the "My Player is fucking annoying" thread.

Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

the "My Player is fucking annoying" thread.

Postby rise on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:50 pm

Seriously, "My Player" is driving me insane. I started the season really good with the Thunder, then there were some crap trades and since then the whole thing is being slowed to a standstill, and it's really pissing me off:

-Ridiculous trades: Management traded away James Harden, Thabo Sefolosha, Nate Robinson, and a big for Grant Hill, Josh Childress, Eric Gordon, and Jamario Moon. While those might seem like decent trades at first glance, we now have Westbrook, Gordon, and me (6'7 PG averaging 20+ppg) crowding the back court. Guess who went to the bench? Russell Westbrook. :facepalm2: Soon after, I found that Hill, Childress, and Moon are all ball hogs who chuck everything from inside the arc.
Westbrook is unhappy, so is Westbrook, but neither was dealt (thankfully) at the deadline.

-Injuries: My guy just CANT STAY HEALTHY AT ALL! His durability is at 77, and his strength is around 50. I didn't miss a game until mid-December. I'm now just past the trade deadline, and I've racked up SIX INJURIES one after another. First one happened when trying to take a charge on D-Rose (abdominal strain: out 2 weeks). My second game back, I sprained a wrist after being fouled by Tony Parker and missed a week. Chris Paul injured me twice in two separate games, and I've been owned by Dwight Howard (back injury after being posterized). All in all, I've played eleven games in the last 2 1/2 months, and six of them have involved me getting injured in some way. Really ticked.

-other ridiculous shit happening around the league: when Dallas blows up heir roster, it's a problem. they trade Marion, Roddy, Tyson Chandler to Phoenix and Portland for Nash, Mills, and Matthews. Note Kidd, Barea, Terry, Stevenson, and Jones are all still on the roster at either the 1 or 2. Also the Clippers traded Deandre Jordan for some guard I've never even heard of.

-Awful gameplay: when Durant can't figure out what a good shot looks like, when Westbrook cant figure out that the team is on a fast break, when Perkins is averaging 1.4points and 3.2 rebounds WHILE STARTING, and when Eric Gordon passes up a wide open three so that he can pass to a double-teamed Jamario Moon on the perimeter with he Thunder down by two with 8 seconds left... (the list goes on) you've got a huge problem with the AI. Also Nick Collison, Childress, and Perkins would not even survive in the fucking D-league the way they are playing. Collison misses uncontested layups, Childress couldn't find the open man if his life depended on it, and Perkins' hands are worse Kwame Brown's. Holy shit.

This Thunder team should be close to the top of the playoff race, in the last year we gave up Harden and Sefolosha, and they've been replaced by two guys who should be 20ppg scorers, Eric Gordon (13ppg) and me (picked 26th overall, leading the team with 22ppg). But my teammates are downright retarded during gameplay (which unfortunately is more than 3/4 of the game) and we've slipped behind the god damn Clippers for the 10th seed in the West. We are at 21-34 and I couldn't be more pissed off with the way things were going. I even asked for a trade when things went south, then I was injured at the deadline, and the Mavs, who originally were going to trade for me, didn't, because I was hurt.

I swear if things don't get better soon, I'm putting the level back to rookie (or whatever the lowest level is) and I'm racking myself up some 60 point games in hope that that will push us into the playoffs.

--

--

Anyway, I just wanted to know if others were having such problems with the 2k11 my player. if you've got any tips I'd be thrilled to hear them at this point.
Last edited by rise on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Re: Is it just me or is My Player REALLY agitating?

Postby Kamanchu on Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:10 pm

I was playing as John Wall. I was traded to the Nets for Deron Williams... (not that bad of a trade). It's been one season, and now we have four point guards and 4 shooting guards. The problem is that we only have one center and two power forwards. We were able to sign JJ Hickson and James Harden. So our team is pretty good, but then they traded for Monta Ellis. Now Monta Ellis is a 6th man off the bench.

The best players on my team are: Me (John Wall), James Harden, Monta Ellis, JJ Hickson, and Brook Lopez. It's a pretty good roster, but Ellis averaged 25 ppg this season, and only plays about 15 minutes now.

2k12 needs an option to choose which players should be traded and should trade according to position needs.

I would suggest to be traded to another team that doesn't have bad players... but it is kinda hard because my overall is over 90.

PS SUPERSTARS ARE NOT GOOD AT ALL IN THIS GAME IF THEY ARE ON YOUR TEAM. It's just plain wrong... if their on any other team they are good, but on your team, they aren't.
Kamanchu

Postby karlsanada10 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Same here, dude! I was freakin' cursing all over the place. Nobody can't make shots! Bullshhhhhhhhhhh...And have you tried All-star yet? With default sliders or something like that. It's hard. We went to 5 losing-streak, I got injured, and we won 2 wins. This game is rigged. Lower up to PRO. They all become little douches. We won games. So driving me insane!

Ugh, they must fix it.
karlsanada10

Postby rise on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:18 am

I was playing on Superstar and All-Star for most of the season. Played HOF once, got blown out by 39 at the hands of the Clippers, set it back to Superstar, where I've played most of my games. I'm averaging more than 20ppg despite my 44 overall rating. Durant (15ppg), Westbrook (less than Durant), Eric Gordon (less than Westbrook), Perkins (under two points and four rebounds), Grant Hill (more assists than points), Nick Collison (rock bottom, can't hit a lay-up), Eric Maynor (D-League), Jamario Moon, Josh Childress (REALLY want to smack those guys), they're all not playing up to their potential. Only Ibaka is playing up to potential. I feel like I'm carrying the team, which I really shouldn't be doing.

They don't help out either. If I stop dribbling, everyone who's open, just seems to run behind a defender, so I either have to chuck up a bad shot or turn the ball over. The Big Three (Durant, Gordon, Westbrook) seem to be the stupidest players in the whole fucking game when I'm in. When the game simulates completely, Durant and Westbrook regularly go off for 30 apiece.

Also, I think the AI has some annoying glitches. Once, I was guarded closely by Shannon Brown, so I passed off to Moon, who was about five feet outside the 3-point line. He drove really hard, which I don't especially have a problem with, but IN THE WRONG DIRECTION and got a backcourt violation. I've also thrown passes to Nick Collison and Kendrick Perkins that go STRAIGHT THROUGH their arms. I actually went to the replay camera and saw from a few different angles that a pass went straight through Collison's left wrist. I got a turnover for that, and your Teammate Grade PLUMMETS whenever you turn the ball over. It's also annoying when Kendrick Perkins and Cole Aldrich are hanging out in the corners. Shouldn't they be in the paint instead of Josh Childress and Eric Gordon?

Also, Kobe and Shannon Brown are definitely on some fucking steroids in this game. The Lakers starting line-up is completely whack. Kobe, Artest, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum from 1-5. D-Fish is their 11th man, and Joe Smith and Theo Ratliff are above him in the rotation. Shannon Brown is a monster, Kobe is the league's top scorer with 31.9 points a game, and there is absolutely no way to contain that starting five when the virtual Scott Brooks decides he wants me, Gordon, Westbrook, Childress, and Durant on the floor.

We went on a ten-game losing streak, and we finally broke that streak in a 35-point WIN against the Darren Collison-less, Vujabitch-infested Pacers. Speaking of Vujabitch, he went 7-11 from outside. :crazyeyes:

This is getting crazy. The Thunder are 11th in the West and 6 games behind the 8th seeded Suns in early March.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby bowdown on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:50 am

The My Player mode is so corny and full of cheese at times. The CPU keeps making big plays after big plays. Doesnt matter who takes the shitty shot on their team it goes in. I have to play on Pro because i get screwed everytime even on All Star. My teammates cant do shit. They take the whole shot clock to run a play and eve after teh play works, the open dude barely hits shots. The only time my team seems to do well is when I am sitting my ass out during simulation. Even if the CPU isnt running plays for me and I am not involved in the offense, we cant score. But as soon as I sit down somehow they always go on a scoring bulge.
bowdown

Postby rise on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:13 pm

Exactly. Against the Grizzlies, we won 90-89 (off a game winner by Durant, who finally did something right). I carried the damn team on my back through three quarters. I finished with 37 but I had nine turnovers and fucking Mike Conley had seven steals. Some were complete bullshit: there was a repeat of "The Collison Incident", and Kevin Durant ran off in the opposite direction when I lobbed the ball to him, and Conley was standing in the right place at the right time. Conley was being a little bitch for most of the game so I dunked on him hard, hoping to injure him. Didn't happen. :lol:

I find that my teammates don't play like fourteen year old girls who were rejected from their high school basketball team when I put the difficulty in Pro (the easiest setting). The settings are SO STUPID, because in Pro, I can score 35 even in a bad shooting night. It's way too easy. In the next level up, All-Star, my team plays like idiots and I'll score 15-20 points but turn the ball over five times or more. In Superstar, my 6'7 230lb point guard is tossed around like a ragdoll by other point guards (like Chris Paul) and I get injured, dunked on, get threes drained on me, and I can't hit shit from fifteen feet or more, and I basically rely on fast-breaks for the majority of my points. HOF... I'm not even going there. This is a big issue I hope they fix. Maybe a patch or something?
rise
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:44 pm

I've had more fun with My Player than I thought I would, being more of a Dynasty/Association player, but I do find myself frustrated by the grading. I reckon it's too harsh and there's too many times where you're doing something well - getting to your spot, running the play, sticking with your assignment - and don't get any marks for it, or your grade increases very slowly. Then you make one mistake and your grade plummets. What is considered good and bad shot selection is a little weird at times and the grading is brutal when it comes to letting your man score (especially when there's a mismatch, defensive switch or the CPU hits a difficult shot with the shot clock expiring). It's not broken by any means, but it's a little unfair at times and there's room for improvement.

I haven't had my player get injured as yet, nor anyone on the team traded, so I haven't experienced any frustrations there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:00 pm

The worst part is that no matter what you always play 30+ minutes from day one. So you never have to work your way up from anything but sixth man.

And you'll either get benched in a close game you're dominating or left out there as the Gatoride icon comes up taunting you with your diminished capabilities as the coach refuses to pull you.
Maybe a patch or something?

For a game they're releasing a sequel to in two months? After already announcing there will be no more patches?

The difficulty thing is how these games (basketball ones, from any developer) have always worked, the AI doesn't get any smarter, your teams abilities are just truncated and the other teams are boosted. Nobody is going to write an AI system that uses more routines or less. Instead it simply ups the reaction speed and capabilities of your opposition.
benji

Postby rise on Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:25 pm

Fuck it, the Live 2003 AI didn't do as much stupid stuff, yes the one from nine years ago. While some of the trades in Live 2003 are were absolutely insane (Chris Paul to GSW for David Lee kind of sticks in my head), there are many times when I prefer the Live 2003 AI to the one in 2k11. I'll admit I haven't played much with association yet, but I haven't got a great impression of it from what i have played so far. It's clear in my mind that I'm not about to chuck Live 2003 anytime soon. It's pretty sad that 2k11's AI can't even find an open man half as well as Live 2003's. He'll, I remember Live 2000's AI working better than this.

As for not releasing a patch, I didn't know they quit releasing official patches as I only got the game two or three weeks ago. You may have noticed, but I'm not one to buy a game every year they come out, and I wish they would continue support/patches for the game.

Oh well, I'll just have to live with it and hope my player becomes dominant in the next few seasons so I can actually carry my team in Superstar. :roll:
rise
Contributor

Postby benji on Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:36 pm

Blech, Live 2003 is arcadey shit.

They can't afford to support old games, sorry, they have to keep making money.
benji

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:16 pm

The while reason the ai is "dumb" in my player mode is because they want you to be the star, to do everything. Imagine how many complaints there would be if the cpu teammates completely ignored you for the 46 rated rookie you were. You would never progress. Granted, it could make the mode more interesting trying to balance teammate chemistry to get them to trust you and earn minutes from your coach, but that is a whole other idea.

I do think they need to improve it a bit and let you call plays even if you are not a pg.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:30 pm

Pdub wrote:Imagine how many complaints there would be...

That's why I think the majority of My Player users are idiots.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby benji on Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:48 pm

I wouldn't make it mandatory, as always I'd add more advanced options allowing for a realistic system.
benji

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:14 pm

benji wrote:The worst part is that no matter what you always play 30+ minutes from day one. So you never have to work your way up from anything but sixth man.

It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't rated in the 40s at the beginning. I don't mind getting a lot of playing time quickly since the appeal of the mode to me is playing the games rather watching or simming from the bench and being able to do something meaningful early on works for me. However if that's the way it's going to be, the initial ratings should be higher and the option of working your way up from a much smaller option would be welcome as well, for anyone who wanted more of a challenge and a different experience with it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:47 pm

It made more sense last year when you were undrafted working your way up, but using the draft makes no sense when you're rated so poor and are instantly thrust into a key role.

I'd rather they forgot about the leaderboards (which is why they impose everything on everyone) and just let people do how they want. Be a Blake Griffin who stars from day one or have to prove yourself to get drafted or a nobody who works up to something. And so on. Now all you are is a crappy player who gets the ball all the time and handed tons of minutes to do whatever you want until you're the best player ever.

The rating limits are dumb too. They only added those because the rest of the game is so broken and they wanted to hide that fact.
benji

Postby thewhitemamba on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:52 pm

I once was a solid MVP candidate but because of two injuries my name got removed from the list

Doug Collins also traded Evan Turner and Iggy for Grant Hill and Frye(WTF!)
Sacramento Kings- The real 2002 NBA champs
Special thanks to µTorrent for this pwnage sig!
Winners never quit
Quitters never win
thewhitemamba

Postby karlsanada10 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:19 pm

I'm actually running in the rookie of the year despite playing only 36 games(Wall already has 62). Making 22.something points per game, almost 10 reb a game. It's big for a rookie who is only 6'5, 56 rated rookie who was drafted on the last pick by the awful wizards team.
karlsanada10

Postby _Steve_ on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:14 pm

When I averaged nearly 10/10/10 (9.2 pts.; 9.8 boards [3 orb]; 10.2 asts) together with 1.5 stls and 1 block per game with an 50 overall rating (6.3 pg) I decided to stop playing Myplayer. First the whole nickname thing became anoying. I'd be glad if I'd just be called by my number. But after a while - I got drafted #13 by the bucks and sticked with the team - I really began to hate Brandon Jennings. This guy is a black hole. Everytime he get's the ball it just disappears. He shot's from any position no matter how well he is guarded by his defender.
Season, association and blacktop are great mods... but forget about the rest. ;)
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby rise on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:21 am

Like Jennings, Eric Gordon is becoming a complete ball hog (but then again, I have too so I can't blame him).

After I bumped the level down to All-Star, we have caught FIRE. We have just won our eleventh straight win, going for 11th in the West to 6th, and we are competing with Denver for 5th! We've just entered April and a win against Denver (next game) is the playoff berth clincher!

During this 11-game winning streak, I've had to sit out three with a sprained ankle :evil: , but I've scored 30 in each of the remaining eight, including a 66-point performance against the Raptors. Then in a "key game" against Portland, I dropped 46 points, 6 assists, and 7 rebounds with four steals, while holding Andre Miller (still with Portland) to two points and four assists. I got an A+ for the first time. I've got shit loads of skill points in this stretch and made myself a high-flier. :cool:

My only complaint right now, the injuries are OUT OF CONTROL and stuff is going crazy. For example, the Nets have nine active players. Brook Lopez is out for 8-10 months following a torn MCL, and Kris Humpries, Jordan Farmar, and Deron Williams have all been out for extended periods of time since the deadline. And somehow, they are holding the seventh seed in the playoffs AND ARE MAKING A RUN FOR SIXTH after going 8-2 in their last ten without their three best players! That is just wrong.
rise
Contributor

Postby karlsanada10 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:03 pm

LOL'd at the 2nd paragraph. o.O How is that even possible.
karlsanada10

Postby Lean on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:28 pm

My only gripe is that my player (plays with the Heat) does not ball hog anymore since the official patch was installed. I was supposed to follow the play being called by the CPU and then the ball only stays with LeBron.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby rise on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:44 am

After 8 consecutive games of 35+ points, I bumped it back up to superstar, and I got hurt again, and now I'm finding myself sitting out the first two games of the first round playoff series vs. the fourth seeded Denver Nuggets. :(

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
rise
Contributor

Postby _Steve_ on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:56 am

z02 wrote:After 8 consecutive games of 35+ points, I bumped it back up to superstar, and I got hurt again, and now I'm finding myself sitting out the first two games of the first round playoff series vs. the fourth seeded Denver Nuggets. :(

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Is it Myplayer or T-Mac mode? :P
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby rise on Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:20 am

My thoughts exactly. I really felt like T-Mac, and I play like him too, but less athletic.

I only played a total of 54 games over the course of the regular season. (missed 28 with various injuries)
rise
Contributor

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:05 am

What's your durability rating?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Next

Return to NBA 2K11