Fallout: New Vegas

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Fallout: New Vegas

Postby bowdown on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:10 am

Wow im at an annoying little phase right now. I am not sure why my gun sometimes wont fire. I know my guns CND is low but sometimes it fires, and sometimes it doesnt. How to I improve my gun's CND anyways?
bowdown

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:45 am

Is it jamming? You need to find someone who can repair it for money, or find another gun of the same type and repair it with that one.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bowdown on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 am

Alright thanks. Ive already had a couple of crashes in this game. And just now I had my mouse acting weird during the game. The cursor wouldnt respond to my mouse's movement and I couldnt look around or change direction properly. As soon as I exited the game, my mouse was smooth as ever.

LOL. Im getting so owned at this game. Really getting frustrating. Im trying to do this mission for the weapon shop in the strip where I have to get Rose of Sharon to follow me. Long ass walk but the thing is there are so many obstacles in the way. These deathclaws made me take a long ass detour, and then I got involved with some NCR trying to take out the Legions but failed miserably. And now the mountains are in my way preventing me from doing my Rose of Sharon objective in teh first place. Im all lost. The deathclaws have really made me shit my pants, Im really scared to go that way.
bowdown

Postby Lamrock on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:37 am

Just beat dead money. Being the slow, incompetent gamer I am, it took me like 7 hours to beat it. I thought it was really cool and better than most of the game's quests. However, I got stuck for like an hour trying to unlock the electrical closet until I found the practically invisible memo with the password. Al in all, very cool, even though I had to just let go of all but 6 gold bars.

Up next: honest hearts
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Dead Money's pretty cool, definitely challenging thanks to the radio interference that can set off your collar. I think I only got away with three or four gold bars in my latest playthrough. Not many merchants have the caps or inventory to take them, though they're pretty good for stocking up at The Gun Runners. I really enjoyed Honest Hearts too, hope we get some more info on Old World Blues soon. It's supposed to be out this month.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:18 am

Old World Blues has been pushed back, it's now coming out July 19th. Screenshot:

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:31 am

Robot radscorpions! Poison plasma/energy damage, anyone?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:51 am

Yeah, they could prove to be a pest. There'll probably be some new perks to gain though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:18 pm

I thought there was going to be a trait in Honest Hearts to cap your level at 30. Oh well. The murder will continue in OWB I suppose.

Shame about the delay, but not unexpected. Think I'll replay the first two Fallouts in the month between.
Lamrock

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Don't know about that trait, but with dead money and honest hearts, my level cap was raised to 40.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:17 pm

Yep, those do that. My courier is level 38. That with Power Armor and every ammo type maxed makes the game a tad easy.
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:55 am

Lamrock wrote:I thought there was going to be a trait in Honest Hearts to cap your level at 30. Oh well. The murder will continue in OWB I suppose.

No, that's coming in Old World Blues. From the Vault entry:

Like all New Vegas add-ons, Old World Blues will raise the level cap by 5. Also, the add-on will offer a new trait (and respec your own traits if you've already chosen them) that will allow you to cap your level at 30 (or current level if you’re already over 30).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:16 pm

The latest Bethesda Blog post includes a few new Old World Blues screenshots and a huge list of fixes that'll be coming in the accompanying title update.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bowdown on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:19 am

OK. so u see guys I have started enjoying New Vegas after I accepted teh fact ath I have to walk for a long ass time in the desert. But what really annoys me is that Sometimes there are mountains in the middle of me and the objective. I really dont want to risk going one direction and it turning out to be the exact opposite way to teh destination. Any clues on how to get to a destination when mountains are in the way.?
bowdown

Postby Lamrock on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:20 am

Go around them?
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:42 am

That's a pretty broad question. Basically, familiarise yourself with the map as you're following the markers. Failing that I'd highly recommend The Vault, since the entries on most difficult to reach/out of the way locations and related quests include tips on the best way to get there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:05 pm

I wouldn't follow quests directly. Usually, on your way to a marker, there may be more locations that you can find. You should notice them on your compass as hollow upside down triangles, which means you haven't discovered them yet. Easy XP, loot and more quests await you at new locations. :)
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bowdown on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:37 am

So I think my habit of looking up videos of the games I am playing currently has ruined the plot of another game for me. Tell me if a great portion of the story has been spoiled for me.

The chip (platinum chip?) actually is nothing more than a poker chip

is the game ruined for me now??

Another Douche bag without a SPOILER ALERT on his review of FNV
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:43 am

I don't see how that information could possibly ruin the story for anyone. The Platinum Chip is merely a device that drives the plot, not an integral twist or anything.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bowdown on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:48 am

I only read a small fragment of a comment on youtube where the guy was cursing about the reviewer mentioning the chip being an ordinary chip. .So I wasnt sure. thanks though.
bowdown

Postby bowdown on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:08 am

LOL. I just killed the whole Van Graffs.I took Cass to that asshole in the backroom of the Silver Rush and I found out that he was going to kill her. I had to quick save before I attacked the dude because I knew I wouldnt stand a chance at one chance. It took me over 20 tries easily. I just camped in that back room and used the Oh Baby melee weapon to bang on them as they entered through the door. Had to use Stimpacks to stay alive as well. That room looked like a slaughter house. The whole Van Graffs laying in there with their mutilated body parts and blood everywhere lol. they were assholes
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:52 pm

I guess I can kind of see where they're coming from, it does still have plot significance after all, but it's a bit of an overreaction on their part to say the least. I won't go into further details as I could end up spoiling something for you but if that's as much as you know, there's still plenty left to discover in the world and main story.

The fire fight in the Silver Rush can definitely be tough depending on your level and equipment. It's a good idea to steal the Plasma Caster by grabbing it with Z, dragging it somewhere out of sight of the Van Graffs and the guards (crouch to make sure you're Hidden) and then taking it. Not only is it a powerful weapon, it also prevents any of the enemies picking it up and using it against you. Cass is obviously pretty tough herself and having another companion, particularly an upgraded ED-E, definitely helps. If you're not playing Hardcore Mode they're only going to get knocked unconscious, unless you tell Jean-Baptiste Cutting to go ahead and kill Cass.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bowdown on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:00 pm

btw. You know after I killed the Van Graffs, I took everything in their shop onto my inventory to sell them off. Proplem is that I have too much weight on me now and I need to find a person who will buy my weapons so I can get some money in return for them. Where can I go? I seem to not recollect best place to go and seel my things. I have a lot of money worth of stuff
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:05 pm

Gun Runners, without a doubt. They'll have up to 8000 caps on hand, a lot of ammo/guns to sell and their cap supply/stock replenishes every three days.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bowdown on Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:13 pm

good call
bowdown

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic