[Hov's Cats]

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: [Hov's Cats] (10-21) - Some office stuff ...

Postby dare on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:30 pm

Your Turner looks more realistic than mine :)
dare
True kings have rings

Postby |)e8* on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:38 pm

If curry starts grabbing boards and Wallace steps up it will be much mo betta
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Re: [Hov's Cats] (4-12) - Week 6 Recap - Injury woes :/

Postby The X on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:26 pm

hova- wrote:

First of all I noticed two big bugs. The minutes were way off but at least they displayed the ratio. I knew that Jax was around 35 minutes per game and that was my measure. Second, they said "rebound" where it should be "defensive rebound", so I had to add these numbers for complete rebounding.[/b][/size]

Ahh, so that would explain why the rebounding numbers for Bogut always seemed wrong. When they show the quarterly team scores and Bucks' game high scorers, the rebounds are defensive, not total. Glad you pick that up.

What's this about the ratio? Is that the ratio compared to the projected minutes in rotation screen? If so, pretty crap. Just give us damn minutes per game :x

dare wrote:Your Turner looks more realistic than mine :)

Not really his Turner as I got the exact same looking Turner in mine :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:45 am

Trade Murray man, he's playing crap and still bitching for minutes? :shake:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:21 am

Sit, you're on the blow it up bandwagon all the way, I know. Let's face January and see for further moves.

dare, haha thanks. Actually I had my hands on him. X is right that I dled the draft class but I always try to make the faces even better and play around with the CAP mode.

De8, It's just like in real life. This won't happen in a hurry. I have to work on both to get them better involved I guess.

The X, the ratio thing is only for me personally. A little indicator. Because Felton and Wallace have 1.0 for example. I know that they are around 32 minutes per game. From that I can guess the others minutes. Like 32 x 0.5 (Henderson) = 16 minutes (Hendersons minutes).

Well I guess it's just better to look up the stats in the game ^^
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Clutch on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:23 am

he can rebound and block shots but for 6M$??

yah, i'd be looking to move Diop too with that kind of payroll

i don't think a major overhaul of the team is necessary; you've got some solid roleplayers and the addition of someone like Turner could be the future "Roy" for your team (acronymically speaking too ;) )
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Re: [Hov's Cats] (6-13) - Week 8 Preview !

Postby hova- on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:01 am

ONLY 2 QUARTERS PLAYED

Bobcats suffer 2nd blowout in 2 days

ImageImage
Cleveland, January 3rd

Just after suffering a tough loss to the hands of Miami, the Charlotte Bobcats got once again pounded big time, with the Cleveland Cavaliers taking over.
From the first quarter on, LeBron James showed that this is his "house" scoring 10 of his 29 points. They Bobcats only managed to stay in the game because Cleveland fouled too many times, leading to easy buckets for Charlotte. Despite Gerald Wallace 10 point performance in the 2nd, Cleveland cruised away, thanks to two neck breaking three pointers by Jamario Moon. "You cannot leave anyone of their team wide open. At one time of the game I was afraid that even Shaq might start to pull up for a three", a tragic coach Hov said later. The Cavs had no problems in the 2nd half and defended their home court easily.
Mo Williams had 27 points and 13 assists while Anthony Parker added 20 and 6. The Cavs shot 9 of 20 from downtown and held the Cats to .31% from the field.
Eddy Curry scored a team-high 18 followed by Wallace's 17. Ray Felton had 12 points and 9 assists and Stephen Jackson had 12, 8 boards and 6 assists, but shot only 5-20.
Cavs Boxscore
Bobcats Boxscore

DJ Augustin scored a team-high 30 points off the bench

Charlotte recovers, beats Bulls despite Rose's 31

Image 94-97 cannot upload
Charlotte, January 5th

After two tough losses in a row the Cats were going back home meeting the so far struggling Chicago Bulls in a battle of the lower seeds in the East.
Derrick Rose opened the game with a 12 points 1st quarter outburst which helped the Bulls grab a decent lead. Thanks to solid 7 points and 3 boards of Eddy Curry, the Cats were able to stay in the game. Still they were having problems with the fast paced Bulls offense.
So in the 2nd half coach Hov decided to play small ball with Felton and Augustin at the 1 and 2 respectively. And it paid off. Augustin had 12 of his 30 points in the 2nd when the Bobcats clawed back. But some veteran leadership of this season's acquisition Jerry Stackhouse, who scored 12 of his 16 in the 2nd, held the Bulls a narrow lead.
This lead started to grow immensely in the 3rd. Rose&co went on a 10-0 run making it a 13 point game, but the Cats once again were able to fight back into it.
Led by Stephen Jackson's 10 in the 3rd they narrowed the gap to one.
In the 4th quarter the Bobcats were able to grab their first lead since the beginning of the game by a beautiful jumper from Gerald Wallace, who only had 8 points in the game. DJ Augustin and Stephen Jackson hit another two shots to give the Bobcats a two point lead with 30 seconds left in the game.
The Bulls decided to give the Cats the shot, but Augustin got fouled with 8 seconds left on the clock. A pretty bad foul by Derrick Rose, who had 31 points and 9 assists. Augustin only hit one but the Bulls had no timeout remaining. Under heavy pressure, Kirk Hinrich, who only shot 2-7 from downtown for 13 points, went upcourt and shot the hail mary, but could not hit.
Stephen Jackson had 28 points and Tyson Chandler added 16 boards and two blocks. For the Bulls Joakim Noah had 12 and 13, but Luol Deng had an off-night, he shot 2-13 for 4 points and grabbed 8 boards.
Bulls Boxscore
Bobcats Boxscore

Gerald Henderson posted an early dunk of the year candidate

Knicks cruise past Bobcats, make it 4-0

ImageImage
New York, January 7th
It was already the 4th time the Knicks and the Bobcats were facing each other and - like three times before - the Bobcats could not take a win, even with Nate Robinson, who scored 28 last time, being out with a harmstring injury.
Despite a very good beginning, Gerald Wallace, who had himself a monster game, scored 10 points on 5-5 shooting and the Knicks only hit .32% of their shots, the Cats let the game slip away in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.
The Knicks had a decent 10-3 run in the 2nd with Danilo Gallinari scoring all of his 7 points, but the Cats cut down the deficit as DJ Augustin, who once again came up big with 25 points off the bench, had 7 points.
It was in the 3rd quarter, when Gerald Henderson went up for the big nasty jam on Darko Milicic and everybody saw the momentum shifting.
But not for long. Despite David Lee fouling out early in the 4th after only scoring 2 points in 18 minutes, the Knicks bounced back and outscored the Bobcats.
Larry Hughes had 24 and Wilson Chandler and Chris Duhon added 18 a piece.
For the Bobcats, Gerald Wallace had a monster line of 20 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals and a blocked shot. But Stephen Jackson only scored 7 points and Eddy Curry added 11, which was not enough to beat the Knicks.
Knicks Boxscore
Bobcats Boxscore
Play Of The Game: Gerald Henderson gets nasty on the Knickerbockers
phpBB [video]

SIMULATED GAME

Jackson, Wallace lead Cats past Grizzlies

ImageImage
Charlotte, January 9th
Inconsistent as they are, the Bobcats managed to beat the Grizzlies in a not very offensive-minded game at Charlotte.
Stephen Jackson, who came off a 7 point night at the Garden, scored 26 and Gerald Wallace 20 points and 8 boards for the Bobcats, who only trailed twice in the game. Raymond Felton added 12 points and 7 assists as well as 4 steals.
For Memphis, it was a disaster game as they only hit .345% of their shots and got blocked 9 times.
Zach Randolph had a game-high 27 and OJ Mayo added 20 points and 9 boards, but the Grizzlies' bench simply could not produce and scored only 15 points.
The Grizzlies fall to 12-26 being one game worse than Charlotte now.
Grizzlies Boxscore
Bobcats Boxscore

hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: [Hov's Cats] (10-21) - Week 11 Recap!

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:11 am

I still say that you keeping with the real schedule it's great. That's what I'm trying to do now, posting one game a day...
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:40 am

2-2 week isn't bad, but playoffs now look out of the question barring a big trade. Nice to see a recap. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby hova- on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:04 am

Thierry., thanks, but I have to admit it's not intentional ... it's just like I am busy learning and sit mostly in front of my laptop learning and thus I do not feel motivated to post big recaps.
If I did not need to write that much for my exams, there would be more recaps for sure since I get up early and learn and have some free time every evening.

Lamrock, yeah I feel the same. I won't pull the trigger before February though, because I want everybody to get the chance to prove themselves in January. Glad you like the recap ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mark. on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:01 am

That pic looks really mean, very real. Good to see your still winning a few. Looking forward to see what you do at the trade deadline.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:56 am

hova- wrote:Sit, you're on the blow it up bandwagon all the way, I know. Let's face January and see for further moves.

Only looking out for you man, from one GM to the other. You know???
Last edited by Fresh8 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Azzdogs on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Awesome dunk by Henderson :D

Thanks to TheDee for the signature
Azzdogs

Postby [Hyperize] on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:27 am

Very disappointing loss to the Knicks. (N) I would love to see a trade of some sort happen before the deadline though. It seems as if you could really use it. :wink:
[Hyperize]

Postby anthony22 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:47 am

amazing dunk by Gerald Henderson,this is one of the best dynasties/associations i've seen in a while,really love all the recaps !
anthony22

Postby The X on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Nice dunk by Henderson :P

Question, how do you get video with commentary? Are you recording live? I know I can upload video replays without commentary but nothing with it. It really adds another dimension either way. Great work (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby buzzy on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:30 pm

He's adding real life commentary to the videos.

Anyway, I love this dynasty hova, just been reading through it. Definitely going to post more often from now on.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:43 am

Mark., thanks, but that pic is nowhere near the worst of yours. I guess everybody's eager to see some moves. I will really analyze and plan well if I do big trades, that is for sure.

Sit, I know, that's what friendly GMs do. Any suggestions on guys I should try to trade for?

Azzdogs, glad you like it ;)

XxHyperDunk24, argh, the Knicks are so tough to play against. They only can run and rebound, two things I have problems to deal with.

anthony22, hey thanks, glad that you came by!

The X, as buzzy said, I take the commentary from youtube and then mix it with the clip (you can download your clip on 2ksports). It's not that hard to do at all, takes maybe 10 minutes if I find good commentaries that fit to the vid. glad you like it ;)

buzzy, glad you like it. Decided to start one as I'm studying now, you know. University allows me a better time management than my civilian service last year. What about you? Still playing 2k?
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby buzzy on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:03 am

I went with Live this year but they completely destroyed it by patching it up the way they did. I'm back now with 2k as I got 2k10 second hand.
And all those pretty dynasties really inspire me, who knows, maybe I'll find the time for an association myself. ;)
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:14 am

Love the Gerald Henderson Dunk against the Knicks, but sucks that you beat the Bulls when you could have lost to them and kicked Lebron's ass instead (N)

anyhow. good solid week, but i agree with everyone else, you need a trade :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Martti. on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:37 am

Holy smokes, that's dunk of the year!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:22 am

I think you should trade for McGrady! Or even Redd and his expiring contract. You need a big name in town so I'm leaning with T-Mac.

Would be cool to bring in a Tar Heel though so maybe trade for Atlanta's Marvin Williams and make him a star? :)
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:27 am

Actually I thought about bringing some UNC guy in there, but right now the league is lacking of UNC stars. (Without looking up and with my bad college knowledge I only remember: VC, Sheed, Jamison and Sean May :D )

T-Mac is interesting, but never would I resign him. Same for Redd. Honestly, I would love to make a deal which brings me instant help for the next year. A deal that gives me two or three guys who fit into the team and can form a decent starting five alongside my draft pick.
But I guess that is what Charlotte is trying for 6 years now.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:29 am

You need the CAP space if u went for T-Mac/Redd so don't resign them. Quick fix.

But I think you should get Marvin Williams. (Y)

One question, what position would you like your star to play? Wing, Inside, Point?
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:34 am

Definitely not as a point guard. It's obvious that you want an inside threat. Everybody does. But good big men are rare. I would also take a great wing scorer, Paul Pierce like. I love to play with him in 2k10. But there are not many guys like him who I can get. Actually there's like none.
I will post a list of guys who are in trade talks / on the block in the next week.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame