[Kova] 2011 Rosters RELEASED! (17.08.2010)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K10 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Where do you want Michael Jordan in my next roster update?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:15 am

1) In 90s East All-Stars (ratings at 99)
92%
2) In free agency (aged 46, low ratings)
8%

Total votes : 26

Re: [Kova] Free Agency Rosters RELEASED!

Postby jawe18 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:06 pm

hey kova, i used ur roster since u started patching in this forum. but i notice Desmand Mason has no cf.. do u have png no. of desmand mason.
jawe18

Postby Behindshadows on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:10 pm

domidomdomz wrote:
you mean the Portrait_CF_ID? Please correct if I'm wrong.

I believe that is what I'm talking about, I could be wrong....but just opening the roster in the editor...so many people had wrong CF ID's attached to them and were still at 1..

I correct a lot of them, then went back in game and they were correct.
Live Life Don't Let Life Live You!
Behindshadows

Postby domidomdomz on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:26 pm

Behindshadows wrote:
domidomdomz wrote:
you mean the Portrait_CF_ID? Please correct if I'm wrong.

I believe that is what I'm talking about, I could be wrong....but just opening the roster in the editor...so many people had wrong CF ID's attached to them and were still at 1..

I correct a lot of them, then went back in game and they were correct.

I see. Yeah, I noticed them too. But they are -1 as far as I remember. Are you sure that is the fix for that because I'm also planning on starting an Association using Kova's Roster.

NBA 2K10 PC and XFire Username: domidomdomz
2KSports Gamertag Profile Page

Don’t you love the chase? Sometimes it doesn’t work out; those are the stakes. But when it does work out, it’s like having that first cigarette: your head gets all dizzy, your heart pounds, your knees go weak. Remember that?
domidomdomz

Postby sambarca on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Behindshadows wrote:
sambarca wrote:
Kova19 wrote:
Dual wrote:OMG IT CRASH ON MARCH!!!!!! i cant use kova rosters anymore i guess. Grizzlies and Lakers crash first of march!!! I cant believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you simulate through it or play a game on 1st march? When you are in 'NBA headlines' switch to some other team on calendar, and then try to simulate past 1st March..

For me it doesnt work!It is crashing continously!Im with Grizzlies and like i said it before, enf of first week in march is crashing!
I"ve tried to simulate and played as well And Rodman has a strange CF in the game in 90 east:)
Kova, do you have any other proposition against crashing?

The crashes are from adding too many PNG's and not properly applying them to the player models...some models are still set at 1,2, and so on...and should be at 0, once the PNG's are added in.

Try the editor and take some time to fix the issues...So far I've fixed 11 to 14 players and I know there's more. Good thing I saved all the rar PNG's I've downloaded. I re-installed the game and started from scratch....
Im not clearly understanding this!What does it mean "some models are still set at 1,2, and so on...and should be at 0, once the PNG's are added in.", what kind of models, or what? :mrgreen:
I've fixed 11 to 14 players and I know there's more
Which are these players?
I"ve opened roster in editor but i dont know what i should searching for.....There is 2 column some id and some id 2!
And for some players are 0 in the column of SOMEID!Is this the problem?
Sorry im a lil bit noob for this
sambarca

Postby T-Time3 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:54 pm

kova, the roster's link in mediafire is not working..
:cry: :cry:
can somebody please re upload it ?
thx be4..
:bowdown:
T-Time3
Always Showtime...

Postby tashoastaire on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:00 pm

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jftsac <-- reuploaded by Oninsak
tashoastaire

Postby sambarca on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Gallon Tiny
Williams Latavious
Johnson Armon
In CF IDS column for these players the value is -1!So is this the problem?
And for some players the Port_CF_ID number is not th same as SOME_Id's number!
So what should i fix it?
sambarca

Postby gOry on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:27 pm

sambarca wrote:Gallon Tiny
Williams Latavious
Johnson Armon
In CF IDS column for these players the value is -1!So is this the problem?
And for some players the Port_CF_ID number is not th same as SOME_Id's number!
So what should i fix it?

just a suggestion..if they have their own cf,change the gen.face to 0,..but if they hasn't,change the gen.face to 1..and some id's should be same with port.cf/id..that's what I usually do..
gOry

Postby Onisak on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:51 pm

Hey, just to let you all know... I have used Grizzlies and have made a trade, and then i simulated trough season and my game didn't crash :). Strange isn't it, that for some people it crashes, for some it doesn't...
Onisak

Postby gOry on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:11 pm

yes,this strange..I've never had a problem as they had.. :?
gOry

Postby Kova19 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:46 pm

Wow, this is getting out of control.. Some people have constant problems with CFs, for some (including me) everything works fine.. The crashes are not about pngs, because the ones that have -1, don't have their CF. It's simple as that.. I don't know what the reason for crashes could be.. Obviously something is wrong with Memphis team.. Does anyone have problem with any other team?

I released so many rosters and updates for 2k10 so far, I can't even remember how many.. Everytime in order to improve it, I have to include some more CFs, and with every version of Mr.Xcitement's portraits (5!!), I have to change pngs of some players..

This is really getting out of control, and everytime there's more and more people who have trouble because they haven't done something properly.. Just to let you know, in 3 days, I have over 1200 downloads for this roster.. I had releases with over 2500 downloads.. Thats a lot of people if you ask me..
Now its just hard when every time more and more people have some new problems.. There are just too many files now, and it's too complicated for everyone..
I will release one last update on this roster in a about a week or so, and this will be my last roster update for NBA 2k10.. Not like something big will happen between now and begging of the season anyway.. Except some minor FA signings and some trades..

Cheers..
Kova19

Postby flam1ng n1nja11 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:49 pm

agree with yu man.. people dont read more then 2 posts back... ha
flam1ng n1nja11
FN11

Postby Onisak on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:54 pm

I reccomend for people, that have the crash problems, that they reinstall nba2k10 and then they do all the steps the way they are supposed to be done... Maybe it won't crash anymore...

Kova its normal, that some people have problems :). If you look at it that way eaven when a game is released, there are ussually alot of problems, so I have to say you did really good work on this roster and all files that come with it... I am looking forward for your last nba2k10 roster patch :).
Onisak

Postby ICX on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:02 pm

do i have to download missing portraits v4 too or just v5 now?
ICX

Postby Dual on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:06 pm

i'm kova's fan, your rosters and updates makes the game much better m8.
Memphis crash it has been a nightmare to me, but to be honest i dont think is a cf thing, as it happends simulating, so the cfs are not on when it happends, maybe is a corrupted file or whatever. I'll do a fresh install and write the results here.
I hope you'll keep making rosters in nba2k11, it will be great to enjoy your work as we do in nba2k10.
<3 Kova :D
Dual

Postby Behindshadows on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:17 pm

Kova I had it crash in the beginning, re-installed the game, edited a few files in the rosters and I'm good for now, maybe people shouldn't sim, just play lol...

Either way, I'm good so far and all your work is really appreciated.
Last edited by Behindshadows on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Life Don't Let Life Live You!
Behindshadows

Postby Dual on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:28 pm

i do everything behindshadows, play every game, train every player, follow the draft prospects, make the substitutions ingame, etc etc etc its what i love of the association, you have total control muahahhahaha :D .
But as you know, you have to sim in calendar so you can keep playing your games.
I'm glad that it work for you now m8.
Greetings.
Last edited by Dual on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dual

Postby sambarca on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:32 pm

Kova everybody appreciate your work!I believe that its a hard work!I do exactly everything like you wrote at the first page!And all the CF, rosters are great!Arroyo CF is good there arent white arms without head players and so on!Just Cunningham, Seraphin and Rodman are not working!Maybe a reinstall resolve ASS problem with Grizzlies!I installed court patch and shoes patch and so on for the game, perhaps it occurs the problem!But until then everything worked fine!And for me its strange that CF ID's and Some ID's numbers are different for some players!Does it matter?I dont know the logical structure for rosters, thats why im asking a lot!I will reinstall the game but please tell me that shoul i fix the difference between CF and Some Id's number!
Thank you for advance
sambarca

Postby sambarca on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Behindshadows wrote:Kova I had it crash in the beginning, re-installed the game, edited a few files in the rosters and I'm good for now, maybe people should sim, just play lol...

Either way, I'm good so far and all your work is really appreciated.

What did you edit?
You asid 11of 14 players are fixed, which ones?
What did you fix in editor?
sambarca

Postby nowinskit on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:38 pm

i try simulate association with bulls and for me crashes too. i try anothers 2 team and them crashed too.
nowinskit

Postby sambarca on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:46 pm

nowinskit wrote:i try simulate association with bulls and for me crashes too. i try anothers 2 team and them crashed too.
At the end of the first week in March?NBA 2k10 like evrybody know is a *************** :lol:
sambarca

Postby ICX on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:49 pm

ICX wrote:do i have to download missing portraits v4 too or just v5 now?

anyone?
ICX

Postby sambarca on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:50 pm

ICX wrote:
ICX wrote:do i have to download missing portraits v4 too or just v5 now?

anyone?

just V5
sambarca

Postby Kova19 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:50 pm

I'm not mad at anyone, if thats how you the post sounded.. I completely understand that there must be problems with so many people downloading rosters. But the problem is that there were too many changes during the updates, and so many files you had to download.. I tried to make it as simple as possible but couldn't do better than that.. And I don't think anyone could if you wanted to have what I made with rosters..
I had all the help from Vlad's masterpiece REDITOR and it would be impossible to do anything without it..

This job of making a perfect roster is very hard, because there you have CF makers who make CFs, you have portraits makers who make portraits, you have shoes makers who make shoes.. I make rosters, and I have to collect all the other works like portraits, Cfs and apply it to roster to synchronize everything that is offered on this forum.. And that is very hard to do.. Thats why it gets complicated after so many updates..

I'm sure I'll be working on 2k11, so I'll try to make it somewhat easier there.. ;)
Kova19

Postby Kova19 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:57 pm

@sambarca
mate I don't know how could there be problem with Cunningham, Seraphin and Rodman, because I didn't change their CFs since the 1st I updated them in previous versions.. Only Seraphin I think.. It could be if Mr.Xcitement changed their portraits, but I don't think he would do that.. Try to see if you have Cunningham CFs in your 2k10 folder.. It's made 16.3.2010. It's png1491.iff, and it hasn't changed..
Seraphin is png410, and it's definitely included in the download link. I just checked.
Kova19

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K10 Modding