Fallout: New Vegas

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Fallout: New Vegas

Postby el badman on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:12 am

up north towards sloan & vegas?

I wouldn't recommend Sloan at that stage of the game, the strongest enemies in the game have quite a happy family camping north of there (deathclaws). You're gonna need to get better armor/weapons first.
Just go naked

Always a safe bet :hump:
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:57 pm

el badman wrote:I wouldn't recommend Sloan at that stage of the game, the strongest enemies in the game have quite a happy family camping north of there (deathclaws). You're gonna need to get better armor/weapons first.

And even then, they're a bitch to take out. Where's the Dart Gun when you need it?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:05 pm

ok yeah i avoided the north so far. i figured the game makers wanted to save it for the end. anyways, i made it down south went to nippon, the outpost, and the prison and did most of what i could there. i think i might push on out to novac to move the storyline (if that's possible at this stage of the game)

i've quite the gun collection now. i got a single shotty, the cowboy repeater, the 10 & 9 mm, & the varmint rifle. which gun is the best in your opinions? i have a feeling i will need to start using the varmint with the AP ammo soon. the handguns aren't doing as well as it did before.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:12 pm

I found myself favouring energy weapons a bit more towards the end, though the Hunting Shotgun is also pretty devastating.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Man this is some serious hunting:

phpBB [video]

I guess my Stealth character build from Fallout 3 won't stand long enough in the Mojave Wasteland.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:14 am

In that cave there is a small place that the deathclaws can't get you. I hid there and used vats and the anti material rifle to get critical sneak hits in the head. My character was not good enough at the time to take them head on, even with the hunting shotgun.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:50 am

I haven't tried tangling with any of the Legendary creatures as yet. That's one of the things that's next on the list when I pick it up again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby el badman on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

That legendary deathclaw was certainly a bitch to slaughter, even with badass weapons like the gauss rifle or that crazy tesla prototype rifle.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:16 am

so i just finished the game with the independent ending. not exactly sure that was the ending i wanted to see, but i was led down that path once i got tired of doing things for mr house. it was either independent or ncr ending. fuck caesar.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:33 pm

That was my train of thought on my first play through, though I went with the NCR ending to begin with.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:41 pm

I don't think there is a right or good ending. Every faction want power, and there are some negative consequences for each path.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Agreed and that holds pretty true to the Fallout universe, though having said that the Independent ending strikes me as the most positive option.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:13 am

yeah i partly didnt want the NCR ending because i installed the NCR as sheriff of Primm and when i went back they all seemed unhappy about it
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:29 am

The independent ending seemed negative since all the trade routes were messed up, screwing the way for supplies, but I guess that was because I chose to kill off crimson caravans. I might play it again down the road and do everything opposite.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:19 am

Pdub wrote:The independent ending seemed negative since all the trade routes were messed up, screwing the way for supplies, but I guess that was because I chose to kill off crimson caravans. I might play it again down the road and do everything opposite.

i don't think it was because of that. i killed the chick from cassidy caravans. apparently, she gives you a really cool perk. i didn't know you could kill crimson caravans though. i still got the "messed up caravan routes" in the ending. i'm guessing there's 3 main endings. caesar, ncr, and independent. then the mini endings are based off of whether you complete all of the missions for each group. (boomers, omertas, house, brotherhood, khans, etc.)

on another note, i remember discussion about the rate at which you get new perks... i say a new one every 2 was a good pace, although it did leave me wanting more with all of those choices. i would want more than one, but forced to pick only one. i think getting to pick 2 every 3 levels would be better even though it might make the game too easy at the end.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:13 am

It's a revenge mission for Cassidy, iirc. I put C4 at her desk while she was asleep, waited until the daytime when she was sitting at her desk and then went into the bathroom and blew her ass up so I didn't get shunned.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:11 am

damn. that sounds like fun. i wish i got to play around with c4 in the game.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:30 pm

I chose the peaceful resolution for Crimson Caravans and as such, that part of the ending wasn't so bad. The Followers of the Apocalypse seem to get screwed over whichever way you go.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:19 am

Dead Money is coming to PC and PS3 on February 22nd. Reckon I'll be picking it up. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:20 pm

As I mentioned before, Dead Money is out this coming week for PC and PS3. I've also been reading up on the other DLC over on The Vault; as you can see here, each of the future add-ons are expected to be released at the same time for all three platforms with four more packs being confirmed and two more possibly coming for a total of seven including Dead Money. Unfortunately, there won't be DLC that extends the game past the ending but with that many expansion packs and all the variables in the New Vegas storyline, plus a higher cap added by Dead Money, it's not the end of the world.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby el badman on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:15 am

I finally decided to continue my 2nd playthrough as a bad karma guy after weeks of not playing it, so I just killed Mr House in his pod, and I'm pretending to help Caesar's Legion before trying to control all the securitrons through Yes Man (or at least I'm assuming it's gonna happen that way). I'll probably pick up that DLC before it gets to that point though.
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:10 am

I've actually started a third playthrough as my second character which was supposed to be evil has actually turned out to be neutral, mostly because I wanted to keep Cass around. I've maxed out that character so I've put that playthrough aside until Dead Money comes out; I'm taking the Legion route with the third character and also giving Hardcore mode a shot. It's certainly more difficult but having played through the game a couple of times already it's probably not quite as tough as it would've been had I tried it straight away.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:50 am

Finished a playthrough siding with the Legion and on Hardcore Mode from start to finish, to get the achievement. As I said before, I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone starting out but once you've got an idea where everything is and have played through most of the quests a couple of times, it's certainly a fun challenge. I'll be going back to my other character and giving Dead Money a look in the near future.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:20 am

Reloading from a late game save point, I finally completed Mr House's ending and am currently giving Dead Money a go. I have to say it's pretty hard, almost unfairly so, even though I was at Level 30 when I started it and am now at Level 31. It's interesting though, I'm definitely looking forward to all the future add-ons.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:50 pm

phpBB [video]
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic