the "My Player is fucking annoying" thread.

Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

Re: Is it just me or is My Player REALLY agitating?

Postby rise on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:06 am

rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby _Steve_ on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Then I'd say it's really tough luck.
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby karlsanada10 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:37 pm

He's probably a reckless player.xD
karlsanada10

Postby Mavs4Life on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:51 am

As I've said befor the CPU is cheese! Like benji said, you always play 30 minutes a game, even though you're supposed to be a bench scrub, & when your on fire, they take you out in the 4th. Why My Player is always the last resort when I buy 2k.
Mavs4Life

Postby karlsanada10 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:46 am

LOL. NBA 2k10 is a bit better than 2k11.-.- 2k12, if my laptop can handle you, please, have a better my player mode since I can't play associations for some reason.
karlsanada10

Postby rise on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:33 pm

I got snubbed from the All Rookie team, despite averages of 24.9 ppg, 1.9 apg, and 2.0 rpg. Landry Fields had 9 points and 5 rebounds and made it! WTF?

For my sanity, I started an association with the Blazers.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby karlsanada10 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:22 pm

LMAO. Good for you.xD
karlsanada10

Postby Jack Bauer GB on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:01 am

I've really enjoyed my player. The only things that bug me are how brutally you're penalised for having the ball for too long. You get about 4 seconds to get the the rim before being robbed of a grade.
Jack Bauer GB

Postby karlsanada10 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:56 pm

Indeed. I can't hog the ball unless I get a stable A+ grade.
karlsanada10

Postby Jack Bauer GB on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:05 am

Dont get me wrong, I'm not a ball hog, but wen I'm chasing Assists for an objective it's easier to go inside outside and free up Melo or draw a double team and feed to Amar'e but usually by the time I do it I've losta. Whole grade.

Another thing that agitated me... Had a 3 hour session today, we'notched up 10 wins in a row with my Knicks team including victories against Orlando, Miami and a double header againt the C's. The first time in my career I've been in a team that really clicks and knows how to win games. I'm playing the best ball of my career, I go up for a euro step and make Nene look STUPID and he mauls me. I get injured, sim to the end of the game and if crashes and I hadn't saved for 5 games.... Damn you 2k... Damn you. Guess what hPpened when I plYed the games again.... Lost to the heat and once to the C's unable to caPture my previous form missing out on the skill points I'd earnt befre and a player of the week. Needless to say autosave is on now!
Jack Bauer GB

Postby rise on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:05 pm

That's really your fault, not 2k's, but I understand the frustration. :lol:
rise
Contributor

Postby Jack Bauer GB on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:22 pm

z02 wrote:That's really your fault, not 2k's, but I understand the frustration. :lol:

That's whats so frustrating about it! but I'm not going to blame myself!! :lol:
Jack Bauer GB

Postby karlsanada10 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Haha. I keep autosave on always. xD

And we're winning now. Thank goodness! :D Still, won't clinch a spot on playoffs.:( And jsyk, I won't go to other team unless I get traded without my permission.
karlsanada10

Postby Jack Bauer GB on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:14 pm

Glad to hear it. We've struggled for a few games because Melo's been carrying an injury. We're awesome going forward and have me as top scorer in the league with 16ppg and Melo in 3rd with 12 (5 mins quarters). Our only weak point is our 66 rated rookie centre. He's big though and gets rebounds, but it's like watching the Big Show play basketball.
Jack Bauer GB

Postby rise on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:56 am

Jack Bauer GB wrote:
z02 wrote:That's really your fault, not 2k's, but I understand the frustration. :lol:

That's whats so frustrating about it! but I'm not going to blame myself!! :lol:

When you don't turn on Autosave, you should be blaming yourself. :lol:
rise
Contributor

Postby Jack Bauer GB on Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:19 am

Ok ok ok lol
Jack Bauer GB

Postby Infernales on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Mavs4Life wrote:As I've said befor the CPU is cheese! Like benji said, you always play 30 minutes a game, even though you're supposed to be a bench scrub, & when your on fire, they take you out in the 4th. Why My Player is always the last resort when I buy 2k.

Just one of the reasons why I gave up on My Player mode..have been playing on Association ever since :)
Infernales

Postby fumanchu on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:49 pm

im the MVP and ROY....i score 36ppg...88overall....i started at least 95% of the games of my first season....then suddenly at the finals, they bench me...not get me involved in plays...not pass the ball....they cant shoot...i cant even get my off obj that is to score 18pts in the game coz they bench me....we lost 2 games in a row coz they cant shoot and defend....opponent's killin us...frustrating...
:twisted:
fumanchu
D' Energizer

Postby waterbear on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:20 am

fumanchu wrote:im the MVP and ROY....i score 36ppg...88overall....i started at least 95% of the games of my first season....then suddenly at the finals, they bench me...not get me involved in plays...not pass the ball....they cant shoot...i cant even get my off obj that is to score 18pts in the game coz they bench me....we lost 2 games in a row coz they cant shoot and defend....opponent's killin us...frustrating...

Hey I've been trying to figure it out, but what different players make up the cyberface of the guy in your signature. I've been trying to copy it, but the only two guys with big hair that I know of is Robin Lopez, and the guy from the cavaliers ( I can't think of his name for some reason). Anyways I LOVE the way that guy looks. So any help would be appreciated!
waterbear

Postby Stress Fracture on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:09 pm

I started with the Wizards as the 30th overall pick. 6'8" shooting guard that can play the 1 position. Well, I really don't know why, but Wall's just a ballhog. Dammit. So, I requested for a trade. Got traded to the Spurs with Rashard for Gary Neal. Manu's out for the season so I got the starting nod.

I just noticed that when I score 20+ points, my coach gets fired. It's kinda annoying to be coached by different coaches. I wasn't chosen to the Rookie Challenge despite being the 3rd leading scorer among rookies with 14 ppg. Is is because of my low player rating?
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby rise on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:13 pm

They like to see well rounded #s. The game doesn't like seeing 26/2/3 with a steal every four games. I was once in the All Star discussion with 18/7/5 and 1.7 steals, while shooting 44% from outside.

I've noticed that when you have big games, your team starts to suck and when your team starts losing games, your team starts to self destruct. It usually starts with firing the coach, then trading Lamarcus Aldridge for Anthony Randolph. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
rise
Contributor

Re: the "My Player is fucking annoying" thread.

Postby Mavs4Life on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:37 pm

Agreed, winning is tough even on low difficullty. I wish there'd be a mode where you were already set as the team's superstar & you got to influence alot of things, like firing coaches, trading key players.
Mavs4Life

Postby RedPhazon8 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:15 pm

I don't know if anyone said this yet, but the most annoying thing for me is getting penalized for holding the ball too long. I don't ball hog, but there's some points in a game where I should keep rather than pass it, but the game doesn't recognize situations, it goes off some timer and when it hits zero...your screwed.
RedPhazon8

Postby _Steve_ on Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:49 pm

RedPhazon8 wrote:I don't know if anyone said this yet, but the most annoying thing for me is getting penalized for holding the ball too long. I don't ball hog, but there's some points in a game where I should keep rather than pass it, but the game doesn't recognize situations, it goes off some timer and when it hits zero...your screwed.

Yeah, that really sucks. Had this problem even when playing the 1. But I never really had issues with my teammates hogging the ball. They usually fire away from any angles as soon as they get the ball in their hand.
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Well, it's okay for my teammates to ball hog. But the annoying part is they just fire away even if they're not wide open. An example of that is Rashard Lewis in My Player. And John Wall, too. :evil:
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K11