Andrew's Chicago Bulls Dynasty (NBA Live 2004)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Ruff Ryder on Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:08 am

KG with another triple-double. Where does he rank among MVP candidates?

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:04 pm

Laddas_KB8_CA15 wrote:you consdiering resting KG for the last couple of games???
incase he gets injured or anything??

I was, but I'm thinking of having one more shot at East Player of the Month. He was actually West Player of the Month in November.

ruffryder8 wrote:KG with another triple-double. Where does he rank among MVP candidates?

Still first. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Macca on Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:09 am

Scottie Pippen: 20 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal

Pippen looks like he might still have some spark left for the playoff run at the end of the season, and with KG's help, they could go all the way. But retirement deffinatly is in the cards for Pip, some games there you know he's past his prime.

Ever thought of playing Pip at point, becuase he's really good at distributing the ball, as he knows the game well??

Anyway, this has got to be one of the coolset dynasties around. I really like seeing KG perfrm at his highest, night in, night out. He finally should get credit. I also like how he's turned this franchise around, from several seasons of consant bottom ladder finishes and lottery picks, to back being playoff contenders, which is great. Ever considered been picked for GM of the Year Andrew, could happen :wink:

Also, as a rookie and battling at point with Crawford, where does Hinrich stand on your team, is he a player who steps up?? Would you think of starting him daily, giving Crawford a chance to come off the bench. Also, is he trade option for the future and what are his stats??

The Bulls have great depth amongst their team, and you've unlocked the winning ways in all of them, they're all playing as a team. Maybe the real Bulls could hire you Andrew... :cool:

Macca
Macca

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:43 am

Hinrich actually starts alongside Crawford in the backcourt. He's averaging about 5.2 apg and just under 10 ppg, though he's been scoring more as of late. His FG% is pretty low though, around 30% for the year. Right now I'm planning to hold onto Hinrich.

Because Hinrich starts at point guard with Crawford playing at shooting guard, Pip has to start at small forward. I usually play him at point guard at some point during the game, as my only backup point guard is Tim Hardaway, who I use sparingly. Hinrich, Crawford and Pip share time at the point, switching positions so that guys like Donyell Marshall and Kendall Gill can get ample playing time.

Macca wrote:The Bulls have great depth amongst their team, and you've unlocked the winning ways in all of them, they're all playing as a team. Maybe the real Bulls could hire you Andrew...

Thanks. :) But I doubt the real Timberwolves would have accepted Jalen Rose, Marcus Fizer and Roger Mason Jr for Kevin Garnett. :wink:

Thanks for the interest, I'm glad you're enjoying reading the thread! (Y)

Update

I'll probably be playing some more games fairly soon, but I thought I'd update everyone on the current Eastern standings. I've basically clinched first place in the East. Even if I lost my final six games I would stay on top, so I'm free to have a little fun with them, try to get KG to average a triple double for the month of April, etc.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:16 pm

Another game, possibly KG's finest of the season.

Chicago 121, Miami 109

Kevin Garnett just missed out on a triple double in the first quarter, racking up 8 points, 11 rebounds and 9 assists after the first 12 minutes, as we took a 33-23 lead into the second. KG reached a triple double with 10:50 left in the second quarter, and had 10 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists when he sat down with 9:22 remaining. He returned later in the second and finished the half with 17 points, 14 rebounds and 12 assists. The Heat managed to rally back, but I still held on to a slim 56-52 lead at the end of the first half.

The second quarter became a high scoring affair as Eddie Jones caught fire from long range. The Heat managed to tie the game at 60 early in the third but I pulled away towards the end of the quarter with KG scoring easily down low. The Heat would not come closer than 8 points as I won the game 121-109 behind tremendous performances by my key players, especially KG and Pip.

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 41 points, 25 rebounds (12 offensive), 17 assists, 1 block
Scottie Pippen: 19 points, 8 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 steals, 1 block
Jamal Crawford: 17 points, 4 assists
Kirk Hinrich: 11 points, 7 assists, 2 steals
Eddy Curry: 10 points, 5 rebounds
Donyell Marshall: 10 points
Tyson Chandler: 4 points, 6 rebounds

Eddie Jones: 37 points (7/19 from downtown), 7 rebounds
Samaki Walker: 14 points
Caron Butler: 13 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists
Lamar Odom: 12 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks
Dwyane Wade: 10 points, 9 assists
Rafer Alston: 9 points (2/3 from downtown), 2 assists in 11 minutes
Brian Grant: 7 points, 9 rebounds

One of the best games of the year as far as individual stats are concerned. (Y)

Record: 59-18
Next Opponent: New York Knicks (42-36; Season Series 3-0 Chicago)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mark. on Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:10 pm

Wow KG was awesome, you should have tried to get him a 20-20-20 game, cos you were pretty close.

Good solid poerformance fromt he rest too! Especially Pip, good to see him playing at a high level still.(Y)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Macca on Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:43 pm

Miami aren't so hot when the face KG and the Bulls hey??
Great game against the HEat, KG is racking up the ponts, rebounds and assits this season. I think that trade was for the better. And Pippen, whoa. :shock: Now this gives you an interseting situation, Pippen almost had a triple double with KG!! He is playing really well, I'd like to see where he rates amongst the league in any category. Hinrich and Crawford in the backcourt are a great duo. And Eddie Jones for the Heat, how you kept him underwater I will not know. That was proabbly his hot night where nothing could go wrong with him, and you still pulled away with the win!! Great work. Keep it up. Bulls for Champs (again, :cool: )

Macca

P.S.
Macca wrote:
The Bulls have great depth amongst their team, and you've unlocked the winning ways in all of them, they're all playing as a team. Maybe the real Bulls could hire you Andrew...

Thanks. But I doubt the real Timberwolves would have accepted Jalen Rose, Marcus Fizer and Roger Mason Jr for Kevin Garnett.

Thanks for the interest, I'm glad you're enjoying reading the thread!

Yeah, no problems mate. I love reading your dynasty. It has a realistic feel to it. But, that KG trade probably has sealed the playoffs envolope for you. Anyway, I'll keep following this thread until it ends. (Y)
Macca

Postby Macca on Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:44 pm

Miami aren't so hot when the face KG and the Bulls hey??
Great game against the Heat, KG is racking up the ponts, rebounds and assists this season. I think that trade was for the better. And Pippen, whoa. :shock: Now this gives you an interseting situation, Pippen almost had a triple double with KG!! He is playing really well, I'd like to see where he rates amongst the league in any category. Hinrich and Crawford in the backcourt are a great duo. And Eddie Jones for the Heat, how you kept him underwater I will not know. That was proabbly his hot night where nothing could go wrong with him, and you still pulled away with the win!! Great work. Keep it up. Bulls for Champs (again, :cool: )

Macca

P.S.
Macca wrote:
The Bulls have great depth amongst their team, and you've unlocked the winning ways in all of them, they're all playing as a team. Maybe the real Bulls could hire you Andrew...

Thanks. But I doubt the real Timberwolves would have accepted Jalen Rose, Marcus Fizer and Roger Mason Jr for Kevin Garnett.

Thanks for the interest, I'm glad you're enjoying reading the thread!

Yeah, no problems mate. I love reading your dynasty. It has a realistic feel to it. But, that KG trade probably has sealed the playoffs envolope for you. Anyway, I'll keep following this thread until it ends. (Y)
Macca

Postby Ruff Ryder on Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:02 am

KG beastin!

What a cooincidence though. Eddie Jones had 34 for me last night.

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:30 pm

Pip's season numbers are down from the beginning of the year as his minutes have been reduced and KG dominates the statistics. He's averaging about 15, 4 and 5 though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TheBigEasy on Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:34 am

I am beginning to realize, how dominant KG can be ... I have played an exhibition game with Minny today, versus Milwaukee. And KG simply excelled.

I played on superstar, 10 minutes per quarter. I had to stretch the game to triple overtime (!), but finally won 163-161. KG had 35 points, 18 rebounds, 9 blocks and 5 assists in 39 minutes before fouling out midway through the second overtime. If he hadnt fouled out, he sure would have gotten the 10th block for the triple double.

It was one of the most exciting games I have played so far in Live. A couple of seconds before the end of regulation I had a time out, than inbounded the ball to Cassell who hit a wide open 3 to tie it at 112. Wallyworld was useless, going scoreless in 19 minutes of play and getting blocked at least 4 times (mostly by Tim Thomas). Surprisingly Fred Hoiberg hit 6 3's (in 15 tries) to finish with 24 points and Ndu.. Ebi more than made up for Wallys poor play by chipping in 23 points. But KG was simply awesome. He blocked TJ Ford at least 3 times, if not more and did a great job on both ends of the floor. If I ever play another dynasty I think I'll try to get KG in there ...

TBE
TheBigEasy

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:01 pm

Yes, I highly recommend KG for anyone who's looking to revamp their roster with a new superstar. (Y)

Chicago 97, New York 82

I started off very slowly as the Knicks scored the first four points of the game. An 11-0 run allowed me to take the lead but the Knicks rallied after Dikembe Mutombo somehow hit a three pointer in a desperate attempt to beat the shot clock. The Knicks took an 18-15 lead into the second, and although I managed to take a 35-34 lead late in the second quarter they once again managed to jump ahead 39-35 at halftime. KG was quiet in the first half with only 5 points, though he did have 12 rebounds.

New York almost pulled away early in the third but I managed to stay close. The lead changed hands a couple of times but the Knicks always found a way to stay ahead. I finally managed to take the lead in the final minute, holding a 61-60 advantage at the end of three. KG scored 13 points in the third quarter and was once again closing in on a triple double. Through the first 8 or 9 minutes of the fourth quarter New York refused to go quietly as Keith Van Horn continued to hit from long range. Foul trouble eventually handed me the game as the Knicks put me on the line and allowed me to seal the victory.

Late in the fourth Tyson Chandler went down with a leg injury that would prove to be the second injury this season that has lasted more than a game. Chandler scored 6 points and grabbed 8 rebounds before he was forced to take a seat.

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 22 points, 20 rebounds, 10 assists
Kirk Hinrich: 17 points, 4 assists
Eddy Curry: 15 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks
Scottie Pippen: 14 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists
Jamal Crawford: 11 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists
Donyell Marshall: 10 points, 4 rebounds
Tyson Chandler: 6 points, 8 rebounds

Keith Van Horn: 24 points (10/15 FG, including 4/7 3PT)
Allan Houston: 19 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists
Charlie Ward: 12 points, 8 assists
Dikembe Mutombo: 7 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks
Shandon Anderson: 6 points
Kurt Thomas: 5 points, 3 rebounds
Clarence Weatherspoon: 4 points, 10 rebounds

Current Record: 60-18
Next Opponent: Atlanta Hawks (39-39; Season Series 2-1 Chicago)

Injury Update:

Tyson Chandler is listed as day-to-day with a sore thigh muscle. As a precaution, I've placed him on the injured list.

Chicago 102, Atlanta 72

No Chandler? No problem. Though the Hawks scored the first two points of the game, they would not lead again after that point. Hinrich got hot from downtown, shooting 5/7 from beyond the arc in the first half. KG had another great all around game as he picked up another triple double. After taking a 21 point lead into halftime, the closest the Hawks came was to close the deficit to 20 early in the third. Everyone on the Bulls got into the game and scored, everyone except Baxter (who had 4 points in 3 minutes) played at least 10 minutes. An easy 102-72 victory.

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 25 points, 21 rebounds, 11 assists
Kirk Hinrich: 20 points, 4 assists
Scottie Pippen: 13 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists
Eddy Curry: 12 points, 15 rebounds

Shareef Abdur-Rahim: 17 points, 10 rebounds
Jason Terry: 14 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists
Boris Diaw: 12 points
Stephen Jackson: 9 points, 3 rebounds

Current Record: 61-18
Next Opponent: Toronto Raptors (35-44; Season Series 2-1 Chicago)

Notes:

Detroit have moved into 8th place in the East, 1 game ahead of the Hawks. The Hawks and Pistons are the only teams battling for the 8th seed in the East. Minnesota hasn't been mathematically eliminated yet, but it seems unlikely that they'll be able to overtake Golden State. Everyone else in the West has been eliminated.

Tyson Chandler will remain on the injured list for at least one more game
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TheBigEasy on Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:00 am

Btw Andrew. Do you plan on playing another season with the Bulls or will you change teams?

I am asking cause I am thinking about what I will do at seasons end. At the moment I am 43-29, first in the sorry East with my Hornets and I have played all games, although in 10 minute quarters. I am a lock for the playoffs and I pretty much think I will win the Championship. So atm I think it might be boring to come back and play another season with the Hornets and I am thinking about changing teams ...

but I am still deciding which team I should take ...

TBE
TheBigEasy

Postby Boyk on Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:58 pm

Bigeasy u may get an offer from another team.
so keep it goin i say
Thanks to TEH G.O.A.T for Sig
Formerly known as Laddas
Watch out for Kobe,Melo n the Lakers!
Boyk

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:22 pm

TheBigEasy wrote:Btw Andrew. Do you plan on playing another season with the Bulls or will you change teams?

Right now I'm leaning towards staying in the Windy City, though I'll probably consider switching teams if the option presents itself.

I apologise in advance for the long post:

Chicago 97, Toronto 78

After the Raptors snapped my 20 game winning streak back in March, I was looking for revenge (and hoping to avoid them ending another double digit winning streak). I didn't start the game with the dominant performance I was hoping for, but managed to take the lead late in the first. After the Raptors threatened to stay close throughout the second, I blew the game open in the third and had little trouble holding them off in the fourth for a 97-78 victory. The final two minutes of the fourth was a desperate scramble to get KG a triple double, which succeeded thanks to a couple of quick baskets by Eddy Curry for KG's final two assists.

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 28 points, 16 rebounds, 10 assists
Jamal Crawford: 17 points
Eddy Curry: 16 points, 11 rebounds
Scottie Pippen: 15 points, 8 assists
Donyell Marshall: 10 points, 5 rebounds, 2 steals
Tim Hardaway: 6 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists

Vince Carter: 19 points, 3 assists
Antonio Davis: 18 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks
Alvin Williams: 12 points, 4 rebounds, 7 assists
Jerome Williams: 10 points, 6 rebounds

Current Record: 62-18
Next Opponent: Orlando Magic (43-37; Season Series 3-0 Chicago)

Injury Update:

Tyson Chandler is back at full strength, and has been activated for the final two games of the season.

Chicago 99, Orlando 94

Once again I was unable to keep Orlando from racing out to an early lead. I managed to tie the game at 25 at the end of the first, but the Magic were simply unstoppable in the second thanks to T-Mac who racked up 17 points by halftime. I managed to catch up in the third, but I would not be able to take the lead until about 3 minutes left in the fourth. A couple of one point leads were exchanged until I finally managed to scrape out a 99-94 victory. With 8 assists, KG fell just short of another triple double, though he still had an outstanding game.

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 49 points, 20 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals
Jamal Crawford: 13 points, 5 assists
Scottie Pippen: 13 points, 2 steals
Eddy Curry: 12 points, 5 rebounds, 2 blocks
Kirk Hinrich: 4 points, 11 assists

Tracy McGrady: 33 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists
Grant Hill: 14 points, 4 assists
Gordan Giricek: 10 points, 4 rebounds
Shammond Williams: 10 points, 9 assists
Juwan Howard: 9 points, 13 rebounds

Current Record: 63-18
Next Opponent: Indiana Pacers (49-32; Season Series 2-1 Chicago)

Detroit has captured the 8th spot in the East, finishing 41-41. The Hawks finished in 9th place with a record of 39-43. Sacramento has clinched the Pacific Division, while Minnesota still has a chance to make the playoffs; if they win their final game and Golden State loses theirs, they will both be 38-44. Minnesota will win the tiebreaker, as they won the season series 4-0. They also have a better record against teams in their division and conference.

Chicago 94, Indiana 77

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 24 points, 22 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 blocks
Tyson Chandler: 18 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists
Kirk Hinrich: 15 points (5/7 FG, including 5/6 3PT), 8 assists, 3 rebounds
Eddy Curry: 8 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists
Scottie Pippen: 8 points, 5 assists, 2 rebounds
Donyell Marshall: 6 points, 4 rebounds

Reggie Miller: 16 points, 6 rebounds
Jermaine O'Neal: 15 points, 4 rebounds, 4 blocks
Ron Artest: 13 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists
Jamaal Tinsley: 13 points, 2 assists
Al Harrington: 8 points
Scot Pollard: 4 points, 8 rebounds

Final Regular Season Record: 64-18

April Award Winners

East Player of the Month: Paul Pierce (29.3 ppg, 4.3 apg, 9.1 rpg, 0.9 bpg, 1.9 spg) - you've gotta be kidding! (N)
West Player of the Month: Shaquille O'Neal (24.6 ppg, 2.8 apg, 12.8 rpg, 2.8 bpg, 0.9 spg)
East Rookie of the Month: LeBron James (13.1 ppg, 4.1 apg, 8.0 rpg, 1.0 bpg, 0.6 spg)
West Rookie of the Month: Carmelo Anthony (15.2 ppg, 2.8 apg, 4.2 rpg, 0.5 bpg, 1.0 spg)

This is absolutely ridiculous. KG averaged a triple double for the Month, as we went undefeated. What a joke. (N)

2003/2004 League Leaders

2. Paul Pierce: 28.3 ppg
3. Tim Duncan: 27.0 ppg
4. Kevin Garnett: 26.5 ppg

FG%
1. Tyson Chandler: 61.6%
2. Eddy Curry: 59.9%
3. Wesley Person: 58.0%
4. Shaquille O'Neal: 56.4%
5. Tim Duncan: 56.3%

3PT%
1. Luke Ridnour: 51.7%
2. Wesley Person: 49.3%
3. Zarko Cabarkapa: 45.5%
4. Marko Jaric: 43.5%
5. Walt Williams: 42.7%

FT%
1. Kendall Gill: 96.1%
2. Eddie Robinson: 92.7%
3. Jamal Crawford: 92.6%
4. Glenn Robinson: 91.9%
5. Jason Terry: 91.5%

Rebounds
1. Kevin Garnett: 16.2 rpg
2. Ben Wallace: 12.7 rpg
3. Shaquille O'Neal: 12.6 rpg
4. Tim Duncan: 11.7 rpg
5. Jermaine O'Neal: 11.1 rpg

Blocks
1. Ben Wallace: 4.0 bpg
2. Shaquille O'Neal: 2.6 bpg
3. Tim Duncan: 2.3 bpg
4. Alonzo Mourning: 2.2 bpg
5. Dikembe Mutombo: 2.1 bpg

Steals
1. Jason Kidd: 2.4 spg
1. Allen Iverson: 2.4 spg
3. Ron Artest: 2.2 spg
4. Gary Payton: 2.1 spg
5. Kobe Bryant: 2.0 spg

Assists
1. Jason Williams: 8.1 apg
1. Jason Kidd: 8.1 apg
3. Gary Payton: 7.7 apg
4. Mark Jackson: 7.6 apg
5. Steve Nash: 7.3 apg

2003/2004 Award Winners:

Most Valuable Player: Kevin Garnett, Chicago Bulls (26.5 ppg, 16.2 rpg, 5.6 apg, 1.9 bpg, 0.7 spg) (Y)
Most Improved: Dan Dickau, Atlanta Hawks (You don't want to know the stats)
Sixth Man: Antoine Walker, Dallas Mavericks (10.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.3 apg, 0.4 bpg, 0.7 spg)
Defensive Player of the Year: Ben Wallace, Detroit Pistons (8.9 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 1.7 apg, 4.0 bpg, 1.7 spg)
Rookie of the Year: LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers (14.4 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 4.1 apg, 0.9 bpg, 0.7 spg)
Coach of the Year: Andrew Begley*, Chicago Bulls (Record of 64-18)

* well, Bill Cartwright as far as the game's records go)

All NBA Teams
First
C: Shaquille O'Neal
F: Kevin Garnett
F: Shawn Marion
G: Tracy McGrady
6: Steve Francis

Second
C: Antonio Davis
F: Tim Duncan
F: Jamal Mashburn
G: Paul Pierce
G: Stephon Marbury

All Defensive Teams
First
C: Shaquille O'Neal
F: Ben Wallace
F: Andrei Kirilenko
G: Kobe Bryant
G: Gary Payton

Second
C: Marcus Camby
F: Tim Duncan
F: Ron Artest
G: Tracy McGrady
G: Jason Kidd

All Rookie Teams
First
G: LeBron James
G: TJ Ford
F: Carmelo Anthony
C: Chris Kaman
F: Nick Collison

Second
G: Dwyane Wade
G: Kirk Hinrich
F: Boris Diaw
F: Chris Bosh
F: Darko Milicic

Let the Playoffs Begin!

East Playoffs
1. Chicago
8. Detroit

4. New Orleans
5. New Jersey

3. Indiana
6. New York

2. Philadelphia
7. Orlando

West Playoffs
1. Dallas
8. Golden State

4. San Antonio
5. LA Clippers

3. LA Lakers
6. Memphis

2. Sacramento
7. Denver
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Power And Proud on Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:19 pm

KG was robbed for player of the month. But congrats to him winning MVP. He deserves it!
Power And Proud

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:45 pm

Yeah, I was pretty relieved to see him get MVP. I really thought he might have missed out on it. It's a shame about Player of the Month, but at least he won West Player of the Month back in November while playing for the Timberwolves.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TheBigEasy on Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:21 pm

Ahm .. actually I hadnt meant that the computer offers you another position, but that you just start another dynasty with another team :). Cause i experience that it might get boring in a second season and I am actually thinking about taking another team (preferably from the west as i have played in the east now) to the championship.

TBE
TheBigEasy

Postby Drex on Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:18 am

Wow...Antonio Davis with All-NBA selection... :shock:
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:49 am

TheBigEasy wrote:Ahm .. actually I hadnt meant that the computer offers you another position, but that you just start another dynasty with another team :). Cause i experience that it might get boring in a second season and I am actually thinking about taking another team (preferably from the west as i have played in the east now) to the championship.

TBE

At the moment I'm planning to play the second season. I might start a Dynasty with the 95/96 patch when it's completed, but for now I'm planning to stick with this Dynasty.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby FanOfAll on Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:06 am

GO ANDREW!!!
FanOfAll

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:53 am

Thanks. :) I'll probably play at least the first round sometime this weekend. Recaps and such coming soon.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:02 pm

Chicago 118, Detroit 78

Even though Detroit jumped out to an early 7-0 lead, KG wasn't ready to roll over and allow the Pistons to have their way. KG scored 21 points in the first quarter and blocked 5 shots. He ended the first half with 23 points, 15 rebounds, 6 assists and 5 blocks, while we held a commanding 57-30 lead. I outscored the Pistons 20-9 in the second quarter and seemed to have things well under control.

The Pistons never made a serious run in the second half, as KG and Hinrich both looked like picking up quadruple doubles. Lindsey Hunter scored 10 points in the fourth quarter but by then it was too late. A 40 point victory gave me a 1-0 lead in the best of seven first round series.

Top Performers:
Kevin Garnett (POG): 33 points, 20 rebounds, 10 assists, 6 blocks
Jamal Crawford: 17 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals
Scottie Pippen: 15 points, 5 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 steals
Tyson Chandler: 14 points
Donyell Marshall: 13 points, 10 rebounds
Eddy Curry: 11 points, 7 rebounds
Kirk Hinrich: 10 points, 6 rebounds, 11 assists, 9 steals

Chauncey Billups: 19 points, 4 rebounds, 9 assists
Lindsey Hunter: 15 points
Rip Hamilton: 11 points
Corliss Williamson: 10 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists
Darko Milicic: 8 points
Ben Wallace: 7 points, 4 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 steals
Elden Campbell: 4 points, 5 rebounds

Chicago leads series 1-0
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Macca on Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:17 pm

Hey great game Andrew.
And before I continue, congrats to KG for season MVP, and to the Bulls for once again making the playoffs (been a while though :? )

Now I know what I've been missing. :x Anyway, KG is 'beastin' in that last playoff game against Detroit. Is there any game he hasn't got POG?? But good to see your one ahead. That's one they're behind. Big Ben was surprisingly quiet for the game. Good to see you kept Rip under wraps to. Crawford and Pip are also doing well. All in all, keep it up Andrew, you gotta good team to win it all this year.
If KG's injured though, who will fill his roll, especially in the playoffs??

Macca

P.S, should make your way over to my dyansty, I'm getting there. It's interesting to say the least, :cool:
Macca

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:51 pm

The last time I remember KG not getting POG would have been back in February when he was injured in the first quarter, and only played 9 minutes. Pip was POG in that contest. The way Pip and Hinrich are playing, they could probably step in if the worst happens to KG. Crawford can pick up the slack at the offensive end, and Chandler can help out on defense. Obviously, it's much easier if I don't have to compensate for KG's absence. :wink:

Another game:

Chicago 106, Detroit 76

This game started much like the last, with the Pistons opening the game with a 10-0 run. I managed to catch up and eventually took the lead before the first quarter break, but the Pistons snatched it back early in the second. Although I regained the advantage the game remained close. I opened the third quarter on fire, scoring 13 quick points in the first two minutes. The game was a blowout from there on, with the Pistons showing signs of life at the start of the fourth but never coming closer than 19 points.

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 32 points, 17 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 blocks, 1 steal
Jamal Crawford: 19 points (all in the second half)
Scottie Pippen: 16 points, 7 rebounds, 10 assists, 5 steals
Kirk Hinrich: 15 points, 3 rebounds, 11 assists, 5 steals
Eddy Curry: 10 points, 5 rebounds
Tyson Chandler: 2 points, 8 rebounds

Chauncey Billups: 18 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists
Corliss Williamson: 11 points, 5 rebounds
Rip Hamilton: 11 points, 4 rebounds
Elden Campbell: 10 points, 8 rebounds
Ben Wallace: 9 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks

Chicago leads series 2-0
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast