[Hov's Cats]

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: [Hov's Cats] (10-21) - Week 11 Recap!

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:37 am

hova- wrote:Definitely not as a point guard. It's obvious that you want an inside threat. Everybody does. But good big men are rare. I would also take a great wing scorer, Paul Pierce like. I love to play with him in 2k10. But there are not many guys like him who I can get. Actually there's like none.
I will post a list of guys who are in trade talks / on the block in the next week.

Reshawn Tyson? :lol:

Man, so many guys I would like you to get but they aren't bona fide stars... not just yet.

Wingplayers: Marvin Williams, Luol Deng, Rip Hamilton, Danny Granger, Michael Redd, Tracy McGrady, Caron Butler, Corey Maggette (Lamrock will love this)

Forwards: Yi Jianlian, Chris Bosh, Tyus Thomas, Antawn Jamison, Amare Stoudamire
Last edited by Fresh8 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:38 am

He would be a stellar addition, because he can score AND defend. But I don't think he would come along very well with Jax. :P
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:43 am

hova- wrote:He would be a stellar addition, because he can score AND defend. But I don't think he would come along very well with Jax. :P

Just edited my post with list of players I like. My favourites remain Marvin Williams and Yi Jianlian. Maybe you can release Sean Williams from Nets and pick him up like in real life. And then you trade for Marvin. :) that would be awesome!
Fresh8

Re: [Hov's Cats] (12-23) - Week 11 Recap!

Postby Lamrock on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:13 am

I like the idea of Marvin if you can make him an all-star, but that's doubtful, as he has probably already reached his ceiling. (which is a poor man's Al Harrington) I also like the idea of getting Brandan Wright. He's extremely injury prone, but when he does play, he's pretty decent.

Deviating from UNC, how about a deal for Thaddeus Young or Andre Iguodala? Both are potential all-stars (with Iggy being a legit fringe all-star)? You might need to also take Brand off their hands (which would be an interesting twist in itself), but I think that would be your best bet. A Felton - Jax - Iggy - G-Force - Chandler starting 5 would be fun to watch.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:22 am

I thought bout Iggy too... but are Philly trying to offload him?
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:28 am

Well, they're the worst team in the league in this association, and they offered a Iggy + Brand for T-Mac trade.
Lamrock

Postby john26 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:33 am

Marvin Williams would be great in Charlotte but you already have a potent scorer in Stephen Jackson.
john26

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:42 am

Lamrock wrote:Well, they're the worst team in the league in this association, and they offered a Iggy + Brand for T-Mac trade.

Yeah, I know bout the T-mac trade but don't know if Hova has the pieces to get an Iggy deal done...
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:59 pm

An Iggy trade would be realistic, since the Sixers are at a remarkable 7-35 in this dynasty so far. Still I don't know if he is the guy I'm looking for. He's almost like Gerald Wallace.
Marvin Williams would be nice, but like Lamrock said, I don't think there's a whole lot of potential in him left.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:42 pm

hova- wrote:An Iggy trade would be realistic, since the Sixers are at a remarkable 7-35 in this dynasty so far. Still I don't know if he is the guy I'm looking for. He's almost like Gerald Wallace.
Marvin Williams would be nice, but like Lamrock said, I don't think there's a whole lot of potential in him left.

Then it's up to you to find out!
Fresh8

Re: [Hov's Cats] (6-13) - Week 8 Preview !

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:40 pm

Even Stephen Jackson's 37 points were not enough to beat the Rockets

Rockets hot from down-town, rally past Bobcats

ImageImage
Charlotte, 12th

Going for their 2nd straight win during their six game home stand, the Bobcats did not expect the Yao-less Rockets to be such a tough competitor.
The Rockets, who had a surprising good start into the season but began to fall in the rankings, showed decent shooting and enough will to win the game. Tracy McGrady, who finds himself in many trade rumors and is also said to be the reason for Houston's late struggle, scored 22 points, 12 of them in a decisive 3rd quarter.
The Bobcats began well despite 5 turnovers in the 1st. They shot an amazing .75% from the field and Stephen Jackson and DJ Augustin, a Houston native after the Hurricane Katrina, scored 8 points each.
But Houston striked back. Solid defense brought them back in the game and Carl Landry hit a fadeaway in the post to give the Rockets the lead. Landry had 14 points, 10 boards and 3 assists, shooting 6-7 from the field. Stephen Jackson did his best with two back-to-back three point plays in the 3rd, but despite his big outing (37 points), the Rockets were able to hold their lead, thanks to T-Mac. Trailing for the whole 4th quarter, Charlotte never came into reach and went away empty-handed. Trevor Ariza scored a team-high 29 points, 5-10 from downtown. The whole Rockets team went 12-25 from downtown.
Aaron Brooks added 20 and 13 assists, most of them hitting the shooters outside. DJ Augustin once again proved his effectiveness going for 22 on 9-15 from the field and 3-4 from downtown. Raymond Felton had 12 assists but only scored 3 points on 1-8 shooting. Tyson Chandler showed tokens of offense scoring 9 and adding 15 boards.
Rockets Boxscore
Bobcats Boxscore

SIMULATED GAME

Spurs dominate, handle Bobcats 2nd straight loss at home

ImageImage
Charlotte, January 15th

There are many opponents, the Bobcats could not contain this season, but the Spurs are the perfect example of a team, they simply cannot beat right now.
The Bobcats trailed from the very first second of the game and had no chance to comeback. Gregg Popovich again managed to set up his team perfectly, but the Spurs are still one of the biggest disappointments of the season so far at 18-20.
Sry no boxscores as I forgot to take pics and the bug when you go to training occured. (it deletes all boxscores from recent games)
Actually I cannot remember any stat since I simmed it. But whe just got owned by the Spurs for the second time :)

ONLY TWO QUARTERS PLAYED

Suns have no business handling Bobcats 3rd straight home loss

ImageImage
Charlotte, January 16th
After three losses in a row, all of them at home, Coach and GM Chris Hov definitely did not look amused. Actually he also wasn't angry at all. The Coach did not show any emotions. He's more one of the serious guys in the business, but he knows when to explode. Now, it wasn't the right time to explode. It was time to talk some serious stuff.
The Suns did not give a chance to the Bobcats, who were already down by 24 points at the half. Steve Nash scored 18 of his 33 points in the 1st half and also flirted with a triple double (33/8/11). Leandro Barbosa added 25 and Jason Richardson 26 in a simple and plain blowout. Good for the Suns, as they had to go on their road trip without Channing Frye and Grant Hill, both down with injury problems.
But the Bobcats simply did not fight enough to make it happen after two straight losses. Tyson Chandler continued to improve offensively scoring 16 points beside his 10 boards and 3 blocks. But other than that, there was nothing to cheer about. Gerald Wallace added 23 points and 6 rebounds.
Raymond Felton only had 9 points and 4 assists in 36 minutes and finds his name in trade rumors more and more.
"Expect us to make deals before the deadline", an ice-cold Hov said. "When I came here, I wanted to see postseason basketball in Charlotte and this goal is almost out of reach now", the german GM told the media. "We will have to sit together and look how we can change the structures of the team. When I came here it was not like I felt this team is what I want it to be. But we wanted to give a chance to our guys and see how things turn out". Hov also stated that there is no reason for him or any other executive to quit now.
So ends a busy week in Charlotte with more questions than answers. The Bobcats are the only team who has not played postseason basketball in the NBA. And it seems like it's another year delay.
Suns Boxscore
Bobcats Boxscore

So I will also have this one on hold, I did not sim any games with the patch so far, so stats have not been influenced. I hope they fix it soon.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: [Hov's Cats] (12-23) - Week 12 Recap! On hold

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:52 pm

Oh man, since everyone is on hold... ALIB2 is gonna get more viewers :)
Fresh8

Postby |)e8* on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:15 pm

Man tough losses. Give us a blockbuster trade!
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:58 am

Sit wrote:Oh man, since everyone is on hold... ALIB2 is gonna get more viewers :)

Yeah, mine too.

:rimshot:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Thief (1981), The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:09 am

Awful week. Sucks that the 2K patch is causing a bunch if dynasties to go down. First they release an insultingly bad game, then after a patch to make it decent they go and ruin (the already somewhat poor) sim stats for no reason. Fuck you 2K. You are no better than EA.
Lamrock

Postby dare on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:20 am

first X's dynasty now yours :( damn I'm glad that I'm only using live 08 :P
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:28 am

Do you have player roles on -hova? On the off chance you don't, your stats are fine.
Lamrock

Postby The X on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:18 pm

dare wrote:first X's dynasty now yours :( damn I'm glad that I'm only using live 08 :P

That's nothing to be proud of :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:33 pm

Lamrock wrote:Awful week. Sucks that the 2K patch is causing a bunch if dynasties to go down. First they release an insultingly bad game, then after a patch to make it decent they go and ruin (the already somewhat poor) sim stats for no reason. Fuck you 2K. You are no better than EA.

can't put it better then that
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:39 am

dare, yeah, I do not say that often, but in that case live is definitely better

Lamrock, yeah I play with roles, I mean it's a decent feature and I hope they patch it because you can't just tell everyone to turn a feature of the game off.

I will post some updates about trade options etc. when I have the time, just to keep it running and because it's fun for me - and despite not contributing to any progress - I hope for you also.

Cheers
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lamrock on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:44 pm

More story would be great. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:00 pm

Yep I would like to see how GM Hova's life now that Boris Diaw is gone. :P
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Thief (1981), The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby hova- on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:08 pm

Yeah, maybe I will come up with that. Fuck, I just can't get myself to learning right now, so I've been playing around with the ESPN trading machine.
Did you know that S-Jax and Acie Law cannot be traded alongside another player. I think I will add that into my D, gives more realism.

Another question: I am usually someone who wants to keep it realistic etc. i.e. I don't pull too many trades. But this time, I feel like I'd like to change the face of this Cats team, because they not only suck (in my D), they also have a really bad salary situation.
So would you mind big changes, like a huge wrap around and find it unrealistic, or is it just what you guys would do, too?
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby dare on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:20 pm

Well a major trade is great but not the one too unrealistic, so will this continue soon?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby hova- on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Depends on 2k when this will continue. I have exams anyway, so I don't mind a pause until mid February. But I hope I can continue it when they can get rid of the bug.

I'm not talking about unrealistic trades, more about many trades maybe.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame