NBA 2K12 Quick Impressions & Questions

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

NBA 2K12 Quick Impressions & Questions

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:19 pm

We definitely don't want to restrict and stifle discussion here in the NBA 2K12 section, but I figured I'd create a sticky thread for those who just want to post quick impressions of the game or ask questions of those who have the game. If you want to post lengthy impressions and reviews, post videos or talk about anything in the game in general, by all means create a new thread but for quick thoughts or questions, please feel free to use this sticky. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA 2K12 Quick Impressions & Questions

Postby JWL3 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:17 pm

For PC version:

Can someone please tell me how many USB controllers it will max out at? (Please don't be 3, please don't be 3...)
JWL3

Postby StompTheCourt on Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:17 pm

OK well let me start with this for those people out there that are joining our online leagues if you think your going to do this with a pirated game think again, 2K has taken a lot of steps to make sure that you have a legit copy of the game before you even think about getting on so if you have joined our league and planned on using a pirated copy of the game please with draw your team pick because it will be impossible. first thing I noticed players are all shiny its kinda weird but up close they look like wax :lol: ummmmm layups and the jukes are a lot more smoother this year i really enjoy that part of the game haven't really done much dunking yet its not as easy as it usually is...passing seems to be a little off 85% of the time I would throw a pass there was 1 second delay which made me turn over the ball quite a bit. that's it for now still test if you have any questions about the game please feel free to ask
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby gabolifal on Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Oh my gosh, NBA 2k12!!!! Man, not buying this game is a bad mistake and I'm not talking about online functions, because it never worked properly... But I don't believe a 30 bucks game will have decent online gameplay. But as soon as you can evaluate the online I'll be happy man, congrats for the game!!!
gabolifal

Postby StompTheCourt on Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:45 pm

I have tried to get online so far and it says there are 23 people online but couldn't get a match up with anyone right now but will try again tomorrow, also we do have basically the same menus the only difference is you don't see the pictures of the players in the back of the menu but its the same thing for PC not like it was in 2k10 and 2k11
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:56 pm

StompTheCourt wrote:I have tried to get online so far and it says there are 23 people online but couldn't get a match up with anyone right now but will try again tomorrow, also we do have basically the same menus the only difference is you don't see the pictures of the players in the back of the menu but its the same thing for PC not like it was in 2k10 and 2k11

That's good news regarding the menus, players don't look like the consoles right? Like the shaders? Also did you notice if we finally had custom music?
Sorry bout all the questions STC just a little anxious :D
qfrmcpt310

Postby StompTheCourt on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:21 pm

qfrmcpt310 wrote:
StompTheCourt wrote:I have tried to get online so far and it says there are 23 people online but couldn't get a match up with anyone right now but will try again tomorrow, also we do have basically the same menus the only difference is you don't see the pictures of the players in the back of the menu but its the same thing for PC not like it was in 2k10 and 2k11

That's good news regarding the menus, players don't look like the consoles right? Like the shaders? Also did you notice if we finally had custom music?

looks like we did not get the shadows again man sorry I wanted them to, customer music no
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:30 pm

StompTheCourt wrote:
qfrmcpt310 wrote:

looks like we did not get the shadows again man sorry I wanted them to, customer music no

Well that sucks :lol: , I guess we get what we paid for. Oh well I'll be using ENB again this year then (Y)
qfrmcpt310

Postby kobebryant24 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:01 pm

Stomp, I want to ask you ,when you play on HOF ,how is the cpu plays, i mean is he scoring on every posession always makes the perfect release ?! and one more thing to ask how's the PA announcer ?!
To be THE BEST...... you have to be THE BEST !
kobebryant24

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Good news on the menus. (Y)

Would you please be able to upload the roster files so we could take a look at them, see if they can be opened with the latest version of REDitor II? If not much has changed, we might be able to start editing early.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby maumau78 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Are the new rims in??
XBOX360 and PS3 got those new rim....does the PC version have them?

Thanks in advance..I'm from EU and I'll get the game only on 7th :-/

Regards
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby pinoyako2k7 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Andrew wrote:

Would you please be able to upload the roster files so we could take a look at them, see if they can be opened with the latest version of REDitor II? If not much has changed, we might be able to start editing early.

I agree with this one would you please upload it because i think reditor II will no longer work on it so that vlad can now look on it. I also hope that the iff editor will be updated bec. according to you stomp the old ones doesn't work on it to bad for us.
pinoyako2k7

Postby volsey on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:08 am

How's the audio on the PC? Does it support surround sound yet and if not how is the quality.

I know 2k10's for pc was a huge step back coming from PS3.
volsey

Postby StompTheCourt on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:10 am

Andrew wrote:

Yeah do you want me to send them to you or should I just send directly to vl@d

Edit - Roster - http://www.sendspace.com/file/d33og9

Edit Sorry guys not even mod tool works this year :cry:
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby jmmontoro on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:28 am

Hey guys, just wanted to ask if you know if the US/EU differences are still present this year. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
jmmontoro

Postby iPrototype on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:37 am

Let me add a few things that just blew me away.

- Replay! Instant replay! It has this thing called "directors cut" which is basically making a movie of the loaded replay. Like how a game would do on a sprite slam cam but with any loaded replay.
- Their is ranks for online, rookie-pro-etc.. Doing the training camp takes you all the way to pro but it's kind of long.
- POST PLAY! I used to be one of the rare few that actually used it in the previous games but now it's just so smooth! It's a gamble though, you don't go left if your opponent cuts right.
- Off-Ball juke moves - This is more for my player but you can do cuts, sprints and any other move to get open when you're off the ball.
- Everything has a more on the fly type of game. Now you run quick plays like Iso and post but it automatically goes to the best player for that type of move "Celtics - Bird gets open, McHale in post, Johnson Iso" You can also change the camera ON THE FLY by pressing up on the D-Pad. The only thing that kind of bums me out is you can't check the stats of your players when you're on offense to see who's close to a double-double etc...

and then there's NBA greatest mode... *sigh* :bowdown2:
iPrototype

Postby StompTheCourt on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:05 am

Just played my first game online and it was terrible very laggy and there is a bug with shooting free throws its impossible to make them my self and my opponent kept fouling each other in the last 30 seconds because we knew neither one of us could hit them but I still won the game even though it was a terrible game
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby iPrototype on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:08 am

PC right?
iPrototype

Postby StompTheCourt on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:24 am

iPrototype wrote:PC right?

yeah
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby teejay_nlsc on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:28 am

StompTheCourt wrote:Just played my first game online and it was terrible very laggy and there is a bug with shooting free throws its impossible to make them my self and my opponent kept fouling each other in the last 30 seconds because we knew neither one of us could hit them but I still won the game even though it was a terrible game

Just wondering, does the graphics in online mode turns at low setting even in offline you are at high settings like in 2k11? I will appreciate your response.
teejay_nlsc

Postby StompTheCourt on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:30 am

teejay_nlsc wrote:
StompTheCourt wrote:Just played my first game online and it was terrible very laggy and there is a bug with shooting free throws its impossible to make them my self and my opponent kept fouling each other in the last 30 seconds because we knew neither one of us could hit them but I still won the game even though it was a terrible game

Just wondering, does the graphics in online mode turns at low setting even in offline you are at high settings like in 2k11? I will appreciate your response.

Yeah it did do that (Y)
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby teejay_nlsc on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:40 am

StompTheCourt wrote:
teejay_nlsc wrote:

Yeah it did do that (Y)

Thanks bro. Before the release i am hoping that this issue would have been resolved :(
teejay_nlsc

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:47 am

So I played one full game and the first couple minutes of an online game (I quit because of low settings, locked at 15 fps even though I benchmarked, and the game running at half speed)

gameplay is pretty awesome. I love the live ball stuff, you have to be very careful with abusing the block button this year (so many fouls because of running into players)
I had this one play where Jeff Green picked off a Joakim Noah pass and ran into him after grabbing the ball. Charge on Green. Pretty cool sequence.
I love the new shooting mechanics and the post play.
I didn't have any of the "offline lag" i noticed in the demo, but you do need to account for momentum more this year on D
AI played really good from what I saw, Rose dominated the ball and was involved in nearly every play.
Wrap up "hard" fouls were cool, did it back to back from fast breaks and the game awarded the other player the clear path foul 2 shot + pos technical.
yea, it was a lot of fun, I'm converting videos and I will join them up & post it when it's done.

Oh, and the "Beluba" cam is awesome, I love it.

and you can save pressbooks right to your harddrive now, still gotta share them all or none though
My HP thing is where you upload "Direct Uploads" now, you can't do it straight to YouTube or in game (they goto nba2k.com)
Reelmaker is the same as last year, crappy AA, no sweat, shitty textures, same tools and stuff too. Again, shares to nba2k.com
Although I'm all linked up to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, I think all the real integration of that comes from the website not within the game.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby StormsWarning on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:47 am

sounds good so far,i dont like the sound of this online situation though, sounds like offline is just as it was last year, which is a good thing, not good for online, maybe that patch, that comes next year...will help the online.

it's also disappointing hearing that the custom arena music is not in, why does it say it in the manual, but its not there ?
Favorite Teams

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Cavaliers

Live Video Game Streamiing https://beam.pro/Stormz_Warning
StormsWarning

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:01 am

i dont know...
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer