NBA 2k10 PC Impressions

Talk about NBA 2K10 here.

Re: NBA 2k10 PC Impressions

Postby Freeman13 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:45 am

Before I get the pc version, I would like a few comments about it, thanks in advance.

1.) I have the xbox version already and judging from the looks of pc screens. is the pc version better, in terms of being visually stunning, than the xbox?
2.) My player mode on xbox feels abit... slow on the xbox, is it the same as pc?
3.) When playing in the D-league, I can't hear any commentary, is it normal? ( I have never been to a stadium before... :( )
Freeman13

Postby NYKNICK on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:54 am

2k sports was not playing any games. This is smoother then the consoles with all the features except the Draft Combine. Cant wait to they put a patch for the controller because the buttons on screen are confusing the hell out of me.

Also, NBA Daily or whatever is by far the best thing ever in presentation. Im playing the game a pre season game between the Raps and Wiz and they start talking about the previous game where Arenas had a bunch of points but they still lost. Then Im thinking this is awesome and cant get any better, Foye comes in from the bench and they start talking about how he didnt come through for them in the pivotal part of the game when they needed him. Just really awesome work done on presentation.

I can only say that maybe the button layout thing is so confusing with using the 360 controller.

Also, it seems the cpu players are much much faster then the human AI players because I was using Jose Calderon and running down the sidelines and freaking Haywood is right on my heels stride for stride so maybe a little adjusting to the sliders.

A couple of times the ball got stuck where the player would keep passing it back and fourth between the ref and player and there was like a guy glitched in the middle, but I press pause a couple times and it didnt go through, so I had to burn a timeout(not really that big of a deal).

A couple times on their own the cpu pg would just go back and have a backcourt violation called on them. Happened three times in one game then twice in my next then didnt happen in the next couple games. So I dont know what was causing it.

Overall 2k put EA to shame with the crapfest FIfa they put out. This is how you do it right here.
NYKNICK

Postby majorpain22 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:09 am

For some reason 2k9 ran like a charm maxed out on my PC and I had it hooked up to my LG 42'. The only time it gets choppy in 2k10 is when player detail is on high. When player detail is on medium, I'm getting 60 FPS and that's cool but I like to see the jerseys move..lol. Any suggestions ??

AMD Sempron Dual Core 2200 2.00 GHz
2.00 GB Ram
Vista Home 32
GeForce 9800 GT (got the latest drivers)
Plenty of Hard Drive Space
majorpain22

Postby flam1ng n1nja11 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:31 am

.... that... needs to be upgraded
flam1ng n1nja11
FN11

Postby JBreezey on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:46 am

Freeman13 wrote:Before I get the pc version, I would like a few comments about it, thanks in advance.

1.) I have the xbox version already and judging from the looks of pc screens. is the pc version better, in terms of being visually stunning, than the xbox?
2.) My player mode on xbox feels abit... slow on the xbox, is it the same as pc?
3.) When playing in the D-league, I can't hear any commentary, is it normal? ( I have never been to a stadium before... :( )

It very much depends on your PC. If you have the best equipment Im sure it will look better than the 360. If youre like me and running a crapbox whos just glad he can play the game on medium settings maybe the Xbox is the better choice.

Personally i saw no difference between the 2.

Yeah that's normal

"And just like everything in life, things grow, people grow, and people grow apart. It's like some things were never meant to be, you see. But, then again, maybe some things are." - Lupe Fiasco
JBreezey

Postby Retrolock on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Diablo- wrote:is there anyway to change the minutes per quarter in my player mode ?

Yeah, I need to know this also. 5 minutes per quarter is not enough for my budding D-League star lol
Retrolock

Postby TheOriginalCandyMan on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:00 pm

flam1ng n1nja11 wrote:

.... that... needs to be upgraded

Yeah get the new black edition AMD processors

Don't hate, celebrate....

follow my twitter http://twitter.com/specialed452009
TheOriginalCandyMan

Postby JaoSming on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:01 pm

not yet, gotta wait for the patch. the workaround for the consoles evidently doesnt work for the PC version.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Jack Nguyen on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:40 pm

Jaosming, has 2K confirmed they are working on a patch to fix the quarter length??
Jack Nguyen

Postby Kaaba on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:01 pm

Jack Nguyen wrote:Jaosming, has 2K confirmed they are working on a patch to fix the quarter length??

They didn´t confirmed that they´re working on the quarter length patch, but they´re working on a patch. What they will put in, nobody knows yet.
Kaaba

Postby JaoSming on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:11 pm

My Player
My Player Duplication
My Player/Association Developmental Drills Glitch
My Player Minutes
My Player Pick-UP Games Drop Connection - NEEDS TO WORK
5th game freeze during summer circuit in My Player
Retired Player Jerseys in My Player
Editing tendencies does not add up to 100
Hold Ball Too Long is too short of a period, especially for a PG
My Player Shooting on same basket after halftime
Exporting created players makes them become generic
Subs in My Player in rapid succession and at extremely wrong position
Foul outs in My Player mode wonky

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236237
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby tree55292 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:56 am

hey today is the 10-12-09 i wanted to buy nba2k10 pc but what store will have the game on the 12th game stop not have it walmart not have it so what store will
NBA 2K12

Look up be happy Dwyane Wade is the man in NBA 2K12
tree55292

Postby TheBigEasy on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:52 am

Quick question ... I haven't played NBA 2k9 all that much (which is a shame really, cause I bought a new graphics card for it) ... anyways. I remember the menus being an absolute pain in the ass to navigate, cause it was all mapped out for consoles.

Has that changed in the PC version of NBA 2k10? I.e. is it easier to navigate or do I still have to navigate by controller with absolutely no use whatsoever of the mouse?
TheBigEasy

Postby JaoSming on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:26 am

the menus are navigated by moving the left stick in one of the main 9 directions and pressing A/X to select the menu. you can use a mouse + click and I find it much easier.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby TheOriginalCandyMan on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:24 am

tree55292 wrote:hey today is the 10-12-09 i wanted to buy nba2k10 pc but what store will have the game on the 12th game stop not have it walmart not have it so what store will

my local gamestop said it might have it 2morro or wednesday
they said today was just for people who pre-ordered it online and got it shipped to their home.

Don't hate, celebrate....

follow my twitter http://twitter.com/specialed452009
TheOriginalCandyMan

Postby tree55292 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:25 pm

TheOriginalCandyMan wrote:
tree55292 wrote:hey today is the 10-12-09 i wanted to buy nba2k10 pc but what store will have the game on the 12th game stop not have it walmart not have it so what store will

my local gamestop said it might have it 2morro or wednesday
they said today was just for people who pre-ordered it online and got it shipped to their home.

thanks you best buy said it will have the game 2morro 2 i thanks you Dallas tx
NBA 2K12

Look up be happy Dwyane Wade is the man in NBA 2K12
tree55292

Postby derekj54 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:09 pm

MassDaGod wrote:Im trying to install it, I bought it from Gamersgate and it says I need to insert disc 1 or some BS, does anyone know what to do?

Mass did you get this fixed? Apparently most dont have the problem but i do too.
NBA 2K10 Online Name: DerekJ54
My Player: Derek Jones #54 6'8 Athletic SF
derekj54

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:15 pm

My Player mode is trash. It's slow and boring and it takes so long for my button presses to do anything. He can't hit wide open jumpshots, which was MUCH different on the xbox360, because that was one of the main ways I could score. All throughout the game I lose control of my player as he does some weird zigzagging movements. Whenever I try to do something it happens a second later because he's stuck in some stupid animation. I airball a perfectly released wide open jumpshot, yet I somehow swish a badly timed one with a defender in my face? Don't think so. Somebody hack the game speed in this mode, please.

Why the hell can't they make the controls like the xbox version? Top face button is fucking hop step/hop step spin, not spin button. Right face button is call for pick not fucking crossover.

I can't change my layup in midair. It specifically said I could, and I can't, it's not possible. I can change out of a dunk, but not a layup like it sais.

Way to go 2Ksports. You are on your way to being the new EA Sports.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Yo1 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:03 am

I'm so disapointed with NBA 2K10! I'm waiting for all-new dunk animation but game designers decide just to *copy-paste* all dunk animations from previous game! I can't believe that they can't find any of spectacular dunker and make a motion capture of him! They just added a few all new dunk animations and make old a little smoother! Other than that is OK, but i wanna more... Where is a Latrell Sprewell style of dunking, or Kenyon Martin Animal Way to throw in a ball... Damn!!!! (N)
Pure SICKNESS!!!!
Yo1

Postby J@3 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:21 am

Pdub wrote:My Player mode is trash. It's slow and boring and it takes so long for my button presses to do anything. He can't hit wide open jumpshots, which was MUCH different on the xbox360, because that was one of the main ways I could score. All throughout the game I lose control of my player as he does some weird zigzagging movements. Whenever I try to do something it happens a second later because he's stuck in some stupid animation. I airball a perfectly released wide open jumpshot, yet I somehow swish a badly timed one with a defender in my face? Don't think so. Somebody hack the game speed in this mode, please.

Why the hell can't they make the controls like the xbox version? Top face button is fucking hop step/hop step spin, not spin button. Right face button is call for pick not fucking crossover.

I can't change my layup in midair. It specifically said I could, and I can't, it's not possible. I can change out of a dunk, but not a layup like it sais.

Way to go 2Ksports. You are on your way to being the new EA Sports.

Does anyone else feel like this? I've pretty much read nothing but good things about My Player and I'm planning on buying the game today purely because of it, but this has set off a few alarms.
J@3

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:30 am

you're player is going to suck at first, and it's an NBA game so it's going to be frustrating. All of what Pat said is true, except for the dunk to layup thing, that worked for me, but it's all minor stuff for me as of right now.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby J@3 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:33 am

I don't mind him sucking, the unresponsive buttons worry me a bit but it looks like 2K are bringing out a monster patch anyway so it should be alright.
J@3

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:16 am

From what I've noticed, the controller response in moving your player it's based on the players ratings and my preference for game speed, which makes it feel more responsive to me when it is higher. So, if you are planning on making a guard, start with an athletic one so you have the highest starting speed rating.

The cpu controlling my player movements happens when I press the call for pass button while running, he will start to zig zag or make an awkward change of direction and I don't know the reason for it. I think it only happens when I press the call for alleyoop button, though.

I'm not sure what's up with the jumpshots, though. I've read at OS that people are having different experiences with jumpshot release timing in different game modes such as practice/shootaround and 5 on 5 modes. So maybe some adjustment of my release timing is in order.

I don't mind my player not being good from the beginning, but I feel as if I am not rewarded when I do something good. You don't get many skill points for a good performance, anyways. The best way to get points is through the performance objectives and your teammate grade. Basically, boxout and set offball screens and swing the ball and you will get good teammate grades for it. Several times I get a good teammate grade for taking a good shot that happens to be a fat brick, an I will get a bad shot selection grade for driving into the lane and finishing a contested layup.
A big gripe of mine is that I can't call any plays or call for any screens or anything, even when I was subbed in at point guard. Maybe that isn't available in the summer circuit.

As you can see I am more calm right now. Last night I was getting pissed at some of the bullshit as it just added up, and at the end of the game I just said fuck it and hit call for pass 500 times, lowering my teammate grade from a C to an F. i forgot to quit the game and ended up with negative points and it autosaved, but I am heading to the D-League anyways. I know overalls don't really matter that much, but in the Draft Combine the rating went up regularly with my skill points. I am still a 43 after getting 6000 skill points. Guess I am applying them to the wrong ratings. Maybe I will start over. In the combine I did an athletic guard, and in the pc version I did an all around guard.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby J@3 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:19 am

Last night I was getting pissed at some of the bullshit as it just added up, and at the end of the game I just said fuck it and hit call for pass 500 times, lowering my teammate grade from a C to an F. i forgot to quit the game and ended up with negative points and it autosaved

:lol:
J@3

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:10 am

Pdub wrote: Maybe I will start over. In the combine I did an athletic guard, and in the pc version I did an all around guard.

Athletic seems to be the way to go because of the speed boost. We had similar impressions on the Draft Combine when we talked about it and I'm understanding your dilemma's I think because we both didnt go athletic in the full version.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K10