"Pictures are worth 1001 words" Dynasty OVER

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

"Pictures are worth 1001 words" Dynasty OVER

Postby cocobee on Mon May 03, 2004 5:05 am

I hate write-ups, so this will only be a pictorial dynasty with minimal writing--so that means minimal reading :wink: --so enjoy and let the pics tell the story for you.

I have composed cards, pics, magazine covers that have been key moments in my dynasty. I'm well into my 2004 Finals, so it'll be a re-cap--then I'll steadily update it with more pictures.

I started the dynasty by way of draft, with my Hawks with the first pick. (BTW) I don't have any of my stats from my dyansty but i will start saving them now.

2003-2004

Starting Line-Up
C-Jamaal Mcgloire
PF-Kevin Garnett
SF-Carmelo Anthony
SG-Jason Richardson
PG-me/Cocobee :wink:

ALL STAR GAME 2004
Kevin Garnett/Atlanta Hawks

POST SEASON AWARDS:
Rookie of the Year : PG Cocobee /Atlanta Hawks

NBA 1rst Team Selection : Kevin Garnett/Atlanta Hawks

PLAYOFFS 2004

FINALS MVP: Kevin Garnett/Atlanta Hawks :cry: :cry:
Last edited by cocobee on Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Ruff Ryder on Mon May 03, 2004 5:21 am

Cool. (Y)

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

2004-2005

Postby cocobee on Mon May 03, 2004 5:34 am

2004-2005

Starting Line-up

C-Emeka Okafor(via trade)
PF-Kevin Garnett
SF-Carmelo Anthony
SG-Toussaint Manley(via trade)
PG-Cocobee :wink:

My Bench-Travis Best, Chris Anderson, Darko, Kendrick Perkins, Pat Garrity, Eric Williams

Draft Pick : Akinlabi Reyes 6-11 Center

2004 Draft Notables:

1rst Pick PG Jaryl Campos/VCU/ Detroit Pistons #32

3rd Pick SG Toussaint Manley/VCU/Atlanta Hawks #0

12th Pick PF JP Millete/UVA/Memphis Grizzles #21

Other 2004 draftees:
Emeka Okafor-Atlanta Hawks via trade (13th Pick)
Jameer Nelson-Cleveland Cavs (9th Pick)
Ben Gordon-Dallas Mavericks (4th pick)
Sebastian Telfair-Washington Wizards (6th pick)
Josh Smith-Minnesota T-Wolves (5th Pick)
Dwight Howard-Orlando Magic (14th Pick)
Melvin Anderson-Houston Rockets(2nd Pick)
Hakim Warrick -Seatle SuperSonics (7th Pick)
Josh Childress- Cleveland Cavs (38th pick)

ALL STAR GAME 2005

next step:playoffs. :wink: :shock:
Last edited by cocobee on Tue May 04, 2004 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Mark. on Mon May 03, 2004 4:55 pm

Nice Dynasty dude, kool job with the rookies, did you replace the generated ones??
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby alexboom on Mon May 03, 2004 7:42 pm

a very innovative and excellent Dynasty ! Keep on updating it, I love it ! :D
alexboom

Postby cocobee on Tue May 04, 2004 4:05 pm

Thanks fellas!

OK--

FINALS 2005

Hawks vs Kings

GAME 7
Hawks 89
Kings 81

Player of the game : Cocobee 15 pts, 12 dimes, 4 rebounds ( not to mention I broke a finger on the last game of the regualr season too)

Finals MVP- Kevin Garnett

After this season the New Orleans Hornets offered me to be there general manager and run the team. I declined. I will change the sliders even more for next year.

:cry: Eric Williams-refuse to sign

:cry: Travis Best-refuse to sign

Key pick ups in the off season were:

:cool: Veshon Leonard
:cool: Reece Gaines

Hawks Needs: a better bench, pg , too many PF/C. "These needs will be met before the regualr season."

2005 Draft
Key Players in this years draft : Luol Deng, Shaun Livingston, Yohance Bailey, and Cyriel Klitsie.

More draft info to come--stay tuned on results. :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Macca on Tue May 04, 2004 7:35 pm

Whoa... :shock:

Cocobee, this dynasty is so damn hot, I think it's going to melt or evaporate or something. I love the 'picture is worth 1000 words' theme for your dynasty, especially since your good with photos and screens and live cards and what not. I, wish I could do something like that for mine... actaully, I might ask you to whack together some cards with screenshots from me, not a bad idea. Anyway, this is so cool, how you've put KG, Melo on your Hawks team, and how you've put real rookie in the game. I've done the same thing, replaced the the generated ones with real rooks! KG is pretty damn good, 2 MVP's.. wow. Good work, apart from about 3 other dynasties, this is the best, so damn good!! Your work and patches are so detailed. Keep it up.. finally some glory for the Hawks.

Macca

P.S: Do you just skip through the season, like show us highlights, like the ASG, and the Finals and draft??
Macca

Postby Chetto on Wed May 05, 2004 9:54 pm

alexboom wrote:a very innovative and excellent Dynasty ! Keep on updating it, I love it ! :D
Chetto

Postby sman15rulz on Thu May 06, 2004 7:07 am

How did u guys replace the generated rookies with the real ones?? is this for PC or PS2?? i have r-tistics roster but i cannot find emeka okafur in there....so if ne1 cud tell me dat wud be great...
sman15rulz

Postby Ruff Ryder on Thu May 06, 2004 8:29 am

sman15rulz wrote:How did u guys replace the generated rookies with the real ones?? is this for PC or PS2?? i have r-tistics roster but i cannot find emeka okafur in there....so if ne1 cud tell me dat wud be great...

PC dude. He cant take pics on PS2.

Good read, well, um, look :D

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby cocobee on Thu May 06, 2004 9:16 am

sman15rulz wrote:How did u guys replace the generated rookies with the real ones?? is this for PC or PS2?? i have r-tistics roster but i cannot find emeka okafur in there....so if ne1 cud tell me dat wud be great...

This is the PC version. All I do is--go to the next season--watch the draft--take note of who and what position was picked first and so forth, then i'll add the "real" players in that order via dbf editing. For example, in this 2005 draft--the first player chosen was a SF. The best SF prospect I had made (cyberface wise) was Deng--so Deng was the first pick and so on.

BTW--Thanks fellas for the great comments, this actually fun for me as well--I'm glad you guys are enjoying it as well. (Y)

OKey Dokey--On to ...

to wrap up the 2004-2005 season

Rookie of the Year 2005: Toussaint Manley/SG/#0/Atlanta Hawks
2005 Finals MVP: Kevin Garnett/PF/#3/Atlanta Hawks

On to the ..

2005 NBA Draft:

with the #1 pick, the Seatle Supersonics pick Luol Deng from Duke

David Aldridge Analysis : The Sonics get better with Deng, he will see a lot of time at SG--because Hakim Warrick(Seatle's first round pick last year) is an up and coming SF at Seatle. Deng, is bar none the best palyer in this draft and the Sonics got a lot better with this pick.

with the 4th pick, the Portland Trail Blazers pick Charlie Villanueva from UCONN.

David Aldridge Analysis : There was a lot of debate whether Villanueva would drop lower than this 4th pick--Experts thought Memphis would grab him with the 3rd pick--but regardless--a great PF for the Blazers. Expect Villanueva to start ASAP and to make an impact. He is no Kwame Brown. Watch out for ROY .

with the 6th pick, the Washington Wizards pick Yohance Bailey from NYU.

David Aldridge Analysis : The Wizards took a chance with this pick--Bailey probably the best shooter in the draft, can also finish around the lane. Don't let the 6'3" frame fool you--he can finish with the best of them and attacks the rim with no fear. Wearing #23 and just recently signing a deal with the Jordan brand, he has some big shoes to fill in Chocolate City. A budding backcourt is rising in DC, with Telfair more than likely to take the starting PG role and the addition of Bailey--the Wiz might be better this year. The Wizards needed size, but didn't get it. Can we say "trade" Andre Miller?

with the 8th pick, the Orlando Magic pick Cyriel Klitsie from the Netherlands.

David Aldridge Analysis : Regarded as the most cerebral player in the draft, Klitsie seems to be a mixture of John Stockton's brain mixed with Hot Sauce's showmanship. A flashy import, he may be a pleasant suprise for the Magic. Now, who will he pass it too? The Magic will struggle, but Klitsie will put fans in the stand. A good first move in a rebuilding franchise.

More 2005 Draft notables

#2 New Orleans pick: Carl Rutherford 7'1" SF/William and Mary
#3 Memphis picks: Ha-Sueng Jin/7'3" C/Korea
#5 Miami picks: Andris Biedrins/6'11" PF/Lativa
#7 Minnesota picks: Shaun Livingston/ 6'7" PG/Duke
#9 Spurs : Mike Tano/6'11" PF/ ODU
#10 Phoenix picks : Rashad McCants/6'4" SG/UNC
#11 Toronto picks: Tony Allen/6'4" SG/ OK St.

David Aldridge : The 2005 draft has come and gone, the Sonics look tough--but Memphis got a great pick in Korean prospect Ha-Sueng Jin. He will complete a great frontline including JP Millete. The Grizzy's will compete this year! But who will catch the Hawks? Nobody? The Heat got a sleeper in Biedrins and Rutherford will help re-vamp that franchise. ROY? My pick goes to Villanueva, he will learn the game and get plenty of playing time.

The Season Begins: 2005-2006

Hawks Starting Line-up:

C: Emeka Okafor
PF:Kevin Garnett
SF:Carmelo Anthony
SG:Toussaint Manley
PG:Cocobee

Bench: Darko,Chris Anderson,Pat Garrity,Veshon Leonard, D.Wags
Reece Gaines,Akinlabi Reyes

2005 Draft Pick : L.Eisley/PF

enjoy :lol: Comments welcomed and questions too. :wink:
Last edited by cocobee on Mon May 10, 2004 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Bill Russell on Thu May 06, 2004 10:20 am

What a great thread, keep on' Cocobee (Y)
Bill Russell

Postby sman15rulz on Thu May 06, 2004 11:37 am

What is ur starting five's rating??
sman15rulz

Postby FanOfAll on Thu May 06, 2004 1:11 pm

Tales wrote:What a great thread, keep on' Cocobee (Y)

WORD.
FanOfAll

Postby cocobee on Thu May 06, 2004 1:35 pm

sman15rulz wrote:What is ur starting five's rating??

Starting Five:
Okafor 65
Garnett 97
Anthony 82
Manley 78
Cocobee 86

Bench:
Garrity 60
Milicic 52
Anderson 58
Leonard 59
Gaines 58
Reyes 47

BTW-If anyone has a cyberface made and wants to see how they do in my dynasty--please feel free to send it to me via e-mail. I just need general information, like weight, height, name, position and number and maybe even playing style. Again, thanks for the kind words fellas..next up.... :arrow:

ALL STAR GAME 2006...
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Bill Russell on Thu May 06, 2004 2:42 pm

This Cocobee guy, he's surely overrated, huh? :wink:
Bill Russell

Postby Alcoholic on Thu May 06, 2004 3:15 pm

Yeah, too much hype. :lol:
Alcoholic

Postby cocobee on Thu May 06, 2004 3:53 pm

Yeah, he's a prick too. :wink:
BTW-when I started this my over-all was a mere 74. What 2 years, a ROY under my belt, 2 year starter, 1 All-Star apperance, not to mention 3 triple doubles last year will do. Did I mention, he goes and visits different Children's hospitals on his spare time. :lol:

Did I mention 2 Championships. :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Bill Russell on Fri May 07, 2004 3:35 am

Does he bang Britney, Beyonce and Cameron Diaz on the weekends too? :crazy:
Bill Russell

..I'll put you in 'the game'

Postby HonorGlow on Fri May 07, 2004 4:20 am

Hey cocobee, send my your .viv and I'll put you in my game as a 2nd year player...and I'll give you updates... give me a text file line of your ratings so I know how much game you got...oh yeh and your Color number and jersey number.

That'd be kind of cool.. beats out these other generated players floating with the Hawks. And gives me all the more reason to beat the Hawks :wink:

You can send your .viv to emocore@polarcomm.com

I'll have to work hard to make a cyberpatch of myself without me looking like Herman Munster.

Rock on...
HonorGlow

Postby Shadyon on Fri May 07, 2004 5:07 am

Very cool dynasty, nice pics!
Would be could if you could post some stats of the league leaders or something like that!
(Y)
Shadyon

Postby cocobee on Fri May 07, 2004 5:17 am

Shadyon wrote:Very cool dynasty, nice pics!
Would be could if you could post some stats of the league leaders or something like that!
(Y)

will do. (Y)

It's hard to take stats for every game because i only play 3 or 4 games a month.(82 game season) I might just make pre-season, middle, and post season updates with stats and whatnot--but look for more indepth playoff coverage in the future.

Honorglow, check your PM. :lol:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby cklitsie on Fri May 07, 2004 5:43 am

how much better will it get? thx for involving me man (y)

ow guys let me add 1 thing that Cocobee forgot...
the nba changed the rule of minimum age and now Cyriel Klitsie is the youngest ever at the age of 15 :lol:

THIS THREAD IS:
cklitsie

Postby sman15rulz on Fri May 07, 2004 7:23 am

cocobee, can u send me ur ratings when u started as a rookie. or if u cud post it in here it would be good too. I always creat myself but i overrate myself by a lot. i always start off at 80 or higher as a rookie. i want a realistic ratings. i play for my school team and i average 23.4 ppg, 8.7 rbg, and 7.4 apg. what do u thing my rating should be. i am not the best clutchshooter but i am a very straky shooter. at times i can nail 9-10 three balls in a game but other times i can miss 9-10 shots in a row. if u cud help me dat wud be great. ne body elses input can also be helpful. Thnx.
sman15rulz

Postby cocobee on Fri May 07, 2004 8:32 am

sman15rulz wrote:cocobee, can u send me ur ratings when u started as a rookie. or if u cud post it in here it would be good too. I always creat myself but i overrate myself by a lot. i always start off at 80 or higher as a rookie. i want a realistic ratings. i play for my school team and i average 23.4 ppg, 8.7 rbg, and 7.4 apg. what do u thing my rating should be. i am not the best clutchshooter but i am a very straky shooter. at times i can nail 9-10 three balls in a game but other times i can miss 9-10 shots in a row. if u cud help me dat wud be great. ne body elses input can also be helpful. Thnx.

whoa--i actually don't have my original ratings because I used the roster that I created myself in. I just remembered that it was either 71 or 74 over-all. Hmm--but if I had to guess--maybe make ur fg rating like an 80 and 3 point rating a 75. When I first started I actually thought my rating was a little high, but then again I had no intention in putting my dyansty up either.Best of luck with that--but whatever it is--it depends on how you play. :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Next

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame