Change the Quarter Length in Jordan Challenge

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K11.

Change the Quarter Length in Jordan Challenge

Postby cerebus23 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:01 am

PC only of course.

Grab your favorite memory editor, tsearch or cheatengine.

Run sk11, open nba2k11.exe with your memory hacker.

Add address manually 0551F798, that will show your quarter length for all game modes i have tested sofar, which isnt much but did try franchise and jordan mode, address seems static lest the 2 times i restarted the game the address did not change.

When you go into jordan mode that address should show 8 for it's value change it to 12 11 or whatever you wish. You can lock the value once you have it set and play away.

If for some reason that address is not the right one easy way to search for it. Go into any mode you can select quarter lengths, start search with the initial value, change the value search for the new value and repeat until you have one address, takes about 3 to 4 scans.

have fun.
cerebus23

Re: How to get 12 min or w/e quaters in jordan mode

Postby fjccommish on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:50 am

Already the PC version is better.
fjccommish

Postby Hedonist on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:54 am

:bowdown: (Y)

thanks!
Red rim is not sim!
Hedonist

Postby cerebus23 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:58 am

Your welcome :)
cerebus23

Re: [Tutorial] How to get 12 min quarters in Jordan mode

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:26 am

updated the title and stickied
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ts10 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:56 am

what about slider addresses?3pt for example?
ts10

Postby cerebus23 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:10 am

Thanks jao hope this helps people.

not tried hacking sliders yet since i am messing with jordan mode and cfg tweaks. if i get around to myplayer i will try to sniff them out.
cerebus23

Postby ts10 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:21 am

if you could take only quick look for 3pt slider,please. :)
ts10

Postby cerebus23 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:55 am

like last year you can force lod 3s in the cfg file,

VIDEOSETTING_PLAYERLOD = 3
VIDEOSETTING_STADIUMLOD = 3
stadium seems to make a big difference looks wise since at 1 it is pretty washed out and bleh looking cranking it up to lod 3 and looks 100% better. player the difference is minor but there is a difference. but of course forcing it to use the higher lod (level of detail) will cause your pc to struggle less you got something really beefy.

higher shader detail seems to give more shadows in the stadiums, need to play around with that a bit more to see but set to 1 the lighting seemed overbright at 3 the seats around court were in the shadows.

the config.cfg must be set to read only in attributes after editing or the game will overwrite it and reset any changes.

far as the 3 point thing goes i will see if i can find my way to it, but them again what slider are we talking? is for a specific player? or the game settings? or myplayer etc, remember trying to find values for myplayer last year and took me a long time to narrow down the results and find the correct values.
cerebus23

Postby ts10 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:01 am

my player values:Omaybe is there a way to edit default sliders?i mean like you edit them and they still stay as default not to change as custom sliders,so this way you could lay them in my player.
ts10

Postby cerebus23 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:17 am

hmm i will take a look see if i can find something.

ok here goes way to change skills in my player. the values are 4 byte, when you make your player you get like 10000 pts to spend and you can add or subtract them, scan the starting value add a point or two scan for the new value, decrease the stat and then scan again should come up with the value for the skill you want to cheat. when it is down to 1 value change that check the game if it is changed then bingo.

the value for myplayer 3 point showed up at address 170C8A00 for me you can try that one and let us know if it works if not it is a simple process to spend some pts at creation or save up some as you go along to do the above method. to change any values you like.

conversely and probably easier is just search your total skill points value, took me like 2 scans with the starting points to find it, which was address 05F2391C for me.
cerebus23

Postby madmax17 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Is that the slider 3-point? I would really like the slider, the 3 point on sim is kinda messed up, would like to bring it back to 50 in my player.

Also what I would like to do is change the default simulation slider set, if possible, so the 3 point is always on 50.
madmax17

Postby cerebus23 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:21 pm

You could try the above method for the actual gameplay sliders, it might work if you you went into the gameplay menu and searched the value of the slider changed it a few times and see if you coud narrow it down, if you can then go out of the menu see if that value persists, then go into myplayer and see what the value is in that mode.

i am not playing myplayer at all :)
cerebus23

Postby PeoplesChamp on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:18 am

For those who'd like to turn Fatigue off in the Jordan mode, here's the address:

0551F6AC
PeoplesChamp

Postby hlhbk on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:43 am

If you use a mem editor in 2k11 is it possible to be banned on Steam?
hlhbk

Postby JaoSming on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:25 am

not from steam, but if you make your my player a 99 overall 2k may ban your PC account (you could make another one though)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby hlhbk on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:32 am

If you don't make your player 99 and only change your minutes for the jordan mode would they ban you for that?
hlhbk

Postby JaoSming on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:35 am

no
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby hlhbk on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:05 am

And we are 100% sure Steam doesn't check for memory editors when games are running?
hlhbk

Postby cerebus23 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:23 am

doubtful unless your hacking multiplayer, many steam games are moddable, myplayer is single player so is jordan mode no reason for them to be checking.
cerebus23

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:27 am

As long as your modded My Player is used for offline play you'll be fine. When your try to play online though...
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Shawn15oth on Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:47 am

cerebus23 ,
thank you :applaud:
Shawn15oth

Postby hlhbk on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:16 am

cerebus23 wrote:PC only of course.

Grab your favorite memory editor, tsearch or cheatengine.

Run sk11, open nba2k11.exe with your memory hacker.

Add address manually 0551F798, that will show your quarter length for all game modes i have tested sofar, which isnt much but did try franchise and jordan mode, address seems static lest the 2 times i restarted the game the address did not change.

When you go into jordan mode that address should show 8 for it's value change it to 12 11 or whatever you wish. You can lock the value once you have it set and play away.

If for some reason that address is not the right one easy way to search for it. Go into any mode you can select quarter lengths, start search with the initial value, change the value search for the new value and repeat until you have one address, takes about 3 to 4 scans.

have fun.

I am lost. I downloaded both programs and can't figure this out. Can you post screenshots or more detailed steps please? I added 0551F798 manually in cheat engine but when I hit search it asks me to enter a value. I enter that 055 address, and that doesn't work. I enter 8 and a bunch of stuff comes up.
hlhbk

Postby Hedonist on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:20 am

You have to apply it to nba2k11.exe

you need to the game to be running at the time, in MJ Challenge mode actually. Then open tsearch and search in nba2k11.exe. Hope that clears it up.
Red rim is not sim!
Hedonist

Postby cerebus23 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:06 am

the newest version of cheatengine actually has a decent tutorial included with it, which gives you the basics of finding values and adding cheats yourself. i think more people should actually check it out and follow the instructions step by step. :)

but yes the game must be running nba 2k11 that is, and cheatengine must be running (or tsearch) then you select the nba2k11.exe then add the address manually cheatengine has a little button on the right hand side about mid way down says "add address manually" there you plug in the address, after you do you should see whatever you have the quarter lengths defaulted to in the game options.

If you search 8 which jordan challenge is fixed at you will never be able to find the value cause you cannot change that number. but if you went into the options/my nba settings/gameplay setting in the general menu and looked at the quarter length setting which you can see plain as day and change right there you can find that address in 3 or 4 scans.

so say we are at the menu and the default quarter minutes is 10 (which i think the game is defaulted to initially), now we tab out goto ce (cheatengine) and do a first scan looking for an "exact value", and a "4 byte" value type, your first scan will likely turn out a couple hundred thousand addresses.

But once that is done one of those addresses is the value we are looking for. So now we narrow it down, we tab back into nba 2k11 and change the quarter length setting to say 8 from 10, now we tab back out and go back to ce and and add 8 as the new value to search for and click on "next scan" now we have maybe a few thousand addresses.

Now we go back into the game and change the quarter length again to something else and then do another next scan in ce for that value. And now we have a few 100 addresses.

This is the basics of finding set values in games that you can alter and search for easily. It is not that hard once you get the hang of it.

But for our purposes the game stores the quarter length setting in one specific memory address. When you are in all modes that default quarter length setting is loaded in memory. Now if we entered into jordan challenge and started a game that quarter length setting would be automatically switched to 8.

So if you were to tab out and look at that address while in jordan mode we could see that it went from 10 to 8 after we started a game. So if we take that initial address we found and set it to 12 and then went into ce and clicked the checkbox next to the address that says "frozen" now we have locked that memory address and next time you start a jordan challenge game the game will be unable to rewrite that memory address and we will see that when we go into that next game the game takes the value we have locked in ce.

I can probably scare up some screens but you got the thing on your monitor in front of you and the interface is not that complex :) If you lock ce on the 2k11.exe and add that address i listed manually you should immediately get the proper address for quarter length.

Hope this clears some things up.
cerebus23

Next

Return to NBA 2K11 Tutorials & FAQs