First NBA live since a Loooot of time

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

First NBA live since a Loooot of time

Postby kallaghan on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:15 pm

Hi everybody,
I am a "rookie" in the forum as well as a real newby with NBA live
I have bought the game 3 weeks ago and I am enjoying it, however, they sold me the game without the manual and now I am on the other side of the world :(
After moving from Pro to All Star difficulty level, I am losing most of my games so I would like to ask you some "silly" question, hope you can help me

- Not having a manual I am struggling calling offensive plays and having them executed. What means the red or grey spots, etc.... could you help me?
- Struggling making point moving with my center/pf from post. Any advices? am i using correctly the pad?
- Freestyle pass is really effective ?
- A very stupid one: in the dynasty mode i choose 12 minute quarter and I am always playing 8... Now i can't remember/find where are the time options....
- Finally,I don't have any internet connection for my PS3 (a very slow connection and only at the office), i did manually roster changes. Is it possible to download on a usb stick the data to update the game and then share it with the PS3? if yes from which site? I am lost in the EA one

Thank you very much for you help

I like the game however I would say that game options could me more various and user friendly
kallaghan

Re: First NBA live since a Loooot of time

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:10 am

I hate All Star difficulty. Notice the second half you will miss a lot of shots and turn the ball over compared to the cpu.

Red spot means you go there with the ball handler to stat the play.
Gray/black spot means you should wait for a screen to be set on your defender, then move to the gray spot. You may have a shot opportunity when you get there, but the play may also continue from that spot even if you don't shoot.

Freestyle passing is effective if you know how to use it. You can turn the ball over if you aren't careful.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:10 am

The quarter length options should be under Dynasty Settings, if I recall correctly.

As for the rosters, I think you should be able to transfer them across using a USB stick if you can find them somewhere online, but you probably need an active NBA Live 365 subscription to load and use them.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby kallaghan on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi everybody
thank you for the answers

I start to work on the offensive play and I am enjoying more playing at all star level. The playbook is so huge that will be hard to select the right calls to use. I don't have an extensive knowledge on basketball strategy.

In Dynasty settings, at the beginning, I choose 12 minutes simulation but at the end my quarter last always 8 minutie :?: So really I don't know

It's my first live since 97 and I have to admit that i really enjoying it.

Currently I am playing a dinasty with the "Bullets" and Arena + Howard are two good gotuguy... I have a 50% record. However I play a game out of 3, the other one I simulate.

Generally, looking at the statistics , I am lacking in assistances. Is it common? or it's my way to play?
kallaghan

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:22 pm

Come to think of it, I think you'll need to adjust your quarter lengths in the settings presented in the pre-game menus. Once you select 12 minutes for a game, it should remain the setting for gameplay until you change it.

I'd say your assist numbers are a result of the way you're playing, it's definitely possible to rack up the assists if you're not going with a lot one-on-one play on offense.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby kallaghan on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:30 pm

CPU have incredible 3pt % (like 7/8 or 8/10 with player such Hinrich or Mo Williams)
I decreased their long range ability, but maybe it's me not defending properly. However few of them were uncontested...
Sounds realistic?

Someone can advice me some good play in the playbook to free a player for a 3pt (ex: a buzzer beater)?
kallaghan

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:57 pm

If you're giving them enough space they'll certainly make you pay for it, you might have to do a better job getting in their face and challenging every shot that goes up. Decreasing the long range sliders might help in the meantime but after a while you might find things getting too easy.

Do you use the pick and roll control much? Setting a good pick or using a pick and pop play isn't a bad way of getting players a good look at a three pointer on-the-fly.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 10