NBA 2K11 E3 Impressions (OS, Game Informer)

Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

NBA 2K11 E3 Impressions (OS, Game Informer)

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Operation Sports have posted some impressions of NBA 2K11 based on the presentation at E3, which revealed that Isomotion will be done away with in this year's game. 2K Sports has yet to release information on the dribbling controls that will replace it. Check it out here.

Game Informer have also posted their first impressions of the game, mentioning the changes to controls as well as the revelation that a former TNT producer has been brought in to further enhance presentation in the game. Read more here.

Thanks to benji and Steve from Operation Sports for the heads up.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NBA 2K11 E3 Impressions (OS, Game Informer)

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:37 am

Andrew wrote:Isomotion will be done away with in this year's game. 2K Sports has yet to release information on the dribbling controls that will replace it.

I smell Mike Wang implementing something he learned from EA. I wouldn't be surprised if the dribbling controls is similar to Live 10.

Kevin Harlan welcomed everyone to the Thanksgiving throwdown

Nooo!!! :(
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby StompTheCourt on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:06 am

i love that man i want a more real feel to it, i hope the halftime show is better i would like to see people
sitting at a desk and dicussing the game and talking about highlights and if others dont like that they can have
the option to not watch, man i bet this is gonna be the best :mrgreen:
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:24 am

Playing 2K10/2K9.
LeBron James just dunked the ball.
Kevin Harlan: He's usually not a prolific scorer but he gets the job done (or something like that)

Yeah, LeBron's not a prolific scorer. If I hear another commentary like that again in 2K11...I'm going to turn off the commentators
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:16 am

I've never much cared for Isomotion so in my view, it was time for it to go and something new to be tried. However, one of the articles mentions that while no specific details on the new dribbling controls were given at the presentation, it seemed to involve the left stick so I guess that begs the question as to how it's going to be much different from Isomotion...at least in execution.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:46 pm

I wonder why 2K keeps taking ideas from Live/Elite as if their game is not destroying it in sales or ratings? Oh, and wonder why they haven't released info about the dribbling controls? Because it took them a while to see what EA was doing so they could mash up their own shitty version.

They just don't understand that having isomotion is a good idea as long as the directions and animations feel intuitive on the stick. The problem is the implementation.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:23 am

Probably to pick up a few more converts. I doubt I'm the only one who's been a bit iffy on Isomotion throughout the years.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K11