REDitor (Current v. 1.1.2).

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K10 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

What do you consider to be the most important additions (choose from both released and planned)?

Editable Jerseys and Courts
24%
Editable Association, MyPlayer file types
37%
Editable Draft Classes, Exported Teams file types
21%
TURK scripting system
3%
Row filtering, dynamic linkage, Global Editor and other interface features
7%
Video and text tutorials
5%
Localizations of REDitor to other languages
3%

Total votes : 307

REDitor (Current v. 1.1.2).

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:33 am

For support, please reply to this thread - viewtopic.php?f=143&t=83175

REDitor v. 1.1.2

Author: Vl@d Zola Jr.
Special thanks: JaoSming, M@dDog, yuyuzhen2, toyomihm, njkobe, *Rage*StC aka STOMPTHECOURT

This is the tool, which will help U to edit Roster-files of the brand new NBA 2K10 game!

News: REDitor II is released! Please, visit this page for a possible upgrade:

What is new in version 1.1?

New in v. 1.1.2:
- Hot-fix for 1.1.1, pasting into grids works properly now.

New in v. 1.1.1:
- Search interface was updated; hot-keys for search were added: F3 and Ctrl+F3, Enter and Ctrl+Enter (while editing keywords).
- Copy-Pasting now correctly works for both Grids and Edit-fields, depending on the focused conrol.
- Fixed bug, when changing values of Minutes, assigned to players, using reorginized interface, didn't take real effect after saving.
- Fixed files fiter in Open and Save dialogs for Player license: now .FXG and .CMG files can be viewed without any problem.

1. New editable things for Players: TeamID and DraftedBy
  2. New different editable stats for Teams
  3. Team Type editable
  4. "Access violation error", which could take place in some cases after applying a TURK script, doesn't appear any more
  5. Now you can hit Enter button to search after making input on Search panel
  6. The folder with Tutorials can be now accessed via Help -> Tutorials.. menu inside the program
  7. Optimization
  8. Tutorials updated

==========================================================================================
This release works correctly, smoothly and fine. So, it is STRICTLY recommended to upgrade your old REDitor.
I tried not to make mistakes, but they are possible. So, back-up your files first, before opening them with REDitor!

Also read Release Notes. It is important!

Also:
I'm looking for help. And I don't want to allow the situation, when many roster editors would exist... So, if U found out somehing interesting about the roster - PM me, and I'll add you to credits. The more you help me, the more I'll provide you with the information. And, finally, together we will make a great editor.

Download and enjoy it:
1.1.2 FREE
1.1.2 FREE (Alternative link)
The instruction on How To Buy is located here: http://vlad-2727.narod.ru/HowToBuy.htm
Version Comparison Chart: http://vlad-2727.narod.ru/REDitorComparison.htm

Through NLSC: http://download.nba-live.com/index.php?act=view&id=2174

It is Full pack, the Minimal pack will be created later.

Download 1.0 DEMO (all functions are available, but files can't be saved; also a bit buggy, 'cause it's pre-release :) ) to check, what you will pay for!
1.0 DEMO

Go-go, Chuvash En! :)

Older versions:
0.7 Beta3
0.7 Beta2
0.7 Beta1
0.7 Beta0
Last edited by Vl@d Zola Jr. on Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:06 am, edited 153 times in total.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Roster Editor Is Coming Soon!

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:13 am

So, found out this already:

The program will go for testing in 24-hours.
The release will be on Sunday or on Monday, if I'm busy tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby njkobe on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:33 am

Looks promising and look forward to that :P
Are we able to edit players' body shapes (e.g. width of shoulders, height of calves, etc.) ain this release? Are we able to edit My Player Save file as well using this? And do you still need other players' iff IDs?
Sorry for asking so many questions :oops:
Last edited by njkobe on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
njkobe
The Black Mamba

Postby Mr.Xcitement96 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:37 am

This is great! looking forward to your roster editor. Thanks for the hard work... Good luck! :bowdown: (Y)
Mr.Xcitement96

Postby suirad on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:54 am

ill help man soon as i get home which will be 11pm in the u.s. ill start giving the cf files of 76er players just tell me what u need im down to help if no one else is
suirad

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:01 am

Thx, man.
But this is not necessary already... I found out what I needed.

Are we able to edit players' body shapes (e.g. width of shoulders, height of calves, etc.) ain this release? Are we able to edit My Player Save file as well using this? And do you still need other players' iff IDs?

"No" to all the questions. :)
I don't know, if editing width of shoulders etc. can be done... for now it seems, that the game gives bodytypes according to players height, weight and cut of muscles.
My Player editing will be released some weeks later... I want to be able to edit everything in an ordinary roster, at first.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby njkobe on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:22 am

Thanks for the info. The body shapes' stuff is editable in 09 (u can have thin, medium and fat 3 base shapes to start with, and you can tweak how big the arms, how wide the shoulders and how thick calves are and stuff, anf of course the buff/ripped option ). It's very likely that 2k is using sth. similar this year as well. Anyway, we can always further explore it in future.
P.S. PM me if you are interested in the body shape stuff, I guess I can recall how it works to look for player's body shape values in the roster using hex in 2k9, not sure about how it works in 2k10 though :wink:
njkobe
The Black Mamba

Postby BoFF on Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:13 am

njkobe wrote:Thanks for the info. The body shapes' stuff is editable in 09 (u can have thin, medium and fat 3 base shapes to start with, and you can tweak how big the arms, how wide the shoulders and how thick calves are and stuff, anf of course the buff/ripped option ). It's very likely that 2k is using sth. similar this year as well. Anyway, we can always further explore it in future.
P.S. PM me if you are interested in the body shape stuff, I guess I can recall how it works to look for player's body shape values in the roster using hex in 2k9, not sure about how it works in 2k10 though :wink:

really? i would like to keep the weight of the players the same but have the body shape differently...example Darko Milicic his body type is way to big and i would like to give him a slimmer look but keep the weight....
BoFF

Postby BrotherJRB on Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:47 am

Vl@d Zola I can work on the iff matchups. I will work on a comprehensive list this weekend. I will also do the cdf portraits if that will help too.

Let me know exactly what you want and what format you want me to send it in. I was going to use open offices spreadsheet.

Anyway let me know I have all day Saturday (I am in the U.S. eastern time) to work on this. Thanks again for working on the editor. :bowdown:

----edit (looks like you already found out what you were looking for? If you need any help this weekend feel free to PM me. I will be around to take on any task I can)
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Postby Look my voice to LP on Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:13 am

are we able to edit team shoe colour with this editor?
ImageImage
I am godfather of the Paint
Look my voice to LP

Postby jor1980 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:16 am

Congratulations, good work
jor1980

Postby cerebus23 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:51 am

man modding tools are progressing alot faster this year. exciting news and great work.
cerebus23

Postby Modifly on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:59 am

This is great news indeed, thank you for your contribution. :D
Modifly
On a hiatus..

Postby lebrownage on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:58 pm

can u allow it to read xbox 360 rosters too?
lebrownage

Postby 5PiRiTa5 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:20 pm

Great. then albys will be able to start editing rosters... P.S 3000th post hehe :cheeky:
5PiRiTa5

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:31 pm

Thanks for the info. The body shapes' stuff is editable in 09 (u can have thin, medium and fat 3 base shapes to start with, and you can tweak how big the arms, how wide the shoulders and how thick calves are and stuff, anf of course the buff/ripped option ). It's very likely that 2k is using sth. similar this year as well. Anyway, we can always further explore it in future.

Ok, we'll try to search the values. But as I was changing weight, only 2 bytes (weight itself) were changing, no matter, whether I added 10 lbs, or 150...

Vl@d Zola I can work on the iff matchups. I will work on a comprehensive list this weekend. I will also do the cdf portraits if that will help too.
Let me know exactly what you want and what format you want me to send it in. I was going to use open offices spreadsheet.

Oh, I think, it will be easy for U now. Because U can simply copy 3 columns (First Name, Second Name and Portrait/CF ID). Actually, this year it seems, both Portrait and CF (at least, in Roster v. 2) have one ID. And also Skin Tone is assigned for each CF. As U can see on the screenshot, I'd only changed CF ID, and Louis Williams of 76ers became a white guy...

are we able to edit team shoe colour with this editor?

Not yet, actually.
I'm just gonna have some brake from it, that's why I decided to make a release. I'll get back to developing it in a few days, and will make teams editable... so team colors will be editable as well. Anyway, now U can enable the use of Custom Colors for each player on the team and just copy the values...

Congratulations, good work

Thanks, man! I appreciate that.

man modding tools are progressing alot faster this year. exciting news and great work.

Big thanks 2 jor1980!! :applaud:
And... ha-ha.. I just needed to get some info from the roster file, but finally it got into creating such a tool )))

This is great news indeed, thank you for your contribution. :D

Thanks!

can u allow it to read xbox 360 rosters too?

Upload the file somewhere and PM me... I'll have a look on it. If it's similar to PCs, so, I'll make it editable also.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby njkobe on Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:09 pm

Vl@d Zola Jr. wrote:
Ok, we'll try to search the values. But as I was changing weight, only 2 bytes (weight itself) were changing, no matter, whether I added 10 lbs, or 150..

That really proves that changing weight alone to a player wont affect his body shape, and some attributes are in charge of this, aint it :P
njkobe
The Black Mamba

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:06 pm

No-no... I mean, I added 150 lbs to player's weight in game editor. He became bigger. Then I checked Hex and saw, that only 2 bytes had changed...
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby njkobe on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:32 pm

lol, I see, so the thin/meduim/thick body shapes is related to weight now (Y) There might be some other attributes as found in 2k9 though, since Kobe and Pierce r of similar height and weight, but their body shapes vary a lot in the game (just one example). :P
njkobe
The Black Mamba

Postby toyomihm on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:37 pm

of course,when he bacame bigger,that only changed the body from thin to normal
toyomihm

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:10 pm

Those 2 bytes = 1 value (weight).

since Kobe and Pierce r of similar height and weight, but their body shapes vary a lot in the game (just one example). :P

Hmm... that's interesting... :)
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby BoFF on Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:19 pm

so we're able to edit team color accessories? will this tool make it easier adding accessories as well? going ingame and reading forums with accessories thread can be a chore lol

thanks for everything Vl@d
BoFF

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:22 am

Not yet.
Colors of players' accessories - in the next version.
Colors of teams' accessories - a bit later...
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby NastyNacho1 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:03 am

Vlad is the MAN!
NastyNacho1

Postby BoFF on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:22 am

Vl@d Zola Jr. wrote:Not yet.
Colors of players' accessories - in the next version.
Colors of teams' accessories - a bit later...

cool! how about adding accessories? is that even possible?
BoFF

Next

Return to NBA 2K10 Modding