Andrew's Chicago Bulls Dynasty (NBA Live 2004)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby TheBigEasy on Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:25 am

Andrew wrote:I know, that's his lowest total since the game he was injured in the first quarter. Ignoring that game, I can't remember the last time he failed to get a double double. :wink:

KG seems to be what Baron Davis is in my dynasty. BD had 5 triple-doubles in 6 games in early january. But his sickest game was vs. the Sixers on january 30. 60 points, 6 rebounds, 14 steals and 11 assists. He is number 3 in the running for MVP. I hope i can bring him up to no 1, so he gets the award.

But how do you manage to get that much rebounds for KG? I mean 34 in one game? How did that happen. The highest Jamal Magloire got in my dynasty was 22 in a game and he rarely gets more than 14, while his average is slightly above 10. But he has a streak of 11 consecutive games now with a double-double.

TBE
TheBigEasy

Postby Ruff Ryder on Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:23 am

TheBigEasy wrote:KG seems to be what Baron Davis is in my dynasty. BD had 5 triple-doubles in 6 games in early january. But his sickest game was vs. the Sixers on january 30. 60 points, 6 rebounds, 14 steals and 11 assists. He is number 3 in the running for MVP. I hope i can bring him up to no 1, so he gets the award.

Were you using default sliders?

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Mark. on Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:55 am

Congratulations Andrew!! Your onot your 5th page, this must be the most popular Dynasty thread ive seen in a while.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:38 pm

TheBigEasy wrote:But how do you manage to get that much rebounds for KG? I mean 34 in one game? How did that happen. The highest Jamal Magloire got in my dynasty was 22 in a game and he rarely gets more than 14, while his average is slightly above 10. But he has a streak of 11 consecutive games now with a double-double.

I often control KG on defense, and generally switch to him when I put up a long range shot so that I can battle for the offensive rebound. It also helps if neither team is shooting very well. :wink:

Chicago 111, Milwaukee 97

This game featured some of the worst aspects of the ComeBack Code:
  • A missed free throw, despite the fact both bars were in the middle of the "made" square
  • A rushed three pointer from 40 feet swishes, despite heavy pressure
  • Missed dunks and layups resulting in numerous fast breaks
  • The CPU shooting 58.6% as a team in the fourth
  • A 28 point lead cut to 9 before I managed to extend it to double figures again

For some reason, Milwaukee always seems to outplay me at the beginning of the game, and this contest was no exception. I took the lead in the second and built a 28 point lead by the end of the third, but the fourth quarter wasn't all that enjoyable due to the reasons mentioned above. Nevertheless, I evened the season series and picked up win number 54 for the season.

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 37 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 blocks
Kirk Hinrich: 19 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals
Jamal Crawford: 14 points, 5 steals
Scottie Pippen: 11 points, 4 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals
Kendall Gill: 11 points
Tyson Chandler: 10 points, 9 rebounds

Michael Redd: 21 points, 5 assists
TJ Ford: 19 points, 5 rebounds, 11 assists
Desmond Mason: 15 points, 5 rebounds
Tim Thomas: 15 points, 3 assists
Erick Strickland: 11 points (5/7 FG)
Joe Smith: 8 points, 10 rebounds
Dan Gadzuric: 6 points, 8 rebounds, 6 blocks

Current Record: 54-18 (Clinched Division; only 10 games left!)
Next Opponent: Atlanta (36-36; Season series tied 1-1)

Milwaukee and Washington have officially been eliminated from playoff contention.

East Playoff Picture

1. Chicago (54-18)
8. Atlanta (36-36)

4. Indiana (43-29)
5. Orlando (41-33)

3. New Orleans (44-29)
6. New York (40-33)

2. New Jersey (40-31)
7. Philadelphia (39-34)

Detroit is 1.5 games behind Atlanta for the 8th spot in the East. If anyone is going to break into the top eight in the East, it will be the Pistons.

West Playoff picture

1. Dallas (49-23)
8. Minnesota (34-39)

4. San Antonio (39-33)
5. LA Clippers (39-34)

3. LA Lakers (45-21)
6. Memphis (37-36)

2. Sacramento (45-27)
7. Denver (37-37)

Golden State is right behind Minnesota for the 8th spot in the West. It looks as though the Wolves and Warriors will battle it out for the final place, with the rest of the West safely out of range. The nearest is 9th placed Houston, who are 3 games behind with 11 games left in their schedule. Minnesota and Golden State have more favourable schedules, so Houston will likely be officially eliminated in a few games time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:35 pm

Chicago 99, Atlanta 69

The game was close up until the end of the first quarter. After I took a commanding lead in the second, the Hawks never even threatened to make a serious run. Everyone on the roster got into the game and scored at least two points. I play the Hawks once more in the regular season, and possibly in the first round of the playoffs, so a performance such as this one is encouraging.

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 27 points, 19 rebounds (8 offensive), 7 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals
Scottie Pippen: 16 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists
Donyell Marshall: 14 points (12 in the second quarter)
Jamal Crawford: 11 points
Kirk Hinrich: 10 points, 5 assists
Eddy curry: 5 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks

Shareef Abur-Rahim: 18 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists
Jason Terry: 16 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assists
Lee Nailon: 12 points, 4 rebounds
Theo Ratliff: 4 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks
Nazr Mohammed: 2 points, 10 rebounds

Record: 55-18 (9 games left!)
Next Opponent: Miami Heat (29-44; Season Series 2-0 Chicago)

Around the League:
  • Dallas have clinched the Midwest Division, and have become the second team to reach 50 wins this season.
  • Washington and Milwaukee remain the only teams officially eliminated from playoff contention, though Miami, Portland and Phoenix should be eliminated in the next couple of games.
  • The East & West Playoff brackets will likely remain the same. Detroit may be able to squeeze past Atlanta in the East, but Minnesota is now a game behind Golden State for the 8th seed in the West.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:20 pm

Chicago 100, Miami 67

The Heat took the lead only once; 6-5 early in the first quarter. From there on it was all Chicago, with KG and Hinrich leading the way. I don't really have much to say about the game except that it featured great all around performances by my key players. Pippen has been playing much better as of late, and while Hinrich isn't shooting a great percentage from the field he is still knocking down a few more shots.

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 30 points, 22 rebounds (10 offensive), 11 assists, 3 blocks
Kirk Hinrich: 23 points, 3 rebounds, 9 assists
Scottie Pippen: 16 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists
Jamal Crawford: 14 points, 4 assists
Eddy Curry: 4 points, 10 rebounds
Tyson Chandler: 2 points, 8 rebounds

Caron Butler: 17 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists
Dwyane Wade: 17 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists
Lamar Odom: 15 points, 8 rebounds
Eddie Jones: 10 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks
Brian Grant: 4 points, 6 rebounds

Record: 56-18
Next Opponent: Orlando Magic (41-34; Season Series 2-0 Chicago)

The Lakers have taken the lead in the Pacific, thus jumping ahead of Sacramento for the second seed in the West. Minnesota has fallen further behind Golden State, so it seems the Warriors will be able to hold on to the 8th spot. It also appears as though Atlanta will be able to stay ahead of Detroit for the final seed in the East.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:08 pm

Chicago 109, Orlando 99

After a couple of easy wins against Orlando earlier this season, I was surprised to see them so competitive. They took the lead in the first quarter and continued to build on it up until halftime, at which point they led 48-35. The usual strategy of aggressive double teams wasn't working, as T-Mac simply found his way to the basket. I managed to catch up in the third though, outscoring them 33-20 to tie the game at 68 heading into the fourth. The fourth quarter was a battle between KG and T-Mac, with the score remaining close until the final two minutes when I finally managed to pull ahead and hold the Magic off for a 109-99 victory.

Top Performers:[/b]

Kevin Garnett (POG): 52 points, 22 rebounds (9 offensive), 8 assists, 2 blocks
Kirk Hinrich: 17 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals
Scottie Pippen: 12 points, 4 rebounds, 7 assists
Eddy Curry: 9 points, 7 rebounds
Jamal Crawford: 8 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals

Tracy McGrady: 49 points, 7 assists
Grant Hill: 16 points, 4 rebounds
Shammond Williams: 14 points, 7 assists
Drew Gooden: 4 points, 5 rebounds
Steven Hunter: 4 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks

Record: 57-18 (7 games left! 7 games left! :wink:)
Next Opponent: LA Clippers (40-36; Season Series 1-0 Chicago)

[u]March Award Winners:

East Player of the Month:{/b] Paul Pierce (28.2 ppg, 4.6 apg, 9.4 rpg, 0.9 bpg, 2.2 spg)
[b]West Player of the Month:
Tim Duncan (26.3 ppg, 3.3 apg, 11.4 rpg, 2.2 bpg, 0.8 spg)
East Rookie of the Month: TJ Ford (15.3 ppg, 5.1 apg, 3.0 rpg, 0.5 bpg, 1.5 spg)
West Rookie of the Month: Chris Kaman (12.2 ppg, 1.7 apg, 6.9 rpg, 1.1 bpg, 0.7 spg)

I'm pretty disappointed about Pierce getting East Player of the Month. KG's stats have been awesome throughout the month of March, with several triple doubles, 20-20 games and amazing performances. I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't get MVP. KG's numbers have to be better than Pierce's, and we went 15-1. Ugh. Award selection in Dynasty Mode definitely needs improvement. (N)

Around the League:
  • Sacramento have regained the lead in the Pacific. The Mavericks, Kings, Lakers and Clippers have all clinched playoff berths.
  • Indiana is the only team other than Chicago to have clinched a playoff berth in the East.
  • Five teams have been officially eliminated from playoff contention: Milwaukee, Washington, Miami, Phoenix and Boston.
  • Detroit is now tied with Atlanta for the 8th spot. The Pistons have the advantage in the tie-breaker.
  • Minnesota is now 4 games behind Golden State. It's probably safe to assume they're out of the playoff race.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ruff Ryder on Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:34 am

KG with a 50-20 game. First time ever in the NBA maybe? Well since NBA Live is concerned.

T-Mac also lit you up with 49. Did you ever have KG guarding T-Mac throughout the game?

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:08 pm

First time I've done it in NBA Live. I'm sure Wilt had 50-20 games during the 1961/62 season though.

I considered putting KG on T-Mac, but never did. I managed to do a pretty good job of defending him during the first three quarters, but he exploded in the fourth. Double-teaming him wasn't as effective as it had been in the two previous matchups.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Vins15 on Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:13 pm

Andrew when's teh next game against Raps?i wanna see another defeat :D jk... btw some good reads (Y)
Vins15

Postby alleniverson3 on Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:29 am

Andrew, my favorite guy here in NLSC. Why? Even if you're getting beat up verbally by other guys, you just simply ignore them. And you see to it that you answer every question by other blokes right. You're simply not boastful i guess. Not like those f***ers from other games forums. (Or in any kind of forum for that matter.)
Anyways, I never knew you have a Dynasty Thread, man. So far so good, eh? I just have one simple question for you. Did you ever enter the training camp before the start, and during a course of a season? Well, you're gonna enter it no matter what before the start of the season but you can cancel it anyway, right? Making it a non factor.
I'm asking you this because i see that you wanted your game to be as realistic as possible. If you ever used the Training Camp, isn't that a simple way of inadvertently altering the true stats that your players/roster really has?
As for me, i never entered the Training Camp and use it even from the start. You know, to make things more difficult, to make things a bit more challenging.
GOOD LUCK TO YOUR DYNASTY, Mr. Nice guy. :wink:
alleniverson3

Postby Ruff Ryder on Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:25 pm

I'm just curious, Andrew, how many dynasty tokens have you saved up.....?

'Retired'

Ruff Ryder

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:08 pm

alleniverson3 wrote:Andrew, my favorite guy here in NLSC. Why? Even if you're getting beat up verbally by other guys, you just simply ignore them. And you see to it that you answer every question by other blokes right. You're simply not boastful i guess. Not like those f***ers from other games forums. (Or in any kind of forum for that matter.)

Thanks for the kind praise. :) It is a little easier to deal with people flaming you when you're an administrator, though. They're breaking forum rules, so it's your duty to respond with a warning about flames. And it would be poor form for me to be rude to people who ask questions. It's my job to give help wherever I can, and I enjoy doing it. Just part of the job. :wink:

Anyways, I never knew you have a Dynasty Thread, man. So far so good, eh? I just have one simple question for you. Did you ever enter the training camp before the start, and during a course of a season? Well, you're gonna enter it no matter what before the start of the season but you can cancel it anyway, right? Making it a non factor.

I believe I might have simulated or skipped it. There's generally little chance of seeing much improvement, while there's a big chance players will decline. I did however train Kirk Hinrich during the season, and managed to raise his FG rating by 1.

I'm asking you this because i see that you wanted your game to be as realistic as possible. If you ever used the Training Camp, isn't that a simple way of inadvertently altering the true stats that your players/roster really has?

I personally don't feel it's too unrealistic. It gives you a little more control over player development, and is a step towards granting our wish of being able to "ask" a player to work on a certain part of his game in the offseason. Although I'm hoping for improvements to this part of Dynasty Mode in future NBA Lives, I'm happy with the direction it's moving in.

GOOD LUCK TO YOUR DYNASTY, Mr. Nice guy. :wink:

Thanks, much appreciated. I'm glad you've enjoy the thread. :)

ruffryder8 wrote:I'm just curious, Andrew, how many dynasty tokens have you saved up.....?

Do you mean Dynasty Points? If so, about 19500 I think.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby J@3 on Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:58 pm

This is my favourite dynasty, no offense to anyone else also writing a dynasty. You should update it more often Andrew, and try losing every now and then. Also, trade Garnett for Wang Zhi-Zhi... just for no apparent reason.
J@3

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:10 pm

Thanks Jae. (Y) Chances are I'll lose KG to free agency this offseason, so things might be more interesting with losses next season. Oh, and the playoffs are coming up soon, so there might be a couple of tough losses there. :wink:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby J@3 on Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:41 pm

The free agency is messed up in Live 2004, you can sign virtually anyone on the minimum
J@3

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:54 pm

Sometimes it works as it should - I'm hoping that will be the case.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StevenK on Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:33 pm

Andrew wrote:Thanks Jae. (Y) Chances are I'll lose KG to free agency this offseason, so things might be more interesting with losses next season. Oh, and the playoffs are coming up soon, so there might be a couple of tough losses there. :wink:

How could you lose KG to FA? Rarely do any of my star players refuse to sign in the offseason when I'm comming off a good season.
StevenK

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:43 pm

Sometimes it happens. That's why I was hoping to acquire some lottery picks in exchage for Eddie Robinson and Jay Williams, just in case I lost KG to free agency and Pippen to retirement.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Macca on Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:44 am

Hey Andrew, got any other big name fowards in mind to replace Garnett, even though it will be tough with the numbers he's posting. Maybe J.O'Neal through a trade, or devolop someone younger, e.g, Bosh??

Macca
Macca

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:01 pm

If I can't retain KG, I might look at other free agents such as Iverson and Kobe if they're available. I might go back to a guard orientated offense.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mark. on Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:16 pm

I'm really looking foward to some more recaps Andrew. Its this Dynasty that has inspired em to do my own 82 game season, with Boston :D

Great Work i cant wait for the Playoffs, man! i almost follow this as mush as the real NBA teams. :lol:
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:07 pm

Thanks man, I'm glad to know it's worth posting the recaps! :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Chicago 99, Los Angeles Clippers 77

The Clippers were without Elton Brand, which made it much easier for me to score inside. Although Pip was the most effective player on offense in the first half, KG began racking up the points after Pip went back to being a distributor in the second. The Clippers never came closer than an 11 point deficit, having trailed by double digits since late in the first quarter. Another impressive and encouraging performance as the playoffs draw nearer.

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 28 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal
Scottie Pippen: 20 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal
Jamal Crawford: 14 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals
Kirk Hinrich: 14 points, 6 assists
Eddy Curry: 12 points, 9 rebounds
Donyell Marshall: 5 points, 8 rebounds

Corey Maggette: 22 points, 5 rebounds
Marko Jaric: 16 points, 7 rebounds, 9 assists
Quentin Richardson: 10 points
Eddie House: 10 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists
Chris Kaman: 8 points, 6 rebounds
Chris Wilcox: 6 points, 6 rebounds

Record: 58-18
Next Opponent: Miami Heat (29-47; Season Series 3-0 Chicago)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Boyk on Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:38 pm

you consdiering resting KG for the last couple of games???
incase he gets injured or anything??
Thanks to TEH G.O.A.T for Sig
Formerly known as Laddas
Watch out for Kobe,Melo n the Lakers!
Boyk

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame