NELLIEBALL! | Finished.

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: NELLIEBALL! | Game 2 @ Kings! | Other Game 2's!

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:30 am

CHICAGO!!! :headbang:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:36 am

Yeah, one of the best things about this dynasty IMO is the new looks of many of the teams.

Game three should be up in a couple days, after I finish Bioshock 2 (I'm almost done. The game is so short) Not sure if I'm going to do the 2010-11 season with this, but if not, I'll certainly use your rookies should I start something else.
Lamrock

Postby Lamrock on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:32 am

Warriors' Anthony Randolph Is Most Improved Player
Image April 22, 2010 - Warriors big man Anthony Randolph has been named the NBA's 2009-10 Most Improved Player award. Randolph, 20, has dramatically improved his numbers. In his rookie season last year, he put up 7.9 points, 5.8 rebounds and 0.8 assists per game. This year, he is averaging 16.8 points, 11.2 rebounds and 3.7 assists. Furthermore, his Warriors went from 29 wins last season to 47 this year.

The lanky seven-footer was dubbed as a major project going into the draft, but the Warriors scooped him up with the final lottery pick in 2008, and since earning his way into the rotation, he has been sensational. Warriors fans had high hopes for the forward, nicknamed "Meal Ticket", but he has exceeded all expectations, being the league's second leading rebounder, and finishing third in field goal percentage. Randolph is playing in what would be his Junior year of college had he entered the draft, and the sky seems to be the limit for the young man.

Randolph won the award nearly unanimously, earning 117 of the 122 first place votes. Celtics guard Rajon Rondo was a distant second, earning the other five first place nods. Portland forward Carl Landry came in third. Randolph will be presented with the award trophy tomorrow night before the Warriors play game three against the Kings in their conference quarterfinals series, which is tied at a game apiece.
Lamrock

Re: NELLIEBALL! | Game 2 @ Kings! | Meal Ticket Wins MIP!

Postby |)e8* on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:37 am

Go Randolph!Lead the Warriors to the second round!
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:52 am

Well-deserved award for Anthony. (Y) Good luck Game 3!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby dare on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Anthony deserved that award he should also be in the all NBA team (Y)
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Azzdogs on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:47 pm

If only he could stay healthy and help the warriors in real life

Thanks to TheDee for the signature
Azzdogs

Postby Clutch on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:01 pm

he put up 7.9 points, 5.8 rebounds and 0.8 assists per game. This year, he is averaging 16.8 points, 11.2 rebounds and 3.7 assists. Furthermore, his Warriors went from 29 wins last season to 47 this year.

the sky seems to be the limit for the young man

Meal Ticket, i'm so proud of you! :applaud:
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby Lamrock on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Glad everyone's proud of the Meal Ticket. He's good in this dynasty. Speaking of this dynasty, I'm remembering why I retired it twice... My roster is the product of simming 95% of games and its not fun to use. Honestly, my Clippers dynasty was the most enjoyable that I've done today. Its not the people's favorite, but I just don't enjoy playing Nellieball. I couldn't even get through Game 3 of the playoffs.

Basically, shelved again. :P I'll probably pick it up one of these days and finish the postseason and maybe go through with my grand offseason plans. As for what's next from Lamrock, either nothing, a Blazers dynasty or re-create my Clippers Association, simming up to where I was and updating the rosters so that I have Blake, Trout and Gooden.

Anyway, sorry about the tease.
Lamrock

Re: NELLIEBALL! | Shelved Again (Just Not Feeling It)

Postby dare on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:29 pm

I ended mine too :P
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Valor on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:34 pm

well, hope u can pick this up again (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Clutch on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:18 pm

it's a nice spot to put things on 'park' ;)

but please do BLAZERS. you've mentioned that possibility forever because they're your favorite favorite; they are the perfect team to take to a title (or three?) and i'm sure you could spin the roster enough to make them fun to play and enjoyable to read; i would love to see Roy's development into a superstar and the rivalry/passing-of-the-torch between an aging-Kobe over the seasons
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:42 pm

Would love to see a Blazers story from you but looks like Clippers are back. Tell you the truth, I enjoyed Nellieball the most but up to you on what you do! :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Mark. on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:42 pm

Yeah Blazers would be mint (Y)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Lamrock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Yeah, Blazers are just a bit too good though, even if I play the first season without Oden and Przybilla.
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:49 pm

Sit wrote:Tell you the truth, I enjoyed Nellieball the most but up to you on what you do! :)

Me too :wink:
But the Clips are not that far behind man, keep up the good work (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Problem with Nellieball was that I spent 90% of the time on it just making recaps, and rarely played the games. With Clippers I'll do off-season and see how the first could games go. Here's hoping more than keeping it going longer than a month will make it better.
Lamrock

Postby Lamrock on Sat May 08, 2010 6:02 pm

This is a simmed dynasty now. Get pumped.
Lamrock

Postby dare on Sat May 08, 2010 6:48 pm

I told you before I like this dynasty, now I like it even more because of the sig (Y)
dare
True kings have rings

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun May 09, 2010 2:08 am

dare wrote:I told you before I like this dynasty, now I like it even more because of the sig (Y)

+1
× Watching:
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Sun May 09, 2010 9:44 am

While I have only made about a tenth as many dynasties as Thierry, I have had pretty much as many re-boots. This one especially. :P
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun May 09, 2010 2:49 pm

Lamrock wrote:While I have only made about a tenth as many dynasties as Thierry

No offense, but you didn't make 3 dynasties. (Yeah, I'm around 30) :shake:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Sun May 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Key word is about. It's several, and I'm probably #2 to you in this respect, but I'm certainly more prolific in picking up old dynasties than starting a constant slew of new ones. And this won't really be a full-fledged dynasty. Just simmed games.
Lamrock

Postby Lamrock on Thu May 27, 2010 10:43 am

Randolph Scores 32 As Warriors Advance To Conference Semis
by Jim Fayer, Oakland Tribune

April 29, 2010 - It's time to believe again. Three years ago, the Warriors stole game one, then won out at home to advance to the second round, pulling off one of the biggest upsets in playoff history, knocking off the 67-15 Dallas Mavericks... as an 8 seed. Last night's 113-105 victory, while not quite a massive upset, makes this an exciting time for Bay Area hoops fans.

Sacramento and Golden State split the first two games at Arco, with the Warriors winning the first 94-89, and the Kings taking the second 113-92. When the series shifted to the Oracle, there was an absence of "We Believe" T-Shirts, but that didn't stop the Warriors. Fresh off accepting the Most Improved Player award, forward Anthony Randolph went off for 22 points and 17 boards, while holding opposing power forward Carlos Boozer to 13 and 11 en route to a 101-92 win.

An ensemble effort yielded their now legendary 130-125 double-OT game 4 win, despite Randolph fouling out. After the Kings took game 5 with a 113-99 home victory, the "Nellieballers", ran up the scoreboard in the rollercoaster game 6. The Kings seemed to have all the momentum, winning the first quarter 35-22, but the home team got its act together, narrowing the deficit to 56-52 by the half. A barrage of triples opened up a double digit lead for the Warriors in the third, and the Kings would never come within 5 points, as they were held off 113-105.

Anthony "Meal Ticket" Randolph averaged 21.3 points and 12.5 rebounds per game in the series on 57% shooting. Stephen Jackson and Steve Nash contributed 19 and 16 points per game respectively. Rookie Tyreke Evans posed match-up problems for Nelson's Warriors, leading the team with 20.5 points per game, and outshining fellow rookie Ricky Rubio. All-stars Carlos Boozer and Kevin Martin underwhelmed with 17.5 and 14.8 points per game respectively. ESPN statistician John Hollinger listed Randolph as the #3 player in the postseason thus far behind Chris Paul and LeBron James.

The Warriors will face the winner of the "Staples Series" between the Lakers and Clippers, which is currently tied at three games apiece. When asked who he would rather face in the first round, Don Nelson said he wanted the Clippers. "I'm sorry, but you've gotta be nuts to want the Lakers. They are the defending champs! No offense to Shaq and the Clippers, but they are a far easier match-up". The Clippers recovered from a 3-1 series deficit with a narrow victories in games 5 and 6. When asked about whether the 2007 or 2010 Warriors were better, Nelson said "these guys are the best I've ever coached".
Lamrock

Re: NELLIEBALL! | Kings/Warriors Series Recap

Postby dare on Thu May 27, 2010 11:10 am

Meal Ticket is the star for your team, I hope you fight against the Lakers so your team could go fishing :)

Sorry for asking this but what seed again are you?
dare
True kings have rings

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame