NBA Live 10 Q&A Thread

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

Re: NBA Live 10 Q&A Thread

Postby Phil89 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:44 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm not sure that EA Sports will be updating the rosters for another year, but a fair amount of people still seem to be playing it so there are fan made roster updates and slider suggestions out there. At this point you might want to give NBA 2K11 a look, perhaps it would be best if you rented both to help you make up your mind as to which you'd prefer.

It seems the latest Dynamic DNA update has reset the rosters back to default. Seems I should have kept my updated custom rosters. :doh:
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:01 am

Yeah, a few people have been caught out with that. Unfortunately, there won't be any more updates coming.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:59 am

Rta wrote:It is still worth to buy that game?

I'm having this question. I've played NBA 2K11 and I'm waiting for 2K12's price to drop. I'm interested in playing this game for a change of pace and because I've been playing the demo a lot. Do you recomend me to buy it or should I wait for the next game (Live/Elite 13)? Do people still play it online (not cheesers)?
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:59 am

You might want to rent it first, unless you can find a cheap copy. Considering that they're no longer providing the updates for the game and the last update actually reset the rosters to default, maybe it's best to wait though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:51 am

Andrew wrote:You might want to rent it first, unless you can find a cheap copy. Considering that they're no longer providing the updates for the game and the last update actually reset the rosters to default, maybe it's best to wait though.

I wasn't interested in roster updates, I just wanted to play the game for fun until the next game. Someone offered me to sell me the game for30 dollars, is the game today worth that money?
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:21 am

At this point, I'd be looking for a cheaper price than that. You could probably find NBA 2K12 at that price somewhere.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bnnnn on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:04 am

Hi, i have some questions, (PS3)...

Q1 What is TEAM DNA on the select team screen?

Q2 When on offence and i hold (circle button) for Pick and Roll, what are the 2 options i get when i press (R1 button)?

Q3 When is the best time to use Take Charge (Right stick hold down)?

Q4 What does defensive assist do? (R1 button)

Q5 When on offence, when i stand still and hold (R2 button), does that acctivate Size-Up moves? What is it for?

Q6 On offence, what is Dynamic Quick Play for? (R1 button)
bnnnn

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:56 am

Q1 - It is the scouting report of tendencies for that team. For more success, play towards your team and player tendency styles and try to keep the other team from utilizing theirs.
Q2 - Roll or Pop. I think it defaults to Roll, press R1 to make the screener pop out for the jumper instead.
Q3 - When you are in the key and a player starts their layup attempt towards you is my best guess. You can also try it while they are backing down in the post.
Q4 - It is basically an auto positioning for the defender you are controlling and is meant to help you stay with your defender.
Q5 - Yes it activates the sizeup moves. They are used to set up your defender so you can get past them easier. The longer you use sizeup moves, the easier it is for you to dribble past them, but it's also easier for them to steal it. You can also branch seamlessly into quick strike moves.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bnnnn on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:50 am

THANKS!!!

Got some questions... (PS3)...

Q1 I was playing online RANKED game(1 vs 1) - my first ranked match, my opponent quit the game in the 1st quater. When i checked the online leaderboard, i wasn't awarded with a win, WHY?

Q2 When playing a RANKED game, are all teams AVAILABLE TO SELECT?

Q3 How can i use a player with great STRENGTH to my advantage - How can i use strong players?

Q4 What is HUSTLE in DNA rating, what does it do?

Q5 Any advise for me on utilizing PLAYBOOK(Offense and Defence), I dont know which playbook play to use, or when to use it?

Q6 How do i perform a floater shot?

Q7 Is there a website that provides DNA Ratings(PLAYER RATINGS) for each team? Im looking for Olando Magics?
Last edited by bnnnn on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
bnnnn

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:13 am

The Dynamic Quick Play button can be used to quickly call one of your team's plays. When you use it, you're basically entrusting the game to pick the most appropriate play for you at that given moment.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bnnnn on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:07 am

bnnnn wrote:THANKS!!!

Got some questions... (PS3)...

Q1 I was playing online RANKED game(1 vs 1) - my first ranked match, my opponent quit the game in the 1st quater. When i checked the online leaderboard, i wasn't awarded with a win, WHY?

Q2 When playing a RANKED game, are all teams AVAILABLE TO SELECT?

Q3 How can i use a player with great STRENGTH to my advantage - How can i use strong players?

Q4 What is HUSTLE in DNA rating, what does it do?

Q5 Any advise for me on utilizing PLAYBOOK(Offense and Defence), I dont know which playbook play to use, or when to use it?

Q6 How do i perform a floater shot?

Q7 Is there a website that provides DNA Ratings(PLAYER RATINGS) for each team? Im looking for Olando Magics?

THANKS!!!
Can anyone help with my questions above?
bnnnn

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:48 am

1. Because that's just how the system works. When there's a ragequit and the game ends early, no wins and losses are assigned. There's arguments for and against the practice but that's another discussion altogether.

2. All the NBA teams are, I'm not sure about the rest. If you've played a ranked online game before, you've probably seen all the teams that are available when you scrolled through them. If not, that'll be fairly easy to check out next time you play a ranked online game.

3. Strength and player physics aren't perfect in NBA Live 10 but when you're backing down in the paint, you should notice some advantage with bigger, stronger players.

4. It determines a player's likelihood/ability to chase after loose balls, get back on defense, that sort of thing.

5. The offensive playbook is utilised when you have the ball, the defensive playbook is utilised when you don't. Not sure there's much more to explain than that. Familiarise yourself with a team's plays, find out which ones work best for you and run them.

6. I believe you need to hit the shoot button on the run when you're about 18-20 feet from the basket.

7. No.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:36 am

Andrew wrote:6. I believe you need to hit the shoot button on the run when you're about 18-20 feet from the basket.

And make sure you release the analog stick as you do that. Otherwise, you'd just be running into the lane for a dunk/layup.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:52 am

I vaguely remember holding away from the basket with the left stick while pressing layup to perform a floater.

Edit- as you are going to the basket, let go of the left stick and turbo if you are pressing it and then press layup.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Ah, that's it. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bnnnn on Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:29 pm

KL, KL... Another question...

Q1 On team selection screen, what does ISOLATION, POST UP, SPOT UP, OFF-BALL SCREEN AND CUTS do/mean?

Q2 During a game and i acctivate one of the plays from the playbook(while on offence), on my next offence will the same play that i previously choose be automatic in play? or do i have to choose it again?
bnnnn

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:18 pm

1. That's a breakdown of the team's offense and how they score. Isolation involves players creating for themselves and going one-on-one, Post Up is play in the post (around the basket), Spot Up refers to jumpshots from midrange and the perimeter, Off-Ball Screens refer to players moving without the ball and using screens/picks to elude defenders and get open for shots, and Cuts refers to players moving without the ball to the basket to receive a pass and score inside.

2. You'll need to call the play again (or a different one, if you prefer) the next time up the floor.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bnnnn on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:00 pm

kool! Another thing...

I'm having poblems scoring 3-POINT shots with RASHARD LEWIS(on OLANDO MAGICS team), it doesnt make sense because he has a 99-RATINGS for 3-point Shooting Accuracy? ... any suggestions?

Even when i release the SHOOT BUTTON at the right time with no defenders next to me, I'll miss most of the time!
BUT I dont have any problems scoring 3's with Jameer Nelson.
bnnnn

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:57 am

Shooting success in NBA Live 10 still depends on a "dice roll" algorithm so you're not in complete control of it, but a combination of good timing and high ratings does (in theory, at least) improve your odds. Unfortunately there's not much that can be suggested except to keep trying and nailing the best possible timing for his jumpshot style each and every time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:49 am

I could be wrong, but in Live 10 when you go to edit ratings, it doesn't have a three-point accuracy rating. It's a three-point tendency. I remember Rashard Lewis had 99 on that rating, and as the game describes it, it's the likelihood that a player will attempt a three-point shot. I remember there was also a hidden rating (you had to actually edit the player to access this) for the actual three-point accuracy rating. Does Rashard Lewis also have a 99 there, or is it different?
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:37 am

That's a fair point, there are a couple of different shooting ratings with Player DNA. Might be something to doublecheck.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby rudyjuly2 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:15 am

Axel. wrote:I could be wrong, but in Live 10 when you go to edit ratings, it doesn't have a three-point accuracy rating. It's a three-point tendency. I remember Rashard Lewis had 99 on that rating, and as the game describes it, it's the likelihood that a player will attempt a three-point shot. I remember there was also a hidden rating (you had to actually edit the player to access this) for the actual three-point accuracy rating. Does Rashard Lewis also have a 99 there, or is it different?

I was confused by that initially as well. You can't edit or see the player's actually shooting attributes from the simple Edit Player Ratings menu, only their tendencies. We have to go to the Create a Player menu under Rosters and then hit L1/R1 until you get to Orlando and then select Rashard Lewis. Under the Outside category is where we find the actual shooting ratings for outside and mid jumpers. That will show you the truth. I'll try to check it out later tonight or tomorrow morning.
rudyjuly2

Postby Phil89 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:31 pm

It seems the EA Sports site has changed slightly and I can't figure out how to download my uploaded replays onto my laptop now.

The 'download' option isn't under the video anymore. :?
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:02 pm

Got a link? I'll take a quick look.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:05 pm