Is Offensive Rebound a factor of Offensive Ability?

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

Is Offensive Rebound a factor of Offensive Ability?

Postby GoLowDrew on Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:37 am

I've set my created PF as a Dennis Rodman type of guy. I wanted him to be a good rebounder on both the Offensive and Defensive side. So I adjusted the Offensive and Defensive Rebound settings High. I aslo set the Defensive Ability to High also as I want him to play defense. And Shot Blocking too.

However, I don't need or want him to make any offensive contributions. I don't need him for points. So I keep the Offensive Ability at default (low).

I noticed he does not go after Offensive Rebounds. In fact, the shorter guards (who have a higher Offensive Ability) often out hussle him to it. This is based on a 10 game observation.

So does Offensive Ability affect Offensive Rebounds?
GoLowDrew

Re: Is Offensive Rebound a factor of Offensive Ability?

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:20 pm

I guess it's possible, but I'd say not. You could always give it a try and see if it changes anything but I'd suggest it won't. If it does make a difference then you could probably balance out his offensive contributions with a low Go To Player rating, the equivalent of Primacy in NBA Live 10.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Is Offensive Rebound a factor of Offensive Ability?

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:31 am

Not sure if it works in Live 10, but in 2K the hustle attribute affects how many rebounds a player gets. A rebound is practically a loose ball, and the hustle rating is a player's willingness to chase after loose balls. Try that, and hopefully it will work.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Return to NBA Live 10