Road to Glory II

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: [60-22]Road to Glory II - ECF Preview

Postby Houndy on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:28 am

Dwight vs D-Rose. Love the matchup (Y)
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Well looks like someones headed to the Finals soon :cool:
qfrmcpt310

Postby Lamrock on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:33 am

Glad to see you tying up this old 2K10 story. :)
Lamrock

Postby hova- on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:27 pm

Good luck in the Conference Finals. Are you planning to have a 2k12 story?
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby mp3 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:21 pm

All the best vs the Magic !
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:25 am

I was missing this one (Y) Good luck V!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Mavs4Life on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:55 am

Aww man, Grevis Vasquez will kill you :lol: just kidding, but I do think the Magic will be a tough match-up.
Mavs4Life

Postby Valor on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Houndy wrote:Dwight vs D-Rose. Love the matchup (Y)

Great PG vs Great C (Y)

qfrmcpt310 wrote:Well looks like someones headed to the Finals soon :cool:

Orlando is still no pushover though, I gotta be careful! :)

Lamrock wrote:Glad to see you tying up this old 2K10 story. :)

This might continue for longer yet!! esp since the lockout is preventing 2K12 from getting everything correct as of now!

hova- wrote:Good luck in the Conference Finals. Are you planning to have a 2k12 story?

Thanks man, as for the 2K12 story, when the lockout resolves and rosters..etc updated, probably...but I still got my 2K11 story even if i decide to wrap this one up!

mp3 wrote:All the best vs the Magic !

Cheers man!

Thierry • wrote:I was missing this one (Y) Good luck V!

Me too haha, too busy to update one, let alone both of my associations :wink:

Mavs4Life wrote:Aww man, Grevis Vasquez will kill you :lol: just kidding, but I do think the Magic will be a tough match-up.

Hahaha I hope he doesnt :P but yes, Orlando is a threat!
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:53 pm

Carter shines as Orlando takes Game 1
Carter was half-man, half-amazing in this game

Orlando, FL - This is what the Magic brought Vince Carter over to do.

Behind Carter's 34 point offensive outburst, the Orlando Magic opened off the 2012 Eastern Conference Finals with a 111-101 victory over Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls to take a 1-0 series lead.

With Carter being absolutely on fire from the get-go, it made it that much easier for the other Magic players, namely Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson, to find their groove on the offensive end of the floor.

Howard finished with 22 points and 14 rebounds as he dominated the low post against Chicago's Joakim Noah and Shaquille O'Neal; while Nelson had a solid outing with 21 points and 10 assists.

"Vince was being aggresive tonight, which was good" Stan Van Gundy said, "Guys followed after him and we played hard to earn the win"

For Chicago, Derrick Rose led the way with a game high 37 points alongside 8 assists, however, none of the other Bulls really got going, as Deng, Noah and O'Neal each finished with 10 apiece while Boozer, Hinrich and Korver had 9 points each.

"We lost it at the line" said Byron Scott, "Giving up free points will lose you games"

The Bulls were just 16 for 29 from the charity stripe, with Rose missing 5 of his 15 attempts and Shaq bricking 6 of his 10 attempts.

"It's just inexcusable" Rose said, "We've got to hit those freebies"

In addition, the Bulls also got dominated on the boards, as Noah and Shaq's combined rebounding total only exceeding Dwight Howard's by just one.

So much for the Bulls having answers for "Superman Ver. 2"

"One lucky game, I'll give it to him" said Shaq, who finished with 10 points and 9 rebounds in 21 minutes off the bench, "The world will see who is the real superman soon enough"

If Shaq was to deliever on his word though, he'll have to make it quick, because so far Orlando seems unstoppable and poised to take the series.

Highlights
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image ImageImage

Jordan Player of the Game Highlights

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [60-22]Road to Glory II - ECF Game 1!

Postby Houndy on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:32 am

Ouch, Vintage Vince came back
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:11 pm

All three of them - Dwight, VC and Jameer - were on their best. Tough loss man. (N)
× Watching:
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:42 am

That wouldn't have happened if you'd still have Wade.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Cruzerr on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:05 pm

VC is a beast, but the sad news is, so is Dwight. Looking forward to game 2.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby hova- on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Vinsanity. I was watching the 2000 SDC lately and afterwards had a look at his top 100 dunks on youtube and I have to say, I really miss the VC 2k. Was even better than his reputation and had a really great time in Toronto.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:15 am

Houndy wrote:Ouch, Vintage Vince came back

Yep, totally unexpected and that hurt me, badly :?

Thierry • wrote:All three of them - Dwight, VC and Jameer - were on their best. Tough loss man. (N)

I had no answers for them lol

Martti. wrote:That wouldn't have happened if you'd still have Wade.

Too late for that now :wink: Just hope I can reverse the situation in the next few games (Y)

Cruzerr wrote:VC is a beast, but the sad news is, so is Dwight. Looking forward to game 2.

Question for me now is, which one can I, and which one should I slow down? :?

hova- wrote:Vinsanity. I was watching the 2000 SDC lately and afterwards had a look at his top 100 dunks on youtube and I have to say, I really miss the VC 2k. Was even better than his reputation and had a really great time in Toronto.

Ahh the good old days (Y) Love the VC back then, even if he was a Raptor :P

Sorry about the lack of updates/unexplained absence guys, last few weeks have been hectic as I wrapped up my examinations and flew back to HK for my holidays. Updates should come more frequently and on a more consistent basis now that I am settled :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:04 am

Bulls bigs step up, even series with Magic
Shaq came up big when the Bulls needed him the most

Orlando, FL - After they lost game 1, Bulls center Shaquille O'Neal announced that "the world will see who the real superman is".

To make a long story short, he did just that.

It's hard to say someone was outplayed when they got 15 points, 18 rebounds and 3 blocks, but that's exactly what happened to Magic superstar Dwight Howard in game 2 of these Eastern Conference Finals. The Bulls limited his touches and shots, didn't really have to foul a lot, and held him grounded.

O'Neal led the charge for the Chicago Bigs, as he racked up 16 points on 7 for 7 shooting alongside 8 rebounds in 24 minutes off the bench. Starting center Joakim Noah finished with 11 points, 11 rebounds and 3 blocks while Carlos Boozer had 17 and 6 in 21 minutes.

Of course, there's also a man named Derrick Rose, who turned in another excellent game with a game high 29 points and 10 assists as he was named the Jordan Player of the Game following the 98-91 game 2 victory.

The Magic's Vince Carter followed up his vintage game 1 performance with another impressive outing, as he led the Magic with 28 points on 12 for 22 shooting, but this time he was pretty much alone, as Rashard Lewis and Jameer Nelson combined for just 23 points. Nelson did have 12 assists but was clearly outplayed by Rose.

"They played better and they played harder" said Stan Van Gundy, "Simple as that, they played harder and better than us tonight"

With their bigs playing much better than game 1 tonight, Chicago was able to stay on single coverage against Howard, and thus limited the biggest threat from Orlando - three pointers.

The Magic shot just 2 for 17 from deep on the night and nobody hit more than one three, which is certainly going to hurt their chances of winning a game as their offense is centered around shooting the deep ball.

With the series now tied up at 1-1, the teams will travel over to Chicago for games 3 and 4 at the United Center.

Notes: The Mavericks tie up the WCF series at 1-1 following a 101-96 win over the Hornets...Tiger Woods was amongst the sold out crowd at the Amway Center, sitting at his usual coutside seat....

Highlights
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [60-22]Road to Glory II - ECF Game 2 is up!

Postby Lamrock on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:12 am

Every time I see this dynasty, it always amazes me how good 2K10 looks. Good win there. Fantastic game from Shaq. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby Mavs4Life on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:32 am

Shaq 100 %, Rose near 30, looking good. (Y)
Mavs4Life

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:48 am

As Lamrock said, 2K10 still got it (Y) You can win both games at home, good luck V!
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby hova- on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Loving that Shaq/Howard pic. Supermen in private. Nice to see this one still rolling. Good job !
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:03 am

Lamrock wrote:Every time I see this dynasty, it always amazes me how good 2K10 looks. Good win there. Fantastic game from Shaq. (Y)

Haha yeah man, still can't believe it's already been two+ years since they released 2K10 :lol: Shaq was great (Y)

Mavs4Life wrote:Shaq 100 %, Rose near 30, looking good. (Y)

Cheers man, hope this keeps up :)

Thierry • wrote:As Lamrock said, 2K10 still got it (Y) You can win both games at home, good luck V!

I certainly hope so :P a 3-1 lead would be hard to choke away :lol:

hova- wrote:Loving that Shaq/Howard pic. Supermen in private. Nice to see this one still rolling. Good job !

Thanks hov! superman vs superman in this one :cool:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Martti. on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:37 am

Rose has been beasting. (Y) On a sidenote, don't like Korver's lack of minutes. :P
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:04 am

Martti. wrote:Rose has been beasting. (Y) On a sidenote, don't like Korver's lack of minutes. :P

Opted to go with Kirk for the D but he hasn't delivered at all on offense so might give Korver or Sasha a bit more run next game :wink:

sorry for the lack of updates (again), power adapter for my macbook died and I had to wait for a while before apple replaced it for me. Probably will play the games and post updates soon :D
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:37 am

Superman Strikes Again As Bulls Take Series Lead
Dominating with style: Air Shaqness even played a bit of "Point-Center" tonight

Chicago, IL - Shaquille O'Neal grabs the rebound, dribbles down past halfcourt and throws a perfect alley-opp pass to Derrick Rose, who throws it down effortlessly.

Shaq did it all tonight for the Chicago Bulls, as the 40 year old filled the statsheet with a season high 29 points along with 14 rebounds (8 offensive) in just 23 minutes off the bench to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 95-78 game 3 victory here at the United Center.

Derrick Rose added 20 points and 6 assists, while Joakim Noah finished with 12 points and 10 rebounds alongside 4 blocks. Carlos Boozer also had a double-double.

But it was thanks to Air Shaqness that Chicago now take the lead in these Eastern Conference Finals 2 games to 1 against the Orlando Magic.

"Vintage stuff from Shaq tonight, he really got us going" said Derrick Rose, "Just a great game from him in every single way"

Even Free Throws.

With Shaq and the Bulls blowing the game open in the third quarter, the Magic resorted to the Hack-A-Shaq.

Unfortunately for them, Shaq made those free throws, as the big man knocked down 13 of his 17 attempts at the line and rubbed it in on Magic head coach Stan Van Gundy following the game.

"It's what I do," O'Neal said. "I've been doing it since 1992. If you don't believe it, Google me."

For the Magic, Rashard Lewis led the way with 20 points, while Dwight Howard grabbed a game high 16 rebounds alongside 15 points. However, the Magic were clamped down by the Bulls on the offensive end of the floor, shooting just 36% for the game and making just 6 of their 19 three point attempts.

Jameer Nelson was 3-16 from the floor while Mickael Pietrus went 1-6; and while Vince Carter shot the ball fairly well, he was harrassed and denied the ball constantly by Bulls forward Luol Deng, and only got off 12 shots to finish with just 15 points, a big drop off from games 1 and 2 at the Amway Center.

If they want to win game 4 and avoid going down 1-3 going back to Orlando, the Magic are going to have to knock down their shots and protect the paint better. Chicago scored 40 points in the paint and shot 33 free throws for the game, while the Magic failed to get even one block; something of a rarity considering the presence of one of the best post defenders in Dwight Howard.

While Game 4 will not be a deciding game, it'll be treated as such for both teams. With nearly everything on the line, it's time to ball.

Highlights
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [60-22]Road to Glory II - ECF Game 3!!

Postby Lamrock on Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:36 am

Holy shit, Shaq!
Lamrock

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame