to mention a slender aggressive defensive player. Will mature into a good player in the NBA. This young man knows the game and he knows his strengths--and he does them well. Very smart player on the court. Expect him to give 110% on every play. A good pick for the Cavs, not a great pick.

With the number 6 pick, the Detroit Pistons select Devin Harris from the University of Wisconsin

Dr. Jack Ramsay from ESPN Sports on the #6 pick : The first suprise pick in the draft! The Pistons already have a young point guard in Jaryl Campos. Are we seeing a shift in the Motor City? Is Campos out of there or is Harris a bait for things to come. Harris as a player is the best point guard in the draft and if he gets the playing time will blossom into a great player. He can score, dish and out right control a game. Seems a little crowded in the PG position, look for the Pistons to make some noise this summer.

With the number 8 pick, the Memphis Grizziles select Charles Becks from the NLSC

Dr. Jack Ramsay from ESPN Sports on the #8 pick : Depending on which "so-called" expert you asked, there are 3 stand out point guards in this draft. I feel that Becks will fit in his team the best. The PG spot is his and the Grizziles have a very deep team. Millete is considered to be one of the top young PF in the league. Ha-Seung Jin is ready for his sophmore year and following a very impressive rookie year, is ready to contribute. Becks will be serving it up. A solid player - he will contribute early and often. Memphis got better tonight with this draft pick.

With the number 9 pick, the Utah Jazz select Robert Swift from the University of Southern California

David Aldridge from ESPN Sports on the number 9 pick: The best Center prospect in the draft. Swift has good post moves, still needs to bulk up. Maybe not ready to start but will become a starter by the end of the year or next year. Nice touch and very good instincts around the rim. He will help the Jazz off the bench. Conditioning is suspect but his heart is never in question. He is a player that will not back down to the likes of the Shaqs and the Ben Wallaces of the league. This was a good pick for Utah.

With the number 11 pick, the Denver Nuggets select Mark Moore from the NLSC

David Aldridge from ESPN Sports on the number 11 pick: This pick and the Devin Harris pick don't make a lot of sense to me. Moore is a very talented player but Jason Kidd is the PG already. Now, if Denver is looking to use this year as a teaching year for Moore--what a better teacher than Kidd. This pick might pay off in the LONG run for this franchise. Moore will learn and this experience will make him better. Look for him in a couple years to make some news. but for now, with the right attitude, Moore will get better with time.

Rest of the 2006 Draft:
#2. New York Knicks : PF/SF Al Jefferson
#4. Minnesota T'Wolves : PF Levi Wright
#5. San Antionio Spurs : SF Marvin Williams
#7. LA Clippers : SG Jeremiah Constantine
#10. New Orleans Hornets : SG Edmund Warren
#12. Toronto Raptors : PG Ivan Brodeur
#13. Chicago Bulls : PG Jorge Burt

Atlanta Hawks select:
Taja Brown SF Nevada

Doc Rivers of ESPN Sports on his prediction for the 2007 Rookie of the Year: Al Jefferson is a MAN! He has a body that will make veterans in the League want to work out more. He has power and will out jump, out hustle anyone in the gym. He has the same intensity as Ben Wallace but he has worked on his offensive game as well. He will be the toast of the town especially playing in New York. Orlando decided to go with JR Smith but was leaning towards Jefferson till about 48 hours before the draft. Jefferson is the best player in the draft and will play like it. "Start spreading the news......"

Last but not least, from the creators of DYNASTY--they present to you "NLSC BALLERS" enjoy :wink:

NLSC Ballers is a dedicated Magazine geared towards the NLSC players drafted in my dynasty. Maybe you might make a cover! :wink:

Next....OFF Season news and the start of the 2006-2007 Season.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Mark. on Wed May 26, 2004 3:35 pm

Top update Cocobee!! (Y)

great to see you put me in your dynasty, pitty im playing behind Kidd, Loving the idea of "NLSC Ballers".

Good luck for the season, if last playoffs were any picture of what its gonna be like, i expect to see you have more of a challenege.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby alexboom on Wed May 26, 2004 6:01 pm

this is really the best dynasty !!!
and this is funny you've added joakim noah, journalists start talking about him here in France :wink:
alexboom

Postby Mazzocchi on Wed May 26, 2004 9:28 pm

wtf? why wasnt i drafted? :?
Mazzocchi
Resident Mavericks Fan (Since 1994)

Postby cocobee on Wed May 26, 2004 10:13 pm

Genocide wrote:wtf? why wasnt i drafted? :?

There are people that sent there cyberface way ahead of you. You'll be added accordingly. I'm not sure, but you and Kagara are next up in 2007. I'm sorry your upset, but please read the thread. I stated that only 2 NLSC players are to be added a year.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby idiot on Wed May 26, 2004 10:33 pm

who are mark moore and charles becks?? maybe you should use their forum names instead... like "cocobee" :P

(Y)~
idiot

Postby cocobee on Wed May 26, 2004 10:58 pm

iDiot wrote:who are mark moore and charles becks?? maybe you should use their forum names instead... like "cocobee" :P

(Y)~

That's what they requested, I could if they want. :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Mazzocchi on Thu May 27, 2004 3:35 am

cocobee wrote:
Genocide wrote:wtf? why wasnt i drafted? :?

There are people that sent there cyberface way ahead of you. You'll be added accordingly. I'm not sure, but you and Kagara are next up in 2007. I'm sorry your upset, but please read the thread. I stated that only 2 NLSC players are to be added a year.

aight i'm not upset i was just wondering lol as long as i'm in it lol :)
Mazzocchi

Postby Shadyon on Thu May 27, 2004 7:16 am

iDiot wrote:who are mark moore and charles becks?? maybe you should use their forum names instead... like "cocobee" :P

(Y)~

charles becks would be me :D
Shadyon

Postby Mark. on Thu May 27, 2004 3:22 pm

Yeap and Mark Moore would be me.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri May 28, 2004 2:09 am

yo cocobee, since the grizz got their new logos and colors out, u think u can make a new jersey for them with their colors included in those pics since u make alot of fresh jerseys anyway?
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby cocobee on Fri May 28, 2004 2:50 am

sbhzmafia wrote:yo cocobee, since the grizz got their new logos and colors out, u think u can make a new jersey for them with their colors included in those pics since u make alot of fresh jerseys anyway?

Thanks :lol: I was thinking about it, but I was going to use one of these other patchers jerseys till they officially show us how they look in June 15th , i think. But we'll see--I'm off on Monday and I might be bored :wink:
But White Cocoa has some really nice ones ,IMHO.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby raptors6thman on Fri May 28, 2004 5:36 am

cocobee do u have a dl link for those rookie faces u made?
raptors6thman

Postby cocobee on Fri May 28, 2004 6:12 am

raptors6thman wrote:cocobee do u have a dl link for those rookie faces u made?

No, b/c I make these for myself and I really don't want to hear the "you didn't ask for this or that drama" or the "you didn't give me credit on that" from other patchers. But if there is a player you want drop me a PM, I'm pretty cool about stuff like that. :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Ruff Ryder on Fri May 28, 2004 9:34 am

You can put me in. I dont have a cyberface, but I look alot like vin diesel except I have more muscle. :wink:

I dont have a pic on this pc yet, so whenever i get one on here, i'll send it to you.

BTW, I might need that EA Sports jersey if you know what I'm saying... :P

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby cocobee on Fri May 28, 2004 9:43 am

ruffryder8 wrote:You can put me in. I dont have a cyberface, but I look alot like vin diesel except I have more muscle. :wink:

I dont have a pic on this pc yet, so whenever i get one on here, i'll send it to you.

BTW, I might need that EA Sports jersey if you know what I'm saying... :P

all good--send the pic whenever you get it. I'll send the jersey monday. i'm going out of town.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby raptors6thman on Fri May 28, 2004 10:38 am

cocobee wrote:

No, b/c I make these for myself and I really don't want to hear the "you didn't ask for this or that drama" or the "you didn't give me credit on that" from other patchers. But if there is a player you want drop me a PM, I'm pretty cool about stuff like that. :wink:

i sent you a PM.. did u get it
raptors6thman

Postby Mazzocchi on Fri May 28, 2004 10:41 am

cocobee wrote:

I Officially herebye giuve you permission to destribute all my CAP stuff (when I'm Drafted Next Year)
(Genocide A.K.A- John "Legend" Mazzocchi #12 North Carolina)
Mazzocchi

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame