Let's reminisce about your favourite past NLSC members

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Let's reminisce about your favourite past NLSC members

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:30 pm

Now now, we respect members wives here in the forums even if that member is qualified to be the driver of the special bus. Diddy isn't canadien, I'll give him credit for that.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby J@3 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:57 pm

I would have respected Dweaver's wife repeatedly
J@3

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Its_asdf wrote:Jowe - Made some pretty sick patches for NBA Live 2004.

He might be making a comeback.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby J@3 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Wtf Jowe forget patching come to general talk. Or do your patching in general talk. Patch general talk
J@3

Postby Jowe on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:25 pm

G'day guys, its been a long time.
Watching the nbl game on tv atm, its amazing how they managed to get so many camera's into the local YMCA. :lol:

Tried to login to the site a couple of weeks ago when i got nba 2k11, then never received my reset password email lol
Fee Nick's Uns [15-10] says:
i'd suck allen iverson's cock any day -
just so i could say i've met allen iverson
Jowe

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:32 pm

Welcome back! :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Its_asdf on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:18 am

Me and Jae's voodoo chants have brought him back from the dead
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Lean on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:46 am

Whoa wow, welcome back Jowe!
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Nick on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Hey chaps :dance:

This is the first time i've loaded up general talk (without the intention to promote my band :lol: ) in years! And what a nice thread it is to stumble across. Thanks for the kind words all. And it's cool to see all the familiar names. It's so strange to me to think about how much time i spent here in my teens, and then come back today and see that some people remember me................... i don't know whether to be proud or ashamed, haha.

Looking over some of the forum topics, i can see why many of the vets are bored and frustrated. Booorrrrriiinnnngggg! Where are all the interesting topics?? Where's the sense of community?? That's what i liked most about nlsc back in the day. NBA Live the game was shit but the community surrounding it was awesome.
Now when we finally have a game (2k12) we can hang our hats on, the community has already shapeshifted (yes the 2k12 soundtrack has absorbed well into my brain) into a bunch of 14 yr old illiterate retards?
Correct me if i'm wrong!

Alrightie well i'm gonna shoutout some forum names i remember from back when...

Andrew - Obviously he still posts, but you can't make nlsc shoutouts without mentioning andy pandy at #1 (i remember i called him that once and he requested that i didn't ever again...... take that andy!! :P ). A.P. is the ultimate professional. I remember thinking that he was too professional back in the day, but in hindsight, you can't help but appreciate that SOMEBODY took/takes the role that he did/does.

Jowe :geek: - Probably the one i talked to offline the most and logged the most MSN archived files with. Particularly in the 2002-2005ish sort of era. We even had our own patching site once. He was really friendly when i first "met" him, but he eventually developed a mean streak and started hating everything. :lol:

Jae - The godfather of NLSC - do him wrong and HE WILL BURRRNNNN YOU DOWN! ...Unless you find the key to his heart like i did. :cheeky:
Seriously though probably my favourite NLSCer. Hilarious and intelligent. He likes to think he's hardcore but he's actually a nice fella. Was great MSNing with him and exchanging perspectives about women & music etc. Someone i'd probably be friends with if we went to the same high school or something.

Stevan - I didn't talk to him on msn or anything but i used to love his presence at nlsc. Always jovial, and carried a great sense of community with him.

Jackal - He seemed like an asshole but he was good to have around. :lol: Does he still post?

DoobieKnicks - Didn't really know him but he pops to mind for some reason. I always appreciated his honesty and it made for some good soulful discussion.

Tales - He was the first NLSC "vet" guy that i added to msn back in like 2001 or 2002. of all the vets he was by far the friendliest and most accepting of n00bs like me.

Matt - i don't remember his nlsc name (i think it was matt), but does anyone else remember the aussie pistons fan? I used to talk to him on msn back in 2002/03, and we basically just bragged about the awesome moves we pulled off in the basketball game we played that week. Seemed like a cool guy.

Shadowgrin - Best pinoy in nlsc! Hard to believe english isn't his first language but there you go. Was good to have his jovial and witty self around. Glad to see he's still posting.

Benji - Up there with andrew in terms of importance to the basketball video game community. He was ultra sarcastic in the black&blue forums and treated my n00b self like a piece of shit back in 2001/02. :lol: Eventually i guess i proved myself to be non-retarded and he started replying to me on msn. He always had a very particularly style conversationally and i always used to have fun talking to him and steve-o in msn group chats.

Steve-o/Dr. Seth - I wouldn't be surprised if he's literally a doctor or something now. He was waaay overqualified for the retarded-infested nlsc in terms of IQ. It was really good having him around though, you could always expect posts of substance from him. I think a piece of benji's soul broke when he left though. Those 2 were BFF / ghey buddiez.

David - Anyone remember the aussie david? He was a co-admin with benji at nbalive.org i believe. He's the only guy from nlsc i actually met in real life. He hooked me up with some tickets to see the melbourne tigers play back in 2003. That was sweet. He was also the guy who stood up for me against the big bad benji when i was a n00b in the black&blue forums haha. He's got a wife and kids now so no surprise he's not posting anymore.

The X - another intelligent aussie that was good to have around.

Cameron - i don't remember what his nlsc name was but he was a canadian guy. Me and him made an awesome patch together for live03. He was also a banjo player.

Jonesy - Anyone remember this aussie? I remember him being pretty cool. Posted more at dotorg i think.

Shane hefty - he posted in the early days. He was alright.

Tony - he didn't post much but his cyberface patches were head and shoulders above the competition. He made me want to patch.

Riot - i initially met him in some nba live sim league along with bhzmafia. Riot had an amazing transformation from annoying overactive n00b to quality poster. Was riot the one that had like 72 posts on his first day?

Jugs - I lol'd at this:

Another 12 year old who looked like Luke Ridnour in his rookie season. Another one of the few people to add me on MSN. We had some pretty funny chats every now and then.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :lol:

cklistie/Drex/Cyanide/Colin/Kevin/Cableguy/The Goat/Indy all sorta merge into one for me since they were active during the periods that i was inactive but they all seemed quality.

There's a few other posters aswell that i'm sure i'm forgetting that were good'ns... i'll post em if i remember...
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Good to see you checking in here and in the 2K12 section. (Y)

You know, you see people flame out of forums because they've had enough and want to go off and do other things and I've never really understood that, even more so when they suddenly start airing complaints in their farewell posts that they've been keeping bottled up...but that's another issue entirely. Anyway, seems to me the thing to do is to withdraw/disappear gracefully, maybe with a post or PM bidding a cordial farewell to the other forum members you do get along with and move on, not burning any bridges. That way you can stop by again or start posting more regularly if you feel like it and there's no ill will on either side.

To cut a long story short, it's good to see people like yourself who have moved on to other things but will still drop by from time to time and fit right in. I feel that's the way it should be and while things do happen and there are falling outs, the flaming out in a blaze of glory just seems so pointless to me. So yeah, thanks for not being one of those people. ;)

Nick wrote:Looking over some of the forum topics, i can see why many of the vets are bored and frustrated. Booorrrrriiinnnngggg! Where are all the interesting topics?? Where's the sense of community?? That's what i liked most about nlsc back in the day. NBA Live the game was shit but the community surrounding it was awesome.
Now when we finally have a game (2k12) we can hang our hats on, the community has already shapeshifted (yes the 2k12 soundtrack has absorbed well into my brain) into a bunch of 14 yr old illiterate retards?
Correct me if i'm wrong!

Kind of, I would agree that's part of it but at the end of the day I feel that a forum is what its members make it. If we all sit around pining for the "good old days", wringing our hands and sighing at the lack of interesting posts, then no interesting posts are being made. I believe there's a bit of "put up or shut up" on all of us when it comes to interesting topics, because at any time any of us can create a new topic that's of interest to us. I'm not saying it isn't a legitimate complaint, but we all have the ability to do something about it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Nick on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Andrew wrote:Kind of, I would agree that's part of it but at the end of the day I feel that a forum is what its members make it. If we all sit around pining for the "good old days", wringing our hands and sighing at the lack of interesting posts, then no interesting posts are being made. I believe there's a bit of "put up or shut up" on all of us when it comes to interesting topics, because at any time any of us can create a new topic that's of interest to us. I'm not saying it isn't a legitimate complaint, but we all have the ability to do something about it.

Perhaps that paragraph i wrote was a little over the top. I guess the hidden agenda/intention there is to encourage/motivate the younger posters that may be reading to lift their game. ;)
Andrew wrote:To cut a long story short, it's good to see people like yourself who have moved on to other things but will still drop by from time to time and fit right in. I feel that's the way it should be and while things do happen and there are falling outs, the flaming out in a blaze of glory just seems so pointless to me. So yeah, thanks for not being one of those people. ;)

Well said.
And you're welcome!
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:22 pm

I think that's true too, but it's something some people have to grow into. All the same, if ten people are sitting around griping about the good old days and complaining that there aren't any interesting topics, that's ten people who could be doing something about it by creating a topic or two each. When it comes to an interactive feature like a forum, it's on all of us to make the most of it. I think as many of us need to bring our A game as possible and it's by the vets leading the way that newbies can learn. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:23 pm

yeah i agree Tony's patches were definitely the best, but Shane's were up there too
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:24 pm

I have to give a +1 to Tony too. Back in the day, each released work of his is an automatic download for me.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby kevC on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:00 am

No one misses me? I still lurk sometimes.
I slip away
I slipped on a little white lie
We've got heads on sticks, You've got ventriloquists
Standing in the shadows at the end of my bed
kevC

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:02 am

best part was that back then, patches were made because they were needed, not because someone just got bored. sure, there were more than your fair share of (for example) kobe bryant CFs, but for the most part back then people made updates for things that needed updates. one thing that i don't really like nowadays is that it seems that people make patches just for the sake of making them when it really didn't need changing in the first place [/rant]

kevC wrote:No one misses me? I still lurk sometimes.

i get enough of you on your random Texas facebook updates :lol:
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby J@3 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:48 am

I remember Tony was so outraged about LeBron having visible earwax in one picture once that he included it in his LeBron update
J@3

Postby The X on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:30 am

Jae wrote:I remember Tony was so outraged about LeBron having visible earwax in one picture once that he included it in his LeBron update

:lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:39 am

He also made a pretty cool Jason Kidd black eye face and I believe an "if Shaq connected on that punch" face for Brad Miller that was awesome too.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:23 am

Qballer wrote:best part was that back then, patches were made because they were needed, not because someone just got bored. sure, there were more than your fair share of (for example) kobe bryant CFs, but for the most part back then people made updates for things that needed updates. one thing that i don't really like nowadays is that it seems that people make patches just for the sake of making them when it really didn't need changing in the first place [/rant]

preach brothah preach, couldn't agree more
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Jowe on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:11 pm

Nick wrote:

Looking over some of the forum topics, i can see why many of the vets are bored and frustrated. Booorrrrriiinnnngggg! Where are all the interesting topics?? Where's the sense of community?? That's what i liked most about nlsc back in the day. NBA Live the game was shit but the community surrounding it was awesome.
Correct me if i'm wrong!

I agree with this, where is everyone on the forum ( can barely get any replies in my patch thread :lol: )? I blame EA for deciding to stop making crappy NBA games.. by not releasing any nore nba games. :lol:

Jowe :geek: - Probably the one i talked to offline the most and logged the most MSN archived files with. Particularly in the 2002-2005ish sort of era. We even had our own patching site once. He was really friendly when i first "met" him, but he eventually developed a mean streak and started hating everything. :lol:

WAS? :x I'm still friendly dude, well when I'm sober.

Andrew wrote:He also made a pretty cool Jason Kidd black eye face and I believe an "if Shaq connected on that punch" face for Brad Miller that was awesome too.

He also made a ton of super hero's for nba live when he got his hands on the headshape editor. :lol:

I seem to remember there was a person who thought Jamaal Tinsley would be a lock for MVP? :lol:
i'd suck allen iverson's cock any day -
just so i could say i've met allen iverson
Jowe

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:46 pm

The 2K sections have been pretty busy the past couple of years but the general sections aren't as popular. Like I said though, it's about what everyone puts in. If everyone sits around waiting for someone to create threads that are of interest to them, then no interesting threads are created.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby J@3 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:03 pm

I don't think the threads being created are the problem I think the overall poster quality is just low. These things usually come in waves so hopefully it'll pick back up again we've just got to keep it rolling until the Philippines find a new NBA video game website to visit and the average poster age rises above 16.
J@3

Postby deihatein on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Jae wrote:I don't think the threads being created are the problem I think the overall poster quality is just low. These things usually come in waves so hopefully it'll pick back up again we've just got to keep it rolling until the Philippines find a new NBA video game website to visit and the average poster age rises above 16.

:lol:
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Martti. on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:30 am

As early on I only browsed the dynasty stories section, I remember Pursuer and Marquis. Those two really inspired me with their awesome stories.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic