NCAA MM 2K11 - Patch #6.5 - Final Update

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K11 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NCAA MM 2K11 - Patch #6.5 - Final Update

Postby #basedmods! on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:39 am

#holyswagg bro thts fugging sick!!! (Y) to the million !!! damn bro im like drooling NO JOKE boi!! thts fucking based

EDIT @koresh do u think JOHN Flowers can be on the body type thin or medium? :D
#basedmods!

Postby Sideshow Bob on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:58 am

#basedmods! wrote:#holyswagg bro thts fugging sick!!! (Y) to the million !!! damn bro im like drooling NO JOKE boi!! thts fucking based

LMAO!!!! #swagtothe10th
☆☆
Sideshow Bob
Contributor

Postby kittles7 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:30 am

Guys, I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work you've put in to bring the 2010-2011 college basketball season to life in NBA2K11 on the PC. You've done an incredible job and continue to support the patch. Can't say enough about how much this is appreciated by college basketball fans. For the seniors that graduated, it's a tribute to them to see their team and player likenesses in the game. I just tried patch 6 and i must say it is very impressive. some of the new jerseys i have tested look really nice in-game and are incredibly authentic to real life. the CFs are really good and i see koresh_NIK is still adding more CFs. all the bells and whistles make you feel like you are really playing college hoops 2k11. can't say enough good things about your dedication and commitment to this project.

if there are no plans to release CFs for all the players in the patch, then i'll do my best to update the non-CF / generic faces players in the patch through the in-game editor with the latest . ROS file released and perhaps share my .ROS file editing the non-CF players once I have made some changes. I also have some edited courts and arenas that i can share too if anyone is interested.

Behindshadows, i wanted to congratulate you on your CBSV2 Scoreboard and Replay Swipes. Just wow, and how refreshing it is to have those Road to the Final Four in-game menus. (like in the game options where you select arena) Very nice touch. And the gooey_global.iff in V2 is quite slick. it fits the in-game scoreboard nicely and is authentic to what you would see in real-life.

Fabulous work with that in particular, but I had one question about the global.iff file in your CBSV2. I use a global.iff that has a different lighting scheme and lots of edits in it and when i just replace it with your new global.iff, i lose a bunch of stuff and it's more bright when compared to my old one. i'd like to update my existing global.iff with your road to the final four CBS logos and replay swipes. i tried looking through my global.iff in NBA Mod Tool to find the section ids where those new in-game logos and replay swipes were and i couldn't seem to find them. do you know in which IDs those additions are located within global.iff? there are many ids in global.iff where the logo do not seem to appear when i select it. maybe it's one of those. but i thought that logos like that would be visible. if you know which ids in global.iff have your new in-game CBS / Road the Final four logos and replay swipes, then we could know where to export and then import those into any custom global.iff with different lighting or other mods already in that. i didn't find them when i looked through your global.iff. perhaps i didn't look hard enough. if you could provide any information on how to do something like this it would be greatly appreciated.

there's also the new gamedata.iff where things seem to be easier to find there through NBA Mod Tool when compared to global.iff. and depending on which gamedata.iff and global.iff you use, it can get tricky with referee jerseys and trying to maintain existing lighting and frame rate from custom global.iff with all the great new things in your patch in your global.iff. if we knew which ids in global.iff have those logos, then we could even make our own in-game logos and replay swipes. (not that we need to since yours V2 are so great)

even though some may move onto College Hoops 2K12, this is the roster and season that i want to be playing for many years to come so i will continue to work on this roster, stadiums, courts. and i was thinking about trying to edit some of the the generic coaches faces and hair if possible as many of the coaches in the game don't look like the real coach of the team this past season. (you know, coaches besides the big name coaches like Coack K, Roy Williams, Billy Dononvan, etc who coached these players this past season) any information you could share on editing generic coaches in this patch would be helpful as there maybe some of us interested in working on that moving forward this 2010-2011 roster. Thanks so much for all your contributions and hopefully we can talk about the details of how to do some of these things, and perhaps try to share ideas and information on how to refine some of these finer details in this already amazing patch and rosters for the 2010-11 season.
kittles7

Postby Behindshadows on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:53 am

Thanks kittles7 and Koresh you continue to do great work man...loving it...
Live Life Don't Let Life Live You!
Behindshadows

Postby handlez362 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:13 am

Oklahoma's Court is messed up atleast for me.

Andrew Fitzgerald

handlez362

Postby #basedmods! on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:17 am

eow bro sick :D please make lville players :D
#basedmods!

Postby handlez362 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:05 am

#basedmods!, They're only missing a few players and I think somebody is working on them.
handlez362

Postby #basedmods! on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:09 am

reall?!?!? whos working on them :D (Y)
#basedmods!

Postby Behindshadows on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:22 pm

handlez362 wrote:#basedmods!, They're only missing a few players and I think somebody is working on them.

Those players couldnt be added to this roster...thats why we moved on to 2k12 roster... This roster had too many issues past the 89 team market.
Behindshadows

Postby #basedmods! on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:42 pm

oh damn tht scuks (Y) but great job anyways
#basedmods!

Postby ily94 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:29 pm

handlez362, i think Andrew Bynum can be a better base for Andrew Fitzgerald
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ily94

Re: NCAA MM 2K11 - Patch #5.5 - New Download

Postby Behindshadows on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:41 pm

koresh_NIK wrote:Austin Rivers

Koresh did you ever send this too me already...
Behindshadows

Postby kittles7 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Behindshadows wrote:
handlez362 wrote:#basedmods!, They're only missing a few players and I think somebody is working on them.

Those players couldnt be added to this roster...thats why we moved on to 2k12 roster... This roster had too many issues past the 89 team market.

if it had so many issues after the 89 team limit, then did you consider continuing to update the 89 team roster? there are some teams within the original 89 team roster that only have 1 or 2 CFs and i noticed that in patch 6 with the 93 team roster that many of the generic non-CF faces have glitches in them. i had to manually update these players within the in-game editor with the latest roster. i didn't notice this problem on the old 89 team rosters.

The 4 extra teams are nice, but it would seem to be more important to complete the original 89 team roster before worrying about adding more teams, especially if it causes other issues. As you said, the 89 team roster we know works with association and doesn't maybe have some of the other bugs seen when you add more teams than that. (like maybe glitches in non CF players)

once all the 89 teams are complete, then couldn't the extra 4 teams be added then to that final completed 89-team roster? (so we have a completed roster without some of the issues seen when going past 89 teams)

As of now, many teams within the original 89 teams have issues with 93 teams. you said the reason why you moved onto the 2k12 roster is because of the issues you had with more than 89 teams. correct me if i am wrong, but wasn't the original intention of this project to complete the teams that made the NCAA tournament? there are teams who made the NCAA tournament, even teams who had a bye through the opening play-in round of the tournament, who have generic faces that need to be edited through the in-game editor in the latest patch since they don't have CFs. this isn't really a problem for me, as i can always edit these teams in-game and save it, but are some of these glitches precisely because there are more than 89 teams?

whatever you guys decide to do, your work has been much appreciated and I can update the non CF generic faces in the latest released roster. it just seems that with all the CFs released, and the 89 team roster being very close to complete, and still with some months until next season starts, i don't think adding 4 more teams is more important than completing the 89 teams that we know work and don't cause too many issues, including all the teams that made the NCAA tournament.
kittles7

Postby Behindshadows on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:41 pm

kittles7 wrote:
Behindshadows wrote:

if it had so many issues after the 89 team limit, then did you consider continuing to update the 89 team roster? there are some teams within the original 89 team roster that only have 1 or 2 CFs and i noticed that in patch 6 with the 93 team roster that many of the generic non-CF faces have glitches in them. i had to manually update these players within the in-game editor with the latest roster. i didn't notice this problem on the old 89 team rosters.

The 4 extra teams are nice, but it would seem to be more important to complete the original 89 team roster before worrying about adding more teams, especially if it causes other issues. As you said, the 89 team roster we know works with association and doesn't maybe have some of the other bugs seen when you add more teams than that. (like maybe glitches in non CF players)

once all the 89 teams are complete, then couldn't the extra 4 teams be added then to that final completed 89-team roster? (so we have a completed roster without some of the issues seen when going past 89 teams)

As of now, many teams within the original 89 teams have issues with 93 teams. you said the reason why you moved onto the 2k12 roster is because of the issues you had with more than 89 teams. correct me if i am wrong, but wasn't the original intention of this project to complete the teams that made the NCAA tournament? there are teams who made the NCAA tournament, even teams who had a bye through the opening play-in round of the tournament, who have generic faces that need to be edited through the in-game editor in the latest patch since they don't have CFs. this isn't really a problem for me, as i can always edit these teams in-game and save it, but are some of these glitches precisely because there are more than 89 teams?

whatever you guys decide to do, your work has been much appreciated and I can update the non CF generic faces in the latest released roster. it just seems that with all the CFs released, and the 89 team roster being very close to complete, and still with some months until next season starts, i don't think adding 4 more teams is more important than completing the 89 teams that we know work and don't cause too many issues, including all the teams that made the NCAA tournament.

Personally I'm done with this roster.....as Koresh continues to release these files I just add them to the 2k12 roster...No interested in the 2k11 anymore..
Behindshadows

Postby Sideshow Bob on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Behindshadows Whats gonna be the next biggest thing in CH 2K12?
☆☆
Sideshow Bob
Contributor

Postby #basedmods! on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:21 am

damn bro tht sucks i wish someone can update this roster but IDGAF lol (Y) great job anyways
#basedmods!

Postby kittles7 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:07 am

Behindshadows wrote:Personally I'm done with this roster.....as Koresh continues to release these files I just add them to the 2k12 roster...No interested in the 2k11 anymore..

okay. just so we know, in case some of us are still interested in updating 2k11, besides the association mode issue, what are some of the issues you noticed with the 93 team roster as opposed to the 89 team one? Do you think the glitches with the non CF / generic faces players are due to the 93 team roster? are there any other specific issues you've noticed that we should be aware of when when working with the 93 team 2k11 roster?

you've already done more than enough for 2k11, updating all the files as more CFs are released and stuff. i know how time consuming it can be and we appreciate it. i would be willing to edit the likenesses of the generic coaches in 2k11 or tie up any other loose ends if possible. would i have to hex edit the roster to do that or is there some other way? you may know how to do some of this stuff so maybe you can let us know about some of these things if you know about them. best of luck with 2k12.
kittles7

Postby #basedmods! on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:41 am

hhmmm it crashes in the 93 roster one and in the 89 one isnt thts the BIG differ between to 2
#basedmods!

Postby kittles7 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:47 am

#basedmods! wrote:hhmmm it crashes in the 93 roster one and in the 89 one isnt thts the BIG differ between to 2

where is it crashing for you in the 93 team roster? just when you try to do into association or in other places too? i always back up the files that are replaced with each update so i can always go back to previous roster if need be. considering there seems to be some issues with the new roster, maybe that's the best course of action. i have not experienced any crashes in the 93 team roster but i have only tried a few teams. the only issue i noticed so far is that the generic faces / non - CF players in the 93 team roster are glitchy and need to be edited manually in-game. i could try to edit the latest 89 team roster released and try to add the CFs released. but i don't want to reign on the parade of the ones who developed this patch and put all the time in to make the patch. at one point the CF makers seemed committed to giving every player in the game a CF, but we know that's a lot of work, so that'll be up to them. if they choose to move on to 2K12, then it'll be up regular guys like us to keep 2K11 going. i just hope that we can get some help from the guys who know how things work.

it is in everyones interest to try to complete this roster seeing as they are so close. if anyone knows how to change the generic coaches faces / hair on some of the non big name teams through hex editing or any other means, please share any information you have so we can work on it. thanks.
kittles7

Postby #basedmods! on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:50 am

well its beacasue theres to may teams and players (Y)
#basedmods!

Postby kittles7 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:10 am

^ okay so then some decisions will have to be made. it's tough work. the developers have come so far. they are so close to completing this incredible roster, and spending time trying to add 4 more teams. some of those teams are cool and i'd like to play them. but if they are unable to find the elusive hex code to unlock the team / player limit in the roster file, to have it so it doesn't cause glitches in generic players or allows you to go into association like before. maybe it's a matter of testing until you find the limit.

Are we sure if the limit is at 90 teams, 91 teams, or 92 teams? Are is the limit it after 89 teams?
Do we know if the glitches are caused by the amount of teams added or the amount of players added?

If these questions are answered, then the corrective action can be taken to complete the 2010-2011 roster. So it might make sense that the reason the non CF / generic faces glitch in the 93 team roster is because the a limit has been reached where the data in the non CF players data are not retained. maybe it's just the stuff related to the appearance of the non CF players. u can update the players manually in the 93 team roster in-game, and it seems to save. maybe it's just when you edit the roster outside the game that the generic players information is compromised with that many players and teams.

i'm just trying to think things through like the developers would. maybe you just have to leave a little room and have some spaces for extra players or something, so you won't lose any other roster data. if it's solely an issue of appearance of the generic players, then maybe there's a simple fix or all the CFs can eventually be made. maybe i'll give that program where you can make CFs a try. hopefully whatever is decided by the developers, the latest roster will not have some of these glitches. we'll see what comes of it, in the meantime, i'll continue working with the hex code to see if i can figure some things out.
kittles7

Postby domt25 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:34 am

i dont know if you guys are like me that you have a "favorite" cf, but that john flowers cf by koresh is by far the most accurate and best CF i have ever seen. im using his face in MP haha :lol:
domt25

Postby #basedmods! on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:15 am

lol same with me domt25 im using it cause im loving the details and shit (Y) very clean
#basedmods!

Postby domt25 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:51 am

im starting to get so pissed! i keep trying to download update 6 and the DL gets to 99 percent and freezes and wont finish! ahhhg... ive tried 20 times probably. can someone re-upload it to mediafire as a personal favor so i can see if i have any better luck than im having with hotfile?
domt25

Postby kittles7 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:55 am

Hey working with patch 6.5, i'm having an issue with some of the crowds. for some arenas, like when i select indiana state or colorado's home court, the crowd is pink. when i select butler's home court, there are no crowd models at all and the only thing displayed on the screen is the court. maybe this is part of the issue related to too many teams or players. are you guys noticing this too?

EDIT : for nebraska's home court, there are no crowd models, it's just empty seats. (unlike butler which had no seats or anything besides the court)
kittles7

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K11 Modding