the "My Player is fucking annoying" thread.

Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

Re: the "My Player is fucking annoying" thread.

Postby RedPhazon8 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:48 am

The timer is even smaller for a SF, if you were a LBJ type of SF that uses a lot of isolation. 3/4s of the time you'll be penalized for the most part while waiting for the rest of the team to set up.
RedPhazon8

Postby rise on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:22 am

RedPhazon8 wrote:I don't know if anyone said this yet, but the most annoying thing for me is getting penalized for holding the ball too long. I don't ball hog, but there's some points in a game where I should keep rather than pass it, but the game doesn't recognize situations, it goes off some timer and when it hits zero...your screwed.
Yeah it's really annoying. I'm a point guard, who sometimes is put in as a SG or SF. There are a lot of PGs who just hold the ball until the shot clock is at 5, then will either pass to a man who is not open, or just shoot. Jason Kidd regularly does that and it pisses me off, because there are times when I want to dribble around and look for a good shot, but once the shot clock is down to 8-12 or something, you just lose the better part of a bar on the team mate grade. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mavs4Life wrote:Agreed, winning is tough even on low difficullty. I wish there'd be a mode where you were already set as the team's superstar & you got to influence alot of things, like firing coaches, trading key players.
I don't know about that, but the game should definitely be aware that you are a main guy on the team, but sometimes (in real life) it doesn't work out that way, like the Gerald Wallace trade. Paul Silas and the team were all sure G-Wall would not be traded, and the next day, it happened. But I like what you said, but you can't have total control over that.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Kenny on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:59 pm

I have a lot of beefs with the mode, but the main one would be that the step between Pro and All-Star is too big. With pro, you can have 50+ nights regularly, but if you set it to All-Star, you basically have 4 Kwame Browns around you. I also hate the fact that you can have an awesome night and the reports will still ask you about your weakest stat (Eg: you could have a triple-double, but if you have 4 turnovers, they'll ask you about that).

I actually enjoyed working my way up through the D-League on 2k10, but the fact I couldn't adjust the game times really killed it for me, so that's one place 2k11 has improved.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:57 pm

badreligionau wrote:I also hate the fact that you can have an awesome night and the reports will still ask you about your weakest stat (Eg: you could have a triple-double, but if you have 4 turnovers, they'll ask you about that).

Take it easy there LeBron. :lol:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby rise on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:09 am

Kevin Durant is shooting 34% from the field and averaging 20ppg, while Eric Gordon has 11.2ppg on even worse shooting! Serge Ibaka bolted in free agency, and our starting power forward is soft as fuck, while we have a 6ppg, 7rpg, 0.5bpg Kendrick Perkins at center. I'm impressed by some of the rookies we've picked up, but that doesn't make up for the fact that we've lost Westbrook and Ibaka to free agency. I never thought I'd be carrying a team with Durant and Gordon, but I'm averaging 36.5ppg, 7rpg, 6.5apg, 2.8spg, and 1.0bpg on 55 FG% and 49.2 3P% while sinking approximately 5-6 threes per game.
Surprisingly, we're 22-3 at the moment, behind the Brooks (80-something)-Mayo(90)-Gay(94)-Tyson Chandler(75)-rookie center(80+) Memphis Grizzlies, who also have four bench players rated 75+.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby rise on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:07 am

My team's rotation is out of whack. I'm in my fifth season now: our line-up is: me (99), Gordon (80), Durant (95), Jerebko (66), Perkins (75), with an Al Horford-like forward off the bench (77-rated 6th man), Josh Childress (74), an old Stephen Jackson (69), and some 60-65 rated scrubs. It's a great team and we've won two consecutive championships, but this season, our team only has three bigs in the twelve-man rotation, and our team is small to the point that Eric Gordon gets regular minutes at the 4 every game. My player is 6'7 and definitely athletic and versatile enough to play the 4, yet the team insists on a lineup of me, two other point guards, Gordon, and Durant from 1-5 quite often.

On a positive note, in Game 7 of the NBA Finals I got my first quadruple-double with 37 points, 12 rebounds, 12 assists, and 10 steals. My end-of-season totals were 40.2ppg, 6.6rpg, 6.4apg, 3.3spg, and a block with 54% shooting on both 3s and FGs. :D
rise
Contributor

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:42 am

Jesus. How many minutes are you playing?. I haven't figured out how people are scoring like that. I had to call for the ball almost every possession on the last game of my first season to put up a career high of 49 to get me at 20 ppg for the season.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MetroGwapo on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:05 pm

How do you physically rough up an opposing player? I've gotten games down the wire where I've held down "Intense-D" yet the dunker magically slides by me. Does the strength stat affect this because my onball D stat is already at 85.
MetroGwapo

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:03 am

So, you want to foul them when they are attempting a dunk? Hold the right trigger and push the right stick in their direction.

The lack of collision animations when the user is defending is well known. I couldn't tell you if it is a game issue or something we havent really figured out yet. My theory is that the cpu waits for an opening before attempting a layup or dunk, while the user will attempt them regardless of the defenders position.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby rise on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:58 pm

Pdub wrote:Jesus. How many minutes are you playing?. I haven't figured out how people are scoring like that. I had to call for the ball almost every possession on the last game of my first season to put up a career high of 49 to get me at 20 ppg for the season.

8-9 minute quarters, while playing under 25mpg because of persistent foul trouble. I've actually had an 89 and a 90 point game, each with double-digit steals. Size is insanely helpful in MP, but unfortunately, the AI is stupid because Kevin Durant, Gordon, and all the offensive weapons on my team have all magically turned into a crappy version of Boris Diaw (all they do is pass me the ball- even if I pass to them when they are RIGHT NEXT TO THE BASKET, WIDE OPEN, they'll regularly attempt contested passes that get picked off- even Boris Diaw can do better than this!). KD finished the season with 19ppg, Gordon with 12, and me with over 40. Somehow we only lost about 20 games, got the top seed all the way thorough the playoffs, and won the championship. There is no way I should have to singlehandedly carry a team with KD and EG for entire seasons.

I'm also an insane three point shooter. I was shooting something like 11 threes a game last season at above 50%, and I nearly doubled the previous 3pters in a season record. :oops: :lol:
rise
Contributor

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:30 pm

I was hitting insane 3pters for a while, then they turned into bricks. I wonder what happened.

Anyway, I carried my tream to victory in game 2 of the first round. We had a double digit lead for most of the game, and the Warriors came back. I hit the game winning buzzer beater. Thank god Chalmers passed it to me in the back court as he was turboing his way up with 9 seconds left. Much more relief than excitement, though. Can't go down 0-2 going to Oakland.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MetroGwapo on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Pdub wrote:So, you want to foul them when they are attempting a dunk? Hold the right trigger and push the right stick in their direction.

The lack of collision animations when the user is defending is well known. I couldn't tell you if it is a game issue or something we havent really figured out yet. My theory is that the cpu waits for an opening before attempting a layup or dunk, while the user will attempt them regardless of the defenders position.

Not really foul them, rather bump them back like what they do to me. Is it even possible?
MetroGwapo

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:27 am

Yeah. I've done it several times. When they are setting up to drive, hold the left and right triggers to get in the defensive stance. When they make their move, go backwards first, and then a bit to the side and they should bump into you. The cpu is persistent, and will try another move or change direction. I've got crossed up pretty bad when trying to steal during the bumping animation, too. However, I have also forced a pick up, a charge, and stolen the ball.

I'm not sure how to create a collision animation when they actually start their shot. Maybe using the right stick without pressing the right trigger will work.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby rise on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:25 am

I don't bother, I just reject the crap out of the shot. :lol:
rise
Contributor

Postby MetroGwapo on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:00 am

Pardon the mutilated grammar, so the LT+RT as I understand from the manual and 2K's press release is a turbofied defensive stance?
MetroGwapo

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:07 am

Yes, that is correct.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SHEED36 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:54 am

The real problem with My Player are those annoying trades... IN the first year Detroit Pistons trade the ENTIRE TEAM but me for R. Hibbert, P George, Gallinari and the ball hog Baron Davis...Ok a lot of talent but then next year i put the trades off until january... to turn it on and suddenly they trade away the best player R. Hibbert for a bunch of PG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I'm PG....now we have 6 PG LOL What a Hell what was going on with this devs?!? They even play this game?
SHEED36

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:17 am

I asked to be traded to the Clippers, and I got my wish. I play one game with Blake Griffin, and then they trade him and Mo Williams for Rajon Rondo and Anderson Varejao. I requested a trade immediately to the Knicks, who will probably trade Melo and Amare if I land there.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby rise on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:01 am

Yeah, I remember when I requested a trade to Portland because I wanted to play with and throw alley-oops to LMA, and I got my wish (one of the few times), and then LMA was traded for Anthony Randolph.
rise
Contributor

Previous

Return to NBA 2K11