NLSC Current Roster Update v3.6 Released

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

NLSC Current Roster Update v3.6 Released

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:52 pm

A new version (v3.6) of the NLSC Current Roster Update for NBA Live 07 is now available to download here (roster only version here). The rosters in the update are accurate as of February 27th 2010, see below or check out the support thread for full details.

Key features of v3.6

• 2009/2010 Season Rosters accurate as of February 27th, 2010
  • Player ratings updated for more realistic performance
  • Primacy ratings updated for better shot distribution
  • Player positions and data updated/corrected
  • Cyberfaces and portraits for missing players
  • East/West All-Stars Updated for All-Star Weekend 2010
  • Rookie/Sophomore teams Updated for All-Star Weekend 2010
  • Player Accessories Updated
  • Contract & Salary Info Updated
  • Seattle Supersonics changed to Oklahoma City Thunder
  • Logos, courts and jerseys updated for the 2009/2010 season
  • Fixed Installation Routine
  • Fixed Shoes
  • Fixed Legends Ratings
  • Coaches Updated
  • Second 90s All-Stars team added
  • Final 2008/2009 Season Rosters
  • Individual Team Jerseys for the Rookie Challenged Fixed/Updated
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Current Roster Update v3.6 Released

Postby Psychedelic™ on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:24 am

Does this already unlocked the Alternate jersey for CHA, NJN, UTAH and WAS?
Psychedelic™

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:12 am

Yes it does.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Psychedelic™ on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:33 pm

How come I can't see any of them? Does it automatically unlocks or should I do something else?
Psychedelic™

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:06 pm

Yes, they're automatically unlocked and available on the jersey select screen. Note that if you've started a Dynasty with a roster that did not have those jerseys unlocked, they will not be unlocked by the roster update; in that case, you would need to copy the teamgear.dbf file from the roster save (NLSC0910 or 0910Uninjured, it doesn't matter) to your Dynasty save folder.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Psychedelic™ on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:23 pm

No, I'm just playing the exhibition (play now) mode. I got a fresh install of your NLSC v3.6 but those jersey doesn't show up. Should my other patches affecting it from being unlocked?
Psychedelic™

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:42 pm

I shouldn't think so, unless you've replaced teamgear.dbf. I've double checked and those jerseys are definitely unlocked and available in the NBA Live 07 update.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Psychedelic™ on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:50 am

Geeez. Thanks anyway!
Psychedelic™

Postby blazekillah on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:20 am

Sir Andrew,
Why is that the rookies have no faces during the game?
Their faces are just color black with green or orange..Why is that??
blazekillah

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:38 am

As I said in the other thread, either you're using the roster only version (and are thus missing the art) or the art has not installed properly. If you have the full version, please check the .zip file for Faces Troubleshooting.txt. It will give you directions on how to locate the art and move it to the right place so that the faces show up. If you downloaded the roster only version, you will need to download the full version to get all the faces and other art.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mike9472 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Great roster as always, just wondering what programs you use to create your rosters? I looked around for a roster creating tutorial and came up empty. I'm a bit more familiar at creating rosters for Madden PC, football-freaks.com has some awesome programs that make it so easy to edit rosters or franchise files. Is there anything like that for NBA Live?
mike9472

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:27 pm

Thanks for the kind words. Basically, I do as much as I can in-game - creating players, placing them on teams, re-ordering lineups, editing player ratings - and then use DB Commander to open the dbf files and edit any data that isn't accesible from within the game. It's easy once you've got some experience with the databases; we have guides on the different fields and values in the databases as well as some step-by-step tutorials in the Wiki for common changes made through dbf editing.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JohnQ on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi Andrew,

I used this rosters for NBA Live 2007, I started playing and creating a Dynasty. I checked some salaries by the players and it aint correct. Does this really happen when you create a Dynasty or its the salary and contracts on the roster update is not updated?
JohnQ

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:17 pm

The game doesn't generate new salary data, so the issue is with the data I've used. The salaries are updated, but obviously errors and oversights do occur. If a player's salary is incorrect, it's usually due to one of these reasons:

1. The correct salary information was not available at the time the player was created or while I was updating everyone's salaries, forcing me to guess based on rumoured figures. I've then likely forgotten to check their salary again when the correct information comes along. Or in some cases, I may have overlooked them, especially when it comes to players who have been waived and signed on elsewhere for the minimum.

2. I've made a typo or left off a zero which has gone unchecked. With over 400 active players, you do lose track of these things, the same way ratings here or there get overlooked. That's why I rely on you guys to give me a heads up on these things. :)

3. Players who have signed an extension or have opt-out clauses pose problems because NBA Live does not recognise either of those things. It's possible to set a salary increase year to year, but you can't represent a player going from a rookie contract to a big extension which then features a slighter increase (or even a decrease) year to year.

For example: a player in the last year of his rookie contract might be making around $5 million, with a jump up to around $10-$11 million when the extension kicks in the following season (either evenly distributed across the duration of the contract or with a slight increase each season). However, if I set the salary increase to $5 million and the contract length to include the extension, then it's going to jump up by that amount every year of the deal for the full length of the extension, so the total value of the contract and final year's salary is going to be completely inaccurate. Likewise, changing their current salary so that it already represents the extension isn't accurate either. It's a difficult concept to juggle due to NBA Live's limitations and there's problems with both approaches, so I just have to go with the one I feel is most accurate. Similar situation with opt-out clauses.

So any errors with the salary come down to either making the best of what the game can handle, or simple oversight and typos. The former as I said is difficult to handle in a way that satisfies everyone, the latter are examples of corrections that can be easily made once they're pointed out. So, to that end, if you do come across any salary issues please let me know the players and I'll check it out. If it's a typo or oversight, then I'll be sure to fix it up. If it's an issue with an extension or opt-out clause, like I said it's trickier and I'm trying for the best compromise.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JohnQ on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:41 pm

No problem Andrew, I am doing it for my file. I can handle it man. Thank you again for the quick response! :bowdown:
JohnQ

Postby JCML on Thu May 27, 2010 1:14 pm

i was able to completely download and installed the full package but can u teach me how can i appply to dynasty mode... can u teach me step by step andrew... tnx a lot :D nice update!!! (Y) :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: (Y) :applaud: :applaud:
JCML

Postby Andrew on Thu May 27, 2010 1:18 pm

Short answer, you can't.

EDIT: That is, you can't apply it to a Dynasty game already in progress. To start a new Dynasty with the new rosters, just make sure you select "No" for the 2006 Draft option.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JCML on Thu May 27, 2010 1:31 pm

TNX FOR THE REPLY ... A LOT!!! UR D BEST!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: (Y) (Y) :applaud: :applaud:
JCML

Postby Murat on Thu May 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Thanks Andrew! For the roster update!
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu May 27, 2010 11:19 pm

You're welcome. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast