DB Commander 2000 "How-To" on Player Ratings Manipulation!

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

DB Commander 2000 "How-To" on Player Ratings Manipulation!

Postby outofcuriosity22 on Sun May 15, 2011 1:14 am

Im having some trouble on using this "db commander" to manipulate player ratings in my dynasty mode.
i need help how exactly db commander technically works, could use some link containing tutorials on "how-to?" or a thorough explanation will do.

what i inadvertently did: start the db commander, open the player.dbf for both identical saved dynasty game (one for reference), and start editing ratings on a particular player and exit the application. doing so gave me no changes, no development at all after checking the player i just edited.

i am aware of the players.dbf editing guide but it didn't gave my any idea at all. what i need is the process.
thank you, spread the love people!
outofcuriosity22

Re: DB Commander 2000 "How-To" on Player Ratings Manipulatio

Postby Andrew on Sun May 15, 2011 8:35 am

That's pretty much how it's done. Open players.dbf, change values, move to another cell or click the tick icon at the bottom to save the changes.

When you're editing a player on your own team in Dynasty Mode, there are actually two entries to edit as the game creates a second copy of your players' data for the player progression screens. So just be sure to make the same edits on both instances of the player in the database. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby outofcuriosity22 on Sun May 15, 2011 10:04 am

Andrew wrote:change values, move to another cell or click the tick icon at the bottom to save the changes.

Values? i haven't been so curious but we could run a good flow of progress here if we could try to be more specific about what these values are?
i've just mentioned that im aware of the player.dbf editing guide actually however, i dont really know the exact relativity of these values. how does each affects the whole thing if you try to change one or two of them.
in my case, i was trying to edit player ratings which i couldn't just do because i am in a dynasty mode so i apparently need this "db commander". these following that i want to share are those entries with their values i changed:
FGPBASE, THREEPTBAS, FTPBASE, DNKABILITY, STLABILITY, BLKABILITY, OREABILITY, DREABILITY, BALABILITY, OFFABILITY, DEFABILITY, SPEED, QUICK, JUMP, DRIBBLE, DSTRENGTH, and DHARDY. --- am i missing something here that i can't get this thing to work? i decided to leave the other entries untouched as they look complicated to me. i recalculated the OVERALLRTG in the db commander after opening my dynasty saved game.

tick icon? you mean post edit right?

Andrew wrote:When you're editing a player on your own team in Dynasty Mode, there are actually two entries to edit as the game creates a second copy of your players' data for the player progression screens. So just be sure to make the same edits on both instances of the player in the database. :)

two entries to edit? i haven't been so curious but i would really want know what these entries are?

thank you for the patience, im too clumsy for this! spread the love!
outofcuriosity22

Postby Andrew on Sun May 15, 2011 10:21 am

That's what the Players.dbf Editing Guides are for; they explain what each of those columns represent as well as the values they use. In the case of ratings, they're all 0-99 with 0 being the worst value and 99 being the best. Don't recalculate the overall rating in DB Commander; when you're finished editing the individual ratings, go to Edit Player in-game and then exit Edit Player, saving the changes (you don't actually have to make any). This will force a recalculation of the overall rating.

As I said, when you're working with the players.dbf file from a Dynasty save, there are two entries for players on your team. So, for example, if you're playing as the Lakers and are editing Kobe Bryant, there will be two entries for Kobe Bryant in the database which you will need to find and change. The first entry will be easier to find if you search by the last name. The second entry will be at the bottom of the database.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby outofcuriosity22 on Sun May 15, 2011 11:56 am

its getting transparent right now! last thing, im kinda confused with some entries having 0 values, true/false values, and no values at all when you compare the both entries. there are some confusing entries in player.dbf editing guides like ISMINIMUM, MONTHLYMVP, SUPERSTAR "for instance". these entries doesn't correlate in the db commander. like MONTHLYMVP in the player.dbf editing guides has a description (Related to Player of the Month ) while in the db commander it has values like 0, or true/false.
unlike to some particular entry like ISMINIMUM has clearer description {player can be signed to a Minimum contract (True/False)} which does correlate in db commander.

SHOELIMIT has clearer description (Player's specific shoe brand0: None1: Nike/Jordan Brand2: Adidas3: Reebok ) which does correlate in db commander(has 0,1,2,3 as choices)
ORIGHSHOE has description (Player's home shoe) which doesn't correlate in db commander (has "0" values) --- where does the "0" value came from? how am i suppose to deal with this?

anyways, do i really have to edit all the entries in the vertical lines?
outofcuriosity22

Postby Andrew on Sun May 15, 2011 12:16 pm

Some fields are not utilised by the game (thus no further description or info has been provided), in other cases not all of the possible values have currently been mapped out which is why that information does not appear. A lot of stuff you don't need to worry about editing at all (like the ORIGHSHOE for example, since a player's shoe assignment is actually handled by their entry in appearance.dbf these days), especially if you just want to change player ratings.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby outofcuriosity22 on Wed May 18, 2011 12:30 pm

yeah? i was actually looking at the whole part and the relevance of the values, i guess in that part made me confused.
thank you brother!
outofcuriosity22

Postby Andrew on Wed May 18, 2011 12:48 pm

You're welcome. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby outofcuriosity22 on Wed May 18, 2011 11:32 pm

Andrew wrote:Don't recalculate the overall rating in DB Commander; when you're finished editing the individual ratings, go to Edit Player in-game and then exit Edit Player, saving the changes (you don't actually have to make any). This will force a recalculation of the overall rating.)

yeah? i dont include overall rating when i start editing values but i do go back to recalculate AFTER:
"the edits made(db commander)--go to edit player in-game then done/exit edit player" doing so will force a recalculation of the overall rating however the changes made in overall rating in-game doesn't seem to appear in db commander. it doesn't update, you have to manually input the updated values in db commander. right?

OTHER PLAYERS NOT IN THE LIST! i have this one file (new dynasty file). when i start editing some player ratings in db commander some of them are not in the list and there are cases like 2 similar name in "false category(active roster)" but not in the player development category(underside). the 2 similar name in false category has different team, one in your team and the other in the legends pool. why is this? how do i deal with it?

thank you!
outofcuriosity22

Postby Andrew on Wed May 18, 2011 11:37 pm

No, it should recalculate automatically. There shouldn't be any reason to touch the overall rating or player value attribute in the database.

As mentioned before, a Dynasty save keeps two entries for the players on your team. The second entry is for the player comparison screen that is shown between seasons. Generated rookies for the upcoming Draft are also entered into the database each year.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby outofcuriosity22 on Thu May 19, 2011 1:22 am

it is possible to manipulate player's team specifically AIs in dynasty mode? you decide assigning what team a player to play with. it would raise some issues like cap room space and roster space in the editing process i guess if this thing is possible? is it possible to re-assign players to another team or something like that?

thank you!

by the ways, i find db commander somewhat an inconsistent application or i think its just a choosy chick!
outofcuriosity22

Postby Andrew on Thu May 19, 2011 11:59 am

No, that's not possible.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby outofcuriosity22 on Fri May 20, 2011 9:42 pm

yeah? hey brother how do you edit these entries: CHEMTYPE CHEMWANT CHEMHAVE CHEMHAPPY? any guidelines for the values?

thank you! spread the love
outofcuriosity22

Postby Andrew on Sat May 21, 2011 11:04 am

I haven't actually mapped out the values for those fields at this time. However, you can take a look at the values other players have and what they do, then make changes accordingly. That's how you map out the values, it's something I need to get around to doing for a few fields but it's difficult to find the time. It's also another reason why we moved the DBF Guides to the Wiki, so the community can contribute and correct them as necessary. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby outofcuriosity22 on Sat May 21, 2011 10:30 pm

ok then thanks for the facts! id pressume the community youve mentioned are composed of programmers who do the innovation.

so long brother, questions done! will visit this site sometime later.
outofcuriosity22

Postby Andrew on Sun May 22, 2011 10:40 am

Nope, I'm talking about this very community which spends time modding the game.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 07