Da Czar's Play of the Day - Wizards

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Da Czar's Play of the Day - Wizards

Postby JaoSming on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:53 am

Heeeee's baaaaaaaack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfGfHa4whOg

Random things to note.
Look at the crowd attendance when the Mavs are at home against the Spurs and Hawks.
That "lite" play calling option is almost exactly like Live 10's
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Da Czar's Play of the Day - Mavs

Postby Mavs4Life on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:47 am

Good to know, Corwds will change depnding on the game.
Mavs4Life

Postby gabolifal on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:01 pm

This is just amazing!!! But... All that options will only be efective if and only if, the defensive AI creates a resistance like the insights discussed. Because, if is too easy to score, nobody will use that kind of nice feature. By the way, in wich difficult the demo is set to?
gabolifal

Postby atlwarrior on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:04 pm

I like. Plays are actually looking a little useful this year.
atlwarrior

Postby JaoSming on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:04 pm

default difficulty, casual sliders
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Phraynk on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Hot zones from Live 08!
"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess."
Phraynk

Postby bowdown on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:39 pm

man idk how i feel about hotzones. I just want to play basketball not switch to a indicator telling me where I should shoot teh ball from to make it more likely to go in.
bowdown

Postby Phraynk on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:42 pm

True that, but still, it's a fun little thing to do.
Phraynk

Postby bowdown on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:43 pm

I hope its not another form of cheese in this game...just look at where you shoot really well from and keep shooting it from there... that would make it feel lame.
bowdown

Postby Phraynk on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:47 pm

People these days.
Phraynk

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Awesome stuff from Czar, as always. Both options for play indicators look good but I think I'll stick with the more complex version off the bat, for those added details on how to run the various plays.

bowdown wrote:man idk how i feel about hotzones. I just want to play basketball not switch to a indicator telling me where I should shoot teh ball from to make it more likely to go in.

You don't have to keep doing it if you familiarise yourself with certain players and know their tendencies and abilities.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby fjccommish on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:21 pm

"This is just amazing!!! But... All that options will only be efective if and only if, the defensive AI creates a resistance like the insights discussed. Because, if is too easy to score, nobody will use that kind of nice feature. By the way, in wich difficult the demo is set to?"

That's true. For example in the Demo people explore the post options because they want to try the moves, not because they have to. It's pretty easy, in the demo, to score 15-20 in a 4 minute quarter without using post moves or any of the dribble moves. Teams in the NBA don't run plays just because the coach wants them to run them. They run plays because they have to run them to score and to win.

That brings up a question. Czar answered that the DEMO is default casual. In this video, what game play level is shown?

Czar has picked up where he left off last year. His explanation of these plays is excellent. It not only teaches about the 2K game, but I've used some of his explanations to learn plays for the real court during pickup games. I'm not that skilled, but can put up some points and assists when Czar powered.

Of course we also know this is Czar's way of rubbing it in that he has the full game and we don't.
fjccommish

Postby bowdown on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Andrew wrote:Awesome stuff from Czar, as always. Both options for play indicators look good but I think I'll stick with the more complex version off the bat, for those added details on how to run the various plays.

bowdown wrote:man idk how i feel about hotzones. I just want to play basketball not switch to a indicator telling me where I should shoot teh ball from to make it more likely to go in.

You don't have to keep doing it if you familiarise yourself with certain players and know their tendencies and abilities.

All I care for is that the hotzone thing does not become some sort of unrealistic advantage or disadvantage. If they are gonna take the shot chart for the whole career of a player then it would be pretty realistic but idk about shot chart from one season only.

Doesnt matter if I see the hotzone or not but if they have rigged places on court where my player shoots really bad i would have to know.

Trying to run to a specific spot on the court just to take a shot seems silly to me. In real life basketball players dont catch the ball...then think about which exact space on the court they should shoot from and then try to get themselves open in that specific area.

Whatever. I dont know how well they have implemented the hotzone in this game but I am hoping it would not ruin the authenticity of a real sim style play. That is all.
bowdown

Postby koberulz on Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:51 pm

bowdown wrote:Trying to run to a specific spot on the court just to take a shot seems silly to me. In real life basketball players dont catch the ball...then think about which exact space on the court they should shoot from and then try to get themselves open in that specific area.

Not quite, but very close.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby kobebryant24 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:03 pm

JaoSming thanks for the vid , i hope you will continue posting such videos of other teams. About the hotZone i don't like it too , beacause it seems not very smart to run on certain areas on the court and to shoot. Thats why i never use this, but of course every person has different opinion about that , and 2k want to make 2k12 a very complex game. I also like the crowd, and I don't but when I saw the first 1 minute of this clip , I thought this is the real NBA. :D HOPE ALSO TO HAVE A SEASON IN NBA ,because without IT the game wouldn't be the same.
To be THE BEST...... you have to be THE BEST !
kobebryant24

Postby _Steve_ on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:31 pm

bowdown wrote:Trying to run to a specific spot on the court just to take a shot seems silly to me. In real life basketball players dont catch the ball...then think about which exact space on the court they should shoot from and then try to get themselves open in that specific area.

Well, I did in my playing days. Had a good midrange shot around the key and my favorite spots to knock it down from. Tried to get there und shot from that positions. Also tried to avoid shots from the corner... So this hot zones seem pretty good for me.
Really like the new play calling system.
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby bowdown on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:45 pm

ill wait and see how i feel about it in the game.

koberulz wrote:

Not quite, but very close.

Yes I know it sounds like what the real deal is but Paul Pierce wont catch the ball... having his hot spot in mind while shooting. " Oh let me take a couple more steps into that specific area where I am lot more likely to hit from". If he is open from anywhere...he shoots it.

Plus one more thing...If this Hot Spot thing is actually dynamic...then it would not matter much. By that I mean that the player can actually improve himself from spots rather than the game permanently determining his ability from certain areas on the court. I never played NBA Live which had the hotspot thing so I dont know.
Last edited by bowdown on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bowdown

Postby koberulz on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:33 pm

bowdown wrote:Yes I know it sounds like what the real deal is but Paul Pierce wont catch the ball... having his hot spot in mind while shooting. " Oh let me take a couple more steps into that specific area where I am lot more likely to hit from". If he is open from anywhere...he shoots it.

Coaching staffs in the NBA have the same sort of hot spot data (except waaaaay more specific) and structure things to try and get their players the best shots possible. Exactly how you'd do it in 2k12.
koberulz

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:43 pm

I love it. It's about time these plays had multiple options. They did in 2K11, they just didn't point them out, nor did they branch out further like that last play where Dirk posted up twice then set a high screen.

The problem with hotspots is if the player has a high tendency to shoot in that same hotspot, it can be cheese city.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bowdown on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:58 pm

koberulz wrote:
bowdown wrote:Yes I know it sounds like what the real deal is but Paul Pierce wont catch the ball... having his hot spot in mind while shooting. " Oh let me take a couple more steps into that specific area where I am lot more likely to hit from". If he is open from anywhere...he shoots it.

Coaching staffs in the NBA have the same sort of hot spot data (except waaaaay more specific) and structure things to try and get their players the best shots possible. Exactly how you'd do it in 2k12.

Point taken. But in the video game as Me and Pdub mentioned could become cheesy and feel inauthentic. We'll just wait and see how they have incorporated it.
bowdown

Postby George7 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:27 pm

NIce,really nice.
The fact that we're going to have more options in the plays,will be a huge plus.I rarely play more than one kind of play in a game,but now,the more options we have the better it will be. Really good thing that they added that "lite" option as well,as it will be a little better for in-game situations,while the full will be better for practice...
George7

Postby AMenace on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:44 pm

fjccommish wrote:It not only teaches about the 2K game, but I've used some of his explanations to learn plays for the real court during pickup games. I'm not that skilled, but can put up some points and assists when Czar powered.

Glad to see i'm not the only one who used NBA 2K11 plays for actual games, I coached an U16's team and taught them the plays from the OKC Thunder, and because they all had the game, the offense was second nature very quickly, and they ended up winning the championship! Gonna do the same with NBA 2K12, it's just helped my coaching so much, I know my players are gonna get their shot off, and they can shoot... Can't wait to see what NBA 2K12 brings, as I need a new offense for next season xD

Hurry up October 7, feels like years away! My copy of NBA 2K11 will have to do though until then...
#thereturn
AMenace
A comeback??
Contributor

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:45 pm

bowdown wrote:Plus one more thing...If this Hot Spot thing is actually dynamic...then it would not matter much. By that I mean that the player can actually improve himself from spots rather than the game permanently determining his ability from certain areas on the court. I never played NBA Live which had the hotspot thing so I dont know.

To my knowledge, it's dynamic. The Hot Spots ratings do change season after season based on the change of the Players' Attribute ratings, that's why I never bother tweaking it in Association since my changes wouldn't be kept. The Hot Spots for the first season are based on actual NBA stats (I guess from 82games.com, 2K's source), while the succeeding seasons will be based on the players' attributes as mentioned.

What I would like to be dynamic is the Player Tendencies. It doesn't change. Rondo could improve his shooting and yet his old shooting tendencies will remain more or less the same.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby deihatein on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:59 pm

That was a nice video. Can't wait to try out the mavs play. I hope there will be a alley-oop play of Kidd to Chandler.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby koberulz on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:25 pm

George7 wrote:Really good thing that they added that "lite" option as well,as it will be a little better for in-game situations,while the full will be better for practice...

It was in last year, too.
koberulz

Next

Return to NBA 2K12