[Tool] Roster Editor - REDitor II (Current v. 5.0)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] [In Development] REDitor FireJam

Postby JaoSming on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:43 am

although, we did figure out a couple of values today that made me do a little happy dance :dance:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby StompTheCourt on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:07 am

JaoSming wrote:although, we did figure out a couple of values today that made me do a little happy dance :dance:

Oh do tell :cheeky:
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby Mojazz on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:19 pm

Vl@d Zola Jr. wrote:
Mojazz wrote:Guys, just wanna ask about REditor 2, is it possible to share my license to my friend so that we can use licensed REditor II at the same time?

Thanks!

Answered you via e-mail. ;)
Anyway, would like to write here as well: guys, please, note, that each license can't be used on more than one PC simultaneously.

Thanks Vlad... (Y)

slimm44 wrote:
Mojazz wrote:Guys, just wanna ask about REditor 2, is it possible to share my license to my friend so that we can use licensed REditor II at the same time?

Thanks!

:crazyeyes:

Homie...it costs no more than $20 and Vlad puts a ludicrous amount of time into this program so we can have an editor. Your friend should support the man.

It's not about the money, it is about on how my friend pays that "$20" you were talking about... paypal is not that easy to use specially if you don't own a credit card, and not all of us here owns a credit card so i guess money is not the issue.
Mojazz

Postby Lagoa on Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:55 am

Yeah...agree 100%.

I have $ 20 bucks.....but pay options its not so easy to grab this tool..... i dont have international creditcard.....it´s impossible buy the program for me...
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby StompTheCourt on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:20 am

Lagoa wrote:Yeah...agree 100%.

I have $ 20 bucks.....but pay options its not so easy to grab this tool..... i dont have international creditcard.....it´s impossible buy the program for me...

I am sure you guys can find a friend or father or mother that has one that can help you guys out, or there is money graham and western union which is what I had to use in 2010
to pay him either way there are options out there.
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby utp1985 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:44 pm

(Y) +1
StompTheCourt wrote:
Lagoa wrote:Yeah...agree 100%.

I am sure you guys can find a friend or father or mother that has one that can help you guys out, or there is money graham and western union which is what I had to use in 2010
to pay him either way there are options out there.
utp1985

Postby IslandersPL on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:23 am

I have a question about editor.If I am already playing in my player whether there will be a possibility to edit age player or I must start new game?
IslandersPL

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:51 am

I have a question. Once the editor comes out I would like to enhance a bunch of the "Create-a-teams" I've made like the 93 Suns, 00 Blazers, 00 Pacers etc etc. I know I'll be able to assign jerseys / courts / correct team IDs. My question is how many teams do you think a roster will be able to hold without crashing this year? I remember last year we had a set amount (including the alotted 10 create-a-teams). Then I think you found a fix to allow for over 60+ extra teams. What are your findings, if you can share them, as to how many additional teams we will be able to add to a single roster file without it crashing for 2K12?

I suppose, i didn't get the question exactly.
Anyway:
1. There are 108 teams on the default roster (including 10 CATs), so you can edit any of them. TType parameter is decoded, meaning you can make D-League teams available for Play Now, etc.
2. There is a hard file-size limit, so you will be able to clone only a limited amount of teams. Can't say exactly how many, as this will depend on many factors. I suppose, 2-3 new fully completed teams can be added to the default roster. If you delete free agents/colleges/other things, you will eventually free up some more space for cloning teams. Anyway, I guess, there have never been a possibility to add 60 new teams to the default roster, as this would certainly overcome the limit.

So, just replace the teams, you don't need, like those with 2K dev's kids. Teams tab is even more tunable this year, than the last one. More to add, you can simply delete several teams, and then clone some other teams to get the needed parameters, if they are undecoded yet.

In how many % editor is completed?

Everything's in the frist post. I keep it updated along with the process going. Don't want to calculate some 'overall percentage', as i'm not a calculator :D

It's not about the money, it is about on how my friend pays that "$20" you were talking about... paypal is not that easy to use specially if you don't own a credit card, and not all of us here owns a credit card so i guess money is not the issue.

If you know of any other way, which is convinient for you and is acceptable in Russia, i won't be against, if you use it. But, in my opinion, PayPal is the best solution in case, you have a bank account. Otherwise it's Western Union/Money Gram, depending on your country. Though, PayPal fees are certainly much lower.
Please, just tell me of any other convinient way for you, so we could discuss it.

I have a question about editor.If I am already playing in my player whether there will be a possibility to edit age player or I must start new game?

No need to restart. Will be possible.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IslandersPL on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:28 am

This editor is free? Or i must some pay?
IslandersPL

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:58 am

If it's the same as previous years, there'll be a basic free version but for the full compliment of features you'll need to get one of the paid versions.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mo2thewillyo on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:08 pm

If we edit an nba d league team into lets say the 93 Suns or the 98 Pacers... when we start franchise mode/association can these newly formed teams be used for the following:

when choosing to "customize" the 30 teams in the league can we swap and switch a current nba team with this edited nba d league team?
mo2thewillyo

Postby Nick on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Great to see this is in development. Can't wait for the release! (Y)

The patches that get released by people are always so much more awesome once this tool is available.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby IslandersPL on Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:48 am

how to edit height? Someone have working editor?
IslandersPL

Postby Lagoa on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:50 am

Vl@d,

Like other versions, this year will be possible edit color acessories and socks with this tool? I dont see anybody talk about this "oficially"
Last edited by Lagoa on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lagoa

Postby eddiesixer on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:03 am

Man, so happy that you'll do this again :D
Looking forward to it being completed.

Also hope that you won't need to defend your pricing policy in every other post considering all the time you put in to this.

Go Vlad!! (Y)
"It ain't bragging if you can back it up" Muhammad Ali 1964
eddiesixer

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:00 am

IslandersPL wrote:how to edit height? Someone have working editor?

No, it's not out yet. See the first post for more information. When it is available, you can be sure that there'll be an announcement and a download link.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Lagoa on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:40 am

Vl@d Zola Jr. wrote:

If you know of any other way, which is convinient for you and is acceptable in Russia, i won't be against, if you use it. But, in my opinion, PayPal is the best solution in case, you have a bank account. Otherwise it's Western Union/Money Gram, depending on your country. Though, PayPal fees are certainly much lower.
Please, just tell me of any other convinient way for you, so we could discuss it.

hey Vl@d, i have acount on BANCO BRADESCO of Brasil (the second biggest bank in my country) don't have international credit card.... exists chance to pay direct from my Bank?

Second question:

Like other versions, this year will be possible edit color acessories and socks with this tool? I dont see anybody talk about this "oficially"

Thks =)

Lagoa

Postby Nick on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:05 pm

I have sort of an interesting question for you vlad.

Is it possible to edit this? In association mode the default amount of minutes that the cpu gives to a player with the role 'starter' is only 34 mins. 'Star' is 36. This means that in association mode nobody averages more than 36 minutes, so there are no 40 minuters and such. Is it possible to change the default cpu amount of minutes? If i could change it i would. I'd change starter to 36, and star to 39 or 40.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby IslandersPL on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:57 am

how long to realesed editor?
IslandersPL

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:36 am

See the first post.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby IslandersPL on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:27 am

I have the question concerning the option of the editor.I Play 30 game in my player mode some players fisher etc.. announced that they were retirement.Whether with the editor it is possible to turn it away?
IslandersPL

Postby penquin11 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:29 am

Man I cannot wait for this to come out. Last year I was really hesitant to buy the RedEditor despite my mod happy ways, eventually I curbed and bought the 2nd best package, and with it I was able to change the game entirely. Furthermore REDeditor acted as a save game editor as well, for example If I f*ck up the tendencies for a player (as I already have with Kemba Walker) in my player mode who is on my team (literally he wont pull up, he always drives, he doesnt even take wide open transition 3's) then I could just go in and edit that player tendency with rededitor instead of suffering each and every single game with that player..... So in other words HURRY UP IM ON YEAR 2 OF MY BOBCATS MYPLAYER AND KEMBA WILL NOT PULLUP IN GAME I WANT TO FIX THIS SO HUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRY. Im just kidding but seriously I cant wait for RedEditor :)
penquin11

Postby TNeckDME on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:57 am

It's great to see REDEditor back in business. I have a few questions about the program, as I haven't used it since NBA 2K10.

Q1: Will it be possible to do bulk editing to the D-League rosters?

In NBA 2K10 (and I think 2K11), there was a trick where if you made all of the generated D-Leaguers 45+ years old, they would all "retire" the following season and the game would rebuild the D-League teams with guys in the Free Agent pool. In 2K10, it was kind of comical since you'd have guys like Starbury in the D-League and power forwards playing point guard, but it made the D-League a lot more interesting. Rather than edit each D-Leaguer's age one by one in-game, I'd just like to set every generic D-Leaguer to 45 before the season even begins. Can this be done?

Q2: Will there be a way to just auto-apply changes from one roster to another?

One thing I'd like to do is change a few of the players' incorrect eye colors. I was able to do this in the 2K10 edition of REditor, but if I wanted to use a new roster, I'd have to keep changing the eye colors over and over again per roster. If I edit 18 players' eye colors, can I save a template that I can use to apply those changes to other rosters?

Just to be clear, I'm not demanding these features. I'm just asking if they're possible to do. Thanks a lot, and keep up the great work.
TNeckDME

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:54 am

Hey, guys!

Sorry for making you wait for the answers, as i've been being really busy with my school recently. :(

Would like to thank all of you for your kind words and support! This really keeps me much motivated, putting that bulk of pressure, falling on me from the University professors side, away. :) So, thank you very much, guys!
And here we go with the answers to questions.

If we edit an nba d league team into lets say the 93 Suns or the 98 Pacers... when we start franchise mode/association can these newly formed teams be used for the following:
when choosing to "customize" the 30 teams in the league can we swap and switch a current nba team with this edited nba d league team?

Yes, editing TType and Division parameters will give you the desired result.

Yes, of course. I've got right to Jerseys editing at the moment.

hey Vl@d, i have acount on BANCO BRADESCO of Brasil (the second biggest bank in my country) don't have international credit card.... exists chance to pay direct from my Bank?

Please, check at your bank, as it may be possible to make a direct transfer from your account or to use the so-called e-Check to send money to my PayPal.
I read it here:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/websc ... on-outside

Is it possible to edit this? In association mode the default amount of minutes that the cpu gives to a player with the role 'starter' is only 34 mins. 'Star' is 36. This means that in association mode nobody averages more than 36 minutes, so there are no 40 minuters and such. Is it possible to change the default cpu amount of minutes? If i could change it i would. I'd change starter to 36, and star to 39 or 40.

I'm afraid, this is something, hard-code into the .exe file.
But it's possible to create a TURK-script to set stars' minutes to 40, starters' to 36, etc. for a separate file with just one click. Not sure, though, if this will work for Association, as some parameters in there are duplicated from the roster part of files, but stored in other parts of them. As you know, currently REDitor can only handle the roster part, so if Rotations are duplicated to another part of a file, the replica will have a bigger priority, meaning, it will overwrite the changes, made to the roster part, each time the file is loaded.

I have the question concerning the option of the editor.I Play 30 game in my player mode some players fisher etc.. announced that they were retirement.Whether with the editor it is possible to turn it away?

Will be possible to extend their contract, using the editor. I think, this is the most efficient way to keep them in the league.

Q1: Will it be possible to do bulk editing to the D-League rosters?

Yes. It's whether about using Filters and then Global Editor, or making a TURK-script.

Q2: Will there be a way to just auto-apply changes from one roster to another?

Yes. TURK-scripting. For this purpose you won't even need a custom script, but it will be enough to use the Scripting Wizard.
I hope, i'll have time before the initial release to make some tutorial on how to use the Wizard. :)

Thank you for the interesting questions, mates!

penquin11, man, please, tell my profs to be easier, as if i hadn't been fed with many new time-consuming tasks by them every week, REDitor would be already out. :D Hurrying as much, as i can! :)))

======================
I'll also post some screen next week. ;)
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby StompTheCourt on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:08 am

Thanks for keeping us posted buddy Ill make sure you have payment by next week thanks for doing this for us year in and year out
you have made modding 2K not only fun but you have also made the impossible possible thank you :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding